The false doctrines of Men.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make a good point. You said it is not based on the individual. The message is the same and I was about to fully agree. Question: Does one whom is not born of God from above inherit the Spiritual promises? Is the sword double edged? Either death or Life?
No, one must be born again to inherit the promises. The word will bring death to that individual

what happens though: if men gather all the Bible’s and burn them ...
This has already been tried. It will never happen. God said earth may pass away but his word won’t.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revisiting. Talked to my husband about the point you made and how I could relay what I’m trying to say. The Holy Spirit has to be there. So it is not based on the individual but at the same time it is in the Holy Spirit has to be there in the individual since the word of God is Spiritually discerned.
How does the HS get there? Do you believe the HS acts on you apart from his word?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does the HS get there?

Know what you are wanting said: by the Word. Agree. Yet many quote it and read it and still: 2 Timothy 3:7
[7] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

How does the HS get there? By God’s will and not man’s will. Baptized with fire from above partaking of His death and His resurrection unto Life.

Faith comes by Hearing God’s voice and Hearing God’s voice by the Word. His sheep Hear His voice and follow Him into His death and resurrection. (pick up your cross).

Question for you: what does it mean the word was made flesh? Revelation 1:18
[18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

is Revelation 1:18 the word?

Do you believe the HS acts on you apart from his word?

Sure. Everyday. He aligns. Corrects. Leads. Guides. Teaches. Comforts. Through many things and people and the Bible. Acts 17:16
[16] Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

Don’t you ever have moments in life when you are “stirred” while not someplace reading a bible?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Know what you are wanting said: by the Word. Agree. Yet many quote it and read it and still: 2 Timothy 3:7
[7] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Just because many will read and quote but don’t come to a knowledge of the truth is not the Spirits fault. Many will be lost. That is not Christ fault.

Faith comes by Hearing God’s voice and Hearing God’s voice by the Word. His sheep Hear His voice and follow Him into His death and resurrection. (pick up your cross).
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Ro 10:17. Reading what you just said someone might get the false impression that the Bible says we hear by Gods voice in our head.

Question for you: what does it mean the word was made flesh? Revelation 1:18
[18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

is Revelation 1:18 the word?
In John 1 we are told that the word was made flesh. The word in John 1 is Christ. So this is speaking of his incarnation.
Rev 1:18 is Christ and yes he is called the word.

Sure. Everyday. He aligns. Corrects. Leads. Guides. Teaches. Comforts. Through many things and people and the Bible. Acts 17:16
[16] Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

Don’t you ever have moments in life when you are “stirred” while not someplace reading a bible?
Two things. One is that Paul literally had the power of the HS. He could raise from the dead. He could impart miraculous gifts to people and he did see visions. Two, That is not given to you and I. People seem to think that God gave these gifts as play toys. No, they were given for a specific purpose and that purpose has been fulfilled.
Mark 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
They didn’t have what we have so they needed the ability to confirm what they said or no one would believe them.
I get stirred, but it’s a Bible verse popping up in my head. Whenever I see Joyce Meyer on TV I think of 1 Tim 2:12 and then just shake my head. I get stirred because I know what the Bible says.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Ro 10:17. Reading what you just said someone might get the false impression that the Bible says we hear by Gods voice in our head.

“faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.” ...hearing what??

In John 1 we are told that the word was made flesh. The word in John 1 is Christ. So this is speaking of his incarnation.
Rev 1:18 is Christ and yes he is called the word.

“The word in John 1 is Christ.” And you said “Rev 1:18 is Christ and yes he is called the word.”

Revelation 1:18

When was the word dead?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The context makes it clear that the Word of God is the Gospel and that it is the Gospel that generates faith. So hearing the Gospel is what that verse is saying. Please study the entire chapter of Romans 10. It is a very important chapter and its teaching are generally glossed over.
When was the word dead
Christ the Word was dead after His crucifixion and for three days and three nights. Dead in the sense that His dead body was in the tomb during that time. But His soul and spirit were very much alive in Sheol-Hades. And after His resurrection He is alive forever more. And that verse should say "the keys of Hades and death".

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“The word in John 1 is Christ.” And you said “Rev 1:18 is Christ and yes he is called the word.”

Revelation 1:18

When was the word dead?
Not hearing voices in your head. That could be the devil talking. Do you think the devil can talk to you the same as the Spirit? How would you discern which was which? The only way we can know the voice of the Lord is through book chapter and verse. There is no other way. Feeling and emotions are no indicator that you have truth. Jesus said sanctify them in thy word thy word is truth.

I don’t understand what you mean by the word being dead. I would hope you could understand that he was talking about his death on the cross in Rev 1. Christ’s words are alive forever more. And will always be.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not hearing voices in your head. That could be the devil talking. Do you think the devil can talk to you the same as the Spirit? How would you discern which was which? The only way we can know the voice of the Lord is through book chapter and verse. There is no other way. Feeling and emotions are no indicator that you have truth. Jesus said sanctify them in thy word thy word is truth.

Not hearing voices in my head if that is what you are asking. but God has a distinct voice unlike the worlds, yeah? Speaking of mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Things higher. Look, I get what you are saying: if my children come and ask where to start ...the Word is where I’d tell them to go. At the same time though there is John 5:39-40 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. [40] And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

It is Spiritually discerned meaning the Spirit has to be there for a person to have ears to hear and eyes to see.

I don’t understand what you mean by the word being dead. I would hope you could understand that he was talking about his death on the cross in Rev 1. Christ’s words are alive forever more. And will always be.

Yes, His death on the cross but since He is the word and He never stopped being the word...that Bible you hold with such high regard remains dead His without resurrection Spirit. As Christ is “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. So also is the Word of God which was sent out from Him, made in the likeness of sinful flesh, was crucified and was dead, and Behold the Word is alive for evermore and the Word has the keys of hell and of death. See. It supports what you are saying in The word of God holds the keys of hell and of death in who the Son sets free is free indeed. Still stand by the word of God is not bound; same as resurrection Spirit (Life) is not bound.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still stand by the word of God is not bound; same as resurrection Spirit (Life) is not bound.
If the word is not bound then it can come from anywhere? This is why we have 1000+ denominations and nobody agreeing or in unity. One standard is not applied.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the word is not bound then it can come from anywhere? This is why we have 1000+ denominations and nobody agreeing or in unity. One standard is not applied.
this is why a christian today needs to be a "Berea", why? Acts 17:11 "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so".

why "searching" the scriptures are so important? let's see, John 5:38 "And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
John 5:40 "And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Matthew 7:14 "Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

just because a majority believe somrthing, that don't make it right. Matthew 7:14 above prove this out.

PICJAG

Reactions: CNKW3

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The flesh is why we have 1000+ denominations. Flesh that is not bound but should be. The Spirit of God is not bound. The Life of the Word (Christ) isn’t flesh but the Holy Spirit. Are you saying the resurrection Son who is the word is bound? 1000+ denominations is not a bad thing in: a house divided falls. Zephaniah 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord , to serve him with one consent.

Question: will the bible always be the only communication between the Father and the sons of God? If not, then when does the bible cease to be eternal?

Last edited:

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The flesh is why we have 1000+ denominations. Flesh that is not bound but should be. The Spirit of God is not bound. The Life of the Word (Christ) isn’t flesh but the Holy Spirit. Are you saying the resurrection Son who is the word is bound? Zephaniah 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord , to serve him with one consent.

Question: will the bible always be the only communication between the Father and the sons of God? If not, then when does the bible cease to be eternal?
Yes, God is bound. There are some things God cannot do. The Bible plainly says God is just so he must always act in a just manner. Most importantly The Bible (Gods word) says that he cannot lie so when God says things like.... all men will be judged by the word of Christ Jn 12:48 and that we are to not go beyond what is written 1 Cor 4:6 we can know that is the way it will be.
And yes, while man walks this earth his only revelation from the father comes through his written revealed word. It wasn’t always like that but this is the way God has chosen for us today.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context makes it clear that the Word of God is the Gospel and that it is the Gospel that generates faith. So hearing the Gospel is what that verse is saying. Please study the entire chapter of Romans 10. It is a very important chapter and its teaching are generally glossed over.

Agree yet He said they were in the scripture and read it every Sabbath and still did not know Him nor the voice of the prophets. He said: Revelation 3:22
[22] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Is it so far off: saving faith comes by hearing the Spirit (God), and Hearing the Spirit(God) by the Word. He said even when the children speak the world doesn’t hear it them, only those with ears to hear. Is quoting scripture enough...isn’t there a distinct voice that has to be heard? John 10:27-28
[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:3-5
[3] To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. [4] And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. [5] And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God is bound. There are some things God cannot do. The Bible plainly says God is just so he must always act in a just manner. Most importantly The Bible (Gods word) says that he cannot lie so when God says things like.... all men will be judged by the word of Christ Jn 12:48 and that we are to not go beyond what is written 1 Cor 4:6 we can know that is the way it will be.
And yes, while man walks this earth his only revelation from the father comes through his written revealed word. It wasn’t always like that but this is the way God has chosen for us today.

Then maybe we will agree to disagree on
2 Timothy 2:8-9 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: [9] Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

Would ask though if God cannot lie has to automatically mean He is bound? bound is to set a boundary or to prevent one from crossing it. Does God need a boundary to not lie? As He said the law is for the disobedient. Would a boundary not be for one who needs a boundary to instruct them “here and no further”.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it so far off: saving faith comes by hearing the Spirit (God), and Hearing the Spirit(God) by the Word.
When the Gospel -- the Word of God -- is preached, the Holy Spirit certainly convicts and convinces the hearer. But it is the Gospel itself which is the power of God unto salvation, and it is the Gospel itself which is the incorruptible seed of the New Birth. Too many Christians simply gloss over the power of the Gospel itself.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then maybe we will agree to disagree on
2 Timothy 2:8-9 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: [9] Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

Would ask though if God cannot lie has to automatically mean He is bound? bound is to set a boundary or to prevent one from crossing it. Does God need a boundary to not lie? As He said the law is for the disobedient. Would a boundary not be for one who needs a boundary to instruct them “here and no further”.
Paul is saying the word will continue even though he is in prison.
God does not lie so when he says something like no man comes to the father but by Christ we can have faith that this is the way it will be and everyone else is lost. If we can’t have faith in that then what’s the use of the Bible anyway. If he can, mid stream, without letting anybody know, start accepting atheist and Muslims then he has misled us all and his word is worthless. That is what I mean by God is bound.