The false doctrines of Men.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who gave us the Bible? The Spirit. Jesus said....
John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

“...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” The point was many have the Bible in their hands and quote it ... a lot of the time in condemning another. No. God is not the author of confusion. Man is and all his man-made doctrines ...doctrine by implication means they read it and quote it religiously but for the sake of flesh and what it profits which is nothing. So the word in their mouth is nothing. God said His word would not return to Him void...in the same verse you quoted above as His words being Spirit and life ...the flesh profits nothing. He said one must pick up their cross and follow Him and His sheep hear His voice and do follow Him. What voice would that be? The voice “my words are Spirit, and they are life.” The word being Spirit and free from the bondage or being bound by man. Resurrection spirit is not bound. His word is not bound. While Paul in the flesh may have been bound...Life in the word of God is not bound. The Bible without Life and the Spirit of God...is bound and leads death ...that is the author of confusion. Countless denominations when the doctrine of God is One.
John 7:16-17 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. [17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

I would ask you if someone holds the Bible in their hands and there is no life in them, what is that book to them? Is it alive or dead?

Reactions: Nancy

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware of the false doctrines of Men that seek after the glory of man...

Doctrine of God: John 7:16-18
[16] Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. [17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. [18] He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

How many doctrines speak of man? How many hours are debated over man’s free-will and man’s ability, and man’s right and the work of man’s hands? Man. Man. Man. Seems to be the division in what man can do which God, unless it is wrong, said “nothing” in and of himself. What doctrine seeks the glory of Him that sent? How can we tell the difference in a sea of confusion and pointing of fingers and defending and arguing over our positions? “He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory:” seems straightforward and no beating around it. Does a doctrine speak of man or does it speak of God? Does a man speak of himself, or of Him ...who he says sent him? Are we listening to tell the difference in seeking of man’s glory ...or of God’s.

Doctrine(s) of men: Matthew 15:9
[9] But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mark 7:7-8
[7] Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. [8] For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

Colossians 2:20-22
[20] Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, [21] (Touch not; taste not; handle not; [22] Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Galatians 1:10-12
[10] For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. [11] But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. [12] For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Hi VIJ,

In your opinion which doctrine of men today, in the year 2019, is not compliant with Scripture? (The biggest most clear non-compliant or false doctrine)

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The entire question is this? Where does the Spirit come from? Does the Spirit come to you through the reading, studying, or someone preaching to you the word? Or does it come to you directly apart from the word. Easy question to answer. .

..and a very easy answer too.
The Holy Spirit is not "either v or....He comes BOTH ways.

He speak through His written word...He speaks through His living Word.
He speaks through dreams and visions...He speaks to His children any way He wishes and at any time of day.

He does not live in a box that men make for Him.

'In His we live and move and have our being. '

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi VIJ,

In your opinion which doctrine of men today, in the year 2019, is not compliant with Scripture? (The biggest most clear non-compliant or false doctrine)

Mary

Too many to list. A big one would be 1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

“For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world...” is not a maybe but a promise. “For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world...” A false doctrine would be saying God is a liar and whatsoever is born of God can be unborn of God and fail to overcome the world. At the same time a false doctrine would also be promoting whatsoever is born of God as not overcoming the world and pacifying delusions that is ok to not walk in the truth that “For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world.” Which is the testimony and witness of those called:children to walk in not their own power but God’s power “For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world.”

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” The point was many have the Bible in their hands and quote it ... a lot of the time in condemning another. No. God is not the author of confusion. Man is and all his man-made doctrines ...doctrine by implication means they read it and quote it religiously but for the sake of flesh and what it profits which is nothing. So the word in their mouth is nothing. God said His word would not return to Him void...in the same verse you quoted above as His words being Spirit and life ...the flesh profits nothing. He said one must pick up their cross and follow Him and His sheep hear His voice and do follow Him. What voice would that be? The voice “my words are Spirit, and they are life.” The word being Spirit and free from the bondage or being bound by man. Resurrection spirit is not bound. His word is not bound. While Paul in the flesh may have been bound...Life in the word of God is not bound. The Bible without Life and the Spirit of God...is bound and leads death ...that is the author of confusion. Countless denominations when the doctrine of God is One.
John 7:16-17 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. [17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

I would ask you if someone holds the Bible in their hands and there is no life in them, what is that book to them? Is it alive or dead?
The Bible being alive or dead is not based on the individual. Just because the individual does not handle the word aright does not change the fact that it is...
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Even if I worshipped the devil but presented to you, from the Bible, the truth you would still need to believe in it. It’s the word that has the power, not the man. That’s why Paul said that even if an angel preached some other word than what he has given let him be accursed. It doesn’t matter who presents it. It matters WHAT is presented. This whole world for 60 years was mesmerized by Billy Graham but he did not preach the truth about how to become a Christian. It’s the message not the messenger.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He speaks through dreams and visions...He speaks to His children any way He wishes and at any time of day.

He no longer speaks through dreams and visions. That was done away with 2000 years ago.
1 Corinthians 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
In chapter 12 Paul teaches about gifts of the Spirit then in the very next chapter he tells us they will vanish when that which is perfect comes. And no “that which is perfect” is not Christ. Christ is not a “that”. It is the fully revealed and recorded will of God. James calls it the PERFECT law of liberty.

There is no way you can prove your dream came from God. It could have come from the devil. He is an angel of light you know.
The devil knows he only has to tweak the word a little bit to get you to follow it. Look what he did to Adam and Eve by just adding the word “not”. Don’t be deceived like Eve.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too many to list. A big one would be 1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

“For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world...” is not a maybe but a promise. “For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world...” A false doctrine would be saying God is a liar and whatsoever is born of God can be unborn of God and fail to overcome the world. At the same time a false doctrine would also be promoting whatsoever is born of God as not overcoming the world and pacifying delusions that is ok to not walk in the truth that “For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world.” Which is the testimony and witness of those called:children to walk in not their own power but God’s power “For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world.”
Thank you.

I am not familiar with any Christian Church has that doctrine.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He no longer speaks through dreams and visions. That was done away with 2000 years ago.
1 Corinthians 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
In chapter 12 Paul teaches about gifts of the Spirit then in the very next chapter he tells us they will vanish when that which is perfect comes. And no “that which is perfect” is not Christ. Christ is not a “that”. It is the fully revealed and recorded will of God. James calls it the PERFECT law of liberty.

There is no way you can prove your dream came from God. It could have come from the devil. He is an angel of light you know.
The devil knows he only has to tweak the word a little bit to get you to follow it. Look what he did to Adam and Eve by just adding the word “not”. Don’t be deceived like Eve.

Okay.
At least we know you are “one of those”.

My friend here Dave L , is “one of those” ...you are just his weak echo.
So I will prefers to stick with him.

We argue the point quite well.

Have a good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Episkopos

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The entire question is this? Where does the Spirit come from? Does the Spirit come to you through the reading, studying, or someone preaching to you the word? Or does it come to you directly apart from the word. Easy question to answer. You can quote VJ all you want but I know he is not inspired. You post Rom 1. How do you or anybody else ever learn about the gospel? Through the Spirit given book. There is no other way. That is what I am preaching. You seem to be preaching different.
vain babbling

PICJAG.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The hard part is figuring out WHO He is speaking to. Was it Calvin, Luther, Zwingili.... etc? Hard to figure it out since they all held different doctrines that were "revealed" to them.

My two cents worth....Mary

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay.
At least we know you are “one of those”.

My friend here Dave L , is “one of those” ...you are just his weak echo.
So I will prefers to stick with him.

We argue the point quite well.

Have a good day.

LOL We have one already! :)

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Correction: He doesn't speak to you that way.

And you don't need to judge the whole world based on what you don't experience, know, or understand. o_O

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction: He doesn't speak to you that way.

And you don't need to judge the whole world based on what you don't experience, know, or understand. o_O
No, I judge what the Bible has told me. What was the reason for dreams and visions in the first place? These took place during the miraculous period leading up to Christ and in the first century when there was no written NT and the church was being established. Why would we need this today when God has told us.....
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
The Bible tells me I am thoroughly furnished to every good work. I don’t need visions, prophecy, tongues, miraculous remembrance, healings. These were all used to confirm the word. Mk 16:20

You see these guys on TV talking about their visions and dreams and how God talks to them and then they want your money. I guess we can’t judge them as being wrong. We just have to accept what anybody tells us because THEY had an experience and how dare I judge that experience even though it cannot be validated by scripture. The Bible tells us to...
1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
This is exactly what I’m doing. The only way to do this is through the written revealed will of God.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible being alive or dead is not based on the individual.

You make a good point. You said it is not based on the individual. The message is the same and I was about to fully agree. Question: Does one whom is not born of God from above inherit the Spiritual promises? Is the sword double edged? Either death or Life?

Which Word is spoken of in Psalm 12:6
[6] The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

The Bible man prints or the Son?

Proverbs 30:4-5
[4] Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? [5] Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

I don’t disagree with you that the word of God is Life. But there was a time when Life was Hidden in the word and I could Not see it. At that time I prayed for the only things I knew which were superficial and my thoughts were the same. I agree with you that I would not know any other way without continuing in the Word and being “transformed by the renewing of your mind” ...

what happens though: if men gather all the Bible’s and burn them ...will the Bible’s being burned out A stop to God leading His children since all the Bibles have been burned? Is that all Satan has to do to end the gospel and children being born from above...all Satan has to do is convince man to burn the Bible’s and “it is written” will cease and be no more and Satan will have prevented God from speaking and being heard? Not so...it is written in the Heavens and is “not bound”. Man can’t prevent The word of God...even if they take the Bible from the children. It has already been written.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Our only source for the word today is the Bible.
This is the separation from the flesh

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible being alive or dead is not based on the individual.

Revisiting. Talked to my husband about the point you made and how I could relay what I’m trying to say. The Holy Spirit has to be there. So it is not based on the individual but at the same time it is in the Holy Spirit has to be there in the individual since the word of God is Spiritually discerned.

Numbers 14:23-24
[23] Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it: [24] But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make a good point. You said it is not based on the individual. The message is the same and I was about to fully agree. Question: Does one whom is not born of God from above inherit the Spiritual promises? Is the sword double edged? Either death or Life?

Which Word is spoken of in Psalm 12:6
[6] The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

The Bible man prints or the Son?

Proverbs 30:4-5
[4] Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? [5] Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

I don’t disagree with you that the word of God is Life. But there was a time when Life was Hidden in the word and I could Not see it. At that time I prayed for the only things I knew which were superficial and my thoughts were the same. I agree with you that I would not know any other way without continuing in the Word and being “transformed by the renewing of your mind” ...

what happens though: if men gather all the Bible’s and burn them ...will the Bible’s being burned out A stop to God leading His children since all the Bibles have been burned? Is that all Satan has to do to end the gospel and children being born from above...all Satan has to do is convince man to burn the Bible’s and “it is written” will cease and be no more and Satan will have prevented God from speaking and being heard? Not so...it is written in the Heavens and is “not bound”. Man can’t prevent The word of God...even if they take the Bible from the children. It has already been written.
It has already been written.
On the heart

Reactions: VictoryinJesus