The false premise of Universalism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
honestly, more and more I’m beginning to see what others find worthy of admiration is becoming less admirable.
God's Word says that what men hold in esteem (what men honor as good or great), God calls an abomination.

======================================================================
understood and good points. Was only reflecting on being partial and His saying we are partial and then how is it then we become the judge of evil thoughts?
Where did you get the idea of judging evil THOUGHTS ? Is that in Scripture anywhere at all ?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word says that what men hold in esteem (what men honor as good or great), God calls an abomination.

======================================================================

Where did you get the idea of judging evil THOUGHTS ? Is that in Scripture anywhere at all ?

Not sure what you are asking but where the idea came from (right or wrong in interpretation) was James 2:1-8 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. [2] For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; [3] And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: [4] Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts? [5] Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? [6] But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats? [7] Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called? [8] If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Are you not then partial in yourselves, and are become the judges of evil thoughts? Matthew 7:3-5 Comes to mind ‘And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? [4] Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? [5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.’

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
Mis-translated word there - thus the confusion and error:
(like other posters have made also, many in the last week, but they do not post their source/text, so it remains hidden and their errors increase daily)

New International Version
have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

New Living Translation
doesn’t this discrimination show that your judgments are guided by evil motives?

English Standard Version
have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

ilovejcsog

Nov 3, 2020
phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that they don't believe in hell fire and damnation which is all through the bible is a big warning for me. They have strayed away from the word of God and are making their own beliefs. They have gone to the dark side as far as I am concerned. When you start deleting from the bible or adding to, RUN.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that they don't believe in hell fire and damnation which is all through the bible is a big warning for me. They have strayed away from the word of God and are making their own beliefs. They have gone to the dark side as far as I am concerned. When you start deleting from the bible or adding to, RUN.

Ah, reviving an old one. From what I have always understood about, at least the "Unitarian Universalists" is that they basically create their own God. Crazy beliefs out there. See, this allows them to call good evil and evil good because, well...their God say's it's just fine.
:(

ilovejcsog

Nov 3, 2020
phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, reviving an old one. From what I have always understood about, at least the "Unitarian Universalists" is that they basically create their own God. Crazy beliefs out there. See, this allows them to call good evil and evil good because, well...their God say's it's just fine.
:(
;

ilovejcsog

Nov 3, 2020
phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not familiar with the "Unitarian Universalists", on another forum they maintain our God is theirs but I agree with you. I would even say that they set themselves up as Gods wanting to be superior and even above those around them. It seems to me they have no love for God. They really disturb me, always campaigning for new recruits.

Reactions: lforrest

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I dare anyone to try and defend the UU church.

ilovejcsog

Nov 3, 2020
phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dare anyone to try and defend the UU church.
I wish those UU's were here so you could challenge them. They put up some convincing points to their beliefs, sucking the innocent in. That concerns me, all the souls they maybe taking with them. One of their so many threads was shut down last night and that was wonderful in my view.