Can 'we see' The Fellowship Of The Mystery?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friends, A Very Warm Welcome to this kind and respectful discussion that @marks and I
are going to have about:

"And to make all men see what is The Fellowship Of The Mystery, Which from the beginning​
of the world hath Been Hid In God, Who Created all things By Jesus Christ:" (Ephesians 3:9)​
My first thought would be: Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How?

What is This? Is it a New Commandment Given By God, considering the context of the preceding verse:

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is This Grace Given, that​
I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable Riches of Christ;"​
Did God Give Paul "A New and Different Message Concerning The Body Of Christ,
Than "that which He Gave the twelve apostles" Concerning Israel?

I believe so, because "The Unsearchable Riches Of The Revelation Of The Mystery" were
Unsearchable (Untrackable [? is that a word? ], or Untraceable [ Hid In God? ] In The OT),
Correct?

Your kind and respectful thoughts about this - What "do you see"?

Amen.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV
1) For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
2) If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3) How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4) Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6) That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7) Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8) Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9) And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10) To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11) According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
12) In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

A dispensation was given to Paul toward the Gentiles, God having revealed to him this mystery - something that can only be known by revelation - that the Gentiles would be fellowheirs

Ephesians 2:12 KJV
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

fellowheirs with Israel.

This mystery was hid in God from the beginning of the world, so that now (then), God's wisdom would be known by the celestial powers through the church.

Paul wants everyone to see what is the fellowship of the mystery, our common sharing.

Paul wrote of koinonia in different setting, the fellowship of giving, the fellowship of suffering, the fellowship of serving. When we give we are united with the recipient. When we join with others in giving we are united with them. When we suffer, we are united with others who suffer.

Here, there is a fellowship of the mystery.

Much love!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:9 KJV
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

"make all men see"

Make see is translated from photisai, which is from photidzo, to shine a light, to brighten, illuminate, enlighten.

To enlighten all men what is the fellowship of the mystery.

So then the question, what is the fellowship of the mystery?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A parallel passage:

Colossians 1:25-29 KJV
25) Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
26) Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27) To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28) Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
29) Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Much love!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the Great question - a related passage may help with More Light?:

"God Is Faithful, By Whom ye were Called Unto The fellowship Of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord."​
(1 Corinthians 1:9)​
What think ye? Defining this fellowship first will then perchance:

"enlighten all men what is the fellowship of the mystery."?​

Reactions: marks

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Fellowship of the mystery of Gods word..

Understanding the word of God via his Spirit...I find that an exciting mystery as he speaks to me through his word...His Spirit speaks to my spirit.....now that is a mystery....an amazing mystery...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the Great question - a related passage may help with More Light?:

"God Is Faithful, By Whom ye were Called Unto The fellowship Of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord."​
(1 Corinthians 1:9)​
What think ye? Defining this fellowship first will then perchance:

"enlighten all men what is the fellowship of the mystery."?​
The same Spirit Who makes us one, this is what I'm thinking.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:9 KJV
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

"make all men see"

Make see is translated from photisai, which is from photidzo, to shine a light, to brighten, illuminate, enlighten.

To enlighten all men what is the fellowship of the mystery.

Much love!
THE PREACHING OF THE GOSPEL OF KING JESUS CHRIST . yep .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Commentary.

God has revealed the mystery of His will to His saints!

The Bible unveils a great mystery. Paul proclaimed “the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints” (Colossians 1:25, 26).

The mystery, revealed in the Bible, is described in various ways: the mystery of God (Colossians 2:2; Revelation 10:7), the mystery of His will (Ephesians 1:9), the mystery of Christ (Ephesians 3:4; Colossians 4:3), the mystery of the kingdom of God (Mark 4:11), the mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 6:19), the mystery of the faith (1 Timothy 3:9), and the mystery of godliness (1 Timothy 3:16).

In the Bible, a mystery is a hidden truth that can be known only by revelation.

God has revealed mysteries to man.

Daniel declared: “He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. He reveals deep and secret things” (Daniel 2:21, 22).

God has revealed His mysteries to enable man to do His will: “The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law” (Deuteronomy 29:29).

These mysteries are not understood by all.

“In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, ‘I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight’” (Luke 10:21).

“And the disciples came and said to Him, ‘Why do You speak to them in parables?’ He answered and said to them, ‘Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand’” (Matthew 13:10-13).

Why do some fail to understand?

Although man’s ears cannot be closed physically, they can be switched off. Zechariah said of God’s rebellious people: “They refused to heed, shrugged their shoulders, and stopped their ears so that they could not hear. Yes, they made their hearts like flint, refusing to hear the law and the words which the LORD of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets” (Zechariah 7:11, 12).

God instructed His people for their good, “Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward” (Jeremiah 7:24). God’s word is keyed to those who “incline their ear,” to those who are eager to learn.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: Can we see "The fellowship Of The Mystery"?

Just to clarify, for this discussion, this Particular 'Mystery' Is The One "Revealed To
One apostle, Paul, For us, today, The One Body Of Christ, Under Grace":

"Now to Him that is of power to stablish you According to my Gospel, and​
the preaching of Jesus Christ, According to The Revelation Of The Mystery,​
which was kept secret since the world began," (Romans 16:25)​
This One Mystery [ which Does include other 'mysteries' within Context ] was:

"The Mystery, Which from the beginning of the world Hath Been Hid In God..."​

"The Mystery Which Hath Been Hid from ages and from generations,​
But Now [ with Paul ] Is Made Manifest to His saints" (Colossians 1:26)​

and is Not to be confused with, But:

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ!” (online):

The other 'mysteries' that were Already previously revealed in God's Other Context and
program of prophecy / covenants / law, given to twelve apostles, for the twelve tribes of
Israel, for other ages:

mystery / mysteries of the kingdom (Mat_13:11; Luk_8:10; Mrk 4:11)
+
mystery of the seven stars (Rev_1:20)
+
mystery of God (Rev_10:7)
+
mystery of the woman (Rev 17:7)

Precious friends:
Please kindly note: we know we Grace saints can learn from these prophetic 'mysteries' for Israel,
but please do not 'derail' this particular thread, but please start a New thread for kind and respectful
discussion [ with prophecy 'experts'? ] of these other 'prophetic' mysteries. Thanks So Much.
------------------------

@marks [ Mystery/Grace 'expert'? ], appreciate your help thus far, now back to defining
"fellowship
with Jesus Christ,' and perchance defining our thread topic for The Body Of Christ,
In today's Dispensation Of The Grace Of God:

"Can we [ The Body Of Christ, Under Grace ] see The Fellowship Of The Mystery?"

To me, This Is Very Important, and Concerning, as Apparently, some are "not seeing it yet,"
else, why The God-Given Commission / Command to "...make all men see" It?

What think ye?:
The same Spirit Who makes us one, this is what I'm thinking.
Would that be "The One Holy Spirit" In:

"For By One Spirit are we all Baptized into One Body, whether we be Jews​
or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink​
into One Spirit." (1 Corinthians 12:13)?​
Grace and Peace...

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...defining "fellowship with Jesus Christ,' and perchance defining our thread topic for The Body Of Christ,
In today's Dispensation Of The Grace Of God:
? How about these? For fellowship With Christ?

reading about Him to get to know Him Better
pray to Him
"study His Word of Truth, Rightly Divided" for Approval
walk in The Spirit
run The Grace race
put on The Full Armour Of God to "stand in the spiritual warfare"
glory in tribulations For "The Power Of Christ to rest on us"
love thy neighbor

Any additions?

Grace And Peace...

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did God Give Paul "A New and Different Message Concerning The Body Of Christ,
Than "that which He Gave the twelve apostles" Concerning Israel?

The message is much the same and yet different to each in application, "to the Jew first and also to the Greek (gentile)." Romans 2:10

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For fellowship With Christ?

reading about Him to get to know Him Better || pray to Him
"study His Word of Truth, Rightly Divided" for Approval || walk in The Spirit
put on The Full Armour Of God to "stand in the spiritual warfare" || run The Grace race
glory in tribulations For "The Power Of Christ to rest on us" || love thy neighbor
Now, since no "new additions," continuing with:

"make all [ Saved ] men see The Fellowship Of The Mystery?"

Can we apply these borrowed from "Fellowship With Christ?

reading about It to get to know It Better

"study His Word of Truth, Rightly Divided" for Approval:

Carefully Comparing It { Which Before Was Secret } with:​
"what was made known Before It" [ to Avoid confusing The Two ]​

Apply / obey God's "commandments" found therein:
Especially:​

"preaching Jesus Christ, According to It [ The Revelation Of The Mystery! ]"​
(Romans 16:25)​
As opposed to confusing It with "the preaching of prophecy" (Things That Differ!)​

pray for Spiritual Guidance For:
to shine a light, to brighten, illuminate, enlighten.
...in order to Clearly see It?

Then:

"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto​
with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may​
be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known The Mystery of​
The Gospel" (Ephesians 6:18-19)​

So that "All men may see It!" Amen.
-------------
tag: precious @marks, appreciate all your great participation in this kind and respectful discussion...

Grace And Peace...

Last edited: