The Flawed Reasoning Of Total Depravity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright, guys, scripture scripture scripture. That can get you a little ways. Then there's paid theologians for thousands of years making beautiful Tapestries FROM the Scripture like how Revelation wraps a Closing around from the Beginning's Tree of Life and Knowledge, and Man's Wrong choice, and the Finale is a Tree of Life, and that weaving a Tapestry. Sure! You can go find a sequence that seems contradictory. That's great. That's pre-school. That's shoving pages in people's faces. I've read the Favorite Chapters of the Calvinist Churches. You know, I've wondered, if President Andrew Jackson is illiterate, well, somebody, like his favorite theologian and went and wrote his inaugural addresses that said may God override me. So, is God going to literally just Make the Choices in that Relationship to that President? God just overwrites the veto Power. Separation of Church and State,sure, I'm a Church-zombie, however, have a nice election. Mitt Romney. Depravity from Calvin if I summarize, doesn't seem clear to this thread, God chose good, you can't choose good by yourself, not whatsoever, not saving babies from oncoming trains, not in anything, you're not in charge of good, there you go.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:eek::oops:Eeeeccchhhkkk
.He posted that???:rolleyes::oops:
Desperate enough to give His only begotten Son which He loves above all the rest of us.

But, you’d give your firstborn to save the life of a rapist terrorist, right? Romans 5:7-8 doesn’t apply to you, right?

Verse 6 says He died for the unGodly aka EVERYBODY.

That’s not desperation but love.

Reactions: Laish

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do those that reject the gospel have eternal life?

John 3:16
John 5:2
John 10:7-9
John 14:6
Acts of the Apostles 4:12
Ok but why do some reject and others not ?
Besides the fact one turned to God and the other didn’t what allows one to make the right and good choice and the other continues in their sin and makes the wrong choice?
Blessings
Bill

Last edited:

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's easy Laish. Ashley Wilkes is Pure Genuine Gentleman. And, if Rhett Butler were John the Baptist there, he wouldn't be fit to hold his sandles. Ashley just loves those women always, and Rhett Butler spends the whole movie trying to take advantage, threaten, take them to the dark firey red places and got her little Bonnie killed. Now, I don't care if they got married, no sir.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not desperation but love.

des·per·ate /ˈdesp(ə)rət/
adjective: (of a person): "having a great need or desire for something."

SovereignGrace, does God have a great desire to save lost men?
  • The great desire of the prodigal's father toward his son compelled him to do two things: watch daily and intently for him, and throw dignity out the window when he finally saw him (rich men never get in a hurry for anyone)
  • The great desire of Jesus to save Jerusalem and the people compelled Him to weep over it.
  • The Rich Man sent servant after servant after servant to his vineyard, and then finally his son to convince them of their error.
  • The desire in God's pleading towards the wicked is plainly evident: "Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?"

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heya, Douchebags. Believe Jesus, I want Nicea Back already. Istanbul, Not, Constantinople.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D...but not :oops:
All in good fun. We had a guy in our crew named Gerry who was a little on the short side so one of us stacked three Yellow Pages books in front of the kiddie urinal in the bathroom and hung a sign "reserved for Gerry L".

Unibomber always had on sunglasses and a hoodie.

Shar-pei looked like he left his uniform shirts rolled up under the seat of his truck just before pulling it on every morning.

Scoobie Doo was this guy who had this giant grin and teeth that looked like he could eat corn on the cob through a chain link fence.

I was "Funk Soul Mutha" cause during the cold months I used to wear a bomber jacket with short sleeves and they said I looked like the "Mother" guy in "Full Metal Jacket".

The best thing to do is just laugh cause if you got mad, man, did we make you pay! :p

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All in good fun. We had a guy in our crew named Gerry who was a little on the short side so one of us stacked three Yellow Pages books in front of the kiddie urinal in the bathroom and hung a sign "reserved for Gerry L".

Unibomber always had on sunglasses and a hoodie.

Shar-pei looked like he left his uniform shirts rolled up under the seat of his truck just before pulling it on every morning.

Scoobie Doo was this guy who had this giant grin and teeth that looked like he could eat corn on the cob through a chain link fence.

I was "Funk Soul Mutha" cause during the cold months I used to wear a bomber jacket with short sleeves and they said I looked like the "Mother" guy in "Full Metal Jacket".

The best thing to do is just laugh cause if you got mad, man, did we make you pay! :p

Oh I agree, laughter is edifying! I crack my own self up sometimes and just laugh by myself...hahaha...mostly when I think of certain things that happened and were, to me, hilarious. Silly stuff.
My favorite was the "Shar-pei" one :D

Reactions: Phoneman777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I agree, laughter is edifying! I crack my own self up sometimes and just laugh by myself...hahaha...mostly when I think of certain things that happened and were, to me, hilarious. Silly stuff.
My favorite was the "Shar-pei" one :D
Shar-pei was somewhat of a ladies man. Whenever he got a new girlfriend, he would weight her and tell her if she gained more than 10 pounds, they were through. What a jerk!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shar-pei was somewhat of a ladies man. Whenever he got a new girlfriend, he would weight her and tell her if she gained more than 10 pounds, they were through. What a jerk!

Oh boy, takes all kinds!
I am thinking this is why he is somewhat a ladies man -> he kept getting new girlfriends :D

Reactions: Phoneman777

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok but why do some reject and others not ?
Besides the fact one turned to God and the other didn’t what allows one to make the right and good choice and the other continues in their sin and makes the wrong choice?
Blessings
Bill

Idk.

Reactions: Laish

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get the need, worthiness, compulsion for reverence, trust me.

The word “worship” itself is derived from that which means “worthy”.

But, was Jacob irreverent when he refused to let of God until He blessed him? If their was one iota of presumption in Jacob’s voice, you can be sure God would have smote him with thermal nuclear smote for his error.

But God knew Jacob’s heart: God brought Jacob to his breaking point and caused him to realize the one to Whom he clung was the only One who could change his name (character) from “deceiver” to “overcomer” and to let go of Him would mean losing all hope for this life and for eternity.

If you doubt God is desperate to save lost men, just look at the Cross - see the CREATOR dying to save those for whom there can never be any other hope but Him.
Phoneman,
Thanks for your response it helps clarify things a bit.

Here is where I am coming from to help clarify my reaction to your posts.

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:

13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

God accomplishes all he purposes to do. He saves everyone He intends to save, not one will be lost.

Romans 5 is spoken about the saved, not the unsaved.