The folly of Preterism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you've got it. I stopped bothering with them long ago.

Now this is excellent. It's so simple, which makes it perfect. So many times I see how we all get caught up in complicated arguments, and the Lo and Behold, one simple Scripture ends the whole debate. It's like arguing with created christ believers on and on, until I realize the Word was God ends the argument.

It's the same here. By using the single meaning of a word of prophecy for expired, you show the millennial reign must be physically literal. And then tying it to the cross makes it even more real.

What you are showing is something so simple, that it has been staring us in the face all this time: The millennial reign of Christ cannot possibly be His current spiritual reign, because the millennial reign expires. It's not about all the side arguments, but simply the fact that God says it will one day end.

His current spiritual reign and everlasting kingdom cannot ever expire. And by showing how telos can only be used as literal, then expire cannot be symbolized into something eternal, or 'eternally expiring', of some other such nonsense.

Therefore, amils are saying Christ's spiritual everlasting kingdom will expire. They can make a thousand years last however long they want, but they cannot make it last forever, because for prophecy of Scripture to be true, it must one day literally come to an end.

Only a physical reign of Christ on this earth can expire, and even as His physical work on the cross is finished.

Good job.

LOL. Yes. Because Premils have no answer to the Book. That is why so many are abandoning it today. It is totally uncorroborated.

Premil engagement typically goes like this:

Phase 1 is avoidance of the obvious.
Phase 2 is insults and ad-hominem.
Phase 3 is running. That is because they have no answer for the truth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died in the cross what makes people think they are gonna skip out on not dying today.

Your soul leaves your body being rose again in the spiritual realm.

If a person is in search for this world to have a heavenly kingdom literally upon it ; they missed what Jesus said about his kingdom not being of this world, in my opinion.

The kingdom of God does reign in the hearts of believers for a heavenly hope and expectation.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha. What a silly remark. It is true I do believe in faith, of what Jesus promised to do and what God promised to do. It’s not that I see myself as better than others; there is no way I am better than anyone in the world being a sinner in need of Christ myself and it is rare you will run across someone who will straight up tell you what they believe to be true but that doesn’t mean they are any better than the next person. It’s rare to find someone who beliefs in the victory of Christ reigning completely true in their lives today in that faith, and regard.

It’s good for people to get to know God and his son, and should be encouraged to do such things as doing those two things is what produces spiritual fruit by growing, learning and knowing about them. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the reading and study of the word.

Are you a Roman Catholic?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a Roman Catholic?
No.

I’m an undereducated high school drop out with a Ged. Been in an out of different church’s in life and don’t care much for going anymore.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all you can bring to the table - avoidance of all the holes in your theology.
You still never answered my two questions I asked you about. So does it really matter to you, if I don’t answer?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

I’m an undereducated high school drop out with a Ged. Been in an out of different church’s in life and don’t care much for going anymore.

What church do you attend?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. Yes. Because Premils have no answer to the Book. That is why so many are abandoning it today. It is totally uncorroborated.

Premil engagement typically goes like this:

Phase 1 is avoidance of the obvious.
Phase 2 is insults and ad-hominem.
Phase 3 is running. That is because they have no answer for the truth.
They disagree with preterism, also, but for some reason they say nothing about that in this thread even though it was created with the intention of refuting preterism. Go figure.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cult. This is a school program though it’s not a church. Christian ultra-libertarians for truth this is is not a political stand point either it’s all based on Christ and freedom @WPM.

Doesn’t matter to me now.

Are you serious? What are you on?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you serious? What are you on?
What about you, were you brought up by your mom and dad in church? Where do you frequently go to church and attend since it seems you are trying to become friendly with me with all these questions and consideration.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They disagree with preterism, also, but for some reason they say nothing about that in this thread even though it was created with the intention of refuting preterism. Go figure.

The only thing that is a threat to them is Amil. They could not care less about cutting across the Full Preterist heretics. Only Amils feel that urge. They cannot do anything with that. That is why they are fixated with maligning Amils. If they cannot attack the message they must attack the messenger.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cult. This is a school program though it’s not a church. Christian ultra-libertarians for truth this is is not a political stand point either it’s all based on Christ and freedom @WPM.
What in the world....did you learn your full preterist beliefs there?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about you, were you brought up by your mom and dad in church? Where do you frequently go to church and attend since it seems you are trying to become friendly with me with all these questions and consideration.

I am not trying to befriend brainwashed heretics. You must be getting me mixed up with someone else.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A comment from someone who took time to inspect and analyze what was written.

LMarc
5.0 out of 5 starsVerified Purchase
Did Jesus do what He said He would do?
Reviewed in the United States on November 2, 2013
The dilemma in Christianity is that Jesus told his followers that he would come back while they were still living. With this understanding, there are three options:
1. Consider Jesus mistaken/wrong. Many scholars (who understand the ramifications) and some Christians (who probably don't understand the ramifications) take this view
2. Consider Jesus statement to be true (because everything Jesus teaches is true)
3. Have a preconceived idea of what His coming would be like and assume that there is no way Jesus could have returned (in spite of the fact that he said he would). Therefore, the best response is to re-interpret various scriptural passages to make change their meanings. And say irrational things like quickly doesn't really mean quickly.

Author Glenn Hill is very passionate and honest as he explains how he came to the conclusion that Jesus did what He said He would do. After preaching the popular eschatology view (Jesus is coming in the future) for most of his years, Mr. Hill was motivated to write this book hoping to correct his past teaching. The forward is given by Preterist apologist Don K Preston. Mr. Hill rightly discusses the great embarrassment to Christianity as generation after generation, and even many modern "prophets" confidently proclaim that Jesus is coming, but it doesn't happen. And, he points to many scriptural proofs that clearly say when Jesus would return. Hill proposes a "who, what, where, when, and why" approach to scriptural passages and here is a summary of the chapters:
1. Do these gospel passages provide the timing for the return? Matt 23:36-24:35, Matt 16:27-28, John 21:21-23, Matt 26:64, Matt 10:23
2. When does the book of Revelation say Jesus would return?
3. Passages containing the "last days"
4. "End of the world" passages
5. The Judgment
6. When did the Apostles say Jesus was coming? Peter, Paul, John
7. Other characters in the Bible: James, and author of Hebrews
8. When does the bible say the coming was imminent?

In chapter 9, there is a handy chart showing the time from AD 30 to AD69 and the scriptures that may apply. Towards the end of the book, there is an excellent closing summary of the arguments (wish all books had this). At the end, Mr. Hill thanks those who have read his work.

This book is 225 pages, and a 7 x 10 format.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it a literal day or a literal thousand years?
You can call it what you wish about a matter of time, but the word telos means it will literally end.

The word telos is a definitive word having to do with physical endings only. There is nothing

It's neither, thousand years is simply explaining that their isn't earthly time in the Lord's eternal spiritual realm
Then you teach the Lord's eternal spiritual realm will expire and literally end.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison.

His Millennial reign will literally end, even as His time on the cross was finished.