The GENDER Issue again :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And with that, you are not only against the scriptures, but against Paul, and against Peter who confirmed him, and against Christ who chose and sent them. There are names given for that, but I invoke none. You have spoken for yourself.
Go howl at the moon. You've been "trapped" in your own words already. That's how you catch a wolf in sheep's clothing.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pardon me! I responded as I thought best. I will now remove all my posts.
Take your toys and go home if you want, but you have missed the point.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Take your toys and go home if you want, but you have missed the point.
You are very rude seeing as you are supposed to be a Christian brother.

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another word for the Holy Spirit is Paraclete which is an athletic term and means somebody who runs along side of you spurring you on and supporting you in your race. And both husband and wife should be this for each other just as the Holy Spirit plays this role in our Christian lives.
Agree, sorry, I thought you were somehow spiritualizing females into a different role.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Christ we become One--that was His prayer. If it were not so, Jesus would never be God either (for they are One also).
To all the saints present, take note of this statement. Mr scottA is saying in this comment that if he isn't becoming God, then Jesus isn't God.
If you missed my previous posts, I told him twice that none of us will ever be God .
3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was. 2 Timothy 3 :1-9
You should also take note that he's shutting down female saints who believe the word of God and are giving sound testimony.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then proceed according to this and then ask who is not a liar? Me and you? Who to believe?

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written,.." Rom 3:4

But then also you ask me to show you one person who is sinless as if you must have proof in order to believe.

You among the atheists? They come on this forum at times, and they ask for proof. Do you also need proof? Do you like Thomas insist on putting your fingers into the Master wounds before you believe that it is him?

Where and what then is faith?

If you were to meet a sinless person, how would you recognize him as such, seeing as how your vision is flawless and less perfect than "face to face"?

Show us a sign they ask... and then we will believe!
Nope, I'm saying the Bible says we will not be without sin in this lifetime, I'll go with the Bible not your crazed adding to the Bible.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Agree, sorry, I thought you were somehow spiritualizing females into a different role.
Thank you but apparently according the Scott A I have misunderstood the purpose of the thread.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all the saints present, take note of this statement. Mr scottA is saying in this comment that if he isn't becoming God, then Jesus isn't God.
If you missed my previous posts, I told him twice that none of us will ever be God .
3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was. 2 Timothy 3 :1-9
You can quote and slander me, but leaving out my quote of the apostle Paul proving you wrong, tells all.

Typical.

Slandering me is one thing, but including (or excluding) Paul is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your support. I was very upset.
The unclean attack the truth, but the truth is blessed sister.
This scottA picked up on a comment on the meme dump thread and saw it as an opportunity to sow division and find a following among the unstable. Trust the Lord and the anointing in you.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And those even with the best of intensions of being true and faithful to the word of God, still refer to Paul's commandment for women to be "silent in church" as if that smaller purpose of which Paul spoke was also the greater purpose of God in His word to all generations.

Paul said thus was a commandment from the Lord.

1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Therefore, men and women alike should be silent in church, not speaking their own words, but God's. Period. This is the will of God for the church, for the bride of Christ, that we should make straight the way of the Lord.

If that were so, then why address only the women to be silent and not suffer any to teach nor usurp authority over a man?

1 Timothy 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Why refer to the fall of Adam & Eve? Coud it be that Adam knew better having heard the warning from God directly and not the woman, ad yet he still hearkened unto the woman? Could this be what Paul was referring to as a commandment from the Lord for man to rule over the woman in being responsible to the word of God?

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. 17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Why did Paul stressed the order of things here with Christ as the Head?

1 Corinthians 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

So there are plenty of scriptures to see that this was not Paul's commandment but the commandment from the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.