The GENDER Issue again :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The unclean attack the truth, but the truth is blessed sister.
This scottA picked up on a comment on the meme dump thread and saw it as an opportunity to sow division and find a following among the unstable. Trust the Lord and the anointing in you.
Thank you yes but I should not have let him upset me.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said thus was a commandment from the Lord.

1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

If that were so, then why address only the women to be silent and not suffer any to teach nor usurp authority over a man?

1 Timothy 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Why refer to the fall of Adam & Eve? Coud it be that Adam knew better having heard the warning from God directly and not the woman, ad yet he still hearkened unto the woman? Could this be what Paul was referring to as a commandment from the Lord for man to rule over the woman in being responsible to the word of God?

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. 17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Why did Paul stressed the order of things here with Christ as the Head?

1 Corinthians 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

So there are plenty of scriptures to see that this was not Paul's commandment but the commandment from the Lord.
Don't let ScottA get you riled. Stand in your faith and trust the anointing in you.

Reactions: Christ4Me and Pearl

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can quote and slander me, but leaving out my quote of the apostle Paul proving you wrong, tells all.

Typical.

Slandering me is one thing, but including (or excluding) Paul is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
Says the wolf in sheeps clothing. You've been found out and the saints are rallying.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said thus was a commandment from the Lord.

1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

If that were so, then why address only the women to be silent and not suffer any to teach nor usurp authority over a man?

1 Timothy 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Why refer to the fall of Adam & Eve? Coud it be that Adam knew better having heard the warning from God directly and not the woman, ad yet he still hearkened unto the woman? Could this be what Paul was referring to as a commandment from the Lord for man to rule over the woman in being responsible to the word of God?

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. 17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Why did Paul stressed the order of things here with Christ as the Head?

1 Corinthians 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

So there are plenty of scriptures to see that this was not Paul's commandment but the commandment from the Lord.
None of that which Paul preached and is written is incorrect.

But, just as Paul also said: at face value, the words are "foolishness" to the natural man. To limit the words to that level, is to quench the Holy Spirit. But no, we are to "press on", to receive the "other Helper" sent by Christ "to lead us unto all truth."

The question then becomes, who will "hear what the Spirit says to the churches?"

And it is obvious that some hear have and do respond only to and regarding the natural, and not the Spirit. So be it, so shall it also be measured to them.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that which Paul preached and is written is incorrect.

But, just as Paul also said: at face value, the words are "foolishness" to the natural man. To limit the words to that level, is to quench the Holy Spirit. But no, we are to "press on", to receive the "other Helper" sent by Christ "to lead us unto all truth."

The question then becomes, who will "hear what the Spirit says to the churches?"

And it is obvious that some hear have and do respond only to and regarding the natural, and not the Spirit. So be it, so shall it also be measured to them.

Then the Holy Spirit will not cause a woman to speak in the assembly nor to teach since it is the commandment from the Lord.

The Lord can and has used women in outward ministry, but the Holy Spirit will not manifest tongues in women nor the gift of prophesy for the women to speak in church.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait, what happened???
ScottA started this thread because he spotted an argument in the meme dump thread and my post of Paul's statements about women being silent in the church. (Which I posted as a question to a female saint of questionable maturity,)
He's placed himself as the defender of the oppressed ladies and then went on to argue against scripture. I ran into this crafty fellow before and when confronted with scripture he goes off on this circuitous apologetic about "the greater truth" which apparently only he is aware of. So I told him bluntly that we are meant to be renewed in God's image, but none of us will ever be God. So, he breaks into more circuitous babble about his greater truth, and again I tell him bluntly that none of us will ever be God. His response misappropriated some scripture and he reasoned that if he was not becoming God then Jesus isn't God.
Feel free to go back and read his posts carefully.
I told him outright that if he spoke such things in any of our churches (the saints), he'd be politely ushered out the door and told not to come back. Then he's shutting down any argument that supports the biblical prohibitions taught by Paul and getting abusive with other saints. I won't stand for that.

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScottA started this thread because he spotted an argument in the meme dump thread and my post of Paul's statements about women being silent in the church. (Which I posted as a question to a female saint of questionable maturity,)
He's placed himself as the defender of the oppressed ladies and then went on to argue against scripture. I ran into this crafty fellow before and when confronted with scripture he goes off on this circuitous apologetic about "the greater truth" which apparently only he is aware of. So I told him bluntly that we are meant to be renewed in God's image, but none of us will ever be God. So, he breaks into more circuitous babble about his greater truth, and again I tell him bluntly that none of us will ever be God. His response misappropriated some scripture and he reasoned that if he was not becoming God then Jesus isn't God.
I told him outright that if he spoke such things in any of our churches (the saints), he'd be politely ushered out the door and told not to come back. Then he's shutting down any argument that supports the biblical prohibitions taught by Paul and getting abusive with other saints. I won't stand for that.
Wow, just wow.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Slanderous. Not what my Original Post represents at all.

But then again, anyone can go read it for themselves. Please do.

Status
Not open for further replies.