The GENDER Issue again :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means to be completed in Him. That's actually what the Greek is saying (completed.)

What does this mean? Though we should be complete in Him. Here is Peter's take on what Jesus said.

15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point again is His word that never changes. Cultures change.

Paul wrote down what God said, but not everything Paul, himself, said or wrote was God's words; some things were according to their culture. In Paul's day, women were not allowed to go to school, so they didn't know how to read, nor to study the Torah, the only Scriptures they had. Jewish women didn't cut their hair; prostitutes had shaved heads. Christian women today do not look like today's prostitutes. But we don't look like they did in 35 AD Jerusalem either. They would have never worn a skirt that showed the ankle, let alone calves. Same with sleeves. The point is we shine from within.

God still speaks to me when I wear makeup. He doesn't care about such things, as long as we are modest according to today's standards so as to not appear like today's prostitutes.
We have great liberty in Christ because our sin is forgiven, not because we are sinless.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord. Deuteronomy 8:3
So, do you think you're exempted because you're a woman and not a man. Perhaps you're just forgiven for wearing makeup and jewelry in the church, because it's irrelevant to the teaching and just vanity.

There is a difference between looking presentable, vs gaudy to draw attention in a debase way.

Reactions: Nancy

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call it speculation, but we are to believe what the word says and the word gives us a specific order of Revelation: Adam is created. Adam is given the commandment. Eve is deceived.
You don't believe Eve was deceived? Or is it that you believe that someone can hear God and still be deceived?
I do believe the Word. But you added something that is not there.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have great liberty in Christ because our sin is forgiven, not because we are sinless.

That is what it means. Jesus takes away our sin. How? By removing our carnal nature that produced sin, and replaces it with one that is raised up in Christ's resurrection. Jesus was the firstborn of many brethren. Jesus was sinless, or don't you agree?

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point again is His word that never changes. Cultures change.

Paul wrote down what God said, but not everything Paul, himself, said or wrote was God's words; some things were according to their culture. In Paul's day, women were not allowed to go to school, so they didn't know how to read, nor to study the Torah, the only Scriptures they had. Jewish women didn't cut their hair; prostitutes had shaved heads. Christian women today do not look like today's prostitutes. But we don't look like they did in 35 AD Jerusalem either. They would have never worn a skirt that showed the ankle, let alone calves. Same with sleeves. The point is we shine from within.

God still speaks to me when I wear makeup. He doesn't care about such things, as long as we are modest according to today's standards so as to not appear like today's prostitutes.
Not permitting a woman to teach had NOTHING to do with culture. It had to do with them being the weaker vessel.

Reactions: DuckieLady

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, that's an assumption. Rebellion is willful rejection of authority and all authority is from God. How many people that you know are fully submitted to authority? We rebel quite frequently and thoughtlessly, then when called to task, justify our rebellion by pointing to another's fault.
Eg. :12 Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.” Genesis 3:12
This is sin common to man. Are you offended by this?
Has nothing to do with what I said.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does this mean? Though we should be complete in Him. Here is Peter's take on what Jesus said.

15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”
And what does "holy" mean?
Separate from the world, dedicated to God, sanctified by the word. Nadab and Abihu were holy, separated as priests to the Lord most high, and He struck them dead for failing to keep the ordinance, offering profane fire before the Lord.

10 Then Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, each took his censer and put fire in it, put incense on it, and offered profane fire before the Lord, which He had not commanded them. 2 So fire went out from the Lord and devoured them, and they died before the Lord. 3 And Moses said to Aaron, “This is what the Lord spoke, saying:

‘By those who come near Me
I must be regarded as holy;
And before all the people
I must be glorified.’ ”

Leviticus 10:1-3

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what does "holy" mean?
Separate from the world, dedicated to God, sanctified by the word. Nadab and Abihu were holy, separated as priests to the Lord most high, and He struck them dead for failing to keep the ordinance, offering profane fire before the Lord.

10 Then Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, each took his censer and put fire in it, put incense on it, and offered profane fire before the Lord, which He had not commanded them. 2 So fire went out from the Lord and devoured them, and they died before the Lord. 3 And Moses said to Aaron, “This is what the Lord spoke, saying:

‘By those who come near Me
I must be regarded as holy;
And before all the people
I must be glorified.’ ”

Leviticus 10:1-3

Holy is Goodness like He who is holy.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think this thread was created intending to bait those who are prone to posting debasing remarks against women? Like that which have found their way to posting this far?

The thread title has gender written in capital letters. While the thread is tagged , women.
Not both men and women as gender describes.
Because since its posting the predominant respondent's debase women using the bible as their weapon. And uphold males as superior to us by misrepresenting the same texts.

Nothing gets past you does it! LOL

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between looking presentable, vs gaudy to draw attention in a debase way.
Yes there is, but the biblical exhortation is to restrict your own liberty so as not to cause a weaker brother to stumble. If you make yourself look more attractive for public appearance, it isn't sin, but it could excite lust in a brother (or sister) and cause them to sin. This is innocent in ignorance, loveless in understanding. I don't know Amish theology, but they absolutely take these instructions seriously.
However, there is clearly a lack of love when we use our liberty to slander others for their obedience to God's word?
Is Oceanprayers in rebellion and sin, willful, slanderous, and unrepentant? A simple yes or no will suffice in judgment.
I call on you, a professing saint to answer in truth, a witness for God's adjudication. She has the option of repentance. We all do. But, I see no hint of that, just greater and greater sin in each successive post. What do you say?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong. Read and believe the scripture rather than making up your own definitions.
Holiness is holiness, goodness is goodness. There wouldn't be two different words used by God if they were the same thing.

There are a lot of different words with the same meaning. But holy doesn't mean we sin. That's the point. You disagreed with sinless. Why? Isn't that why Jesus came?

Status
Not open for further replies.