The GENDER Issue again :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've only read one post of hers and she wrote it to me.
Then, I suggest that you read all her posts , just on this short thread, and make a righteous judgment in this matter of church discipline.
Refusing an answer will not absolve her from God's discipline if she indeed knows Him, but submitting to church discipline could spare her flesh (we never know the method of His discipline but we have examples of sudden death for giving false testimony in the story of Ananias and Saphira).
I would rather see her repent and believe the word than have God make an example of her.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read Romans

I have. Do you understand it? I doubt it.
Does Paul not believe this about himself?

Romans 6:

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.

Romans 7:
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 8:
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, I suggest that you read all her posts , just on this short thread, and make a righteous judgment in this matter of church discipline.
Refusing an answer will not absolve her from God's discipline if she indeed knows Him, but submitting to church discipline could spare her flesh (we never know the method of His discipline but we have examples of sudden death for giving false testimony in the story of Ananias and Saphira).
I would rather see her repent and believe the word than have God make an example of her.

I'm not here to judge and look for fault. I am here to teach.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of different words with the same meaning. But holy doesn't mean we sin. That's the point. You disagreed with sinless. Why? Isn't that why Jesus came?
Now you're doing what liars do, claiming that I've said what I haven't said. That's breaking the commandment.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. Exodus 20:16
Are you exempt from this commandment as well?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have. Do you understand it? I doubt it.
Does Paul not believe this about himself?

Romans 6:

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.

Romans 7:
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 8:
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
And yet Paul says he still sins. Hmmmm

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you're doing what liars do, claiming that I've said what I haven't said. That's breaking the commandment.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. Exodus 20:16
Are you exempt from this commandment as well?

I'm responding to this statement of yours.

We have great liberty in Christ because our sin is forgiven, not because we are sinless.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you say, people should not chatter in church. It is not an issue now everyone speaks the same language. The problem was, the women only knew the language of the marketplace.
In the greater eternal context, the point is to only have the Holy Spirit speak, that nothing is ever the teachings of men (or women).

In spiritual translation we can now take it to mean, the Bride should be silent in church.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet Paul says he still sins. Hmmmm
Is Paul to be our example instead of Jesus? Should we strive to arrive at Paul's highest level and stop running our race while we still have remaining to us? How much like Jesus are we? What is the limit for us? It is certainly not in God or His Son, Jesus, is it?

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The brain has no neuroreceptors to sense damage, but all pain is experienced by the brain. God is Spirit and has no physical body other than Jesus and the saints, and Jesus, being fully man could "feel" everything and did (or He couldn't have been tempted in all ways as we are and be perfected as our high priest.)
Adam is identified by scripture as Son of God, but created not Begotten. He is a biblical type of Christ as were Joshua, son of Nun, Samson, and perhaps others, but he didn't foreshadow Christ anymore than Samson or Joshua, because Adam, though created "good", sinned while Jesus always did that which was pleasing to God. No created being could foreshadow the creator, and no type of Christ could be a perfect type after the fall of man and the curses laid upon creation for the sake of man.
Much of that is true, but it is all the revelation of Jesus Christ.

As for men foreshadowing Christ, Solomon is a big one...and even little known, so was Christ-opher Columbus, brought forth by Santa Maria (St. Mary).

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not your judgment to make. And I don't usually fall prey to manipulation.
Nor do you cling to God's word.
6 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? 4 If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? 5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers! 1 Corinthians 6 :1-6
OK, make no righteous judgment according to His word, but do not teach what you do not understand.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She was ignorant of lies.

And that somehow gives her a pass?

1 Timothy 1:13-16 has already been brought up “Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. [14] And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. [15] This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. [16] Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

do you not think the woman being deceived has a part in shewing forth the longsuffering of Christ? How far apart is “deceived” and “ignorant”? Is it random that Paul’s speaking of women being silent in the church (another word for silent is mute) that he touches on ignorance also? 1 Corinthians 14:36-38 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? [37] If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. [38] But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Paul to be our example instead of Jesus? Should we strive to arrive at Paul's highest level and stop running our race while we still have remaining to us? How much like Jesus are we? What is the limit for us? It is certainly not in God or His Son, Jesus, is it?
How does this have anything to do with what I said?

Status
Not open for further replies.