The Gift of Tongues: its General Availability, Purpose, and Power

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,” (Acts 8:18)

“For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end you may be established;” (Romans 1:11)

Those scriptures do not say tongues will pass away.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen
D

Dave L

And what you hear is evidence even though thousands of others hear differently.

You obviously don't know how to produce evidence.
I've been around too many Pentecostals to believe anything they say about the gifts. Scripture nailed it for me.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.” (1 Corinthians 14:4) Why? because knowing what is said edifies.

Nothing in that verse that says tongues are being done away with. You really are clutching at straws to prove the unprovable.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've been around too many Pentecostals to believe anything they say about the gifts. Scripture nailed it for me.

If scripture nails it for you, why can't you produce some that say tongues have been removed.