The Global Flood and the Day of the Lord.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Global Flood and it’s relation to the Day of the Lord.

This discussion is about the Global Flood and the Day of the Lord and how they compare to each other. I created it so as not to derail another thread. It does not mean I desire to endlessly debate this issue. But if others want to talk about this topic, they are of course free to do so here.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it actually is part of the question, because if one does not understand the difference in the type of body for this world, vs. the type for the world to come, per God's Word, then they won't understand 'why' the flesh body dies for this present world.

According to God's Word, our spirit with soul can... be separated from our flesh body. Even in 2 Corinthians 5, Apostle Paul explained that if this flesh body were suddenly dissolved, we still have another body not made with hands (i.e., not flesh), from God, eternal in the heavens. Paul was pointing to the "spiritual body" of 1 Corinthians 15 with that, and body type of the heavenly dimension, what he also called the "image of the heavenly."

I know you don't agree when the "day of the Lord" is, because you have wrongly latched onto a false doctrine of men called a pre-trib rapture theory. Those are the ones 'telling' you when the "day of the Lord" is, but they are not following God's Word on that, so I well know you are 'blindly' following men's doctrines on many Biblical subjects mistaught by them.

And I showed you the 2 Peter 3:10 event that Peter said happens on that "day of the Lord", with God's consuming fire burning all... of man's works off this earth. Common sense ought to tell you that no tribulation can still be going on when that burning fire melts man's works off this earth. And Peter even used the same timing event Paul did, saying that comes "as a thief in the night". Lord Jesus is Who originally gave that "as a thief" timing for the final day of this world, and the day He comes to gather His Church, as per His Olivet discourse.

And since you are determined to listen to 'them', that's why you also wrongly think the body of the world to come is another flesh body, when God's Word shows it is not.

2 Peter 3:5-6 is talking about the global flood involving the narrative of Noah.

5 “For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:”

Context:

2 Peter 2:5-6
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

There is no clear description anywhere in Bible of some old world that Satan reigned in a previous world before Adam and Eve. That’s purely speculation and the imaginations of men.

As for the Day of the Lord:

Again, I believe the “Day of the Lord” is a time period (Which is shown by Scripture). The signs leading up before the start of the Day of the Lord perfectly lines up with the breaking of the breaking of the sixth seal. The seventh seal and or the trumpet judgments begin the Day of the Lord or God’s Wrath. This is a response or answer by the Lord to the the saints in their crying out for vengeance (in the fifth seal) for them just being martyred by the Antichrist in the 4th seal (i.e. death). All the seals are connected and inter-relate to one another.

The Day of the Lord is a period of time beginning with the the seventh seal and or trumpet judgments and ends after this world is purified by fire (similar to how the global flood involving Noah purified this Earth).

So Day of the Lord is…

1. 7th seal - Trumpet Judgments.
2. Bowl judgments - (Which includes Jesus’ Second Coming with Him destroying the nations).
3. The earth being purified by fire.

The signs right before the Day of the Lord is unmistakable.
They line up perfectly with the sixth seal. See the verses here.

I have heard others before make the argument that Jeremiah 4:23-27 is talking about some imaginary world destroyed by Satan before Adam and Eve. However, this is not true (if that is what you believe).
Jeremiah 4:23-27 is referring to what happens after the “Day of the Lord” happens (When the Earth is purified by fire).

The Earth is A Dark & Desolate Wasteland:

Jeremiah 4:23 ERV, Jeremiah 4:24 AMP, Jeremiah 4:25 ERV,
.. Jeremiah 4:26a ISV, Jeremiah 4:26b WEB, Jeremiah 4:27 GWT

“I looked at the earth. It was empty; there was nothing on it. I looked at the sky, and its light was gone. I looked at the mountains, and... they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly to and fro. I looked, but there were no people. All the birds of the sky had flown away. I looked, and the fruitful land had become a desert. All its cities were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger. This is what the LORD says: The whole earth will be ruined, although I will not destroy it completely.”

Why is Jeremiah 4:23-27 after the Day of the Lord?

Jeremiah 46:10a NAS, Jeremiah 46:10b GWT, Jeremiah 46:10c NLT, Jeremiah 46:10d, .. Jeremiah 46:10e NAS, Jeremiah 46:10f, Jeremiah 46:10g NAS

“For that day belongs to the Lord GOD of hosts. It is a day of vengeance when he will take revenge on his enemies. The sword will devour until it is satisfied... and made drunk with their blood. For there will be a... sacrifice... for the Lord GOD of hosts, In the land of the north by the river Euphrates.”

Jeremiah 4:10 above describes the Second Coming of Jesus Christ (Which is a part of time period of the Day of the Lord).

Most who hold to your Eschatology position get tripped up because you take the Olivet Discourse as referring to the 2nd Coming when this is actually referring to the middle of the tribulation (after the Antichrist just killed everyone) and Jesus is only coming for the remaining Elect. When this happens, the world is freaking out because they see Jesus revealing Himself on His throne (As He calls His Elect and lets the world know the Day of the Lord or His great day of Wrath has begun - with the 7th seal - bowl judgments). The Lord is coming…. He is coming for His remaining saints and gathering them. The Second Coming is different because He is returning with His saints down from Heaven (As described in Revelation 19). Big difference in what we see described in the Olivet Discourse.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Global Flood and it’s relation to the Day of the Lord.

This discussion is about the Global Flood and the Day of the Lord and how they compare to each other. I created it so as not to derail another thread. It does not mean I desire to endlessly debate this issue. But if others want to talk about this topic, they are of course free to do so here.

True, in fact Jesus compared that in Mat 24:36-39. They are both judgments from God as well.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy

I noticed you discussed this topic in another thread. I will attempt to open a dialogue there.

Blessings be unto you in the Lord.