The goddess liberty!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You do seem stuck on one or two verses.. I believe you might be a cult all by yourself.
ha, good one :)
there are plenty of other vv in that vein though, fwiw
and i was raised on Death, More Abundantly myself! Not easy to escape either, i guess.

but really, do you think Yah will judge us on our beliefs anyway? Again, there are vv that maybe suggest that i guess, huh. Anyway Renniks, i know suggesting that a big trick is being played on everyone who hopes to become immortal and go up to heaven after death maybe seems farfetched, and i wish i could get a better handle on the naive dialectic deal, specifically so that i might present a better case for ppl just like you, who still seek.

but after all, it was the Roman Centurion who apparently got the highest praise from Christ, right? So i think im being misunderstood there most of the time, i really dont mean condemnation, but the fate of a believer's "afterlife" kind of intrudes there, sort of like it's doing now between us i guess.

so let me say that you might keep an open mind on it, and let evidence present itself as it will? Admittedly We do not yet know what we will become is not as comfortable a perspective in many ways, esp for ppl like us, "developed," raised on facts and proof, but im pretty sure there is a payoff of some sort...wish i could tell you what it was lol.

There might be some further evidence in the believes all things passage by Paul, but it all depends on what one wants to hear, or is ready to hear, i guess? Imo there is nothing wrong with your current set of beliefs though, hope i didnt infer otherwise. Beliefs are subject to change, right?
Oh come on! Jesus taught more about the afterlife than just about anyone in the Bible...he explained hell and paradise.
yes, but to a society that was degenerate, and embracing the new Mithraism, adapted to include women now, that became what we now call the Cult of Sol Invictus. And these were not bad or evil ppl, i dont think, and i suggest "cult" is really not the boogeyman we make it out to be either; or let me say that there is a big diff in the cult of Sol and say Jim Jones or whatever, personality cults

anyway, i dug this one up so that you could Quote some passage to your point, if you like, and maybe we could see

Last edited:

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course if you prefer not to reply, you get to keep believing in DeathMoreAbundantly i guess...so, dont really blame you
Life more abundantly.
I get to keep believing whether I reply or not.
I don't have any reason to join your cult, thanks anyway.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Life more abundantly.
I get to keep believing whether I reply or not.
I don't have any reason to join your cult, thanks anyway.
ok then, best of luck to you ok

call Death More Abundantly life, more abundantly if you like i guess, wont change the truth right

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, "it's like this, it's like that," i get you ok

but we are encouraged to associate that with Cult of Sol beliefs, see, rather than life, more abundantly and the kingdom of heaven is within you. So bam believe in an "afterlife" if you like, and i wish you the best if luck in your quest for immortality, ok? Keep speaking as if you know!
No, Gehenna is not any "symbol of hell," that is patently ridiculous, sorry; the disconnect is obvious, Gehenna is referenced bc it is right here on earth, not in any imaginary "afterlife," as is made obvious when no one actually literally "goes to Gehenna"

but you might contemplate Jesus going along with your overwhelming desire to accept some "eternal" place of torment in order to send you a strong delusion, too, eh? Now you get to "go to heaven" after you have died, right? Even though you cant Quote that anywhere, and i can Quote the exact opposite,
No one has ever gone up to heaven
Is 'hell' ever equal to a place of death? Is anyone dead walking around on planet Earth now? That is to say, 'Are there any dead among us now'? Do we even know what Life really is according to God?

So then is anyone speaking as if they were alive actually in hell already? Lots of questions and so many speak as if they have the correct answers... even though they may have trouble with the supporting quotations. Are some happy to follow their priests or pastors or ministers blindly even their goal may be a ditch?

"...Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:22

What kind of vision do these Pharisees have?

"And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth." John 9:39-41

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov 29:18:

Are there still Pharisees [dead?] among us?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth." John 9:39-41
man, i tried my best to engage the professors here in that discussion, but no one is having it?
Maybe its a revelation that only comes with age or something?

not that i dont understand...the tug of Death More Abundantly is strong, huh

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man, i tried my best to engage the professors here in that discussion, but no one is having it?
Maybe its a revelation that only comes with age or something?

not that i dont understand...the tug of Death More Abundantly is strong, huh
Age, yes, but not so much physical age!

"And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able." I Cor 3:1-2

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Age, yes, but not so much physical age!

"And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able." I Cor 3:1-2
ya i guess Paul can get away with that lol; but we always apply it to "someone else" right

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya i guess Paul can get away with that lol; but we always apply it to "someone else" right
If many here were to meet Paul or someone walking a similar path to the one he walked would they not reject him as well? Remember what Paul said about his own afflictions or wounds or trials...? Were of those applying them perhaps similar to any here?

"Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches" II Cor 11:24-28

No physical blood flowing from physically applied wounds? Perhaps there is little need where so few really manifest a love for God and man even while they claim 'salvation'. There are some dangerously inexperienced children wielding a spiritual sword claiming it to be the Word of God... or so it appears?

"And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them... " Luke 9:54-56