]The Golden Rules Of Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Streetsweeper

Dec 28, 2008
Sydney
That's good. Christ noted that men had misinterpreted scriptures. So we must remember that our interpretation is guided by Christ and the apostles undertsanding.

We accept Christ and the Apostles understanding of the significance of the Old Testament scriptures. We don't try to chop the Bible into confetti such that we can hold to erroneous ancient interpretations among the fragments that fit the instruction of Christ and the apostles given at a later time.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Some proclaim, "All the promises in the Book are mine!" This clearly is not true. For instance, God promised a child to Abraham and Sarah in their old age. This was a specific promise, made to a specific couple, at a specific point in history. One simply can't claim this promise for themselves, context means everything.

I just had this conversation with my father inlaw. We are Abraham's seed. The Bible is about God's will and dealing with Mankind. What God done for one, he will do for you. ALL scripture is for reproff and doctrine, not just the ones people say that don't apply to us. Who gets to pick and choose what God said is not important. He is no respector of persons.

If most the Church World had their way, we need to shorten the bible down to the few pages that do mean something to us.

Jesus Is Lord.