The Good Fight

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. - 2 Timothy 4:7-8.

When we think about a fight. We look at a fight as a battlefield where you forcefully take away from the enemy..But Paul said he fought a good fight. Your battle now is not as on a battlefield. A good fight is take up with the cross. My battle is to see the cross and get cross knowledge working. It does not work out on a battlefield, it works out in mind. The Holy Spirit working out for you (your knowledge and understanding), the cross.

Not a battlefield - but a playing field. Where all life and liberty is lived. You can never see life in a battlefield, life is in a playing field where all life can be worked out and lived accordingly. The prayer is; Lord may the two teams on a playing field do their best.. and may the best team win. No destruction in that. We are not against the world.. we are not against each other.. let them do there best but we are playing in this game - and may the best team win. Paul uses that kind of language, probably because of the Olympics that had started in his day. He used that to look at it as a tool and description as two teams going head to head. He used it in several verses. Like a sport, being exercised - exercising the sences. Run a good race - fight a good fight - run my coarse.

But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. - Hebrews 5:14.

Last edited: