The gospel according to... ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel I was raised in began from a baby... started with meal prayers and mom putting my little hands together to pray. Then a night time bed prayer. So the gospel I began with was what Christ stood up for in Fathers house being a house of prayer. I am very thankful for having parent instruction so young and parents who would answer any questions we had. From there it was growing in the Lord. I started my children that very same way.
Awesome.
Do you have any grandchildren?

]

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have 6 and my 2 sons started their children the same way.
An opportunity for you to build into a fourth consecutive generation.

A mantle of teaching was passed from my father to me.
Like Elijah and Elisha. (with an increase in power)

Have you seen this in your family?
There are many gifts that can be transferred spiritually to offspring.

]

Reactions: Cyd

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

]
That is very interesting what was yours Steven? Yes I would say there was..but in my marriage I was the one raised with faith, but my husband permitted and did the prayers I taught at meal time and would listen to my sons night time soul prayers. It was my daddy who like Jacob prayed and blessed each of our sons at their baptism. My parents believed what you said, but I personally feel it is the man's place to do such. I don't recall any women in scripture doing such.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I'll step in here for a moment to offer what occurred to me while reading this posts:

The "gospel" message is that the Kingdom of Heaven is near. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are books about the man who was born to Yahweh and Mary to become the sacrifice to enact the New Covenant, teach the Apostles, and the agent to proclaim God's message to Israel and to the gentiles.

Two - if we actually studied scripture and let scripture interpret scripture (as we should), we should not fear someone causing us to doubt. A person's view is simply that. If nothing else, those views should be examined in light of scripture (which once again should be interpreted by the rest of scripture.) Nobody can cause me to doubt, because it is not man that makes me believe. I depend on Yahweh for that.

The apparent hostility here makes me think that some here are really weak in their faith and fear being fooled by man. We should not fear what man says, because it is not man we believe - it is God.

• Love

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

]
Steven what I meant with what was your's yes I see teaching... but do you remember the words your dad pronounced over you blessing you?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is very interesting what was yours Steven?
As a young man I was elected as an Elder in my home church.
My father was a Bible teacher. We had a weekly prison ministry Bible study.
At some point my father was taking his winters down south and left me in charge of the Bible study.
(unknowingly gave me a mantle of teaching)

Those others ministering in the Bible study spoke to me about my abilities.
They likened it to Elisha and Elijah. There was an obvious spiritual heritage being passed on to me.
This was many decades ago. When I changed churches, I was put in place to teach adult Sunday School.
I haven't had any Bible college. I am Holy Spirit taught.

Just this week I arrived late for service, having been talking with fine folks in the lobby.
I had to get past a woman prophet in our aisle to sit by my wife.
As I went by she felt a strong anointing fall on the spot where I was.
She told me that I had brought the anointing with me.
I trust her insights and acted upon it.

I made arrangements to join the group that prays for people up front after church service, or whenever.
Since it was observed that I am bringing an anointing with me, we might as well put it to good use.

I have prayed for the sick before and had at least one verified healing as a result.
And several divine appointments. My wife has been encouraging me for years to press into this.
Seems the time has come.

Yes I would say there was..but in my marriage I was the one raised with faith, but my husband permitted and did the prayers I taught at meal time and would listen to my sons night time soul prayers. It was my daddy who like Jacob prayed and blessed each of our sons at their baptism. My parents believed what you said, but I personally feel it is the man's place to do such. I don't recall any women in scripture doing such.
I would encourage you to read this eye-opening white paper on the role of women in ministry. Link below.

The Role of Women in Ministry

]

• Love
Reactions: Cyd

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Steven what I meant with what was your's yes I see teaching... but do you remember the words your dad pronounced over you blessing you?
There was nothing ceremonial about it. He simply handed me the reins knowing that I would handle it.

]

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was nothing ceremonial about it. He simply handed me the reins knowing that I would handle it.

]
I will read the woman site... my daddy did more like Jacob praying a blessing and putting his hands on the heads of my sons. Daddy was a teacher of scriptures and a prayer warrior. Now I do pray as taught in John 17 and pray out in the future bloodlines of our family just as Messiah prayed out in the future for his disciples. So I do pray that for their families. Thanks for the link..will check it out. I love you were taught by the Holy Spirit as I feel the same about my growing in the Lord.

• Love

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apparent hostility here makes me think that some here are really weak in their faith and fear being fooled by man. We should not fear what man says, because it is not man we believe - it is God.
Great post, thanks.
I was struck by this bit quoted above.

I agree there is a fear that motivates the hostility we see here.
Anyone who is mature in their faith should not be intimidated by the views of others.
God works with us as individuals.

Romans 14:4 NET
Who are you to pass judgment on another’s servant?
Before his own master he stands or falls.
And he will stand, for the Lord[a] is able to make him stand.

]

Reactions: Spyder

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would encourage you to read this eye-opening white paper on the role of women in ministry. Link below.

The Role of Women in Ministry

]
Thanks for the link I did read a lot of it and agree with women who are prophets but even they should have a man prophet over them. My parents were Assemblies also and daddy and mom instructed me God has an order the head is a man.. women can teach children and younger women wives, but even that needs overseen by the man. So I got instruction this way and do agree with it. Daddy gave as a reason men should be over women is because they are more spiritually drawn and can be deceived easier than a man... that was why.. Would you agree with daddy or not being a man in teaching?

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit didn't teach you that there's no eternal Hell.
Jack there are many people and the truth is we don't know... but believe just
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

We are told everyones name is in the book of life that you have to be blotted out for your name not to be there... plus we are told every knee will bow and every tongue will confess the Lord.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack there are many people and the truth is we don't know... but believe just
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever
There you go!
We are told everyones name is in the book of life that you have to be blotted out for your name not to be there... plus we are told every knee will bow and every tongue will confess the Lord.
They will for sure, but for BILLIONS it will be too late.

Matthew 25:41
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:41
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
There ya go!! another verse proves what I said... you have to be blotted out not to be in the book of life. Now question, have you asked Father Almighty God not to be blotted out? I have.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There ya go!! another verse proves what I said... you have to be blotted out not to be in the book of life. Now question, have you asked Father Almighty God not to be blotted out? I have.
Hell will be filled with people who don't believe in Hell.

Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:10 And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daddy gave as a reason men should be over women is because they are more spiritually drawn and can be deceived easier than a man... that was why.. Would you agree with daddy or not being a man in teaching?
That is the traditional teaching.
I like the fact the the AoG white paper on women in ministry starts there and then carries it further to challenge stopping short of the whole Bible message on that subject. We are told in some places that women should not lead (for now) but in other places we see the names and ministries of women in leadership. How do we balance these things? There were cultural issues in play as well. Women played a much lesser role in societal leadership back then. I think that had a great bearing on the traditional teaching. Things are different now. Many women have societal and even business leadership roles.

One of the reasons women were told to be silent in church was that men and women were separated in the worship services. The women talking among themselves asking questions was disruptive. They were instructed to be silent in church and ask their husband when they returned home. Unfortunately this has been interpreted that women are not to address the congregation. That was not the reason for the no-talk rule.

]

Reactions: BarneyFife and Cyd

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell will be filled with people who don't believe in Hell.

Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:10 And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
You could be right Jack as I said the truth is!!! We just don't know.. Jesus said in John 17 all that were the Fathers are His.. and all His are the Fathers. It is ok to believe your way there might be a reason... if the truth is we don't know for sure why confess it to be a certain way..? Have you ask the Lord? I believe in a God that all things are possible. Do you?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could be right Jack as I said the truth is!!! We just don't know.. Jesus said in John 17 all that were the Fathers are His.. and all His are the Fathers. It is ok to believe your way there might be a reason... if the truth is we don't know for sure why confess it to be a certain way..? Have you ask the Lord? I believe in a God that all things are possible. Do you?
Fact is, those who tell people there is no eternal Hell fire will blood on their hands on Judgment Day.

Mark 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED!

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is, those who tell people there is no eternal Hell fire will blood on their hands on Judgment Day.

Mark 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED!
The disciples felt the same way, as a matter of fact they didn't think anyone could be saved and ask the Lord who could... His reply was what I said... with God all things are possible. I believe there is a hell and lake of fire... so I am not doubting the word.

Reactions: Jack