The gospel according to... ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The disciples felt the same way, as a matter of fact they didn't think anyone could be saved and ask the Lord who could... His reply was what I said... with God all things are possible. I believe there is a hell and lake of fire... so I am not doubting the word.
And it will contain BILLIONS of people, "forever and ever".

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An opportunity for you to build into a fourth consecutive generation.

A mantle of teaching was passed from my father to me.
Like Elijah and Elisha. (with an increase in power)

Have you seen this in your family?
There are many gifts that can be transferred spiritually to offspring.

]
Sorry got side tracked and didn't answer your question. Yes I see some within my sons.. one son is a drummer in the worship team and was told by the pastor he would be considered an elder.. The other son has a good foundation and continues himself with study and teaching his children he and his wife. I have one grandson already baptized, loves the Lord. The others are doing great re prayer etc.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it will contain BILLIONS of people, "forever and ever".
show me the scripture stating that out of the mouth of God please. John's view in Rev regarding numbers he couldn't count were not those of the lake of fire Jack... just admit the truth is we don't know.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul , matthew , luke , john , james , peter and most of all Christ all preached ONE GOSPEL
Drum roll ......................
THE GOSPEL OF GOD , OF HIS CHRIST JESUS . as far as catholicism , FLEE that
And as always test all things that all men DO teach . PETER and paul TAUGHT THE SAME GOSPEL
James and paul , the same gospel . ITS ONE GOSPLE and one alone and its for both jew and gentile .
JESUS CHRIST . all else is sinking sand . AS is this all inclusive satanic false love go spell from hell . BIBLE TIME
Gospel literally means " good news ". What is the good news ?

the Greek word is where we get our English word from evangelism

euaggelion: good news
Original Word: εὐαγγέλιον, ου, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: euaggelion
Phonetic Spelling: (yoo-ang-ghel'-ee-on)
Definition: good news
Usage: the good news of the coming of the Messiah, the gospel; the gen. after it expresses sometimes the giver (God), sometimes the subject (the Messiah, etc.), sometimes the human transmitter (an apostle).

There is One God
There is One Lord
There is One Sovereign
There is One Master
There is One Faith
There is One Baptism
There is One Jesus
There is only One way to God
There is One Savior

And there is One Gospel

Galatians 1:6
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

So since there is only One God, One Savior, One way to God through Christ, One faith, One baptism and One Gospel- there is only one way to be saved.

Paul defines that Gospel by which we are saved below:

1 Corinthians 15:1-19
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.

Only One way to be saved, by One Person, One Gospel and One Faith. In Him alone. Scripture is really very exclusive here but inclusive to all that come to Him freely!

And Paul received this gospel directly from Christ by personal revelation

Galatians 1:11-12
I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

This gospel is Eternal !

Revelation 14:6
Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Jesus passed on the gospel to His Disciples. Its the same Gospel but Christ had not suffered, died, risen yet. The disciples didn't understand the Passion until after His Resurrection, they were in denial.

Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand…. I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.” — John 13:7,19

After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. John 2:22

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. — Matthew 16:21

Now Jesus was going up to Jerusalem. On the way, he took the Twelve aside and said to them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!” — Matthew 20:17-19

After His Resurrection

He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. — Luke 24:25-27

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.Luke 24:44-45

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continued :

Are you teaching others the one true Gospel ?

Ones salvation depends upon the one true gospel !

The gospel is Christological or Christ centered. The message is about Jesus. So, the question becomes one of identity. Who is Jesus? Let’s see what Scripture declares about the identity of Jesus and the salvation message. We see in the opening of Matthews’s gospel that Jesus is identified as Immanuel which means literally that God is with us. In Luke’s gospel we see that Jesus was born the Savior of the world. In John’s gospel we read that the Word was with God and the Word became flesh. We beheld His Glory. We also read in the same gospel (meaning good news) that God sent His Son to be the Savior. Where did He send Him from? Jesus gives us the answer to the question in John 17:5. He was together with the Father before creation and shared His Glory which is Gods alone. Jesus also tells His followers why do you ask to see the Father? To see Me is to see the Father. The Father and I are One. Basically, He is telling them He is God, you are looking at Him. This is why the Pharisees tried to stone Him on many occasions for claiming to be God (see John 8:56-60)

Also, we see the His Apostles identify Jesus as God. Thomas in John 20:28. Paul in Romans 9:5, Titus 2:13. Peter in 2 Peter 1:1,11. Hebrews 1-2, Jude and John in 1 John 1 and 5:20. Also the entire book of Revelation.

Acts it declares there is no other name given by which men must be saved! Not the name of the Father, not the name of the H.S. but the name of Jesus who represents the Godhead.

So, the gospel is Christ centered and one must know in whom they are placing their faith in to be saved.

Can I place my faith in Paul and be saved?
Can I place my faith in Peter and be saved?
Can I place my faith in Mary and be saved?
Can I place my faith in the pope and be saved?
Can I place my faith in the Holy Spirit and be saved?
Can I place my faith in the Father and be saved?
Can I place my faith in a god and be saved?

The answer to the above is a resounding no according to Scripture. There is no other name by which men must be saved period, end of story.

So, one must know and understand who the gospel is about and what He did for us. He came from heaven as God( the Word was God John 1:1, the Word became flesh John 1:14) to earth as a man to die for the sins of the world. This is the gospel by which men must be saved. He rose from the dead by the power of the Godhead (the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) together raised Jesus the man from the dead.

hope this helps,

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
show me the scripture stating that out of the mouth of God please. John's view in Rev regarding numbers he couldn't count were not those of the lake of fire Jack... just admit the truth is we don't know.
According to Jesus, MT 7 NARROW is the way that leads to life and FEW there be who find it.

Satan has done his work. Again, according to Jesus:

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness,

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a truth to me Jack... so lets drop it.
Can't. Christians need to pull many 'Christians' from the fire.

Jude 1:22-23
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction;
23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't. Christians need to pull many 'Christians' from the fire.

Jude 1:22-23
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction;
23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,
Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

All souls are God's... I pray for all souls.. do you?

Reactions: St. SteVen

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

All souls are God's... I pray for all souls.. do you?
No, just certain ones. Our prayers CANNOT overrule what God's Word says. BILLIONS will burn in Hell "forever and ever". NOTHING can stop it.

Luke 13:23-24
23 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them,
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is correct, that is why when I pray I take to Father His words to plead my case.
We have MANY promises from God, but saving everyone is FAR from being one of them.

Acts 16:31 Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you'll be saved, you and your family!

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continued :

Are you teaching others the one true Gospel ?

Ones salvation depends upon the one true gospel !

The gospel is Christological or Christ centered. The message is about Jesus. So, the question becomes one of identity. Who is Jesus? Let’s see what Scripture declares about the identity of Jesus and the salvation message. We see in the opening of Matthews’s gospel that Jesus is identified as Immanuel which means literally that God is with us. In Luke’s gospel we see that Jesus was born the Savior of the world. In John’s gospel we read that the Word was with God and the Word became flesh. We beheld His Glory. We also read in the same gospel (meaning good news) that God sent His Son to be the Savior. Where did He send Him from? Jesus gives us the answer to the question in John 17:5. He was together with the Father before creation and shared His Glory which is Gods alone. Jesus also tells His followers why do you ask to see the Father? To see Me is to see the Father. The Father and I are One. Basically, He is telling them He is God, you are looking at Him. This is why the Pharisees tried to stone Him on many occasions for claiming to be God (see John 8:56-60)

Also, we see the His Apostles identify Jesus as God. Thomas in John 20:28. Paul in Romans 9:5, Titus 2:13. Peter in 2 Peter 1:1,11. Hebrews 1-2, Jude and John in 1 John 1 and 5:20. Also the entire book of Revelation.

Acts it declares there is no other name given by which men must be saved! Not the name of the Father, not the name of the H.S. but the name of Jesus who represents the Godhead.

So, the gospel is Christ centered and one must know in whom they are placing their faith in to be saved.

Can I place my faith in Paul and be saved?
Can I place my faith in Peter and be saved?
Can I place my faith in Mary and be saved?
Can I place my faith in the pope and be saved?
Can I place my faith in the Holy Spirit and be saved?
Can I place my faith in the Father and be saved?
Can I place my faith in a god and be saved?

The answer to the above is a resounding no according to Scripture. There is no other name by which men must be saved period, end of story.

So, one must know and understand who the gospel is about and what He did for us. He came from heaven as God( the Word was God John 1:1, the Word became flesh John 1:14) to earth as a man to die for the sins of the world. This is the gospel by which men must be saved. He rose from the dead by the power of the Godhead (the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) together raised Jesus the man from the dead.

hope this helps,
and not a one of them asked us to put our faith in them . we can simply trust and know
the letters they left us WERE SPIRIT INSPIRED TRUTH and thus its our meat as is every WORD of the LORD .
Even the very angel told john TWICE not to kneel before him
but to worship GOD and that the SPIRIT of PROPHECY IS THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST . THE TESTMONY OF JESUS CHRIST .
so why the heck are so many falling for this lie of anti christ
which has come cloaked in as though tis the love of GOD , which says that other religoins do serve the same GOD we do .
ITS ALL A LIE and that of anti christ . WHO has come to simply merge the false religoins with christendom to be as one .
BUT the lambs WILL NOT HEAR IT . IT COMETH NOT OF GOD , NOT OF CHRIST and the lambs dont heed that love or that voice .
WE preach the dire need to BELEIVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST and all things HE DID teach n say .
ITS real simple . it truly is . Now hit the trenches cause this war is only getting worse as more and more
the delusion to unite all enters in to take all souls , not in the lambs book of life captive to a lie it calls love
which could not , cannot and will not save them . This is overtaking whole houses , whole churches now
as it has the rest of the false religoins , as it has the education system , the political system .
Many now build in the empire of the dragon to make ready a people and a mindset for ANTI CHRIST . this is not looking good
at all my friend . WE MAKE OUR STAND NOW and no matter the cost WE must persaude men THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST
that ye must beleive on HIM . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, just certain ones. Our prayers CANNOT overrule what God's Word says. BILLIONS will burn in Hell "forever and ever". NOTHING can stop it.

Luke 13:23-24
23 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them,
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
Jesus prayed something once , long ago in the garden . something that would shock this generation to the core .
AND JESUS DID desire life and not death for the peoples .
But watch what he prayed . I PRAY NOT FOR THE WORLD but for these whom thou has given me
and he later says and for all who will come to me through their word . Read the gospel of JOHN .
NOW we do not know who is gonna come or not come . I do pray for people to repent and come
but in the end all who rejected HIM are gonna burn in that lake of fire .
And once a soul has departed this earth , ITS TOO LATE To pray for them .
I cannot pray one person out of hells fire anymore than one can pray a believer into hells fire .
ONCE ITS DONE ITS DONE . the prayer for the dead is VAIN and USELESS .
just as is these prayers to mary and to saints long gone , to angels or etc .
ITS ALL IN VAIN . As i am quite sure you already know .
SO i leave us with these words . TO any and to all who is trapped in bondage in the house of a harlot
GET THE HECK OUT OF IT , partake not of her sins or you will RECIEVE the plagues GOD WILL SEND AGAINST HER .
And to any and to all who are contemplating having unity with her
having unity with her ecuminical call , DONT . COME NOT NEAR HER DOOR . its a death sentence
that shall lead only to the second death .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many gospels are there?

The gospel according to... Matthew
The gospel according to... Mark
The gospel according to... Luke
The gospel according to... John
The gospel according to... Paul

The gospel according to...Catholicism
The gospel according to...Protestantism
The gospel according to...Each denomination (x 1,000s)
The gospel according to...You ???

What's your story?
The gospel according to...You.

Luke 1:1-4
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled[a] among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
The Gospel according to the Christian Bible that you reject.

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
The gospel of Jesus was spoken at first. Taught by his followers who journeyed from town to town in the Great Commission appointed them.

Those receiving this good news were not as apt to be literate as people today. News traveled by word of mouth.

Knowing this what are the gospels in today's printed form are referenced in accordance with that factor. The oral tradition that preceded the written anonymous copies likely are attributed to scribes rather than actual apostle names that reflect not the Hebrew type.

The gospels are versions of what transpired. No one thought to keep a running account of Jesus' teachings as he spoke them.

I think that is why we are told to test what we hear taught regarding his message. And that we shall know that truth when we hear it. And that then shall set us free.

The letter of the law condemned unto death. The spirit of the law redeems.

Reactions: St. SteVen

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a truth to me Jack... so lets drop it.
when we read about this great number in revelation let us always remember something
THEY BELIEVED
IN JESUS CHRIST . never let the leaders try and fool us into this web of inclusion
which lies to the masses and giveth out a false hope that somehow GOOD muslims , GOOD atheists
GOOD etc were saved . Because take a peek at that word again .
THEY often say DONT JUDGE , there are GOOD people in every religoin .
TO which i say , YOU GO and SHOW ME ONE PERSON who IS GOOD
and i will continue to PREACH THE DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON HE WHO WAS AND IS GOOD , JESUS CHRIST .
man cannot save himself . ONLY WITH GOD is this possible
and GOD pre determined LONG ago that to be saved , BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST .
now that was what GOD pre determined . SO its real simple
its high time the churches get off this bandwagon of offering up some false hope
and start OFFERING UP THE ONLY HOPE . WHICH IS BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST
and always remember THAT JESUS CHRIST IS NOT the ministir of any sin .
SO if our jesus was holding hundred dollar bills and preaching non stop about money , health n wealth
WELL IT WASNT JESUS WE CAME TO OR LOVED
IF our JESUS was holding a koran or any other religions book , IT WASNT JESUS we came too
IF our JESUS was holding a rainbow , THE WRONG RAINBOW , it was not JESUS we came too .
just some friendly reminders to all .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its real simple really . IF OUR Image of GOD and of HIS CHRIST
contradicts the TRUTH in scripture . GUESS WHO IT AINT COMING FROM . GOD OR HIS CHIRST OR HIS SPIRIT
now how simple is that . Lets return to the reminders in the bible and let that be the book we feast upon for our learning .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have MANY promises from God, but saving everyone is FAR from being one of them.

Acts 16:31 Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you'll be saved, you and your family!
as you can see my friend , many are now beginning to offer up a hope which is false and cometh of anti christ .
IT denies the DIRE need to BELIEVE that JESUS is the CHRIST .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How many gospels are there?

The gospel according to... Matthew
The gospel according to... Mark
The gospel according to... Luke
The gospel according to... John
The gospel according to... Paul

The gospel according to...Catholicism
The gospel according to...Protestantism
The gospel according to...Each denomination (x 1,000s)
The gospel according to...You ???

What's your story?
The gospel according to...You.

Luke 1:1-4
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled[a] among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
Don't forget the gospel according to "Pauline"...the misunderstood teachings of Paul...inspired by Paul's evil twin sister...twisted to serve the carnal religious person. Very popular with those who have no love for the truth...but love to feel justified in their fallen state. :)