The Gospel Explained By Golf Balls—- Yes, You Read It Right....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My best friend and Golfing Buddy surprised me today....I spend so much time in the water hazards on golf courses my friends call me “ Aqua Man”......My golf ball supply was getting dangerously low and from out of nowhere and for no real good reason other than the fact that he likes me a lot, he gifted me with about 5O golf balls! Wow! I was so surprised , so happy and so grateful for this nice thing he did for me, all I did on my drive to the golf course was to try to think of ways I could show my gratitude to him....should I take him out to eat somewhere....buy him a Lowe’s Gift Certificate or something? I did not really know what to do—- they only thing I knew for sure was that I was Determined to pay him back with an act of kindness from myself....I was ate-up with it.....

Now isn’t this just an example of “ Human Nature” ..... a Natural response that even the most vile men share.....even guys like Hitler know how to repay a favor and do it without any reluctance.....they are eager to do so....

Of course, God, the One that created “ human nature”, knows about this , and my little experience today got me to thinking about the “parallels” that exist between the gifts of men and the gifts of God....

A gift of golf balls ain’t bad, but think about the Gift that God gave us....a gift we never deserved and a gift that God was not forced to give.....the gift of dying for our sins.....without this gift, we would all be consigned to an Eternity in Hell....If ANYTHING should ever promote a spirit of Gratitude, wouldn't it be THAT?

Here is what I am driving at.....when it actually HIT ME that Jesus died for ALL of my sins—— past, present , and future—- and because of my Faith in Christ, God would Save me “ To The UTTERMOST”, it brought out that Natural Response to Repay the One that gifted me! Repay on Steroids!

I could certainly never repay God for what He did for me when I was such a wretched man , “ DEAD in Trespasses and Sins”, yet it is only Natural to want to try.....

This is why the Gospel works so effectively when properly understood ....this is where it gets its Power.....when, deep in your heart, it finally Hits you as to what God has done for you through His Son , the Natural Response is to be obsessed with paying God back by trying to live a life that is pleasing to Him....

The Confused ,Religious man who has never really experienced this life- changing event warns everybody —— “ Hey, If God forgives ALL of our sins, sin will break out all over the place ! People will think that they can Sin and get away with it and all He’ll will break loose!”

I am sorry, Mr.Religionist/ Mr.Legalism......knowing ALL of my sins are forgiven Spurs something that is just the opposite of your Legalistic, small-minded fears......it spurs a thankfulness and a sense of gratitude and a Relief that the burden of trying to “ Be Worthy” is finally off my shoulders that I want to “ return the favor” and be Obedient to the God that I have now learned how to Love....” Love” being the Engine that drives Obedience .....no longer Fear.....

Gratitude for free golf balls is one thing —— When you have been rescued from an Eternity in Hell ,( especially when you more than deserved it! ) and it really “ hits home” with you , the “ gratitude” and the Impetus for Right Living should and Will all come about on its own.....naturally.....

The problems that we see in these Forums daily mostly stem from the fact that many people simply don’t believe the Gospel .....it’s True......Jesus actually DID die for ALL of your Sins....Some say that Jesus died for your “ past” sins and now it is up to you to “ make yourself Worthy” . How sad. How Unbiblical. How Wrong. By simply Believing The Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4, you are * MADE WORTHY* by the Blood Of The Lamb......take that to the Bank! Or the Golf Course..... God bless......

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now if you would just read your post as if someone else wrote it you'd see why no one will be saved without works. And it ain't because works earn salvation.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now isn’t this just an example of “ Human Nature” ..... a Natural response that even the most vile men share.....even guys like Hitler know how to repay a favor and do it without any reluctance.....they are eager to do so.
The difference between the natural response of the natural man and the spiritual response of the spiritual man is 1) the extent to which the payback of the favor is sacrificial, and 2) enemies are not exempt from receiving that sacrificial payback.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now if you would just read your post as if someone else wrote it you'd see why no one will be saved without works. And it ain't because works earn salvation.

Lol......I can always count on you to never *GET* it......your track record in regard to things that just go “ right over your head” is unblemished once again......I hope the Newbies That Read my post recognize the “ Good News” Of The Total Forgiveness Of ALL of their Sins, simply because the Believe the Gospel Found In 1Cor15:1-4.....

If the Anchor of your Salvation is not bringing a sense of Joy and Relief and Gratitude in your life for what God has done for YOU and NOT what YOU have done for God—— you got the WRONG “good news” and you’d better keep looking for the “ Real Deal”.....you will trade all of that “ work” you have been doing for “ REST” ......when you learn how to REST in the Gospel as God demands in Hebrews 3 and 4, the “ works” will occur naturally —— you will “ Find Yourself” Doing more for God By Accident than you “ ever” did by “ Trying” purposely —— God does not save Anybody that is “ Trying” to get to Heaven .....He will Save ALL of those that are “ TRUSTING” to get to Heaven......come back to the discussion if and when you ever learn that, Mr.Bueller .....get off of the Bottle and try some “ Meat” for a change.....

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference between the natural response of the natural man and the spiritual response of the spiritual man is 1) the extent to which the payback of the favor is sacrificial, and 2) enemies are not exempt from receiving that sacrificial payback.

What on EARTH are you TALKING about? My Lord.....where do you get this Unbiblical Hog - Wash? Why must you always complicate the things that God has made so simple...

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think you were about ”HALF - cracked” before you ever met me...... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahaha.....infinity plus one....
Are you trying to imitate BUZZ LIGHTYEAR??? that would be Infinity and BEYOND.... Get your quotes right Buster!!!!!!!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What on EARTH are you TALKING about? My Lord.....where do you get this Unbiblical Hog - Wash? Why must you always complicate the things that God has made so simple...
1) The sacrificial nature of the giving distinguishes the giving of the spiritual person from that of the natural person:

“Truly I tell you,” He said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. For they all contributed out of their surplus, but she out of her poverty has put in all she had to live on.” Luke 21:2-4

2) Giving to enemies and those who don't deserve it distinguishes the giving of the spiritual person from that of the natural person:

"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them, expecting nothing in return. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked." Luke 6:35
Any more questions?

You need to tell Andrew Farley to talk to the hand. You're not learning anything from him.
Read the Bible for yourself, and talk to other people who also read the Bible for themselves.
That's how we learn.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You need to tell Andrew Farley to talk to the hand. You're not learning anything from him.
Read the Bible for yourself, and talk to other people who also read the Bible for themselves.
That's how we learn.
LOL..... Sam the Sheepdog and Ralph the Wolf.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If the Anchor of your Salvation is not bringing a sense of Joy and Relief and Gratitude in your life for what God has done for YOU and NOT what YOU have done for God—— you got the WRONG “good news” and you’d better keep looking for the “ Real Deal”.....you will trade all of that “ work” you have been doing for “ REST” ......when you learn how to REST in the Gospel as God demands in Hebrews 3 and 4, the “ works” will occur naturally —— you will “ Find Yourself” Doing more for God By Accident than you “ ever” did by “ Trying” purposely —— God does not save Anybody that is “ Trying” to get to Heaven
you make some good points…as does m bueller, at least imo
get off of the Bottle and try some “ Meat” for a change.....
oooh, wait’ll that one flips on ya lol

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you’d better keep looking for the “ Real Deal”.....you will trade all of that “ work” you have been doing for “ REST” ......when you learn how to REST in the Gospel
Of course, Precious friend, the natural man will NEVER understand This, Either!:

Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of GRACE, but of
DEBT.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him That Justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. {Resting In HIM, ETERNALLY!}

Amen?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) The sacrificial nature of the giving distinguishes the giving of the spiritual person from that of the natural person:

“Truly I tell you,” He said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. For they all contributed out of their surplus, but she out of her poverty has put in all she had to live on.” Luke 21:2-4

2) Giving to enemies and those who don't deserve it distinguishes the giving of the spiritual person from that of the natural person:

"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them, expecting nothing in return. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked." Luke 6:35
Any more questions?

That's how we learn.
That's how we learn
SEE that part i copied . THEY DONT CARE MY FRIEND . THEY DONT WANT TO HEED the BIBLE
they had rather heed emotions and men who pander to said emotions .
I weep for many my friend . I have long tried to get folks to get back into bibles . BUT my friend , THEY dont want that .
THEY had rather heed what MEN TELL THEM about SAID BIBLE . Many are not gonna make it .
I will keep praying my friend . I will keep warning and reminding , but in the end , ITS ON THEM what they do .

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the Natural Response is to be obsessed with paying God back by trying to live a life that is pleasing to Him....
This is not merely the natural response. It is also the spiritual response, and it is urged on every Christian by the New Testament. Here is one example from Romans 12:1,2: I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

This is not to make anyone more "worthy", but to conform Christians into the likeness or image of Christ.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not sure exactly what you mean by this cryptic remark. Evidently Farley is a Hyper-Grace preacher and one should beware of him. See the article below:

Beware of Hyper-Grace: Andrew Farley and Jeremy White

Continuing in this look at “Hyper grace”, let’s consider two pastors and writers that perpetuate the hyper-grace view similar to Joseph Prince. These guys may not be quite as well-known but their teaching has influenced many believers. Andrew Farley is the writer of the book “The Naked Gospel” and Jeremy White has written the book “The Gospel Uncut: Learning to Rest in the Grace of God”. Both men espouse very close to the same views regarding this topic.

I bring these two up specifically as a warning for those that may be inclined to take teaching from them. Their message is mixed and we should know what happens when one mixes what sounds like grace with performance.

That is bad enough but it doesn’t just stop there because with these two there are other doctrinal issues as well.

I have taken some telling comments for examination from each of their two books. I will give each quote followed by my thoughts. So let’s consider Andrew Farley first.

He says, “So I John 1:9 is an invitation to become a Christian.” P 152 The Naked Gospel

If this is your conclusion about I John 1:9 then something is off. John was writing I John to believers that, many of which, were seduced by the errors of Gnosticism. Part of that error led to them to thinking that they no longer sinned. However, I John was written that these believers might have fullness of joy in their Christian walk. I John deals quite heavily with abiding in Christ.

The tests in I John are not to see whether a person is saved but whether a believer is walking in fellowship and abiding in Christ. We have to be clear that it is possible for believers not to abide. Why else tell a believer to abide? Take I John 2:6 for example: 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. So a hyper-gracer that equates abiding with salvation then makes this verse mean that if you don’t walk as Christ walked then you are not saved. Likewise if you hate your brother then it would stand to reason that you are not saved. And it follows really just like calvinistic “logic” concerning I John...

https://standforthefaith.com/2017/09/21/beware-of-hyper-grace-andrew-farely-and-jeremy-white/

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you trying to imitate BUZZ LIGHTYEAR??? that would be Infinity and BEYOND.... Get your quotes right Buster!!!!!!!

It was an imitation of Homer Simpson and Ned Flanders.......it’s back to the igloo for you, eh? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahaha......

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I told you before, B.B., igloos are spacious and comfortable! They'd better be, because she lives up north of me quite a way! And you should see the hideous bugs they have. I don't know how they survive! Lol

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Any more questions?

That's how we learn.

You really need to get Get off you “ Andrew Farley Hatred”..... he has more Bible knowledge in his rear- end than you got in your entire head of “ Religious Mush”....

He is just one of many great Bible Teachers I have learned from in the last 40 years or so....He May be responsible for about 3% of my Doctrine......who do you learn from? Jimmy Swaggert and his boy? Lol....regardless of whatever Jack-Ass you have “ learned” from —- thanks for the Free Plug in regard to Andrew Farley

Newbies.....also check out “Jesus Without Religion”and “ Les Feldick, Yankee Arnold , and Rene Roland—- try to get off the Milk Bottle That our friend with limited intelligence ,Mr Bueller, is forever stuck on...Christianity is so much more than “ do do this and don’t do that” and “ Lucky Repentance” —- the god that Ferris has created is WAY TOO SMALL....