The Gospel is actually good news and here is why.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look what they've done to your good news, Lord!
:(
Good one, but no worry, God has other plans for those who pervert His Song...

Galatians 1:8-9 (NASB) But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, The 12 Dozen Plain Scriptures that us "GRACE people" learned here...:
God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST!
God's Eternal Assurance

...are FALSE? And, "jettisoned" by your few obscure/difficult/dubious verses???
Scripture is neither difficult nor dubious. What a dreadful thing to say. The truth is, and you know this, we are safe in the arms of Jesus, unless we fall away. Just don't let it happen, but to say we cannot do as Adam and Eve did and be thrust out of the Kingdom of God is plain unadulterated false teaching.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is neither difficult nor dubious. What a dreadful thing to say. The truth is, and you know this, we are safe in the arms of Jesus, unless we fall away. Just don't let it happen, but to say we cannot do as Adam and Eve did and be thrust out of the Kingdom of God is plain unadulterated false teaching.

Interesting concept in the light of...

John 10:28-29 (NASB) and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tired of the Gospel being turned into a system of law that only drags us down, robs us of joy
and stifles our love for the One who died for us?
Tired of being rerouted back to the law in order to be sanctified or to prove that your faith is genuine?

The Gospel is actually good news and here is why.

1. God has actually concluded all people under sin, whether they be Jew or Gentile, rich poor, black or white etc. (Gal 3:22)

2. Jesus Christ perfectly fulfilled all the requirements for righteousness AND took all our sins upon Himself and took the punishment that those sins fully deserve. (Rom 5:19)

3. through faith, He declares us righteous, (Rom 3:28) robes us in that righteousness, (Gal 3:27), regenerates us as His children (Jn 1:12), and freely grants us the Holy Spirit (Gal 3:2) to strengthen us, enlighten us, convict, comfort and guide us and most of all, direct our hearts into the love of Jesus (Jn 16:7-14), who has granted eternal life as a free gift through faith in Him (Rom 5:15-18).

4. We died to the law that held us that we may live anew to God. (Rom 7:1-4) (Gal 2:19)

Please keep the responses civil and I'll try to do the same. :)
I see you took very liberal approaches in defining Gal 3:22 and Rom 5:19 as your points 1 and 2 of your OP.

I do understand that your major theme is faith and justification through belief in the Messiah, and not of works of the law. It does come through loud and clear as the major pillow of the gospel...APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Addy ....believe it or not, most Christians know they are not under the law, although many do not understand atonement of sins to then be able to be saved per Christ....there cannot be any salvation without atonement of sin first. And there cannot be any effective atonement for unrepentant sin. And then there was only one human being that fulfilled the Father's standard...as his scapegoat under the Law. Remember that the Law was still active until Christ was resurrected...so this atonement of shed blood was done to complete the requirement under the Law.

....from the Forerunner commentary...a little lengthy and meaty....
------------------------------
Propitiation signifies what Christ became for all mankind—a sacrifice capable of bearing and absorbing God's judgment while turning His justifiable wrath to favor (GRACE) (Romans 5:8-9). It expresses the idea that Jesus endured His crucifixion to pay the price for sin that a holy God demands from the sinner (Genesis 2:17; Romans 1:32).

Propitiation is necessary because humanity's sinful nature stands in defiance of God's sacred law and holiness (Romans 8:7), separating people from God (Isaiah 59:2) and earning them the death penalty (Romans 6:23). God does not cause the separation; the breach is squarely the fault of humanity. Therefore, someone—sinless and of perfect (human) nature and held by God in the highest regard (Colossians 1:19; Matthew 3:17)—is required to intercede for mankind, to atone for human sin and guilt and alter humanity's standing before God—and in turn—to alter God's disposition toward mankind.

Simply, this is what Christ did for us, open the door for our salvation through his seritude, self-sacrifice, sinlessness and his actions, and his Father.

and further...........

Our Savior's perfect, sacrificial life and death were not merely displays of His righteous prowess. God the Father required Christ's unblemished life and death so that the law's legal requirement—that there is a price for every person's sins—could be satisfied once for all by His shed blood (II Corinthians 5:15; Hebrews 9:28).

Furthermore, only a sinless Jesus Christ, as the antitype of the unblemished sin offering (I Peter 1:19; Leviticus 9:3; John 1:29), could appeal to God the Father as our Advocate without compromising His righteousness or law (Job 8:3; Deuteronomy 32:4), thereby atoning for the repentant person's sins and reconciling him or her to God (Psalm 51:1-4; Romans 3:25-26; I John 2:1-2).

Notice, we have to repent for sin to make Christ's sacrifice meaningful and effective...so Christ DID NOT ATONE and 'PAY' for unrepentance of one's sins, of unbelievers.

Happy trails...Henri APAK

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice, we have to repent for sin to make Christ's sacrifice meaningful and effective...so Christ DID NOT ATONE and 'PAY' for unrepentance of one's sins, of unbeliever

If one has “ changed His or her mind” from Unbelief in Jesus to belief in the Gospel,they have done all the “ repenting” they ever need to do as far as Salvation is concerned....” repenting of SINS” as a part of Salvation is unbiblical—— it's nowhere to Be Found In the KJV and I’ll give you $1000 if you can provide the verse that says otherwise....

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice, we have to repent for sin to make Christ's sacrifice meaningful and effective...so Christ DID NOT ATONE and 'PAY' for unrepentance of one's sins, of unbeliever

If one has “ changed His or her mind” from Unbelief in Jesus to belief in the Gospel,they have done all the “ repenting” they ever need to do as far as Salvation is concerned....” repenting of SINS” as a part of Salvation is unbiblical—— it's nowhere to Be Found In the KJV and I’ll give you $1000 if you can provide the verse that says otherwise....
Really, are you serious? so you do not have to repent of sin by saving faith, to be justified and come to Christ and possess his Spirit. Quite remarkable.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even if a Believer is Unfaithful...... “ He REMAINS Faithful”..... You must be “ Born Again” to get to Heaven.....once that happens, it is impossible to be “ Unborn”....

Adam and Eve were Chastised for their sin.....just as we are....they were ejected from Paradise, not damned to Hell.Just like us, they should have been damned, but God provided a Rescue Plan for them,
Just like us.....They put their Faith in the Shed Blood Of an Innocent to cover their Sin...... if that sounds familiar, go to the head Of the class....God sacrificed an animal for them ....it was a picture of the Shed Blood Of Jesus ....They are just as Saved as you are....if you have Faith in the Blood....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, are you serious? so you do not have to repent of sin by saving faith, to be justified and come to Christ and possess his Spirit. Quite remarkable.

Remarkable ? For sure!

It actually goes way beyond that——it’s “ AMAZING! “ ya ever hear the song, “ AMAZING GRACE ?”....it’s just like the sing says.....it ain’t fair.....get over it.....

“ Abraham BELIEVED God , and it was Counted to him as Righteousness”

Simply * BELIEVE *. the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and you are Saved....that will get the Holy Spirit in you and “ Repenting Of Sins” will come automatically.....AFTER your Salvation.....let’s not put the cart before the horse....

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remarkable ? For sure!

It actually goes way beyond that——it’s “ AMAZING! “ ya ever hear the song, “ AMAZING GRACE ?”....it’s just like the sing says.....it ain’t fair.....get over it.....

“ Abraham BELIEVED God , and it was Counted to him as Righteousness”

Simply * BELIEVE *. the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and you are Saved....that will get the Holy Spirit in you and “ Repenting Of Sins” will come automatically.....AFTER your Salvation.....let’s not put the cart before the horse....

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Interesting concept in the light of...

John 10:28-29 (NASB) and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
Your signature, "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem."

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you took very liberal approaches in defining Gal 3:22 and Rom 5:19 as your points 1 and 2 of your OP.

I do understand that your major theme is faith and justification through belief in the Messiah, and not of works of the law. It does come through loud and clear as the major pillow of the gospel...APAK
Let's just say 'a humbling pillow' for those who receive Him but a crushing Rock for those who reject Him.

Luke 20:18 (KJV) Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Reactions: APAK

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
repenting of SINS” as a part of Salvation is unbiblical—— it's nowhere to Be Found In the KJV and I’ll give you $1000 if you can provide the verse that says otherwise....
What are we to repent of if it is not sin?

From the King James Bible
Mat_9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mar_1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mar_2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luk_3:3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Luk_5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luk_13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luk_24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Act_2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act_3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Reactions: Nancy

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because they turned away from God. (Backsliders)

John 10:28-29 is for the faithful.
They had never received their Messiah, for the most part they rejected Him.
John 10:29-29 is for His sheep. Are you one?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are we to repent of if it is not sin?

Unbelief in Jesus.

Christ died for every sin that has ever been committed and every sin that ever will be committed.....Even Hitler’s and even Blood Bought’s Sins.....I am going to Heaven and Hitler is in Hell.....why ? Hitler did not “ cash in” on what Jesus accomplished at the Cross with Faith, and I did.....

“ Cash In” on what has been completely taken care of—— REST in Paul’s Gospel, given to him by Jesus to give to us....REST in 1 Cor15:1-4......