The Gospel of John Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You do realize the quote "do not forsake the assembly of yourselves together" is from the Word of God right? And no, you cannot assemble together by yourself.
I never said by myself did I, bit hard to be by yourself in a pub, and when you are in Christ you are never alone, self plays no part in Gods kingdom. Or is it that you are afraid that when people discover they can have Christ for them selves that you will have to one to rule over, who made you King to rule and reign over Gods people, remember what God said to Moses.

Exo 8:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

but

Exo 7:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Pharaoh's heart is hardened, he refuseth to let the people go.

again

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

The one you stand against is the one whom will be your judge.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said by myself did I, bit hard to be by yourself in a pub, and when you are in Christ you are never alone, self plays no part in Gods kingdom. Or is it that you are afraid that when people discover they can have Christ for them selves that you will have to one to rule over, who made you King to rule and reign over Gods people, remember what God said to Moses.

Exo 8:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

but

Exo 7:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Pharaoh's heart is hardened, he refuseth to let the people go.

again

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

The one you stand against is the one whom will be your judge.
We are not to forsake the church. Isolation Christianity is not Christianity. That is not the way of Christ. Of course you have proven to know very little about actual Scripture. You have your own made up religion.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are not to forsake the church. Isolation Christianity is not Christianity. That is not the way of Christ. Of course you have proven to know very little about actual Scripture. You have your own made up religion.
Christainty is a people its not a religion. His church is made up of people should I repost.

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Notice I wasn't talking about Christianity. I was talking about your made up religion.
What isnt Jesus in the bible , was He no the one one who said,

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So you telling me im wrong to follow Christ

Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

you poor poor man.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you put my paraphrase in Google, the KJV verse is the very first hit. Not that hard to find.

Now Google is the most reliable source of misinformation that I know of as it searches what others have put on the internet and then tells us where it can be found.

I used a computer study Bible to search for your quote from the scriptures and did not find it.

Google did not find your quote in the scriptures when it returned this for my inquiry: -

upload_2020-2-1_7-2-53.png

However it did returned the above responses based on the same "concept" as you expressed.

Now it comes down to how one should put that into play. Should we hid ourselves away in a room/building were we can play at being what we claim or should we be out and about so that we are a blessing to our community in which we live doing the very acts that proclaim what we believe.

Seems like the difference between a little or a big "sea/c."

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now Google is the most reliable source of misinformation that I know of as it searches what others have put on the internet and then tells us where it can be found.

I used a computer study Bible to search for your quote from the scriptures and did not find it.

Google did not find your quote in the scriptures when it returned this for my inquiry: -

View attachment 8549

However it did returned the above responses based on the same "concept" as you expressed.

Now it comes down to how one should put that into play. Should we hid ourselves away in a room/building were we can play at being what we claim or should we out and about so that we are a blessing to our community in which we live doing the very acts that proclaim what we believe.

Seems like the difference between a little or a big "sea/c."
This is a lot of flowery words in a post that only proves what I said was correct. It was easy to figure out which reference I was talking about.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My point is you are not following Christ but a made up version of Christ.
No, you do, in your religion as all men do. You need men to maintain your religion Christ just need men to follow after Him, whom you constantly deny before men.

Mat 19:13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

And all you do is keep His children from Him, they do not belong to you or your religion.

Mat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay, I did a word search of a number of the preferred texts, i.e. KJV, and could not find your quote of "do not forsake the assembly of yourselves together." Perhaps, it would be good for you to provide the reference from the "bible" of this quote to confirm that it is found in the scriptures, otherwise you are blowing a lot of hot air up, you know where.

You will find 50+ translations in:

/Hebrews 10:25 - Bible Gateway

Bible Gateway is a great study tool.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How have I denied Christ? That is a very big and bold charge with no basis.
Really would you like to know,

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh_6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh_6:48 I am that bread of life.
Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Mat_8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Joh_6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Every time you keep someone from Christ you deny Him, you deny His power, you deny His authority, and even His spirit,

Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

and so you keep men from Christ

Mat 19:13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

and one more

Mar_9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really would you like to know,

Joh_6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh_6:48 I am that bread of life.
Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Mat_8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Joh_6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Every time you keep someone from Christ you deny Him, you deny His power, you deny His authority, and even His spirit,

Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

and so you keep men from Christ

and one more

Mar_9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
Ok, you have quoted verses but you did not say how I have actually denied Christ. You are bearing false witness.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok, you have quoted verses but you did not say how I have actually denied Christ. You are bearing false witness.

Its scripture inst it ????? IS not that you keep quoting. Therefore it must be right. You said so yourself.

Oh I missed that bit, "reformed truth" so what you speak is not the truth, but your version of it..

Thanks for letting is know.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its scripture inst it ????? IS not that you keep quoting. Therefore it must be right. You said so yourself.

Oh I missed that bit, "reformed truth" so what you speak is not the truth, but your version of it..

Thanks for letting is know.
Clearly you don't know what reformed means when talking about theology. But yeah, you quoted Scriptures but did not show how I have actually denied Christ. More false witness.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Clearly you don't know what reformed means when talking about theology. But yeah, you quoted Scriptures but did not show how I have actually denied Christ. More false witness.
Yes funny how any things pertaining to Christ is ignored, funny how the religious refuse to allow people, those whom, belong to Christ to go to Christ, you know exactly what I am saying, you just cant accept the fact the people dont need you, they need Christ. Keep it up. Pharaoh did too, look what happened to him.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes funny how any things pertaining to Christ is ignored, funny how the religious refuse to allow people, those whom, belong to Christ to go to Christ, you know exactly what I am saying, you just cant accept the fact the people dont need you, they need Christ. Keep it up. Pharaoh did too, look what happened to him.
No I honestly don't know what you are saying. And you have yet to show how I have DENIED Christ.