The Gospel of Reconciliation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 5:11 More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
Still you have a problem:

You are denying reconciliation if you say its conditioned on believing, since the reconciliation was completed by Christs Death while the reconciled were enemies/unbelievers Per Rom 5:10'So it had nothing to do with anyone believing

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still you have a problem:

You are denying reconciliation if you say its conditioned on believing, since the reconciliation was completed by Christs Death while the reconciled were enemies/unbelievers Per Rom 5:10'So it had nothing to do with anyone believing
You should read what it says in God's word rather than relying on the heretical statements from Calvinist/Reformed Theology. Romans 5:11 pretty clearly says that you are wrong in your analysis.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reconciliation is complete ! 3

The same Truth of the peace/reconciliation the death of Christ would provide for them He died for is seen in the OT Prophets here Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

The word peace shalom means :

completeness, soundness, welfare, peace,peace, friendship

1. of human relationships

with God especially in covenant relationship

Those whom Christ died for, for whom He was wounded for their transgressions[rebellion], bruised for their iniquities, it effected for them Peace with God and reconciliation with God.

Understand, those Christ died for, God upon Him took out vengeance upon Him for their sins, so that Gods vengeance on their sins has been appeased, Justice for them hath been satisfied, and Peace established

Isa 54:10

For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee. 15

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should read what it says in God's word rather than relying on the heretical statements from Calvinist/Reformed Theology. Romans 5:11 pretty clearly says that you are wrong in your analysis.
Still you have a problem and just spinning your wheels

Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why the be ye reconciled to God ?

2 Cor 5:17-20

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God

This imperative, in the passive voice may i add, is directed to new creatures in Christ Vs 17, also to them that have already been reconciled to God by Christ's death Vs 18-19; Rom 5:10, to them that have no sins of theirs charged or imputed to them Vs 19.

Now the imperative to them is not to the unreconciled, but the already reconciled, so its not an imperative wherein a choice must be made to either obey or not, be reconciled or not be reconciled, no its an imperative wherein God is actually causing the already reconciled, is causing the truth of it to be reconciled, embraced, receive into their hearts and minds and affections, causing them to receive the truth of them having already been reconciled to God through Christ's death. We know this because the command " be ye reconciled" is in the passive voice,, which means :

The passive voice represents the subject as being the recipient of the action. E.g., in the sentence, "The boy was hit by the ball," the boy receives the action.

Its the living voice of Christ, through His messengers turning the minds and hearts of His people to embrace the truth in Faith. Under the New Covenant it is written Ezk 36:27

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Its a command as if Christ were to say, let there be light, light would therefore obey the command of Christ, hence Christ shines in the heart the light of the gospel [of reconciliation through Him] 2 Cor 4:6

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

So the imperative is not to lost souls separated from God, and dead in sin, but quickened, regenerated souls, new creatures, who are now being reconciled to the truth of their reconciliation/salvation !

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this could not be True if both parties have not been reconciled to one another ! It establishes a harmony between God and men. Now it doesnt begin with the men in and of themselves, but of men as they are represented in Christ their Head. Its just like in the beginning man had a harmony with God in Adam, their federal covenant head at creation, before the transgression, so likewise, those men in Christ, whom He represented in His death, burial, and resurrection, they now have a harmony with God, and vice versa because of the harmony that exist between Christ their Head and God !. Now all men Christ represented have no less harmony with God as man had with God before the fall in Adam ! Yes before the fall God was reconciled to Adam and men in him, and Adam and men in him reconciled to God.15
First, Christ is not our Head. In His Incarnation Christ became man. He is us, every human being because we all possess the very same nature. Christ is not some abstract entity simply representing man, or in your case only some men. This statement is a direct denial of the Incarnation of Christ. Where, oh where do you get this nonsense that does not align with scripture. Did you ever study anything about the Incarnation? You call yourself a Christian and you don't understand one of the hallmarks of historical Christianity.
Another piece of nonsense is "Adam and men in him". Adam did NOT have any men in him. He is consubstantial with us, the same as all other men. Our nature is the very same nature Christ assumed from the Virgin Mary, another human being.
What sources do you study that gives you such false teaching about scripture?

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why the be ye reconciled to God ?

2 Cor 5:17-20

Now the imperative to them is not to the unreconciled, but the already reconciled, so its not an imperative wherein a choice must be made to either obey or not, be reconciled or not be reconciled, no its an imperative wherein God is actually causing the already reconciled, is causing the truth of it to be reconciled, embraced, receive into their hearts and minds and affections, causing them to receive the truth of them having already been reconciled to God through Christ's death. We know this because the command " be ye reconciled" is in the passive voice,, which means :

The passive voice represents the subject as being the recipient of the action. E.g., in the sentence, "The boy was hit by the ball," the boy receives the action.
You may try to impress with your great grammer knowledge but it seems you need to twist everything to fit your view, rather than what scripture is saying. The passive subject here is God. Paul is speaking about being ambassadors for Christ since we now are reconciled by Christ to God. He is exhorting the action to those he is speaking to, to be reconciled to God. The action is by the person to God. God is not doing this to the person. It also has nothing to do with "the truth of it to be reconciled".

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may try to impress with your great grammer knowledge but it seems you need to twist everything to fit your view, rather than what scripture is saying. The passive subject here is God. Paul is speaking about being ambassadors for Christ since we now are reconciled by Christ to God. He is exhorting the action to those he is speaking to, to be reconciled to God. The action is by the person to God. God is not doing this to the person. It also has nothing to do with "the truth of it to be reconciled".
You still dont get it, even after I explain it.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still dont get it, even after I explain it.
Whatever it is you think you explained, it cannot be found in scripture. The explanation I gave to you, and have been giving to you has been the belief of Christians from the very beginning. As I stated you have no understanding of the Incarnation. On that basis you will get everything else incorrect because salvation in all aspects is based on the Incarnation.
Why would anyone follow some modern man interpreted theory rather than the Gospel once given to the saints from the beginning. The Gospel given by the Holy Spirit, preserved and protected within His Body, the Church.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being reconciled to God even when they were being enemies, is proof that their sins had been done away with, and God not imputing them to them 2 Cor 5:19, else they could not have been reconciled to God and received into His favour, which being reconciled entails. The greek word for reconciled in Rom 5:10 is katallasso, which does mean that God receives one into His favour, having reconciled that one to Himself 2 Cor5:18; to be restored to favour; and once again this is true of all sinners Christ died for, which reconciled them to God while they themselves were being enemies, that is being hostile to God and opposing Him. 15

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever it is you think you explained, it cannot be found in scripture. The explanation I gave to you, and have been giving to you has been the belief of Christians from the very beginning. As I stated you have no understanding of the Incarnation. On that basis you will get everything else incorrect because salvation in all aspects is based on the Incarnation.
Why would anyone follow some modern man interpreted theory rather than the Gospel once given to the saints from the beginning. The Gospel given by the Holy Spirit, preserved and protected within His Body, the Church.
Post 1005. Do you understand what Im saying ? People always asking, if they were already reconciled, why the imperative " be ye reconciled to God ?" Im answering that, do you understand it, even if you disagree ?

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being reconciled to God even when they were being enemies, is proof that their sins had been done away with, and God not imputing them to them 2 Cor 5:19, else they could not have been reconciled to God and received into His favour, which being reconciled entails. The greek word for reconciled in Rom 5:10 is katallasso, which does mean that God receives one into His favour, having reconciled that one to Himself 2 Cor5:18; to be restored to favour; and once again this is true of all sinners Christ died for, which reconciled them to God while they themselves were being enemies, that is being hostile to God and opposing Him. 15
Another gross misunderstanding of a text. God did not take any sins away.
He did not charge them for their sins. In other words, He overlooked their sins.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post 1005. Do you understand what Im saying ? People always asking, if they were already reconciled, why the imperative " be ye reconciled to God ?" Im answering that, do you understand it, even if you disagree ?
I understand what you say. That is why I know so clearly that it is not scriptural.
What you don't understand is there are two distinct reconciliations occurring. The first is God in Christ was reconciling the world to Himself. Christ is the one doing the reconciling. What was He reconciling? The world back to God. What was wrong with the world. It was being held by Satan through death. Christ overcame death.
By so doing mankind is now in favor with God because now man has eternal existence once more. Man can now be in union with God again eternally.
Now, how does man do that? By believing, faith, this is the second reconcilment mentioned, where Paul is exhorting his readers to be reconciled to God. We also call that justification by faith. It is man's faith that puts him in favor with God.
I know you do not believe this either since you hold to unconditional election where God has already chosen some to believe. Another false teaching of scripture. This second phrase ' be ye reconciled to God" is totally contradictory to your theology which is why you are forced to deny what it actually states.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what you say. That is why I know so clearly that it is not scriptural.
What you don't understand is there are two distinct reconciliations occurring. The first is God in Christ was reconciling the world to Himself. Christ is the one doing the reconciling. What was He reconciling? The world back to God. What was wrong with the world. It was being held by Satan through death. Christ overcame death.
By so doing mankind is now in favor with God because now man has eternal existence once more. Man can now be in union with God again eternally.
Now, how does man do that? By believing, faith, this is the second reconcilment mentioned, where Paul is exhorting his readers to be reconciled to God. We also call that justification by faith. It is man's faith that puts him in favor with God.
I know you do not believe this either since you hold to unconditional election where God has already chosen some to believe. Another false teaching of scripture. This second phrase ' be ye reconciled to God" is totally contradictory to your theology which is why you are forced to deny what it actually states.
Explain to me what Im saying then

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are very adversarial to the Truth
You have not posted anything that even comes close to the truth.
You post your opinion on a text but it never aligns with scripture. Being a Calvinist I would think you might quote something from Calvin on these verses, not that he might have it correct, but at least you would have some veracity that it is not just your opinion only.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain to me what Im saying then
your saying Christ ONLY reconciled believers, which is your false limited atonement theory. One does not need to go any further to know your whole explanation is not scriptural. The concept is a direct denial of the Incarnation, so how could it be scriptural.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not posted anything that even comes close to the truth.
You post your opinion on a text but it never aligns with scripture. Being a Calvinist I would think you might quote something from Calvin on these verses, not that he might have it correct, but at least you would have some veracity that it is not just your opinion only.
Thats what an adversary would say.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your saying Christ ONLY reconciled believers, which is your false limited atonement theory. One does not need to go any further to know your whole explanation is not scriptural. The concept is a direct denial of the Incarnation, so how could it be scriptural.
I didnt think you could explain it. Dont look for me to give you a lot of explanations.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More on the word of reconciliation!

The World here spoken of here 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

First of all, the World here are a mixture of jew and Gentile Elect! And a aspect of their reconciliation to God is God not imputing, charging or reckoning their sins, trespasses, iniquities unto them. 20