The Great Commission ~ Breakdown

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s objective truth when it comes to Christ; I believe Waitingonhim. The objective truth about Christ is that He is the truth, the way, and the life no man comes to the Father except by him.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s objective truth when it comes to Christ; I believe Waitingonhim. The objective truth about Christ is that He is the truth, the way, and the life no man comes to the Father except by him.
That is because... He is the only revelation of the Father, which is love, and this is how we know those whom have passed from death to life.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spreading The Gospel With Confidence.

Act 28:30-31 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, (31) Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

If you tried to post a link- it didn't work.

But I agree we need to spread the gospel. I have gone on missions foreign and locally. but discipleship is the command and evangelism is merely step one in that life long process.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just like breaking the word of God down. Verse by Verse, that gives insight to the context and what is going on, @Ronald Nolette

Which is almost always a great thing to do! Context is critical both in where the passages are located, what the issue the passage is dealing with, who is specifically being addressed (Jews, Gentiles or the church) and an understanding of how words were used then as opposed to now! Also an understanding of idiomatic use of language is important.

I had to put someone on ignore because in discussing Johnn 3 being born of water and spirit, I showed HIm that being born of water was a Jewish idiom for natural birth. Because I could not give him links he made false accusations.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you tried to post a link- it didn't work.

But I agree we need to spread the gospel. I have gone on missions foreign and locally. but discipleship is the command and evangelism is merely step one in that life long process.
No link intended.

An interesting thing about the Gospel spreading after the Ascension of Christ is the various ruling empires had developed the roads, and shipping routes, plus there was widespread use of the Greek language.

I read that the persecution of the early Christians, by adherents to Judaism and by Roman rulers, was akin to them stamping out fires only for the embers to scatter and ignite new ones.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No link intended.

An interesting thing about the Gospel spreading after the Ascension of Christ is the various ruling empires had developed the roads, and shipping routes, plus there was widespread use of the Greek language.

I read that the persecution of the early Christians, by adherents to Judaism and by Roman rulers, was akin to them stamping out fires only for the embers to scatter and ignite new ones.

Absolutely! There is an old saying that has proven true: The blood of the martyrs is the seed for the church. Persecution only strengthen believers notshrinks us.