The GREAT commission

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That remark is laughable. It is Jesus Himself who declared that man to be justified. That should be sufficient for anyone.

If you could not even figure that out, there is no point in you discussing this subject. Unbelievable.
I’m not letting you get away with that. Answer the question! Could a gentile go into the temple and pray? Yes or no. You won’t answer because you know it will highlight the fact that you made an error.

When the Temple was consecrated this is what God said...
2 Chronicles 7:14-15 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
“My people”? I thought the publican was just some random fellow looking to be saved?
“Which are Called by my name”? That publican could not even go in there unless he was called by “his name”
The truth is the publican was justified because he had been obedient to the promise God made to HIS PEOPLE. That’s why Jesus declared him justified.
You know you are right though. We too today are saved in the SAME way the publican was. If we too will be obedient to the will of God as he has promised us, we too will be saved. And what did he say..
He that believes and is baptized shall be saved.
Now are you gonna be a publican or a pharisee? So far you are the pharisee who disobeyed the will of God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m not letting you get away with that. Answer the question! Could a gentile go into the temple and pray? Yes or no. You won’t answer because you know it will highlight the fact that you made an error.
It is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT whether a Gentile could or could not enter the temple. How do you think Rahab was saved at Jericho?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what a figure of speech is? He is not using a figure of speech. He says plainly 'I didn't come to baptize, but preach the gospel.' He makes a clear delineation between baptism and the gospel. If water baptism were necessary it would be included in the gospel. Its not.
Of course it is..
In acts 8 Philip preached “Jesus” to the Eunuch. Did he preach the gospel? Yes or no? I know you won’t answer that. You have too much pride.
The very next verse the Eunuch says...here is water, what hinders me from being baptized. Now where did he get that idea? From the preaching of Philip when he preached THE GOSPEL. HE DID EXACTLY WHAT CHRIST COMMANDED...
Go into all the world and preach THE GOSPEL. He that believes and is baptized shall be saved.
He preached the gospel which includes baptism.

Secondly, I never said its unimportant or not needed. Have those quotes handy? I said its a step of obedience. Obedience is important, yes?
I never used the words....unimportant or needed. I used your word....”necessary”.
And here is your quote...”if baptism were necessary (and it’s not)” from post #4

Context, context, context. I never said baptism isn't necessary.
Its not necessary FOR SALVATION. Its not part of the gospel and getting sprinkled or dunked never saved a single soul.
Do I have to quote you again..

Where did I say this? Nowhere that's where. But that also isn't the context of my statement. If you want to cite me or understand my comments you would have said; 'working for your own food in not necessary FOR SALVATION.' Physical food can't get you to heaven any more than physical water being sprinkled on you. Thanks for letting me clear that up.
Oh, now you actually care about whether certain words come out of people’s mouth? Paul NEVER said baptism wasn’t necessary but you attributed that to Paul even though those words NEVER came out of the mans mouth. How very inconsistent of you. How do you think Paul feels?
You said those words through the logic you applied to 1 Cor 1:17. All three of those verses are written in the exact same grammatical style so the same logic follows everyone of them.

Again, you fail to understand simple conversation. Loving only is what James talks about. As a believer we show our salvation/justification by what we do, not simply by what we say. Wrong again.
you are correct but for some reason you didn’t apply that same understanding to 1 Cor 1:17.

Wow, the Holy Spirit has no bearing on salvation?? Just when you think you've heard it all.
now I get to play your game.
Please quote me where I said...”the HS has no bearing on salvation”
The discussion was about the HS falling on Cornelius and what did I say?
“The HS HERE had no bearing on THEIR salvation”.
See the difference. This is a factual statement. The HS falling on Cornelius had no bearing on there salvation.
I’m gonna cut this off here because the next statement alone will take a whole page to respond to.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT whether a Gentile could or could not enter the temple. How do you think Rahab was saved at Jericho?
You are kidding me, right?
I just showed you where the only people that could go to the temple and pray were GODS
PEOPLE. THE PUBLICAN WAS ALREADY A CHILD OF GOD. Paul in the book of acts is almost killed because they thought he took gentiles into the temple, and you say...”it’s totally irrelevant”.
This story has no bearing on us as gentiles seeking to become a child of God. This man WAS ALREADY A CHILD OF GOD or he wouldn’t have been in the Temple.
This man was NEVER told to obey the gospel of Jesus Christ. But you were.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter didn't need convincing. Read Eph 1, the Holy Spirit is given, we are sealed and baptism always follows salvation.

When were those in Ephesus “sealed with the HS”? The text says....AFTER they believed. So, when did that happen?

Let’s look at the conversion account of the Ephesians..
Acts 19:1-6 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus:
This is Paul coming into Ephesus

and finding certain disciples, He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?
Paul comes across people who he believes to be disciples and he asked a question.

And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized?
He knew something was wrong by their answer and he IMMEDIATELY questions their baptism. Why? Because one cannot be saved without the proper baptism. We know he is not talking about HS baptism because we find him giving them the HS in the next couple of verses.

And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
He realizes now they had been baptized, in water, with the wrong baptism. They did not have the proper understand that goes along with baptism into Christ.

When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
So, after giving them the proper understanding he baptized them in water again. They are now saved. They are now “believers”.
Why would Paul baptize them a second time, when you say....baptism isn’t necessary?

And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Then Paul, sealed the Ephesians with the HS through the laying on of his hands.

Show me where the Ephesians EVER received the Spirit directly without human hands?
A hint....it’s not in the Bible.

When you understand their conversion account you will understand what Paul means in his letter to this church. Were the Ephesians “saved” by themselves? No. They required human interaction.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it says 'while he was speaking'. And who cares? People are convicted and can be born again before, during or after a message is given. The Holy Spirit blows where He wills, whenever He wills. The message doesn't have to be completed before a person repents and receives Jesus as their savior.
I guess I’ll have to post it...
Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
God didn’t think you could be saved before hearing the message. He specifically told Cornelius that it would BE THE MESSAGE that saved him.
So, how many words do you think Cornelius needed to Hear? All of them!!!
Could Peter have just quit preaching at vs 36 in acts 2? They heard some words and said...what shall we do? They had heard words, but not enough of them to lead them to salvation. Also, why didnt the HS fall on those at Pentecost like he did Cornelius? They heard the gospel message. I guess he just got lazy..
What a doctrine you have....”we can be born again BEFORE a message is given”. Fantastic.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Rahab told to obey the gospel of Jesus Christ? No! But you were.
Rahab was told to hang a flag out her window. Is that what we all need to do? Let’s go all hang flags out our window so we too can be saved like Rahab.
One thing I know.....if Rahab would have been told to hear, believe, repent, and be baptized for remission of her sins? She would have done it. That’s faith. All people on hear do is argue against the clear teaching of scripture.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice commentary. No scripture to support any of that.
So when Christ commanded that men baptize in the name of the father, son, and HS; in what element were they to do it in? It can’t be Spirit because we are told that it is Christ who baptizes with the Spirit. What are we as men supposed to baptize with?
When Christ then commanded Peter to command those on Pentecost to be baptized; what element was that in? It wasn’t Spirit because he promised them the gift of the Spirit after baptism.
Are you saying there is NO water baptism today at all?
What I have been saying is all according to the scriptures, with many quotes, not all with quotation marks. If you do not recognize the scriptures, you do not have the Spirit to do so. That's on you. If you want to search the scriptures to verify, go for it, it's all there. Meanwhile, you are wrong to comment about what you do not know in spirit.

As for "what element" men should be baptized with... Have you not read where the elements of this world will all be dissolved by fervent heat and by fire? What baptism then do you think should withstand, water or spirit? It is not the elements that save, but the spirit of God. This is what is written.

And what did you think was meant by baptizing "in His name", if not by the power of Christ in spirit? This is what has been given to men: The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead. It is by this same spirit that we are baptized into Christ.

Therefore, just as Christ first descended, we who follow, before ascending do also descend. Whether in birth or by ceremony, whether before God or men, we declare His first coming and His death in the flesh. Which is not complete without raising also in spirit. So, then, baptism by water is unto death, but by the Spirit is unto life.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I have been saying is all according to the scriptures, with many quotes, not all with quotation marks. If you do not recognize the scriptures, you do not have the Spirit to do so. That's on you. If you want to search the scriptures to verify, go for it, it's all there. Meanwhile, you are wrong to comment about what you do not know in spirit.

As for "what element" men should be baptized with... Have you not read where the elements of this world will all be dissolved by fervent heat and by fire? What baptism then do you think should withstand, water or spirit? It is not the elements that save, but the spirit of God. This is what is written.

And what did you think was meant by baptizing "in His name", if not by the power of Christ in spirit? This is what has been given to men: The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead. It is by this same spirit that we are baptized into Christ.

Therefore, just as Christ first descended, we who follow, before ascending do also descend. Whether in birth or by ceremony, whether before God or men, we declare His first coming and His death in the flesh. Which is not complete without raising also in spirit. So, then, baptism by water is unto death, but by the Spirit is unto life.
You have posted 2 passages in this thread. One being John 3:5 which says we are born of water.
To not give scripture reference on a regular basis is pretty lame. You can be misrepresenting what is being said and we won’t know it. Do you not care about those who come on here to read and not participate but want to hopefully learn something? The truth is, you don’t post scripture because... Don’t have any to post
And
You know what I will do with them..

We won’t need water at the second coming. It will be too late then.

B

Butterfly

Is this not what I did? I posted each passage of the great commission and made reference to each verse. Reading, learning, and reflecting on these very important words given by the Lord.
I have invited for others to make their comments on each verse as well. You are welcome to break down each verse, in study, and show where I may be right or wrong. It would be good for you to use other passages as well to support your position. Is that not Bible study? I think what you are really saying is you don’t like to be challenged.
No, I love to be challenged- but when it is with people who have the right attitude . You have already decided that your way is the right way - in other words , you have not started this thread to learn anything yourself. So it's more about attitude and motive.
It's more to do with how you answer - if anyone challenges you, or looks at a passage from a different prospective, you don't give the impression through your responses that you have considered there answer, you come back in a defensive way.
Bible study , for me, is about being open to see something new and hear from God afresh - I already know from other threads that you do not believe anyone can come to faith without being baptised -I have read your responses to the many testimonies - you have devalued them because they don't fit into your way of seeing things.
Most Christians would praise God for the work of the Holy Spirit.
You have started many threads that revolve around the baptismal issue - this one is no different, but it's in a more subtle way
Just so that you know I believe in baptism, but I came to faith first -God worked in my life , called me ( and no I am not a Calvinist , I believe in free will - but I also believe in God working as well ) then I was baptised.
Rita

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have posted 2 passages in this thread. One being John 3:5 which says we are born of water.
To not give scripture reference on a regular basis is pretty lame. You can be misrepresenting what is being said and we won’t know it. Do you not care about those who come on here to read and not participate but want to hopefully learn something? The truth is, you don’t post scripture because... Don’t have any to post
And
You know what I will do with them..

We won’t need water at the second coming. It will be too late then.
This is not an elementary topic. You have made claims regarding heavenly matters, meaning that this topic is for those who are mature, not "those who want to learn something." Which you have done poorly, as the blind leading the blind (which, if you were mature, is an example of what you should know is a quote of scripture and therefore should not need any further explanation). That is what is lame here.

So, now, for you to act as if I have not been quoting the scriptures all along...just shows a failure on your part to spiritually discern the scriptures, and is a disqualification of your ability to teach or preach. You should be asking questions, and appealing to God for understanding. You are not keeping up with the fine points of your own topic, and don't know what you are talking about.

Reactions: amadeus

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I love to be challenged- but when it is with people who have the right attitude . You have already decided that your way is the right way - in other words , you have not started this thread to learn anything yourself. So it's more about attitude and motive.
You are right. I started this thread to show what all the great commission has to say. I believe that what I presented was the truth. I welcome anybody to either agree and add to it or to disagree and break it down as to why they do not agree.
What is wrong with me thinking I’m right? Are you saying you don’t ever have that attitude? You act like what I’m doing is wrong. You seem to think you are right. So what’s the Difference? Everybody else does the same thing but for some reason you have passed judgement on me as if I should never start a thread with the idea that I’m right and want to pass on information.
I’ll have to go back and read the rules where it says....you can only start a thread in order to learn something for yourself. You are free to take my position a part and teach me something new.

It's more to do with how you answer - if anyone challenges you, or looks at a passage from a different prospective, you don't give the impression through your responses that you have considered there answer, you come back in a defensive way.
Find a post and give me an example of where I was supposed to consider another point of view. And how do you know that I didn’t consider it. Maybe I considered then decided it wasn’t right.
Lately all I get is this exchange...
“Baptism has nothing to do with salvation”.
I then post 1 pet 3:21 that specifically says...baptism doth also now save us
The reply every time so far has been. Your wrong, you don’t know what you are talking about.
SO, in all your wisdom....what am I supposed to do with that? They didn’t consider my point. but you are saying I’m wrong because I didn’t consider theirs.
Again, show me an example where I should have had a better accepting attitude.

Bible study , for me, is about being open to see something new and hear from God afresh - I already know from other threads that you do not believe anyone can come to faith without being baptised -I have read your responses to the many testimonies - you have devalued them because they don't fit into your way of seeing things.
So I take a different position than you and I’m the bad one and you are the good one. A person came on here and “testified” about some guy having the HS drive his truck for 20 miles to his destination and you expect me to believe that? You are right....I will devalue that kind of nonsense. People make fun of Christians because they all make claims but NEVER are able to demonstrate anything.

I do. I praise God for the word that the Spirit has left us. The Spirit doesn’t work today as he did when the church was first started. That is clear to see. Men were able to do many kinds of miracles then. They can’t now. A person challenged Paul and he struck him blind. Can you or anybody you know do the Same? If not then that proves the Spirit works different today then he did back then.

You have started many threads that revolve around the baptismal issue - this one is no different, but it's in a more subtle way
I have not started one thread about baptism. But you can’t talk about calling on the name of the lord and NOT talk about baptism. Read acts 22:16. Unless your dishonest
You can’t talk about the great commission and NOT talk about baptism. But there is much more to it than that.
You can’t talk about salvation and sin removal and NOT talk about baptism.
You can’t talk about being born again and NOT talk about baptism.
You can’t talk about the gospel and NOT talk about baptism. Unless you are purposefully being dishonest or ignorant.

Just so that you know I believe in baptism, but I came to faith first -God worked in my life , called me ( and no I am not a Calvinist , I believe in free will - but I also believe in God working as well ) then I was baptised.
Rita
so, Rita...no you don’t believe in baptism because you believe Christ said..
He that believes is saved and then you get baptized.
But that’s not what he said. Here is your chance to explain to me how I should be more accepting to a doctrine that takes the words of Christ out of order. Tell me how I can be more open minded. Are you going to be the next one in line to tell me....baptism has nothing to do with your salvation.
1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
I will not listen to man tell me the total opposite of what the Bible plainly teaches. I don’t see how you could accept that either.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
Hey Rita..
Here is the response I get from Scott over and over....
“You are not keeping up with the fine points of your own topic, and don't know what you are talking about.”
And I’m the bad guy who is disrespectful and fails to consider another point of view.
He never breaks down and studies the passages I post he just commentates and tells me I don’t know what I’m talking about. So, in your wisdom....what am I to do with that?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not an elementary topic. You have made claims regarding heavenly matters, meaning that this topic is for those who are mature, not "those who want to learn something." Which you have done poorly, as the blind leading the blind (which, if you were mature, is an example of what you should know is a quote of scripture and therefore should not need any further explanation). That is what is lame here.

So, now, for you to act as if I have not been quoting the scriptures all along...just shows a failure on your part to spiritually discern the scriptures, and is a disqualification of your ability to teach or preach. You should be asking questions, and appealing to God for understanding. You are not keeping up with the fine points of your own topic, and don't know what you are talking about.
The great commission is about as elementary as it gets.
Preach the gospel
Then teach them to obey all that Christ commanded.
Doesn’t get anymore simple than that..

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great commission is about as elementary as it gets.
Preach the gospel
Then teach them to obey all that Christ commanded.
Doesn’t get anymore simple than that..
I should scold you for not using quotation marks, chapter and verse. But you have paraphrased it well enough. That much is elementary.

Now, if you were receiving it, that would be enough. But if you intend to teach and preach it, tell me, since the words are spirit...what is the meaning?

B

Butterfly

Hey Rita..
Here is the response I get from Scott over and over....
“You are not keeping up with the fine points of your own topic, and don't know what you are talking about.”
And I’m the bad guy who is disrespectful and fails to consider another point of view.
He never breaks down and studies the passages I post he just commentates and tells me I don’t know what I’m talking about. So, in your wisdom....what am I to do with that?
I hate to say it, but that is a defensive response. Also this is not Scotts thread , it's yours. I have the same issue I had with you as I do with quite a few on this forum. The motive behind the study is to pull people to a certain way of thinking- My observation is based on many of the threads that many here start - after awhile you see a pattern - I read more than I post. The reason I don't post much is because the themes go round and round and the same arguements go back and fourth.
Usually it ends up with insults being aimed from both sides, and of course it also ends up with judgements about where certain people stand as Christians.
I will just say sorry for ' singling you out ' the day I posted I was frustrated by many of the threads , not just yours.
I don't put God in a box and say ' He cannot do that ' just because it's not been my own experience - I did that years ago - thought a whole bunch of Christians were ' not right ' because of something. A few years down the line God opened my eyes to see that I was wrong.
Rita x

B

Butterfly

You are right. I started this thread to show what all the great commission has to say. I believe that what I presented was the truth. I welcome anybody to either agree and add to it or to disagree and break it down as to why they do not agree.
What is wrong with me thinking I’m right? Are you saying you don’t ever have that attitude? You act like what I’m doing is wrong. You seem to think you are right. So what’s the Difference? Everybody else does the same thing but for some reason you have passed judgement on me as if I should never start a thread with the idea that I’m right and want to pass on information.
I’ll have to go back and read the rules where it says....you can only start a thread in order to learn something for yourself. You are free to take my position a part and teach me something new.

Find a post and give me an example of where I was supposed to consider another point of view. And how do you know that I didn’t consider it. Maybe I considered then decided it wasn’t right.
Lately all I get is this exchange...
“Baptism has nothing to do with salvation”.
I then post 1 pet 3:21 that specifically says...baptism doth also now save us
The reply every time so far has been. Your wrong, you don’t know what you are talking about.
SO, in all your wisdom....what am I supposed to do with that? They didn’t consider my point. but you are saying I’m wrong because I didn’t consider theirs.
Again, show me an example where I should have had a better accepting attitude.

So I take a different position than you and I’m the bad one and you are the good one. A person came on here and “testified” about some guy having the HS drive his truck for 20 miles to his destination and you expect me to believe that? You are right....I will devalue that kind of nonsense. People make fun of Christians because they all make claims but NEVER are able to demonstrate anything.

I do. I praise God for the word that the Spirit has left us. The Spirit doesn’t work today as he did when the church was first started. That is clear to see. Men were able to do many kinds of miracles then. They can’t now. A person challenged Paul and he struck him blind. Can you or anybody you know do the Same? If not then that proves the Spirit works different today then he did back then.

I have not started one thread about baptism. But you can’t talk about calling on the name of the lord and NOT talk about baptism. Read acts 22:16. Unless your dishonest
You can’t talk about the great commission and NOT talk about baptism. But there is much more to it than that.
You can’t talk about salvation and sin removal and NOT talk about baptism.
You can’t talk about being born again and NOT talk about baptism.
You can’t talk about the gospel and NOT talk about baptism. Unless you are purposefully being dishonest or ignorant.

so, Rita...no you don’t believe in baptism because you believe Christ said..
He that believes is saved and then you get baptized.
But that’s not what he said. Here is your chance to explain to me how I should be more accepting to a doctrine that takes the words of Christ out of order. Tell me how I can be more open minded. Are you going to be the next one in line to tell me....baptism has nothing to do with your salvation.
1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
I will not listen to man tell me the total opposite of what the Bible plainly teaches. I don’t see how you could accept that either.
I cannot cut and paste individual points as I have to get ready for work shortly, and my IPad is horrible for cutting and pasting !
I think we have different approaches to study- you state that you want people to look at what you write and ' see if they agree, and if not break and down as to why ' yes that is study, but you go on to clearly state that ' what you believe is true ' - so that shows, or relays, that your mind is already made up on the subject of baptism. Am I right ?
So , from the readers point of view, your aim is to challenge them to understand why you believe what you believe, despite the fact that you have already done that in other threads. I know from your other threads that you believe baptism saves- so my point is ' why start another thread that covers the same subject and repeats all the same arguments again '
I have apologised in my previous post - I did single you out , and that was wrong.
I just don't get why so many seem to think that the more they say something, the more likely it is to be heard. I guess it's the repedative subject matter that has been frustrating me.
It's true I don't believe baptism saves , but then to be honest it's NEVER been something I have ever heard before In my entire Christian life, baptism was never discussed when I first came to faith, and yet it was something I did because I felt led to , but there was a gap of about a year- but it doesn't mean that I was not saved in that first year. You do not believe in the works of the HS outside of Gods word, but my own experiences are different - it doesn't mean you are not a Christian, or I am not a Christian, it just means we see things differently. It's not always about being right or wrong.
I am just perpetuating this, and that was not my intention- I have to go to work X
Rita

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should scold you for not using quotation marks, chapter and verse. But you have paraphrased it well enough. That much is elementary.

Now, if you were receiving it, that would be enough. But if you intend to teach and preach it, tell me, since the words are spirit...what is the meaning?
What is the meaning of what? Being obedient to the great commission?
It’s elementary. If you want to be saved you MUST hear the gospel, believe the gospel which teaches one MUST repent and be baptized in water for the remission of sins. No more difficult than that.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The motive behind the study is to pull people to a certain way of thinking-
I get what you are saying, but I want to focus on this one thing you said above. Was this not the teaching of both Christ and Paul....that we should ALL have the same mind.
John 17:20-21 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
I don’t hide the fact that this is what I struggle for. I am striving for us ALL to have the same judgement on these matters. The Bible COMMANDS it. To speak the same thing.
The lord plainly said...
No where does he change that order but for some reason people don’t care. They have grown up under mans teaching for so long that it’s too late. So yes. I will continue to “contend for the faith” that was once delivered to all. Ju3
If that irritates people then so be it. I am just being an obedient servant striving for unity.
In Isa 6, God sent Isaiah to preach even though God told him that they would not listen. Isaiah asked..
Isaiah 6:11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
So I will continue, (not on here for much longer) but as opportunity arises until the end.