The Great Falling Away will be caused by......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[

Was there something different than that scenario at the end of your mysterious sentence?[/QUOTE]
This is one of two or three responses that seem to have missed the answer I gave in my OP. I looked at my post and it was right there. Did it somehow get left off for some? If so, I apologize.

My answer was that the prime contributor to the great falling away will be the awakening of the saints as to how to abide in our savior where they can not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. This amazing phenomenon will the the greatest awakening in history.... including the church in the book of Acts. I call it The Great Falling TOWARDS.

We are told that in the last days, when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Lord will lift up a standard against him. Those who have wanted a Christianity without cost, without full submission to His Lordship, without self having to yield the throne of their hearts will be faced with the cost of full blessing.... full submission. Oh, they will want forgiveness, will want their place still reserved in Heaven, but simply will not be willing to pay the cost.

Think about it. If we knew that the level of holiness that was displayed when Ananias and Saphira simply lied our of ego and fell dead before the apostles would again be common place in church, how many would shake their heads and leave?

What they will miss is an abiding in Christ where, for those hungry, not just for forgiveness but for pure hearts. Here, God actually does the keeping, the changing, the promise fulfilling. Victory and overcoming will be common for all the saints, from the weakest to the strongest, for it will be God in them causing them to walk in holy obedience.

We hear a lot of talk about the great falling away but do not realize what will spur it on. The awakening of His church, so that she will be readied for her bridegroom.

blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wasn't that great, the next one will be bigger. It comes just about the time when the gospel has been preached to every nation - that would be in our present generation.

It was that great. The apostasy of that time has gotten the majority of humans who say they belong to a Christian organization to believe in a Christ that the Apostles didn't teach. Majority of those who say they're Christians believe it was God who became human instead of believing it was The Only Begotten Son of God that became human. I say the apostasy of that time caused a great falling away of the truth.

Reactions: APAK

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Falling 'towards'...

1 Samuel 5:3
"And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again."

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason why you believe that is because you don't realize that there are two resurrections, (Rev. 20:4-6) one before the Millennial Kingdom, during the 3 1/2 year Great Tribulation and one after.
Rev. 20:4 ... I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.

It appears that you're suggesting that the "church" is included in this conversation, and that the church will also reign with Jesus for the thousand years. -- Scripture provides that AFTER the "rest of the dead" are raised, then those that alive and remain shall be caught up to be with the LORD FOREVER IN THE AIR, -- which presumes, the New Jerusalem.

You can stock up for 3 1/2 years? Good luck - don't tell anyone!
Who said not being able to buy or sell has a specified duration, -- your presumed 3 1/2 years --, or otherwise? Can't it occur in the final few months (some 2-4) until Jesus returns? In fact, Scripture appears to suggest this very circumstance, -- but a 6-month (and preferably a YEAR) supply of food is well advised given the Dan. 7 "time and a season" (some 15 months) between Jesus' Return and the full conversion into the Millennial Kingdom era. And although the timing says a full 15 months, I expect things to be fairly well back on line from the Global Thermonuclear War within some maybe two months (best guess).

So between a presumed 3 month "preceding" plus a 2 month "post", -- a 6 months supply of food, fuel, and necessities should suffice for your family, but because others may show up needy, you might consider a year's supply.

Nope, I am not an adherent to Daniels 70th week. That was a prophecy of Jesus first coming - fulfilled.
You're the one who self-professed that you're a mid-trib adherent, and you cited 3 1/2 years INTO the tribulation, with 3 1/2 years to go. And if my math is correct, that should sum to 7 years. Secondly, I COMPLETELY unaware of any "seven-year-tribulation" basis except from the errant (FALSE) interpretation of Dan. 9. So if you have an alternate source for an alternate "prophecy" then please enlighten me.

RDB, I don't think you're sufficiently versed in what Scripture says, versus what you've been TOLD "Scripture says". So I'd most urgently implore you to discover the TRUTH of Scripture so that you and your family don't suffer loss (Hsea 4:6).

Good Luck,
Bobby Jo

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was that great. The apostasy of that time has gotten the majority of humans who say they belong to a Christian organization to believe in a Christ that the Apostles didn't teach. Majority of those who say they're Christians believe it was God who became human instead of believing it was The Only Begotten Son of God that became human. I say the apostasy of that time caused a great falling away of the truth.
The parable of the sower reveals to us that those who have shallow roots will not persevere, they will wither and die.
Since it will be a testing of fairh for all during the Great Tribulation, it will also cause many to fall away.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritually, but not yet physically king on earth - soon. We preach the gospel until we can't.

You most likely not going to believe this but because it's the truth I'm going to tell you, Jesus Christ has already stood up in heaven and began ruling as King in the midst of his enemies. Jesus will never rule on Earth, he will rule over Earth from heaven. Jesus Christ told his Apostles and disciples just before his death that the world wouldn't see him no more. True to that statement after Jesus Resurrection no one other than his Apostles and disciples saw Jesus. No unbeliever saw Jesus after his resurrection.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It wasn't that great, the next one will be bigger. It comes just about the time when the gospel has been preached to every nation - that would be in our present generation.

Really, I do not think so. The great falling away will occur around 1,000 years into our future. Know what I mean.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture provides that AFTER the "rest of the dead" are raised, then those that alive and remain shall be caught up to be with the LORD FOREVER IN THE AIR, -- which presumes, the New Jerusalem
You are adding to the scripture you just quoted: Rev. 20:5 says nothing about "those who are alive and remain shall be caught up" --- that is a fragment from 1 Thes. 4:16-17
The rest of the dead (who died after the rapture and during the Millennial Kingdom will be resurrected after the 1000 years. It is referred to as the second resurrection.

Who said not being able to buy or sell has a specified duration, -- your presumed 3 1/2 years
The GT is 3 1/2 years, scripture states that in several places(42 months and also 1260 days)

You're the one who self-professed that you're a mid-trib adherent, and you cited 3 1/2 years INTO the tribulation, with 3 1/2 years to go.
No sir.
Mid-trib within 3 1/2 years and it could be that the wrath only lasts 40 days, so closer to the end of that time.
Listen, don't tell me I need to know the truth about eschatology, I've been studying it for 25 years. I am not claiming I am right. But there are a half dozen major scholarly views and many in between. You think you know and the Amillenialust thinks he knows, the Pre-Tribs and Post-tribs think they got a handle on it.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The parable of the sower reveals to us that those who have shallow roots will not persevere, they will wither and die.
Since it will be a testing of fairh for all during the Great Tribulation, it will also cause many to fall away.

The scriptures also show us that an apostasy developed during the time of the Apostles and grew progressively. When the Apostles and disciples died off this apostasy accelerated.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will never rule on Earth, he will rule over Earth from heaven. Jesus Christ told his Apostles and disciples just before his death that the world wouldn't see him no more. True to that statement after Jesus Resurrection no one other than his Apostles and disciples saw Jesus. No unbeliever saw Jesus after his resurrection.
Wrong. You don't know your Bible.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the same thing that has always led God's people away.

Idolatry.

They always was looking for God in all the wrong places.
Out there, rather than in here.

Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Act 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
Act 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald David Bruno said:
The rest of the dead (who died after the rapture and during the Millennial Kingdom will be resurrected after the 1000 years. It is referred to as the second resurrection.[/QUOTE\]

I believe that the first resurrection will be those righteous who get a resurrection like Jesus and will be given immortality when resurrected and they will inherit incorruption. They will be those who will be kings and judges and Priests with Jesus Christ in the Messianic kingdom ruling over the earth.

The second resurrection are those who will be the subjects of the Messianic kingdom who will be resurrected on Earth. Those who are the subjects of the Messianic kingdom and who are righteous will be resurrected on Earth first, then those who are unrighteous will be resurrected on Earth. These righteous and unrighteous resurrected on Earth will not be truly spiritually alive until 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What saddens me, is all those who know that the Kingdom of God and His power resides within them,
Still allow the world to walk all over us rather than us trampling on them.
And while we sit like prisoners captured by the world, they just grow stronger and stronger every day.
This is why REVIVAL is necessary. To wake people up and FIGHT back.
Not with swords and staves but with pruning hooks and plowshares.
Make the Word of God go VIRAL.

REPENT!!

It worked for John..
Hugs

Everybody waiting for tomorrow, while there so much work still left to do today.
Is Sad.. :(

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What saddens me, is all those who know that the Kingdom of God and His power resides within them,
Still allow the world to walk all over us rather than us trampling on them.
And while we sit like prisoners captured by the world, they just grow stronger and stronger every day.
This is why REVIVAL is necessary. To wake people up and FIGHT back.
Not with swords and staves but with pruning hooks and plowshares.
Make the Word of God go VIRAL.

REPENT!!

It worked for John..
Hugs

Everybody waiting for tomorrow, while there so much work still left to do today.
Is Sad.. :(

The kingdom of God/Messianic kingdom which Jesus Christ has been made King of by his Father and God, is a real government, not just something in your heart.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Victory and overcoming will be common for all the saints, from the weakest to the strongest, for it will be God in them causing them to walk in holy obedience.

Is God going to overpower people, are you thinking? Or are you talking about the overcoming we have by faith Right Now?

Much love!