The Great Falling Away will be caused by......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you ready?

Are you sure?

Sitting down?

The great falling towards!

The separation of wheat and tares is beginning.

blessings,

Gids
Finish your sentence, " ... caused by ...."
What?
I could offer some ideas.
More seemingly unending pestilence, total collapse of the economy, wars, famine. Yes, we are in the "beginning of sorrows", just prior to the Great Tribulation. This will cause many to lose faith and fall away.

Was there something different than that scenario at the end of your mysterious sentence?

Reactions: MattMooradian

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God removed me from the church 15 years ago and has never left me. I thought God told me that we are between the second and third woes.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Was there something different than that scenario at the end of your mysterious sentence?

Ummmmmmmmm, aside from silliness, -- Peter exhibited a "Falling Away" in the courtyard where he feared being ARRESTED, ABUSED, and IMPRISONED. And we could add other factors aside from the same for refusing the Mark of the Beast, such as: FIRED; unable to PAY RENT/MORTGAGE & UTILITIES; FEED FAMILY; LOSE CHILDREN to "Child Protective Services"; etc.

And if there were any SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTOR to this circumstance, -- one could assign the FALSE "Tribulation Rapture" doctrine; -- which explicitly contradicts Luke 22:36, and leads people toward being susceptible to intimidation and coercion.

But if a person had made alternate arrangements, they COULD snub their nose at such threats and evacuate to a comfortable retreat away from the city, as already guided per Luke 22:36.

:)
Bobby Jo

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe we are about to see the promise of God to the house of Israel, that being He'd wake them up in the last days, unfold. This I am sure of.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to keep 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2), and continuing in prayer, searching the Scriptures.

... and I don't disagree, but sometimes it helps to also see the world around us and perceive where we are in History, -- and possibly with regard to the Tribulation.

:)
Bobby Jo

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aside from silliness
Just adding possible causes for the Falling Away that was absent in the post.

ARRESTED, ABUSED, and IMPRISONED. And we could add other factors aside from the same for refusing the Mark of the Beast, such as: FIRED; unable to PAY RENT/MORTGAGE & UTILITIES; FEED FAMILY; LOSE CHILDREN to "Child Protective Services"; etc.
These are some minor and individual stressful consequences of the GT that would cause one to lose hope and gal from their faith. But those who persevere to the end will be saved.

the FALSE "Tribulation Rapture" doctrine; -- which explicitly contradicts Luke 22:36, and leads people toward being susceptible to intimidation and coercion.
I don't see how this passage, that pertains to Jesus' warning during the Last Passover before His crucifixion, about the hostility and persecution that the disciples would from that time onward have to go face has anything to do with 1 Thes. 4:16, 17 and 1 Cor.15:51-53 ... which is btw the time of our resurrection.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some believers think that the calamity is proof that God does not exist because they (or their family/loved ones) were not protected from the calamity by God.
Yes, that is the stumbling block for many: "If there is a God, why is there so much pain and suffering?" Now they will see catastrophic events like never before. I guessed they missed the attribute of God called justice and that sin needs to be judged. It won't be just punishment this time though, in His wrath, He will destroy the unbelievers.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo said:
the FALSE "Tribulation Rapture" doctrine; -- which explicitly contradicts Luke 22:36, and leads people toward being susceptible to intimidation and coercion.

... I don't see how this passage, that pertains to Jesus' warning ...

If your car breaks down in the bad side of town, you may not survive. But if you have a bicycle strapped to your bumper, you just might make it out. And so too, Luke tells us to "prepare" and John in Revelation tells us to "endure". But the church tells us to do NEITHER because we will be "raptured" -- which is a FALSE DOCTRINE.

And so those foolish enough to believe there's a Tribulation Era "rapture", will be as those without a bicycle strapped to the bumper.

Bobby Jo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you ready?

Are you sure?

Sitting down?

blessings,

Gids
Doesn't that happen at the end of the age when Jesus returns?

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Great Falling Away will be caused by......
Departure from the truth. Departure from the true Bible, the true Gospel, and the truth of God's Word.

It was not too long after the Reformation, that the Great Falling Away began. By the 18th century there were several *scholars* attacking the Bible and sowing the seeds of unbelief in the hearts of unsuspecting students and church members. By the 19th century theological liberalism and skepticism were in full swing. By the 20th century the mainline Protestant denominations had become apostate. By the 21st century even a large number (if not most) evangelical and fundamentalist churches had succumbed to liberalism or false doctrines. All of this is a preparation for the rise and deception of the Antichrist.

We should bear in mind that the letters to the seven churches in the book of Revelation show us the seeds of apostasy even while the apostles were on earth. By the 4th century, the Catholic and Orthodox churches had seriously deviated from Gospel truth. Along came the Reformation after the Dark Ages, but the Reformers failed to TOTALLY REJECT all unbiblical ideas.

None of this means that Christians should throw up their hands in despair. Those who are children of God have the uncorrupted Word of God, as well as the indwelling Holy Spirit and the indwelling Christ. We are assured that the Holy Spirit will lead us and guide us into all truth. However, there must first be a thirst for the truth and a hatred for lies and man-made doctrines. Did Christ hate both the deeds in the doctrines of the Nicolaitans? Absolutely.

The focus of believers today -- in spite of all the evil around us -- should be (1) the vigorous propagation of the true Gospel worldwide and (2) the edification of the saints with sound biblical doctrine.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo said:

If your car breaks down in the bad side of town, you may not survive. But if you have a bicycle strapped to your bumper, you just might make it out. And so too, Luke tells us to "prepare" and John in Revelation tells us to "endure". But the church tells us to do NEITHER because we will be "raptured" -- which is a FALSE DOCTRINE.

And so those foolish enough to believe there's a Tribulation Era "rapture", will be as those without a bicycle strapped to the bumper.

Bobby Jo
Oh, I get you, you the Pre-trib rapture? I am not a Pre-tribber. I am a Mid-trib/pre-wrath adherent. I believe the Last trumpet is #7. Trumpet #7 is accompanied by any supportive events:
1. The mystery of God is revealed
2. The kingdoms of the world become the Lord's
3. We receive rewards according to our deeds.
4. The Temple of God is open in heaven. How could the rapture occur prior to this?
5. The Seven Bowls of wrath are released
So this is a Mid-Trib. If the Last Trump had nothing to do with this series and came before them - it really would be the last Trump. Also, it cannot have anything to do with the earthly Feast of Trumpets, when a human blows the trumpet because it is an angel who blows it. (As if our resurrection is linked to some Jew blowing the Last trumpet in Jerusalem)
About the Post-trib view. The implication leaves the Church to suffer the wrath of God, which He promised us we would not be subject to. And it does correlate with the events listed.
Now if you think the whole concept of the rapture is false, I ha e scriptures that prove otherwise. "Caught up" (harpazo) means snatched away - raptured, which is our resurrection.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I am a Mid-trib/pre-wrath adherent. ...
THOUGHT #1:
There's a reason why NOBODY has a FIRM tribulation-era rapture DOCTRINE. And it's because the DEAD aren't raised until the END of the Millennial Kingdom, where Jesus and those that are alive and remain shall ascend to the NEW JERUSALEM to be with the LORD Forever In The Air.

And those who are counting on an "escape" (pre-, mid-, post-) will be sorely disappointed, -- with MANY to the point of giving up and accepting the Mark of the Beast --, because it's called the GREAT Falling Away.

So if you're not preparing for when we can't "buy or sell", then you're placing yourself and your family at risk.​

THOUGHT #2:
Secondly, your reference to "mid-tribulation" suggests that you believe the FALSE assignment of the seventieth week of Daniel to the Tribulation. However, Dan. 9:2 says "years"; the "seven" is given per the INCONCISE Masculine text, so of the seventy "sevens" ONLY ONE is a "seven"; the "going forth of the word" is not from a man-king, but is from GOD HIMSELF as found in the Book of Psalms; there is no "seven and sixty-two", -- there's a "seven" with an anointed one, and a "sixty-two" with a SECOND anointed one; and the Destroyer comes AFTER the seventy "sevens". *

Rev. 13:5 CORRECTLY defines the TRUE duration, -- and Daniel's 9th Chapter has NOTHING TO DO with the tribulation except as explained, -- the Destroyer comes some 18 years AFTER the Seventieth "seven".

So where Dan. 12:4 & 9 DEMAND and END-TIME Prophecy Fulfillment, -- you (and most people, including me) have fallen prey to the "ancient" LIES of the commentators.

* Note: The cited "difficulties" are only a partial presentation.​

And this is not to blame you, because we all tend to trust our Commentators & Pastors, -- but what we've been told is False. And fortunately Scripture and History is TRUE, so that means it takes more work to discover that TRUTH , but it is there to be discovered.

Bobby Jo :)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a reason why NOBODY has a FIRM tribulation-era rapture DOCTRINE. And it's because the DEAD aren't raised until the END of the Millennial Kingdom,

The reason why you believe that is because you don't realize that there are two resurrections, (Rev. 20:4-6) one before the Millennial Kingdom, during the 3 1/2 year Great Tribulation and one after.

So if you're not preparing for when we can't "buy or sell", then you're placing yourself and your family at risk.

You can stock up for 3 1/2 years? Good luck - don't tell anyone!

Secondly, your reference to "mid-tribulation" suggests that you believe the FALSE assignment of the seventieth week of Daniel to the Tribulation

Nope, I am not an adherent to Daniels 70th week. That was a prophecy if Jesus first coming - fulfilled.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you ready?

Are you sure?

Sitting down?

blessings,

Gids

The Great falling away, which is apostasy was caused by the Spirit of the Antichrist. This falling away of Christian truth was even happening in the year 51C.E. and continued growing. The Apostle Paul was inspired to write, 2Thessalonians 2:7. Close to the end of the first century there were many falling away from the truth, and the Apostle John tells us in his letter that the number of apostates had grown to be many apostates at 1John 2:18.

Reactions: APAK

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the cause of the great falling away, if such a thing were to happen is evangelicalism

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Great falling away, which is apostasy was caused by the Spirit of the Antichrist. This falling away of Christian truth was even happening in the year 51C.E. and continued growing. The Apostle Paul was inspired to write, 2Thessalonians 2:7. Close to the end of the first century there were many falling away from the truth, and the Apostle John tells us in his letter that the number of apostates had grown to be many apostates at 1John 2:18.
It wasn't that great, the next one will be bigger. It comes just about the time when the gospel has been preached to every nation - that would be in our present generation.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wasn't that great, the next one will be bigger. It comes just about the time when the gospel has been preached to every nation - that would be in our present generation.

And who is preaching the good news of the kingdom that God has made his Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ king of.