The great harlot Rev 17, 18

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You want to know the truth seek after Christs He will open your eyes. Revelation doesnt come from men or reading the bible it comes from God from Heaven.

I think I might have to just realize that this is a topic WAY too deep for me... I should probably focus more on other things... Anyways... It is interesting.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
She is the Momma, remember whats his name nailing something on her door, thats when all her little daughters came about. She is mom all mens religions are her daughters.

Are you saying the Catholic church is the mother and all other sects that have come from her ( because she was the first ) are her daughters??
If you are stating this... then I would have to agree on the inclusion of ALL CHURCHES that represent Christ...

I am thinking about this Galatians 6:6-8

6But the one who receives instruction in the word must share in all good things with his instructor. 7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. Whatever a man sows, he will reap in return. 8The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.…

I believe the Harlot is the ABUSE of TRUTH... the PERVERSION of TRUTH... the DISTORTION of TRUTH to the BRIDE.
She encompasses clergy ... pastors... and even some followers who have worked to sow lies about GOD... I am not talking about the normal "wrong" believing... I am talking about absolute rebellion against the TRUTHS in SCRIPTURE.

Reactions: mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I really believe that this is a HUGE part of the Harlot...I just don't know if it all of it... (meaning if it might not be broader even then sins of the churches)... the BRIDE ( the BODY of Christ... HIS church ) has definitely PROSTITUTED herself... but for those who think this is only the Catholic church... I would disagree... this is a BROAD judgement on all CHRISTIAN religions. In my opinion.
I guess you havnt read my posts, she is the mother of harlots, have you not read,

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

She is where all mens denominations came from

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Waiting on him I still believe true prophets walk this earth today, that's probably getting a bit off topic from subject of this thread though.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyway some other questions to add to this discussion.

Has the great harlot have been revealed yet?

Does the great harlot come into existence before the tribulation or during the tribulation?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess you havnt read my posts, she is the mother of harlots, have you not read,

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

She is where all mens denominations came from

I AM READING... but I am having a hard time understanding..... SO....

To all who read this... THANK you for your contributions BUT.... this topic is one that is WAY over my head... and that is why I have not dabbled in REVELATIONS.... I will STICK to just reading about JESUS...
I'm sure this discussion will go on... but I am already STRIVING to UNDERSTAND...So THANKS Josho for starting this thread... but I am not going to be able to keep up... I think I just need to keep it simple. ~Adoration

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They claim to represent Christ, big difference.

That is the point... it is those that CLAIM to represent the church ( those that USE CHRIST as their HEAD but ABUSE and PERVERT in HIS NAME =HARLOT)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another interesting point to make is the word "Church" is not mentioned after the 7 churches until Revelation 22.

So if the harlot hasn't been revealed yet, and is only to be revealed once the tribulation begins, could it even be a church?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another interesting point to make is the word "Church" is not mentioned after the 7 churches until Revelation 22.

So if the harlot hasn't been revealed yet, and is only to be revealed once the tribulation begins, could it even be a church?

And the plot thickens... LOL

Reactions: Josho

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The only thing Christ is coming back for is His church, and..

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

So you see it cant be anything else.

You know that bride spotless without blemish, she is no harlot.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to know the truth seek after Christs He will open your eyes. Revelation doesnt come from men or reading the bible it comes from God from Heaven.
That as posted is not correct.
Scrip6is the base that God uses to provide revelation to us.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I would hope so. The Catholic Church is the fulfillment of the shadow that was Judaism.

Peace be with you!
I am not sure that is what he meant, I took him to say it In a negative way, about how the failures of judah reappeared in the failures of the church started by Jesus and his disciples

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerusalem is the harlot.
Revelation reveals Jesus on the throne.
Revelation deals with two women.
Ot. Jerusalem, which became an adulterous harlot.
The New Jerusalem, the faithful. Bride,the church.
Compare the language in. Jer50,51,with rev 18:4.
Babylon was Israel's enemy in the ot.
Jerusalem killing the prophets and Jesus had become spiritually adulterous, and as Babylon, the saints were told to flee out of Babylon.
Jerusalem is not the harlot, she never was, she was the wife who played the harlot with pagan Gods and Babylonian inspired religion which was apposed to God

God will restore the wife, when she stops her harlotry

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm beginning to believe that judaizers did corrupt the original established church and what we have now is a confused mess. You know it's not to far from Jerusalem to rome?

Maybe philip is right, maybe I'm an antichrist wolf?
It was not just the judiazers, I think it goes deeper than this

christianity from what I see for many years was a mix of Judean and pagan and christian theology all mixed into one

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really believe that this is a HUGE part of the Harlot...I just don't know if it all of it... (meaning if it might not be broader even then sins of the churches)... the BRIDE ( the BODY of Christ... HIS church ) has definitely PROSTITUTED herself... but for those who think this is only the Catholic church... I would disagree... this is a BROAD judgement on all CHRISTIAN religions. In my opinion.
Amen, and even may go deeper

the question is, who is the mother of Harlots. Or the one who runs the show

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen, and even may go deeper

the question is, who is the mother of Harlots. Or the one who runs the show

I really want to say the Roman Catholic Church... the one that was the FIRST CHURCH.... as she placed sacraments over the LOVE of Christ.... the Catholic church took away the GOSPEL of GRACE by adding the Doctrine of FALSE DOINGS... with the THREAT of DAMNATION.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really want to say the Roman Catholic Church... the one that was the FIRST CHURCH.... as she placed sacraments over the LOVE of Christ.... the Catholic church took away the GOSPEL of GRACE by adding the Doctrine of FALSE DOINGS... with the THREAT of DAMNATION.
Rev 17 gives is the characteristic and things which apply directly to the mother

can you tie them all to Rome?