The great harlot Rev 17, 18

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway some other questions to add to this discussion.

Has the great harlot have been revealed yet?

Does the great harlot come into existence before the tribulation or during the tribulation?
In revelation God said I'll cast you in a bed with her " Jezebel "?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rev 17 gives is the characteristic and things which apply directly to the mother

can you tie them all to Rome?

HA... I can't tie anything to anything... which is why I stated some posts up... that I had bitten off more than I can chew... these are beliefs I have had for a great many years and just kept them to myself... My issue with doctrines that PERVERT the truth have been my pet peeve... However when it comes to the history of the church... I am at a loss... so I am not fit to be partaking in this discussion... I have bitten off more than I can chew...

If the mother is the Catholic church... and her CHARGE is that she perverted the true Gospel... than .. every other church formed since her would be considered her daughters???? This would then include the ENTIRE CHURCH BODY that calls themselves CHRISTIAN... this is the combined judgement on all the evil done and taught in JESUS name... all the false doctrines.. all the sexual abuses... all the physical abuses... all the clergy and pastors who have purposely perverted the GOSPEL for "gain" ( not talking about those who just are believing incompletely or falsely )... there is a huge difference between someone deceived and someone who is DECEIVING... I think the HARLOT is ALL of that... so those who have PASTORED or FLOCKED .. or led in the Name of CHRIST... this is them... this is their JUDGEMENT... they are the Harlot.. because they perverted the BRIDE of CHRIST.... So that is what I think... but I base this on how I FEEL... not on any scripture... so my thoughts then are nil and void of this discussion...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will restore the wife, when she stops her harlotry

Look up. Jerusalem is free.
2 Corinthians 5:17-18 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. [18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HA... I can't tie anything to anything... which is why I stated some posts up... that I had bitten off more than I can chew... these are beliefs I have had for a great many years and just kept them to myself... My issue with doctrines that PERVERT the truth have been my pet peeve... However when it comes to the history of the church... I am at a loss... so I am not fit to be partaking in this discussion... I have bitten off more than I can chew...

If the mother is the Catholic church... and her CHARGE is that she perverted the true Gospel... than .. every other church formed since her would be considered her daughters???? This would then include the ENTIRE CHURCH BODY that calls themselves CHRISTIAN... this is the combined judgement on all the evil done and taught in JESUS name... all the false doctrines.. all the sexual abuses... all the physical abuses... all the clergy and pastors who have purposely perverted the GOSPEL for "gain" ( not talking about those who just are believing incompletely or falsely )... there is a huge difference between someone deceived and someone who is DECEIVING... I think the HARLOT is ALL of that... so those who have PASTORED or FLOCKED .. or led in the Name of CHRIST... this is them... this is their JUDGEMENT... they are the Harlot.. because they perverted the BRIDE of CHRIST.... So that is what I think... but I base this on how I FEEL... not on any scripture... so my thoughts then are nil and void of this discussion...
I think it would be a good study

and I disagree that all christian churches came from her, the church was formed by Christ and in the book of acts we see how it spread. The true church has always been around, if she is not part of it, it does not mean she is the begining. It means it survived inspite of her

the problem is they want to see a physical traditional church with some name, it was not that way in acts.so only by looking at that could we not see what the real church is..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look up. Jerusalem is free.
2 Corinthians 5:17-18 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. [18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
She is free, and will be restored fully when Christ returns and he sits on davids throne. And all the nations come to see him there

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it would be a good study

and I disagree that all christian churches came from her, the church was formed by Christ and in the book of acts we see how it spread. The true church has always been around, if she is not part of it, it does not mean she is the begining. It means it survived inspite of her

the problem is they want to see a physical traditional church with some name, it was not that way in acts.so only by looking at that could we not see what the real church is..

I absolutely agree it will be a good study... I think Josho actually started it because I got so excited... LOL... HOWEVER I do not have the bible knowledge to participate...

When I said all Christian churches come from her... I guess I mean it like a family tree type thing... NOT everyone is BELIEVING the LIES and PERVERSIONS.... HER bride is found in all denominations... I wasn't bashing denominations... I was stating that I believe the Harlot is all the perversions... all the false preachers and all the evil done by representatives of HIS BRIDE.... I am talking about the FALSE representatives.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely agree it will be a good study... I think Josho actually started it because I got so excited... LOL... HOWEVER I do not have the bible knowledge to participate...

When I said all Christian churches come from her... I guess I mean it like a family tree type thing... NOT everyone is BELIEVING the LIES and PERVERSIONS.... HER bride is found in all denominations... I wasn't bashing denominations... I was stating that I believe the Harlot is all the perversions... all the false preachers and all the evil done by representatives of HIS BRIDE.... I am talking about the FALSE representatives.
This I agree with if she is the harlot

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Revelation 1:1 KJV
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Keep in mind that shortly after John recorded these letters to the church Rome came and totally destroyed the temple and pretty much all the Jews that were in that region

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm beginning to believe that judaizers did corrupt the original established church and what we have now is a confused mess. You know it's not to far from Jerusalem to rome?
Very early after the resurrection and ascension of Jesus the corruption of what He taught and demonstrated began. At that time the judaizers would have possibly led the pack, but the corrupting has continued from that day to this. Many are quick to point at the Catholic Church, but the culprit is people who follow their own head or the heads of their leaders instead of Jesus, who is the Head. There have always been a few from then [the ascension of Jesus] to now who have continued to seek first things first according to God. Those who have not [the majority?] would or should be the corrupters it seems to me... without regard to their church affiliation or the lack thereof.

Maybe philip is right, maybe I'm an antichrist wolf?
@Philip James from what I have seen continues to seek more so than some who are not formal Catholics who are often quick to blast him because he is. Is Jesus not the Head, the one to whom we should be looking first rather than to any named, or unnamed assemblage of peoples someone calls church?

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time." I John 2:18

John wrote those words about 2,000 years ago. They still apply to any today really working against Jesus [the corruptors] in any measure to making a bigger mess and a greater confusion of it all. Those seeking at times to follow the Head as led by the Holy Spirit are formed or are being formed so as to fit perfectly as a part of the building, the Body of Christ. In the measure that any of them quenches the Holy Spirit are not they also working now as an antichrist? Double-mindedness? When and if we are still mixtures of the things of men and the things of God, who would we suppose is ever not at times working against Jesus? Who has not yet completely overcome the world of his own carnal temptations by means of the Holy Spirit? To the extent that anyone has not...?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev_17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
Catholic church is the mother of all mens religions.

Why do you think He said,

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
He said to completely separate yourself doctrinally from the Roman Catholic Church.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I have decided to start a new thread about The great harlot mentioned in Revelation chapter 17.

"Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.” So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement. But the angel said to me, “Why did you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns. The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. “Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition. “The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast. These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast. These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of Lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.” Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues. And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

Many people claim to know who the woman in Revelation chapter 17 is, in verse 18 it says "And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth."

So what is that great city? I guess more to point which city is the modern day Babylon? Who is Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots mentioned in Revelation?
Rome.

Ecumenical Rome, with over 1 billion present followers.

God hates the RCC and will leave Rome uninhabitable for the entire 1000 year reign of Christ as a memorial to it's disastrous effect on Christianity.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OH NO..... @Truther ... I have been hiding from you... this is the ONLY thread I am commenting on... OH YARG!!!! LOL

Reactions: Truther

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:D

@Truther ... Do you think ROME is the only offender??? ( meaning RCC?? )... I think the harlot covers much wider ground than that... I think she is the entire WRATH of those who have PERVERTED and BLEMISHED the BRIDE of CHRIST... This is NOT only the Catholic Church... it is all those who have come after also.

I had to say that but really... JUST keep it in your pocket... as I am not really contributing on here... as I don't have enough biblical knowledge.... I need to keep things SIMPLE... so... I get a medal for WANTING... but 0 points for being able to... Have a wonderful day....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amadeus

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Excellent post.

The feet of the image in Daniel that shows iron/clay mixed is Rome...ecumenical Rome.

The feet are what Jesus(rock) strikes directly to topple the image.

Jesus will directly attack the RCC and annihilate Rome upon his reign on earth, leaving it permanently unihabitable for 1000 years(always).

God hates a fraud.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God hates a fraud.[/QUOTE]

Those are along the lines of what I am thinking.... HE WILL NOT BE MOCKED... People have mistaken HIS silence and patience for a PUSH OVER GOD.... They do not understand the WRATHFUL and VENGEFUL GOD of JUSTICE... God is all about JUSTICE... and a great many people have walked all over that truth.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rome.

Ecumenical Rome, with over 1 billion present followers.

God hates the RCC and will leave Rome uninhabitable for the entire 1000 year reign of Christ as a memorial to it's disastrous effect on Christianity.
Where in scripture is this found. Especially your second comment about rome

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe philip is right, maybe I'm an antichrist wolf?

Hello Waiting,

Why would you think that those passages apply to you?
Did you abandon the Church and call out others to follow your own heterodox opinions? Do you prey on the innocent?

I could probably list dozens of names from the last 2000 years that fit that description, but I don't think I implied that you were one of them..

Perhaps something tweaked your conscience?

Really shocked philip says the RC is in the shadow of Judaism?
Maybe I misunderstood?

More likely I wasn't clear enough..

Israel according to the flesh is the shadow of the Church.

Peace be with you!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He said to completely separate yourself doctrinally from the Roman Catholic Church.

Now that's just silly,

Would you deny the Incarnation?
The virgin birth?
The Passion?
The Resurrection?
That Jesus Christ is Lord?

We are not your enemy!

Peace be with you!