The Hell Doctrine - No doctrinal unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not the one butchering our Bible with opinions.
Its no opinion when Jesus clearly teaches that the one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD..No opinion just truth from Jesus. The question is why do you reject his truth? Errors translated in is why.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its no opinion when Jesus clearly teaches that the one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD..No opinion just truth from Jesus. The question is why do you reject his truth? Errors translated in is why.
Why are you dodging NWT that says Jesus is God? And why do you avoid quoting Scripture???

NWT Isaiah 44 This is what Jehovah says,The King of Israel and his Repurchaser, Jehovah of armies: ‘I am the first and I am the last.

NWT Rev 1
17 I am the First and the Last, 18 and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever,

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I presented FACTS!

I quote Jesus. They are His 'threats'.

Matthew 5
Whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.

You're just filled with irony!

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Rev 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.'

Couldn't be any clearer!
The only one who promised Adam life in disobedience was the great deceiver. And the declaration of the serpent to Eve in Eden—“Ye shall not surely die”—was the first sermon ever preached upon the immortality of the soul. Yet this declaration, that sinners have eternal life, resting solely upon the authority of Satan, is echoed from the pulpits of Christendom and repeated ad nauseum on Christian forums, and is received by the majority of mankind as readily as it was received by our first parents.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only one who promised Adam life in disobedience was the great deceiver. And the declaration of the serpent to Eve in Eden—“Ye shall not surely die”—was the first sermon ever preached upon the immortality of the soul. Yet this declaration, that sinners have eternal life, resting solely upon the authority of Satan, is echoed from the pulpits of Christendom and repeated ad nauseum on Christian forums, and is received by the majority of mankind as readily as it was received by our first parents.
Then why did Jesus warn us several times about the EVERLASTING FIRE? Hell will be filled with people who ignored His warnings!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you dodging NWT that says Jesus is God? And why do you avoid quoting Scripture???

NWT Isaiah 44 This is what Jehovah says,The King of Israel and his Repurchaser, Jehovah of armies: ‘I am the first and I am the last.

NWT Rev 1
17 I am the First and the Last, 18 and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever,
Best believe Jesus-God told you to= This is my son the beloved in whom i am well pleased-LISTEN TO HIM.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Best believe Jesus-God told you to= This is my son the beloved in whom i am well pleased-LISTEN TO HIM.
You seem to have a terrible problem. You call our Bible errors and Satanic, and then you reject your own JW NWT perfectly clear doctrine that Jesus is God. You don't seem to have any Bible except your own personal bible.

John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people that don't want to go to the eternal fiery torment of Hell accept Christ as Lord and Savior and try to be good and do good.

Some people that don't want to go to the eternal fiery torment of Hell spend their lives trying to prove that there is no Hell or it is not that bad and that Christ is not a God, just a nice guy making suggestions, but there no reason to obey Him. Live as you like….no ramifications.

Some people that don't want to go to the eternal fiery torment of Hell, end up in the eternal fire place of agony and screams because they spent their lives trying to prove there was no Hell and that Christ is not a God.

Of coarse their screams of agony will be the loudest because they will be in the lowest and hottest level of Hell because of all the souls they lead there because they believed their lies!

Satan back along time ago told Adam and Eve the ultimate lie and now in the New Age these people tell others another ultimate lie, that Hell does not exist or was not that bad and Christ was / is not God.

Paul had an answer for those kind of people…hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord. This is probably where the Church got the idea of burning people at the stake….which would have happened to these people if they were preaching this garbage in those days.

The Johnny Appleseed of Truth and the Truth is that Yeshua is the Son of God and through His divine power we are saved from Hell and the gates of Heaven are open to us. Those that do not believe this already have a place reserved for them in the fierly furnace of Hell and they will burn and scream in agony forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were living a fantasy ya know to each their own, but what you got going between your ears can harm other people
Have you never read the account of when Jesus visited Simon's house?

Luke 7:44-50
And turning toward the woman, He said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave Me no kiss; but she has not stopped kissing My feet since the time I came in. You did not anoint My head with oil, but she anointed My feet with perfume. For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but the one who is forgiven little, loves little.” And He said to her, “Your sins have been forgiven.” And then those who were reclining at the table with Him began saying to themselves, “Who is this man who even forgives sins?” And He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

You trust in fear; Jesus trusts in love.
Does fear save you? No.
Does love save you? Yes.

Fear of hell saved no one.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And turning toward the woman, He said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave Me no kiss; but she has not stopped kissing My feet since the time I came in. You did not anoint My head with oil, but she anointed My feet with perfume. For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but the one who is forgiven little, loves little.” And He said to her, “Your sins have been forgiven.” And then those who were reclining at the table with Him began saying to themselves, “Who is this man who even forgives sins?” And He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Does fear save you? No.
Does love save you? Yes.

Philippians 2
12 Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does fear save you? No.
Does love save you? Yes.

What do you think of this parable? How does it apply?

Matthew 25:14-30
14 “For it is just like a man about to go on a journey, who called his own slaves and entrusted his possessions to them. 15 To one he gave five talents, to another, two, and to another, one, each according to his own ability; and he went on his journey. 16 Immediately the one who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and gained five more talents. 17 In the same manner the one who had received the two talents gained two more. 18 But he who received the one talent went away, and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19 “Now after a long time the master of those slaves *came and *settled accounts with them. 20 The one who had received the five talents came up and brought five more talents, saying, ‘Master, you entrusted five talents to me. See, I have gained five more talents.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’

22 “Also the one who had received the two talents came up and said, ‘Master, you entrusted two talents to me. See, I have gained two more talents.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’

24 “And the one also who had received the one talent came up and said, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow and gathering where you scattered no seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went away and hid your talent in the ground. See, you have what is yours.’

26 “But his master answered and said to him, ‘You wicked, lazy slave, you knew that I reap where I did not sow and gather where I scattered no seed. 27 Then you ought to have put my money in the bank, and on my arrival I would have received my money back with interest. 28 Therefore take away the talent from him, and give it to the one who has the ten talents.’

29 “For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 30 Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Luke 16
19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.
Hello @Jack,
This is an illustration given by our Lord to the Pharisees in order to expose the hypocrisy of their doctrine. It cannot be anything other than that for our Lord would not speak in a manner contrary to the testimony of Scripture, which this illustration does.

The Pharisees believed that the dead could communicate with the living. It was they whose doctrine spoke of a place called Abraham's bosom etc., (I don't have the time or the inclination to proceed on this, for it can become protracted when introduced into debate). The witness of the Scriptures themselves declare this to be mere Pharisaic doctrine, which the Lord was exposing, and not His teaching regarding the state of the dead.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Jack,
This is an illustration given by our Lord to the Pharisees in order to expose the hypocrisy of their doctrine. It cannot be anything other than that for our Lord would not speak in a manner contrary to the testimony of Scripture, which this illustration does.

The Pharisees believed that the dead could communicate with the living. It was they whose doctrine spoke of a place called Abraham's bosom etc., (I don't have the time or the inclination to proceed on this, for it can become protracted when introduced into debate). The witness of the Scriptures themselves declare this to be mere Pharisaic doctrine, which the Lord was exposing, and not His teaching regarding the state of the dead.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Should I believe you or Jesus?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Should I believe you or Jesus?
Hello @Jack,

It is the responsibility of each one of us, when reading the Scriptures, to compare Scripture with Scripture, to determine the truth that the Holy Spirit is teaching. Careful comparison of the wording of the Rich man and Lazarus with the testimony of the rest of Scripture will inform you. You need no other authority.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Brakelite

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Jack,

It is the responsibility of each one of us, when reading the Scriptures, to compare Scripture with Scripture, to determine the truth that the Holy Spirit is teaching. Careful comparison of the wording of the Rich man and Lazarus with the testimony of the rest of Scripture will inform you. You need no other authority.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Yes, it clearly is teaching the everlasting fire / Hell fire!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does fear save you? No.
Does love save you? Yes.

Again apparently you do not know who you are talking to.

I know the Bible backwards and forwards....been involved with one form or another of formal education on Christianity, languages, and history all my life....educated in 5 countries.

Christ is love and Christ gives Grace but you cannot play Him for a fool.

Twisting the Word of God will have dire consequences for you.
Your beliefs are wrong, sinful, and sacrilegious, Judgment Day will be a horrifying shock for you!
Now there is no reason to talk to me any further unless you want to repent because you will never prove your point.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Satan back along time ago told Adam and Eve the ultimate lie and now in the New Age these people tell others another ultimate lie, that Hell does not exist or was not that bad and Christ was / is not God.
The ultimate lie...ye shall not surely die.
And Christian preachers, including yourself, have been teaching that for centuries on no greater authority than Satan. Man is immortal. Yeah, right.
I know the Bible backwards and forwards....been involved with one form or another of formal education on Christianity, languages, and history all my life....educated in 5 countries.
KJV Jeremiah 9:23-24
23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

You may exalt in your education till the climate changes, but every time you promote eternal torment you demonstrate how much you need to get to know God and understand Him, and His character. As He declared above, He delights in lovingkindness, judgement, and righteousness. You must have missed those classes.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it clearly is teaching the everlasting fire / Hell fire!
Hello again, @Jack:

That is between yourself and your Maker my friend: not with me.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris