The History Of Christianity ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

musicworld

Apr 1, 2009
Canary Islands Tenerife
Hi to all ChristiansAfter much research and web surfing regarding the history of Christianity I'm still at a lose as to find out how it all began. I understand the first church came in to being at the start of Jesus and his disciples then after that was the Catholic church then the Reformation and then all the branches that broke off from the Catholic church then became protestants this I understand, but for a more clear understanding of how why and when all this happened would put me in a better view of it all meaning, would anybody have a history chart a map or a link so I could learn this information from ? I myself am a none denominational Christian with the belief of Solar Scriptura.Thank you Musicworld.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Hi to all ChristiansAfter much research and web surfing regarding the history of Christianity I'm still at a lose as to find out how it all began. I understand the first church came in to being at the start of Jesus and his disciples then after that was the Catholic church then the Reformation and then all the branches that broke off from the Catholic church then became protestants this I understand, but for a more clear understanding of how why and when all this happened would put me in a better view of it all meaning, would anybody have a history chart a map or a link so I could learn this information from ? I myself am a none denominational Christian with the belief of Solar Scriptura.Thank you Musicworld.
Hi there musicworld. Christianity you might be thinking of is created by men, because they are a religion. If you are looking for how it really begins...it starts at Genesis 1:1Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.Because Life and Truth in itself is Christianity. So I rather listen to God. Both Catholicism and Reformation (Protestant) are both in error on some says... because they both have right and wrong teachings and are unwillingly to change. (not referring to individual of people, bur rather groups) I don't find it necessary in my point of view to follow shadows.

gumby

May 29, 2009
It is shaped and molded after christ, hence the term christians
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Musicworld I dont know exactly what your looking for but heres a start havent really read this site so dont know how in depth it is I have a few saved some where will try to find them. http://www.saintignatiuschurch.org/timeline.htmlP.S.Just found one I had bookmarked that has click-able links and books available http://www.churchtimeline.com/

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Hi to all ChristiansAfter much research and web surfing regarding the history of Christianity I'm still at a lose as to find out how it all began.
I understand the first church came in to being at the start of Jesus and his disciples
then after that was the Catholic church then the Reformation and then all the branches that broke off from the Catholic church then became protestants this I understand, but for a more clear understanding of how why and when all this happened would put me in a better view of it all meaning, would anybody have a history chart a map or a link so I could learn this information from ? I myself am a none denominational Christian with the belief of Solar Scriptura.Thank you Musicworld.
Hi Musicworld... actually the first church began with Moses.Acts 7:38,38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and [with] our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us: The word ecclesia is the usual word translated “church” in the New Testament. It literally means “the called-out ones".The church of Israel was called out of Egypt at the Feast of Passover. Thus, it can also be thought of as the Passover Church.The second church was called the Pentecostal Church and it was established 50 days after the death of Jesus. It is what we have been living in for the past 2000 yrs. The Pentecostal Church Age was also typified by the reign of King Saul, the Pentecostal type of the Old Testament. Hence, we are given the forty “years” (Jubilees) of the PentecostalAge, during which time the Church was given opportunity tobring righteousness, peace, and the blessings of God's Kingdominto the earth.God made it clear from the beginning that He only gave them an earthly king because they had rejected God (Jesus) from being their king (1 Sam. 8:7; 10:19). Nevertheless, God also told Saul that if he would remain subject to King Jesus and not rebel by usurping His authority, then God would establish him forever as ruler in His Kingdom (1 Sam. 13:13, 14). However, this did not happen. And neither did it happen in the New Testament manifestation of King Saul—the Pentecostal Church of the past forty Jubilees. And so it is that even as God rejected Saul and chose David, so also has God rejected the Pentecostal Church in favor of the new David—Christ and the overcomers—in that great final Church, the Church of the Feast of Tabernacles.The overcomers have now replaced the Pentecostals as the ones divinely elected to bring righteousness, peace, and the blessings of God's Kingdom into the earth. They are the ones called to manifest Christ—to become the manifested sons of God, and to set all of creation free, as we read in Rom. 8:19-23.We are NOW the sons of God (1 John 3:2), but we are not yet manifested, or unveiled. Paul equates this unveiling with “the redemption of our body.” It is a manifestation in the earth that is pictured in Jesus' transfiguration (Matt. 17:2). It is being clothed with immortality (2 Cor. 5:4). It is being filled with all the fullness of God (Eph. 3:19).We are learning things about the Feast of Tabernacles (third church) that we did not know or understand previously. It may be that this is God's only purpose in this particular Tabernacles manifestation. It may be mostly a matter of personal revelation. But it might also be more. Either way, as long as we remain alert, we will benefit from the revelation of the Word.Logabe

musicworld

Apr 1, 2009
Canary Islands Tenerife
Hi Musicworld I dont know exactly what your looking for but heres a start havent really read this site so dont know how in depth it is I have a few saved some where will try to find them.http://www.saintigna...g/timeline.htmlP.S.Just found one I had bookmarked that has click-able links and books available http://www.churchtimeline.com/
Hi Christina, Thank! you for providing me with exactly! what I needed.Also thanks to everyone else.God BlessMw.