The Holy Martyrs of Iraq

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
It keeps pressing on me how blessed we are. We read about martyrs and the price they paid for their faith in history books. We are so far from persecution we can even spend idle time debating theology on an internet forum.

Today during church it really struck me that people are being martyred right now, being put to death because they refuse to convert to Islam and turn their back on Christ!

I'm praying for them. I think the whole Christian world is praying for them, but I'm also in awe of them that they cling to Jesus even when it costs them their life. I hope I will have such courage and pray that I will. History is being made right now and the Holy Martyrs Of Iraq will serve as an example to Christians for centuries to come if the Lord tarries.

God be with them and strengthen them!!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We prayed with these amazing men and women of the faith this morning - and that's a small town country Baptist church. We're small so I occasionally preach when the pastor needs it as a layperson, and I felt very compelled to talk about this situation some in my teaching this morning.

We here in America have no idea what these brothers and sisters are going through!

Reactions: Shirley

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
My wife and I have a Muslim woman staying with us at the moment and I regularly take her to see her relatives in
an extremely densely Muslim populated area on an almost daily basis.
You cannot believe the amount of hatred they have for the Jews.
Almost every other vehicle of theirs has a huge sticker stuck to the door either condemning Israel or saluting the
Palestinians and ISIS.
They even have people standing on the streets using megaphones preaching their hatred to the people.

Yes, we Christians definitely need to stand together in prayer for Israel, they really need it.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Enquirer said:
My wife and I have a Muslim woman staying with us at the moment and I regularly take her to see her relatives in
an extremely densely Muslim populated area on an almost daily basis.
You cannot believe the amount of hatred they have for the Jews.
Almost every other vehicle of theirs has a huge sticker stuck to the door either condemning Israel or saluting the
Palestinians and ISIS.
They even have people standing on the streets using megaphones preaching their hatred to the people.

Yes, we Christians definitely need to stand together in prayer for Israel, they really need it.
It goes to show how demonic this religion is, that it has so much seething hatred for the people of God. It's why I can't stand it when people try to cast Islam in the same light as Christianity and Judaism. How many Christians or Jews are demanding the blood of anyone who converts to a different religion? How many are giving the "convert or die" diktat?

It's not to say that all Muslims are demonic, but the religious system surely is. I'm assuming this woman you have in your home is very peaceful and pious or she wouldn't be there. I pray that goes well for you and thank you for making a difference with something more than just words!

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
@ Vale ...

Actually she's a friend of my wife's family and is no different from the rest of the haters.
Every once in a while I drop something into her mind and you can see the steam while her brain ponders what I've said.
The result is a hardened heart but I pray for her regularly that the Spirit of God would open her heart.
I don't believe that she's here by accident.
South Africa has a huge Muslim population and slowly but surely they are being converted.

Here's the thing that many don't know, Muslims embrace their faith but are open to go to fortune-tellers, witchdoctors, etc.
I know this AS A FACT.
I am well acquainted with a former Muslim turned Christian who is a now a Pastor with her husband.
Her testimony of Muslims going to other people like the witchdoctors, Hindu temples and even Christians to receive help
because their god doesn't help them is widespread and something they don't like to be made known but is true nonetheless.

Islam does not answer their needs and neither does a dead Christianity.
What they need to see is a vibrant living church with it's very relevant living God.