The Holy Sacrament is Spiritual

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you have any scripture to support that? I don't see the breaking of bread anywhere in scripture except for the sacrament.
No scripture is necessary as every jew reading or hearing the words would know what the words meant.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When you study this subject in its entirety as I have done, there is no such thing as communion

I would never deny what Jesus said during the last supper.
But i would also never conclude that what is honoring Christ..>"do this in Remembrance of me".....is required for Salvation.

See, one of the ways to escape "doctrines of devi's', .... Hebrews 13:9, ... and most center around "Salvation" theology, is simply to ask yourself..

1.) "did that die on the Cross for my Sin"? And if whatever is being presented as "do this to be saved or stay saved" didn't die on the Cross for your sin, then that Theology is a "doctrine of Devil's" being preached or taught by a deceiver.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you study this subject in its entirety as I have done, there is no such thing as communion
This is absurd. "The Eucharist, also known as Holy Communion and the Lord's Supper, is a Christian rite that is considered a sacrament in most churches, and as an ordinance in others." wikipedia

Apparently you haven't studied hard enough and/or you need to go to church and take part in the communion ritual.

Reactions: dev553344

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said it was. I am talking about eating someone's flesh and drinking their blood.
Now you're changing the subject. First you wrote that there is no such thing as communion, then you wrote that there is no such sacrament, now you're redefining it.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know as I have studied Jewish celebrations. I have not talked about sharing bread and wine,
You have "talked" about communion, which is sharing bread and wine. The same activity takes place at the seder..

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now you're changing the subject. First you wrote that there is no such thing as communion, then you wrote that there is no such sacrament, now you're redefining it.
Have fun going round the houses.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well when I took the sacrement I literally felt Jesus body near to mine in a way. And his is Holy and Virtuous. And I think that is what is meant. Sinning close to Jesus' body is bad.
I think you are inventing your own take on things which you will not find in scripture.