The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
<snip>

Yet, many here in these forums do not believe in OSAS doctrine? Go figure.

To God Be The Glory

I do, and have done for 40 yrs. :)

============================

( @bbyrd009 ..I KEEP on forgetting to say that I really like your signature line. Good one. I must say I dislike the people who have really BIG in your face, long signature lines... Thumbs up on yours...well said)

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ah well ty, it is a quote. (scientists and heretics make the best believers! :))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

should clarify right in here i guess. Pardon the MSG, for ref only
14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

v16 of course being an idealized statement, God please don't any of you who are convinced that you are saved already go glomming onto that one too lol

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit. what do Holy Spirit really mean?. Holy is his character, and Spirit is his nature. God is Holy, and Spirit. but this title of God reveals the Son and the Father. Holy as said, is God character, and when used metaphorically of the Greek word, G5207 υἱός huios (hwiy-yos'), it means "SON". and Spirit, which is his nature means "Father", Malachi 2:10a "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?".

conclusion: the title "Holy Spirit" reveals the true identity of God as "son" and "Father".

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, it depends upon the reader of course, but there should be some obvious parallels to dying to self here, wouldn't you think?
Bc trust me, Paul was not waiting to die to be with Jesus, ok
he was inviting the religious to store manna for tomorrow, if that is what they want to do

2 Corinthians 5:8
is merely stating a fact that when a born again individual dies he goes to be with the Lord.

Paul is a teacher of the Gospel and he knew full well only God can call him and to be with Him. Paul would not have contemplated a desire to commit suicide to be with the Lord, as some say, for he knew it is a sin to commit self murder which suicide is.

Off hand and I can’t remember the scripture reference, Paul desired it would be far better for him to remain longer for the sake of the believers, because he had so much more to teach, than to be with the Lord at that moment.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
2 Corinthians 5:8 is merely stating a fact that when a born again individual dies he goes to be with the Lord.
yes, that is the surface story, and i do not disagree that it is true, as far as that goes.
When anything dies, their spirit goes back to God, Who gave it, yes

but as the subsequent vv illuminate...ah, i'll just wait for you to get to that post

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Paul desired it would be far better for him to remain longer for the sake of the believers, because he had so much more to teach, than to be with the Lord at that moment.
prolly in here, Paul desired it would be far better for him to remain longer for the sake of the believers, because he had so much more to teach, than to be with the Lord at that moment. - Google Search

bam bring it up and we can look at it, too, but the same thing is going on there, ok; Paul is writing a carefully constructed sentence in order to hide wisdom from the wise. He would rather be teaching, doing what God wants of him, than communing with God, at that moment iow

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

v16 of course being an idealized statement, God please don't any of you who are convinced that you are saved already go glomming onto that one too lol

understand the implications of vv 14-15, iow

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

understand the implications of vv 14-15, iow

If you believe Jesus died for "all" then rightly so "all" go to be with Him upon death, because no one has to give an account for his sins any longer, since all of his sins are forgiven, correct? But in fact, hell will heavily be populated.

VV 14-15 must be read in light of Matthew 1:21 which reads:
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall
save his people from their sins."

Not each and every one's sins

If you understood the meaning of the 1st Resurrection then you will have understood Salvation.

Most definitely we have been saved from the moment we became born again.

To God Be The Glory

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, twinc, as the First Son, the Good Samaritan, and any practicing Muslim might witness here.
Whether any Christians at all have the Spirit is debatable, i guess. They mostly seem to run on denial

You're a christian. Do you have the Spirit?

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone is listening byrd:eek: are you Christian, do you have the Spirit? I already know the answer, cannot wait to see your reply;).

bbyrd009 said:
yes, twinc, as the First Son, the Good Samaritan, and any practicing Muslim might witness here.
Whether any Christians at all have the Spirit is debatable, i guess. They mostly seem to run on denial

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Everyone is listening byrd:eek: are you Christian, do you have the Spirit? I already know the answer, cannot wait to see your reply;).

I find the questions above a little annoying, but mostly, saddening. I have tried to stay out of the "disagreement" and not take sides, for I like the two of you.

Almost anyone of us could be judged as not having the "Spirit" for some reason or other by another who holds / clings to a different opinion(s) / position / perspective. It is all too easy and far too many claim they have some mystical "Spirit". To make such a claim, is meaningless from my perspective. Far too many use such as a means to try and prevent other from disagreeing with them. It is used as a crutch. So even should @bbyrd009 answer, it is more likely that neither would accept his answer anyway. Is it fair or right to lay a trap? Particularly the one who has already passed "judgment".

@EndTimeWine you claim you already know the answer, but who you to judge the servant of another. And such, I have read from you twice.

Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest the servant of another? to his own lord he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be made to stand; for the Lord hath power to make him stand.

Because they don't fit your perception(s) of what they should be?

So allow me to answer, for based upon one such as yourself, iow, using you as an example and just a couple of your posts that I read this evening: No, I would not claim to be "Christian". Do I have the "Spirit"? Neither of you qualified "Spirit", so it could be referring to any "spirit". So no, I do not have the "Spirit".

Satisfied? No, for the blood lust may likely only deepen from here.

If all you desire to do is judge, then I'm your huckleberry. Judge away. Bring it forth and pour it out upon me. Who made you the "accuser" of the brethren?

Jam 4:11 Speak not one against another, brethren. He that speaketh against a brother, or judgeth his brother, speaketh against the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judgest the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. 12 One only is the lawgiver and judge, even he who is able to save and to destroy: but who art thou that judgest thy neighbor?

Jam 5:9 Murmur not, brethren, one against another, that ye be not judged: behold, the judge standeth before the doors.

In sorrow,
Richard

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Message is a bad fit...because it is way off and not a translation. :D
Not a good one to use.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Richard_oti I read this in my devotions this morning.
It made me ponder...
"Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
* Be kindly affectioned one to another in brotherly love; in honour preferring one another.
*Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble."

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it fair or right to lay a trap?

Is it fair or right that the one you're defending gets to run around these forums condemning who he pleases? His fruit is rotten to the core. You can say what you will about me but the man is not a believer. He's even stated that fact in the recent past. There are others like him on this site and they all get a free pass to say what they will. Much of it is blasphemy or borders on it and no one says a word. That's not how it's supposed to work.

But I suppose you're right.

It's time for me to move on. I've overstayed my welcome.

You all have a good one...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

NO JOB...don't you dare....
Pease don't pull away... :(

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Is it fair or right that the one you're defending gets to run around these forums condemning who he pleases? His fruit is rotten to the core. You can say what you will about me but the man is not a believer. He's even stated that fact in the recent past. There are others like him on this site and they all get a free pass to say what they will. Much of it is blasphemy or borders on it and no one says a word. That's not how it's supposed to work.

Get back here Job!

I happen to understand to some degree where you both are in life. However, my post was more directed @EndTimeWine, for I read two posts by EndTimeWine that were not only questioning, but also judgmental.

I should have known better than to step in sh!t. Now I've gone and tracked it in the house and all over the carpet.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...I will see you in the morning....

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
@Richard_oti I read this in my devotions this morning.
It made me ponder...
"Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
* Be kindly affectioned one to another in brotherly love; in honour preferring one another.
*Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble."

Tis a good message... One that we should all ponder... Inclusive of myself right now.