The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is a friend of mine who asks for help when it comes to mental issues. They are a new believer in Christ, they just recently had faith alone in Jesus and thus they were saved. One important tool that all believers have (which will be everyone eventually in their own turn) is the Holy Ghost inside of them, otherwise known as the Comforter, the Advocate. He is God and can pray to Our Father in Heaven on our behalf, to ask us for things that can help us. It’s what makes every believer a temple of God, because the Spirit of the Lord rests inside all people that makes them righteous. It’s what cleans us to enter in Heaven. So the City of New Jerusalem will have everyone in the whole world there, but each person as their own temple of God, with the Holy Ghost inside each one. We were created with the breath of life breathed into the first human Adam, but now we will have the true breath of life, the Spirit of God, dwell inside all of us for permanent life.
· Joel 2:28 God's Spirit "will be poured out on ALL FLESH."

can.of.soup — 03/16/2023 1:03 AM
Living in a forest like area with all my dragons honestly sounds like a dream come true! XD I really love reading your answers, I love how enthusiastic you are and it makes me excited every time I see you’ve answered!

I was having a really tough time tonight, I struggle with some unchecked mental issues, but reading what you had sent me genuinely helped me calm down and I really truly thank you and the lord for that.

I think right now the only thing stopping me from truly saying I believe in Jesus Christ is that anxious feeling of “what if I’m actually lying to myself? What if I’m only saying these things to try and ease my fear of death?” I am a very anxious person and certainly an over thinker. I do know you helping me has opened up a little part of me who truly does believe, but there’s still that anxious voice in the back of my head telling me I’m lying to myself.

I never thought I’d be a Christian or even think any of this to be true because of those harmful stereotypes and those other Christian’s with evil intentions, but you’ve helped me quite a lot. I was always scared of religion, to be honest I started believing in Greek gods because all my friends were, but I think now I truly believe in Jesus Christ. When I die I want to be saved, I want to continue to live life with the comfort that there is something else out there, and.. ack I don’t know how to put this into words without it sounding as a form of greed, sometimes I have trouble formulating sentences. The little belief that my anxious voice hasn’t crushed fills me with comfort about what’s to come.

So I reply with the following
Prayer can move mountains :) Matthew 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. The latter “knocking on the door” I relate to when you first directly messaged me. To be honest, relative to the amount of people that I evangelize to, very few people take the initiative to directly ask me questions. So I was impressed, and continue to be impressed by your enthusiasm and curiosity! These answers are like “the door being opened”. So, I agree you made the right choice.

What completes that verse is your friend moving back, even if you didn’t specifically ask, the Spirit of God in all believers can ask for us.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

That’s why I agree when you say “there’s no way it can simply be a coincidence”. Everything you experienced lines up perfectly with scripture. Even your sudden bad luck turned good. Historically, I’ve been fortunate enough to witness many events falling into place too perfectly like this, for me these experiences of yours must surely be a sign.

It truly warms my heart that you would like to remain friends. It’s more than okay with me to continue being friends. In truth, I see all who are friends of mine as permanent friends. Just like how the Holy Spirit is permanently dwelling within you, and within me, so too will I always remain your friend :)

I always have many things to say, and find it hard to find those who will listen, so I thank you as well for hearing me out and for your responses. You’ve also helped me, aided me in organizing my thoughts, in having the opportunity to research topics that I haven’t thought of yet. When I think of your salvation, I humble myself and I’m very very grateful to the Lord of Hosts for providing me with this special opportunity. <3

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!”

Romans 10:15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

In terms of remaining, of course, I have no idea how much “time remaining” I have on Earth, and on these websites. I’ve been banned from Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, account banned and IP banned from other Christian forums ironically enough lol (not all who claim to be “Christian” are loving unfortunately), shadow-banned from Reddit, Roblox servers and Discord servers. In case this Discord account ever gets banned, my email address [email protected] will serve as a good backup line of communication.