The Imperatives in Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply hope that all participants will stay on the topic of the OP, which to summarize, How the Imperatives of Scripture teach us to walk in love and service, as we minister God's love to others. How the Imperatives of Scripture divide between true and false.

Much love!
It does my friend . this is why its dire needful for us to use ALL the scriptures . both the promises
and the warnings . That we follow the pattern THEY SET FOR US to the T . TO THE T . cause
if we alter the pattern in any way , prepare for leaven and destruction to rise up and destroy the place from within .
You dont know how many churches i have watched begin down that road . EVERY ONE that DID
FELL and FELL AWAY BIG TIME . EVERY WORD mark . EVERY warning must be used , every promise must be reminded .
ITS ALL GOOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks said.........
Screenshot_20230522-131159~2.png

LAMENTATIONS CHAPTER 3 KJV

21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

so should our mercy, love & forgiveness be.........

PTL / AMEN !

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is giving us a pathway to Him. I've come to learn that the security of His love and reconciliation is what a loving and service filled Christian life is built on. We can devote ourselves to others with the same devotion God has towards us, the same love for others as His love for us.

Because I have no rebuttal to the answer you gave to it…

Did I miss something?
That wasn't meant to be an answer, actually. Perhaps I should have given it a new paragraph.

Jude 1:20-21 KJV

20) But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21) Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Do you know why we look for mercy? And, How does this keep us in God's love?

Why is it that we are to look for His mercy?

It's because sometimes we get carried away and fail to realize we've gone off coarse into sin, even as children of God. Because no man is sufficient unto himself to know of a certainty that, "I do NOT sin!" Because we are still in our corrupted flesh, and that remains so until the corruptible puts on incorruptibility.

We are to look for His mercy because it is hubris to think we don't need it.

That's how I'd answer the first question.

Much love!

Reactions: Keturah and Johann

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks said.........
View attachment 32849

22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

PTL / AMEN !
That font is straining my old man eyes . . .

Much love!

• Haha
Reactions: Keturah

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PTL / AMEN !
Amen!

And,

Malachi 3:6 KJV
For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I thinks it's the default font.......
Should I make it larger?
bolder ?
It's the large font, that's the one that hurts to read. I have SPS, generally an huge blessing, but sometimes not so much! The high contrast of that big bold black font against the bright white background, too much! I truly appreciate your care!

Much love!

• Love

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the large font, that's the one that hurts to read. I have SPS, generally an huge blessing, but sometimes not so much! The high contrast of that big bold black font against the bright white background, too much! I truly appreciate your care!

Much love!
This one is small, the other was medium. Again sorry . Medium was what was recommended in the settings..I'm using a mobile......let me know, folks!

Reactions: marks and Johann

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one is small, the other was medium. Again sorry . Medium was what was recommended in the settings..I'm using a mobile......let me know, folks!
I think I'd hate to see "large"!

Much love!

• Haha

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That wasn't meant to be an answer, actually. Perhaps I should have given it a new paragraph.

20) But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21) Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Do you know why we look for mercy? And, How does this keep us in God's love?

Why is it that we are to look for His mercy?

It's because sometimes we get carried away and fail to realize we've gone off coarse into sin, even as children of God. Because no man is sufficient unto himself to know of a certainty that, "I do NOT sin!" Because we are still in our corrupted flesh, and that remains so until the corruptible puts on incorruptibility.

We are to look for His mercy because it is hubris to think we don't need it.

That's how I'd answer the first question.

Much love!
Well said, my brother, well said.
Johann.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is an imperative . . . actually several . . .

Do you know why we look for mercy? How does this keep us in God's love?
@Michiah-Imla

In essence my first answer is that it is hubris to think we don't still need our Savior's mercy. My answer to the second question comes from this.

How does this keep us in God's love? We cannot depend on our own performance to maintain our acceptability to God, and if we are, we are not depending on Christ. Knowing that we depend on His mercy, we can also know that He is merciful to those who are trusting in Christ. The more deeply you know this, the more deeply you will love Him, and know His love for you. The more certain you are of His mercy, the more certain you will be of His love, and the more open your heart will be towards Him.

Freedom is in doing good works for our God not under threat, but under mercy. Not from compulsion, but because we live a new life.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann and Keturah

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot depend on our own performance to maintain our acceptability to God

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God” (2 Timothy 2:15)

Freedom is in doing good works for our God not under threat

“Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 7:1)

But:

“There is no fear of God before their eyes.” (Romans 3:18)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God” (2 Timothy 2:15)
This is non-sequitor . . .

“Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 7:1)
And this.

Salvation is by faith through grace.

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is by faith through grace.

“…If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:23)

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)