The Imperatives in Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can disagree but logic would differ @Johann.

The Bible is a great material book for the individual to grow in knowledge of God, and spiritual principles.

It is up to the individual to decide what they will do - and it's not demanded or commanded on anyone to do otherwise.

1 Peter was written to a bunch of Jewish people there were dispersed.

Just read the first verse here:

and I am not saying that learning, and growing, or implementing spiritual principles in ones life is WRONG.
mans carnal logic is what disagrees mathew . Stop following your carnal reasoning . Rather OBEY what was written .
Paul nor any other who wrote to the church ever did so with the mindset that what they were writing
was mere suggestions that the church could not do . Rather it was what the CHURCH SHOULD DO .
I wonder how well that mindset you bring would work upon parents of children who told their children
to DO something and then the child said oh i thought what you said was a suggestion , not something they should do .
YOU are the one reasoning with CARNAL LOGIC . and the carnal mind will never and can never be subject unto GOD .
Always an excuse . Oh this was wrote for this person , this was wrote for that person .
NO it was wrote TO CHURCHES . TO THOSE WHOSE FAITH WAS IN JESUS .
James nor Christ were speaking suggestions . This generation will make any excuse of how to find a way
to go around what was written , rather than just OBEYING what was written .
But here is a reminder . IF any OBEYS NOT ......................THAT AINT A SUGGESTION mathew .
You are finding ways to pick and choose what YOU want to believe and what YOU want to follow .
Lambs dont do that mathew . Lambs LOVE . thus lambs OBEY . lest ye be converted as little children .
Stop trying to find ways around DOING and rather just OBEY what was written . LIVE IT , LOVE IT , EMBRACE IT
CLING TO IT , TRUST IN IT , FOLLOW GOD and not men . FOLLOW CHRIST and not carnal reasonings .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mans carnal logic is what disagrees mathew . Stop following your carnal reasoning . Rather OBEY what was written .
Paul nor any other who wrote to the church ever did so with the mindset that what they were writing
was mere suggestions that the church could not do . Rather it was what the CHURCH SHOULD DO .
I wonder how well that mindset you bring would work upon parents of children who told their children
to DO something and then the child said oh i thought what you said was a suggestion , not something they should do .
YOU are the one reasoning with CARNAL LOGIC . and the carnal mind will never and can never be subject unto GOD .
Always an excuse . Oh this was wrote for this person , this was wrote for that person .
James nor Christ were speaking suggestions . This generation will make any excuse of how to find a way
But here is a reminder . IF any OBEYS NOT ......................THAT AINT A SUGGESTION mathew .
You are finding ways to pick and choose what YOU want to believe and what YOU want to follow .
Lambs dont do that mathew . Lambs LOVE . thus lambs OBEY . lest ye be converted as little children .
Stop trying to find ways around DOING and rather just OBEY what was written . LIVE IT , LOVE IT , EMBRACE IT
CLING TO IT , TRUST IN IT , FOLLOW GOD and not men . FOLLOW CHRIST and not carnal reasonings .

I never said never follow christ,

Never believe in God,

Never use the bible

@amigo de christo still doing the same ol thing my man. I love you but Are you just forgetful?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daily I am exited coming to the Forum-hoping to learn and be corrected, and hopefully sharing things that would be spiritually beneficial for others.
You have a blessed day @MatthewG
Johann.
I truly wish some people would have well examined not only themselves but those who they are writing too .
You do realize we got some here that dont even believe muslims and others need to repent of their religion .
You know what i notice about a lot of people . Most will always find a way to go around SOME things written .
They will come up with any logic to justify why something can be overlooked , not obeyed , not followed .
But i notice lambs DO NO SUCH THING . lambs embrace WHAT was written . THEY dont
try and say certain parts of the letters applied ONLY to this or that person . NO lambs SEE every letter written
as well as every GOD INSPIRED WORD that was written , AS LOVELY and GOOD , TO be loved and obeyed .
Lambs do not and will not try and find a way around TRUTH .
CHARITY itself will never try and find a way around truth . CHARITY actually REJOICES IN TRUTH .
IN the end it will not have mattered if i followed part of the TRUTH i liked and was partial , for that mindset
was never of GOD , of CHRIST . If i pick and choose parts of the bible then WHERE was the PROOF i was HIS .
I am so wore out with watching people find ways to go around parts of the bible

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
save-image.png

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said never follow christ,

Never believe in God,

Never use the bible

@amigo de christo still doing the same ol thing my man. I love you but Are you just forgetful?
You pick and choose what to follow , what to obey .
You might not say by mouth to not follow JESUS , but when you teach ways to go around what HE taught
and the apostels taught , YOU are teaching TO NOT FOLLOW CHRIST

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
save-image.png

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I truly wish some people would have well examined not only themselves but those who they are writing too .
You do realize we got some here that dont even believe muslims and others need to repent of their religion .
You know what i notice about a lot of people . Most will always find a way to go around SOME things written .
They will come up with any logic to justify why something can be overlooked , not obeyed , not followed .
But i notice lambs DO NO SUCH THING . lambs embrace WHAT was written . THEY dont
try and say certain parts of the letters applied ONLY to this or that person . NO lambs SEE every letter written
as well as every GOD INSPIRED WORD that was written , AS LOVELY and GOOD , TO be loved and obeyed .
Lambs do not and will not try and find a way around TRUTH .
CHARITY itself will never try and find a way around truth . CHARITY actually REJOICES IN TRUTH .
IN the end it will not have mattered if i followed part of the TRUTH i liked and was partial , for that mindset
was never of GOD , of CHRIST . If i pick and choose parts of the bible then WHERE was the PROOF i was HIS .
I am so wore out with watching people find ways to go around parts of the bible
Brother, much has been given us, here, in real time, I see lot of suffering and hardship-maybe, just maybe, we can extend the right hand of fellowship without compromising on the Scriptures.

Gal_6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Why are you so worn out watching people? We are strangers/pilgrims, living in a world foreign to us, with a god foreign to us.

Cheer up brother, we all stumble in this race, here-allow me to give you a helping paw-eyes on Christ, fixed upon Him, the cross, and do not allow the slough of despondency to overwhelm you.

Shalom to you and family @amigo de christo
Johann

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this thread on the Indicatives and Imperatives coming to a screeching halt?
The beauty of it is , If God , His Christ , the apostels all said do , then do
and all they said not to do , do not do .
Real simple . Now let all that draws breath praise and thank the glorious Lord .
march onwards in the LORD my friend .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Imperatives in Scripture​

OP^

* ALL human bodies SHALL die, MUST die.
(God requires it.)

* The LIFE of a human BODY, is it’s BLOOD.

* The LIFE of a soul IN a human BODY, is Gods BREATH.

* The LIFE of a “natural” spirit IN a human Body, is “natural TRUTH in a man’s HEART.

* God has OFFERED every Alive human MAN and ORDER and WAY…(by the POWER of God)
~ FOR a mans BODY, to be MADE “SPIRITUAL” (Glorified) everlasting.
~ FOR a mans SOUL, to be MADE “RESTORED” (Saved) everlasting.
~ FOR a mans SPIRIT, to be MADE “REBORN”
(Of Gods SEED, Given Gods TRUTH) everlasting.

Imperative…
Hear, Learn, Freely Choose, Commit or Reject.

* Hear, Learn, Freely Choose, Commit…
Body, Soul, Spirit….SHALL receive Offering.
Caveat…
* Make NO decision OR Reject…
Body, Soul, Spirit….SHALL NOT receive Offering.

Warning…
Per thousands of years, hundreds of days…
A single human mans life span IS SHORT.

Warning…
* Preparation, Preparation, Preparation…
* God KNOWS when every human SHALL DIE.
* God HAS Prepared a PLACE for every human, body, soul, spirit.
* Man has ONLY his SHORT LIFE SPAN to decide, choose, commit to his own ETERNAL fate.

Every day humans spend an enormous amount of time “PREPARING” for all kinds of things….And sadly, days, weeks, years go by without some humans giving an ounce of thought or “PREPARATION” for their eternal fate.

Glory to God,
Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OP^

(God requires it.)

* The LIFE of a “natural” spirit IN a human Body, is “natural TRUTH in a man’s HEART.

Imperative…

Caveat…

Warning…

Warning…
* Man has ONLY his SHORT LIFE SPAN to decide, choose, commit to his own ETERNAL fate.

Every day humans spend an enormous amount of time “PREPARING” for all kinds of things….And sadly, days, weeks, years go by without some humans giving an ounce of thought or “PREPARATION” for their eternal fate.

Glory to God,
Taken
Choose ye this day to learn that bible for ourselves . Choose ye this day to TRUST IN THAT GOD and in HIS CHRIST
and in all sound doctrine left to us in the bible . Real simple indeed . What men through acroynms
or love of sins have made complicated can be cured by the GOD of the bible . Let us read it for ourselves
and let us not believe the lie that one cannot learn the bible for themselves . CURE TIME . Mankind is the problem
THE GOD , HIS CHRIST OF THE BIBLE IS THE CURE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OP^

(God requires it.)

Imperative…

Caveat…

Warning…

Warning…

Glory to God,
Taken
PS there is only one cure , one preparation for ones eternal fate . JESUS CHRIST the CHRIST OF GOD
and in THE BIBLE WE LEARN HIM WELL .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Choose ye this day to learn that bible for ourselves . Choose ye this day to TRUST IN THAT GOD and in HIS CHRIST
and in all sound doctrine left to us in the bible . Real simple indeed . What men through acroynms
or love of sins have made complicated can be cured by the GOD of the bible . Let us read it for ourselves
and let us not believe the lie that one cannot learn the bible for themselves . CURE TIME . Mankind is the problem
THE GOD , HIS CHRIST OF THE BIBLE IS THE CURE .
Amen brother!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God killed people for not obeying.

Was all that just for fun?

Or, so that we wise up and not make foolish proclamations of never perishing no matter how we behave?

Here’s the answer:

“And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” (2 Timothy 3:15)
Will God kill His Own children whom He Himself died to redeem? No, He will make them ever more like Himself, and in the ages to come He will show the riches of His mercy through the kindness He shows us.

If you think you are earning your salvation through your good behavior, you need to switch your standard to God's, and His is absolute.

Paul himself told us that only Jesus can tell us what's really in our hearts, we aren't even qualified to know. Keep yourself in God's love, looking for the mercy being brought to us in Jesus Christ.

Please don't bother this thread with claims that we just want freedom to sin, that is such utter nonesense!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They’re not Commandments for us to obey, for they were never written to us. However, they can be incorporated by the spirit of Course.
Being a gentile Christian in the present age, I look at Paul's teachings, the apostle to the gentiles, as directly pertinent to me. Yes, their letters were addressed to others, and with instructions in some cases to be read to other churches.

Jesus Himself, "He who has an ear to hear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

I really encourage you to relook at the Scriptures as God's love letter written to you, yourself. I hear Him so personally in His Word, yet it means that I hear it as His voice to me, and in His voice to me are these many Imperatives. It's the voice behind me saying, not that way, turn this way, even like your dashboard navigation does.

Much love!