The Imperatives in Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:23
Scripture against Scripture is a mistaken approach, as if one negates the other. There is harmony without negating anything.

We are saved by grace through faith, and not of works - true.

If you continue, this is you - true.

If you don't continue, this is not you - true.

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture against Scripture is a mistaken approach

If you don’t continue in the faith grounded and settled, the salvation of God you freely received will be lost.

PERIOD.

All the vain speeches scripture deniers post don’t change what the scriptures say one iota.

Gainsay and resist all you want.

God has spoken through his word!

Hear, heed, and obey.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For me, the imperatives of scripture about prayer are the most important.

"Pray that your flight not be in Winter or on the Sabbath"
"Pray that you be worthy to escape the things that are coming to pass and to stand before the Son of Man"

Believers really need to grasp that scripture is not giving the experienced believer a choice: they must pray!

If you don't know what to pray, just after you have been told "pray this" God help you, I what I guess I am saying.

Reactions: marks and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I like about the many commandments we are given in scripture is that they all come down to loving God and also others. And by the directives we can certainly learn what love is. If we study enough.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don’t continue in the faith grounded and settled, the salvation of God you freely received will be lost.

PERIOD.

All the vain speeches scripture deniers post don’t change what the scriptures say one iota.

Hear, heed, and obey.
If we want to also learn the love of GOD i suggest we get dug in the bible .
Cause most churches are now preaching a love that has come from the world . Its humanized
and the image of GOD its creating and has created , is just that an image . It aint coming from GOD .
Do you ever wonder why GOD so often warned . And why folks ought to HEED said warnings .
WHY is it that paul said to behold BOTH the goodness and severity of GOD .
WHY does GOD warn . CAUSE HE KNOWS That evil will be destroyed . HIS desire is GOOD FOR US
Its why HE even sent CHRIST so that we could escape the RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT of HIS WRATH .
But the problem is , due to a humanistic love . The SEVERITY OF GOD has long been removed .
More and more they have molded an image of what THEY SEE to be GOODNESS
And it sure aint the goodness of GOD at all . Its embracing sins , its calling those who do correct haters and judgmental .
I wonder what most folks would have called paul and the apostels . I mean if they walked into churches
you can bet Correction would come with them .
But today any time we try and correct or even dare to speak about the severity of GOD
all they can say at most is , HEY GOD IS LOVE . WELL YEAH , i KNOW HE IS .
BUT he wont deny HIS OWN SELF , HIS OWN RIGHTEOUS JUDMGENTS .
And HE sure aint gonna accept sins and call them good .
We got us a problem in christendom today .
A big one too . They have omitted the severity and warnings of GOD
They have preached a goodness that wont lead to repentance , but rather only to acceptance of sins .
And if a man dares to expose evil , He makes himself a prey to their attacks , teeth and is accused of being legalistic
a pharisee , a condenmer , a hater , an anti christ , a devil , a son of perdtion . Believe me , I KNOW
i been called all those things and more . Even when i try and correct
this huge lie about muslims and other religions serving the same GOD we do . EVEN THEN i been
called an agent of satan , an anti christ . EVEN THE GOSPEL IS UNDER DIRECT ATTACK and all they holler is GOD IS LOVE
and away with you haters . ITS GETTING WORSE my friend . MUCH WORSE . BUT ,
let me remind us all .
BEHOLD both the severity and goodness of GOD .
AND dont be highmind . TRUE its goodness towards us whose faith is in CHRIST , IF ONE CONTINUES
IN HIS GOODNESS , otherwise YE shall be CUT OUT TOO . Even that reminder gets attacked .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PERIOD.

Hear, heed, and obey.
This gen dont like the R WORD or the O WORD at all . REPENT and OBEY is not embraced in this generation at all .
Lovers of pleasures , now that is EMBRACED and its embraced BIG TIME by this last and final generation .
Yeah i said last generation . TIME BE RUNNING OUT and that is A FACT .
TIMES RUNNING OUT . And if we love the peoples we must warn the peoples . Correct ALL ERORR
preach SOUND biblical doctrine . REMIND them of EVERY SINGLE WARNING and every promise , EVERY WORD OF THE LORD .
And DO be prepared to BE HATED .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great persecutions and fierce trials are coming . Be prepared to lose all FOR HIS NAME SAKE
be prepared to even die for HIM . What is cannot be stopped and it will soon
lead a united religoin and world to come full force against the non conforming lambs .
FEAR IT NOT . MAY GOD BE GLORIFIED . AMEN .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PERIOD.

Hear, heed, and obey.
The church is going out as it came in , bloody times and harsh persecutions . And yet THEY HAD GREAT JOY IN THE LORD
through it all . Me thinks many have forgotten
that through much tribulation must we enter into the Kingdom . BLOOD and beatings were not
an isolated accident for one generation . SOON the western socities will face massive persecutions .
Those who conformed not to the lie will face an all inclusive we are one religion and world . MARK MY WORDS
they aint gonna be tolerant nor loving either . Folks got this idea
that persecutions and tribulations no longer apply to the church . DEAD WRONG they are . ITS COMING
and its coming to a shore near us all . America wont be exempt , the UK wont be exempt
ALL lambs will soon face the greatest tribulation hour this world has ever known .
My advice . FEAR IT NOT , fear not man , LET GOD BE GLORIFIED . ON their part HE is evil spoken of
but on our part HE is glorified . FOR NOT only is it given unto us to BELIEVE ON HIM
BUT , and this is a big BUT that many no longer believe , BUT ALSO TO SUFFER FOR HIM . ITS COMING .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s sobering.

Keep your eyes on the prize.
EYES ON THE PRIZE . Yes indeed . I have a motto . Though i did not say it first . TO LIVE IS CHRIST TO DIE IS ONLY GAIN .
the LORD is in control . If my time is not up then i wont die , IF IT IS , then depart and be with CHRIST , WHICH IS FAR BETTER .
Either way , THE WILL OF GOD BE DONE , HIS KINGDOM COME . I got no hope in this world ,
but i have plenty and all HOPE IN THE GLORIOUS LORD and the world that is to come . NOW lift those hands
and let the KING be praised .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, the imperatives of scripture about prayer are the most important.

"Pray that your flight not be in Winter or on the Sabbath"
"Pray that you be worthy to escape the things that are coming to pass and to stand before the Son of Man"

Believers really need to grasp that scripture is not giving the experienced believer a choice: they must pray!

If you don't know what to pray, just after you have been told "pray this" God help you, I what I guess I am saying.
This is good!

"Cast all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you"

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you"

These Imperatives are towards our relationship with God, each affirming His commitment to us.

God commands us to repent and believe, and in so doing, enter into God's family, in a new parent-child relationship. And He commands us to pray, and to draw near to Him, and to let Him be the One to care for our needs and concerns.

So again I'd say the heart of these Imperatives are towards us knowing Him personally, and becoming like Him.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Gottservant

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture against Scripture is a mistaken approach, as if one negates the other.
The one imperative rule (among others) that has been so helpful for many years:

(6) The Best "Interpretive" Commentary On The Bible Is :
The BIBLE Itself!​

NEVER ever interpret The Many Plain Scriptures by the "few" difficult verses,
But, ALWAYS Always Interpret the few Obscure/Difficult/Dubious verses By
ALL Of The MANY Plain and Clear Passages Of God’s Pure And Holy Word!

Amen.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah and marks

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I start a thread on what it means to be reborn, will you participate?

I’ll observe it.

I’ll offer scripture to point out erroneous doctrine if needed.

But if you have read the Bible, you will know what being born again means.

It’s multifaceted.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll observe it.

I’ll offer scripture to point out erroneous doctrine if needed.

But if you have read the Bible, you will know what being born again means.

It’s multifaceted.
I'm only interested if you are desiring to have a friendly discussion, this isn't performance art.

I don't think we all have the same idea of what rebirth is, considering your view of what may happen after. But seriously, I think I'm withdrawing my offer, I don't believe you are interested in a real discussion.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of how you talk, that tells me you don't read the Bible the same way that I do. I've seen this over and over and over again in the decades that I've been having these discussions on Christian forums. All - it seems - these disagreements come down to some place where one person will say, "It says THIS, but it means THAT."

We're reading the same book, but not in the same way. Unbiblical ideas can come from unbiblical sources, certainly true! What I find is that unbiblical ideas come largely through a failure to truly appreciate all the different parts we all read.

Some will read passages that 'seem' to contradict, to be at odds with each other. Like passages that say the unrighteous will not inherit, and others that say our inheritance is reserved for us. If you take either of those and negate it's meaning you will not have a true understanding of God's message to us. The unrighteous will not inherit, and our inheritance is reserved for us. We don't need any mental addition or subtraction to help us out, both of these are completely true as stated.

When something is clearly and plainly stated, I believe we should receive it's saying, and go on from there to find the understandings that result from interpreting the Bible in harmony with itself.

Much love!