The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not claiming I know anything about economics. I'm learning daily.
But from what I understand on this side of the aisle, is that the day Biden got in office he did exactly what he promised to do and shut down the keystone pipeline, regardless if it was already pumping oil or not, the prospects of it going online was shut down.
He stopped giving new contracts for both offshore drilling and drilling on Federal lands.

He stopped giving new contracts for drilling on Federal lands...
And yet what they are proposing to do now is to build abortion facilities on the Federal lands in states that only have minimum facilities available.
However, the State is the one with the authority over it's own land to authorize the use of these Federal lands.
I wonder if a state can authorize it's own drilling contracts?
Anywho..
Just tossing more fruit salad, you know apples and oranges.
They shut down giving contracts for new drilling, and now proposing to build abortion clinics, on the ame federal lands.

I don't believe the Fedral Government is allowed to OWN land. I thought the only jurisdiction they had was the District of Columbia.

Article I Legislative Branch

• Section 8 Enumerated Powers
    • Clause 17 Enclave Clause
    • To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;–And
So Congress purchases Land by the Consent of that State.
If the State requires more, lets say "farmland" , can it purchase it back? Can it "evict" the Federal Government off the property for the sake of needful agricultural lands?

Here's an article from 2014 I found interesting:
Lauren Lane -- HitlerSurvivor Warning America: Wake Up Now!

What does this have to do with the right to bear arms?
We may need to take back our land so we can EAT.
I don't know about you but the prospect of eating crickets doesn't really appeal to me.
Just saying

So much to learn, so little time.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He stopped giving new contracts for drilling on Federal lands...
And yet what they are proposing to do now is to build abortion facilities on the Federal lands in states that only have minimum facilities available.
However, the State is the one with the authority over it's own land to authorize the use of these Federal lands.

So 5:49 this morning I asked the question above...
At 7:24 PM this is what I got for an answer.

Just sayin..

Here’s Why The Government Can’t Set Up Abortion Clinics On Federal Land
June 29, 20227:24 PM ET
Despite demands from several prominent Democrats, the federal government is prohibited from using taxpayer dollars to fund abortions.
The Hyde Amendment, first included in federal appropriations bills in 1976, prohibits the federal government from funding abortions unless “the life of the mother would be endangered if the fetus were carried to term or where the pregnancy is the result of an act of rape or incest.” Activists estimate that the Hyde Amendment prevents at least 60,000 abortions every year.

The amendment is named for Republican Illinois Rep. Henry Hyde, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee who championed it.

Although support for the amendment was initially bipartisan, Democrats in recent years have attempted to pass federal budgets that do not include the provision. President Joe Biden flip-flopped on support for the amendment during his 2020 presidential campaign, and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi attempted to jettison the provision for an early COVID-19 relief package. Democratic West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin’s demand that the Hyde Amendment be included in a social spending package was a key factor in the breakdown in Build Back Better negotiations.

Following the Supreme Court’s ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, several Republican-controlled states instituted trigger laws limiting abortion. In response, prominent left-wing Democrats urged the Biden administration to take actions to protect abortion access in those states.

New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren both called on the federal government to make abortions available on federal lands like national parks, where state governments could not regulate the procedure.

Warren and Minnesota Sen. Tina Smith claimed in a New York Times op-ed that Biden could provide “federal resources for individuals seeking abortion care in other states” and use “federal property and resources to protect people seeking abortion services locally.” Warren also claimed that the administration could designate “federal lands as a place where abortions can occur.”

Ocasio-Cortez added that providing abortion services on federal lands is the “the babiest of the babiest of the baby steps” that the federal government can take.

Neither Warren nor Ocasio-Cortez responded to the Daily Caller’s request for comment on whether or not they believe that such actions would violate the Hyde Amendment.
Here’s Why The Government Can’t Set Up Abortion Clinics On Federal Land

This should be in either the Global mandate thread in current events, or the conspiracy theory thread.
I'm following a theory I have on Federal Lands and the People of the US taking back control of them and out of the Federal Governments hands.
I seem to have 3 threads that I'm currently posting on, as it relates to a certain topic.
How this ended up in the right to have guns, I don't remember.
So if you see this duplicated in another thread, please bear with me, I'm trying to consolidate.
Thank You
Hugs

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Multiple people shot California church in Laguna Woods Orange County one person detained casualties | Daily Mail Online

Buffalo shooter targeted Black neighborhood, officials say

These MASS murders, and MANY more that we see on a regular basis, shows that it is both UNBIBLICAL and UNCHRISTIAN for anyone, especially if the are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, to own any form of weapon!

The US Constitution that allows for this is VERY WRONG!
That is absolute nonsense. Criminals will always have guns, so banning them will only leave law-abiding citizens defenseless. It is not unbiblical to own a gun. I challenge anyone to prove that in scripture. Jesus said in Luke 22:36 "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." If Jesus says to buy a sword, it is no stretch to think he would tell us today to buy a gun.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Americans didn’t own guns we would still be under English rule, which by the grace of God we aren’t. The US constitution trumps liberal intent to disarm the American citizens.Fears and opinions do not supersede the constitution thank God.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Recent gun violence shows no such thing. Unbiblical means the Bible says something is wrong, and it never addresses guns. It does mention swords, and it says to buy one, so I would say gun ownership is Biblical.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Americans didn’t own guns we would still be under English rule, which by the grace of God we aren’t. The US constitution trumps liberal intent to disarm the American citizens.Fears and opinions do not supersede the constitution thank God.
Agreed, Happy Fourth of July!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a feeling the tide is going to turn.
It won't be pretty.
We'll be alright, but the cornpops of the world are going to suffer immensely.
Some of us will be collateral damage. That happens in war.
But this war is a bit different, because God is on our side.

Can you feel it coming in the air tonight?
I can.
Something big is about to break.
And it's going to start an avalanche.
And that big old pyramid is going to come crashing to the ground.
BOOM!

Hugs

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Multiple people shot California church in Laguna Woods Orange County one person detained casualties | Daily Mail Online

Buffalo shooter targeted Black neighborhood, officials say

These MASS murders, and MANY more that we see on a regular basis, shows that it is both UNBIBLICAL and UNCHRISTIAN for anyone, especially if the are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, to own any form of weapon!

The US Constitution that allows for this is VERY WRONG!

The US Constitution was designed for an Upstanding Moral People.
There are still some Upstanding Moral People in the US.
There are also some immoral and deranged People in the US.

So your suggestion is WHAT....?
Change the US Constitution, Oppress the Upstanding Moral People, Because there ARE immoral and deranged People?

In effect you support EQUAL OPPRESSION, regardless of Behavior.
That sounds nothing LIKE the model/manner/principles/standards;
of Gods Way...

Last edited:
Reactions: Marine0311

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The US Constitution was designed for an Upstanding Moral People.
There are still some Upstanding Moral People in the US.
There are also some immoral and deranged People in the US.

So your suggestion is WHAT....?
Change the US Constitution, Oppress the Upstanding Moral People, Because there ARE immoral and deranged People?

In effect you support EQUAL OPPRESSION, regardless of Behavior.
That sounds nothing LIKE the model/manner/principles/standards;
of God Way...

Are you okay?

You think that all people at the time the Constitution was written were all "upstanding" and "moral"? Washington and Jefferson both owned slaves -- Jefferson even had children by one of them. People solved disputes by duels. And there was other abhorrent behavior as well.

There have always been and always will be both moral and immoral people, sane and deranged people, etc. It's the nature of any society. "Equal oppression" is in your mind only.

Finally, the US Constitution is a secular document, not a religious one.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you okay?

You think that all people at the time the Constitution was written were all "upstanding" and "moral"? Washington and Jefferson both owned slaves -- Jefferson even had children by one of them. People solved disputes by duels. And there was other abhorrent behavior as well.

There have always been and always will be both moral and immoral people, sane and deranged people, etc. It's the nature of any society. "Equal oppression" is in your mind only.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you okay?

Yep.

You think that all people at the time the Constitution was written were all "upstanding" and "moral"?

Nope and never said they were.

Washington and Jefferson both owned slaves -- Jefferson even had children by one of them.

And?

People solved disputes by duels.

And?

And there was other abhorrent behavior as well.

Nothing new, slavery is not carte’ blanch abhorrent.

"Equal oppression" is in your mind only.

Take away the right of liberty of ALL, is oppression!
~ Did you miss the dictating of the US government of late?
*cover your mouth, no human contact, free travel prohibitions, close your churches, banning people from open media’s, blah, blah, blah....
* If you didn’t notice, If you didn’t care, If you yielded, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

The US Constitution is based upon Biblical Standards and Principles.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep.

Nope and never said they were.

And?

And?

Nothing new, slavery is not carte’ blanch abhorrent.

Take away the right of liberty of ALL, is oppression!
~ Did you miss the dictating of the US government of late?
*cover your mouth, no human contact, free travel prohibitions, close your churches, banning people from open media’s, blah, blah, blah....
* If you didn’t notice, If you didn’t care, If you yielded, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

The US Constitution is based upon Biblical Standards and Principles.

Reactions: Taken
Status
Not open for further replies.