The "Israel of God": Who are they?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that Paul was not really referring to that when He said "they are not all Israel who are of Israel". For he went on to say:

7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, “In Isaac your seed shall be called.” 8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed. 9 For this is the word of promise: “At this time I will come and Sarah shall have a son.”

Paul said nothing about the things which you pointed out there. But Paul was telling us about the Israel of God, more than that they are not all who comprised the nation Israel, nor are they Israel because they are the seed of Abraham. They are the descendants of Isaac, but not really those according to the flesh, but the children of promise. So Paul here tells us that the Israel of God, are the children of promise, and these are the children of God. Paul said this as the answer, in anticipation, to those who might ask and think that the word of God has taken no effect concerning Israel, who do not believe the gospel of Jesus Christ then, who at the time even, were they who had caused the Messiah of God to be crucified.

Tong
R0233
I explained to you that children born to unbelievers were not considered to be properly begotten. When Ishmael was conceived, his mohter Hagar was still a pagan. She did convert later, but there was still something wrong with Ishmael. Thus God referred to Isaac as Abraham's "only son."

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I explained to you that children born to unbelievers were not considered to be properly begotten. When Ishmael was conceived, his mohter Hagar was still a pagan. She did convert later, but there was still something wrong with Ishmael. Thus God referred to Isaac as Abraham's "only son."
Yes, you did explain that children born to unbelievers were not considered to be properly begotten. So?

You said of Hagar that she convert later. To what did she convert later to?

You said of Ishmael, that there was still something wrong with him. What is it?

Tong
R0234

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think that Paul was not really referring to that when He said "they are not all Israel who are of Israel". For he went on to say:

7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, “In Isaac your seed shall be called.” 8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed. 9 For this is the word of promise: “At this time I will come and Sarah shall have a son.”

Paul said nothing about the things which you pointed out there. But Paul was telling us about the Israel of God, more than that they are not all who comprised the nation Israel, nor are they Israel because they are the seed of Abraham. They are the descendants of Isaac, but not really those according to the flesh, but the children of promise. So Paul here tells us that the Israel of God, are the children of promise, and these are the children of God. Paul said this as the answer, in anticipation, to those who might ask and think that the word of God has taken no effect concerning Israel, who do not believe the gospel of Jesus Christ then, who at the time even, were they who had caused the Messiah of God to be crucified.

Tong
R0233
Carnal people claim that Israel is a Racial concept.
The Jews under the influence of the so Talmud and it's called Zionist have peddled this dribble and their mates the Nazis are cut off the same cloth peddling racial prejudice insanity.

Not one person in the world nowadays could claim to be a direct descendant of anyone from 2000 years ago be it just some stupid Jew who was lost to God or let alone one who was saved when Jesus came. so the whole concept is total nonsense that only a fool would swallow.

It's all about the Holy Spirit in fact and that is what the Jews had to come to understand was the whole point, Holy Moses said of him that was to come and he came and anyone who rejects that is of Satan in fact. anyone claiming to be a Jew never cut it even back in Moses day, the poor stupid idiots had to be led about in the desert for 40 years, no Jew ever cut the mustard ever due to his being a Jew, the only ones who cut it was the Prophets as to God and they as a Tribe only cut it with God when they abided with God and when ever they turned their back on God through the history they always failed.
Anyone claiming to follow the Jews for 2000 years is a Anti-Christ and a curse to God. the Jews as such are Lost ! they are a curse because they are carnal dupes under a curse of deception, just as the Vineyard story explains ? they killed all of the Prophets and they worked to kill Jesus, that's clear and they work the same works as always, nothing has changed ! what do you expect from any carnal man ! all are of Satan that do not have the Holy Spirit, they are worthless to God.
Anyone can come to Jesus Christ regardless what Race they may claim to be, Jesus came for all to be saved.

If anyone claims that the one claiming to be a Jew is some how above the rest of all the Races I fear for you must be possessed by a madness that is like that of the Nazis. all Carnal people are a disgrace to God and all the religious are fools as well if they do not understand who Jesus Christ truly is and that's why Jesus says that you must be born again of the Holy Spirit, because your religion will not save you, it's only Jesus Christ that saves.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus Christ never left us in fact, he is the Alpha and the Omega ! what is it with people who do not understand that fact, he was here in the beginning and he will be here to the end ! he said that he will never leave us ! and he never has ! the second coming is to do with us, the Carnal will bring down the Hellfire on themselves.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Anyone can come to Jesus Christ regardless what Race they may claim to be, Jesus came for all to be saved.
Greetings Reggie!

I agree if the "all" you refer to there refers not, to each and every individual human being, but to races.

For we know that only those whom the Father had given to the Son can come to the Son. And those who come to the Son, them the Son surely will save.

John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

John 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

And Jesus did not come for all mankind to be saved from their sins, but for His people, His sheep, the Israel of God.

Matthew 1:21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

John 10:11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
. . . . .
John 10: 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Tong
R0264

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Likely a future Jewish remnant after the Rapture.
When you say Jewish remnant are you referring to the good figs or the bad figs?

Paul knew a few bad figs
Act_13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.
Act_13:50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts.
Act_14:19 And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Jesus Christ never left us in fact, he is the Alpha and the Omega ! what is it with people who do not understand that fact, he was here in the beginning and he will be here to the end ! he said that he will never leave us ! and he never has ! the second coming is to do with us, the Carnal will bring down the Hellfire on themselves.
lol, it's like we should maybe swear ppl in before they post or something, huh? :)

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Israel of God is not the ethnic Israel spoken of in Romans 9. As I said in the OP, the Israel of God are no other than the Christians, both Jewish and Gentile Christians.

Tong
R0126

Wouldn't it be more accurate to call them the anointed Christians, both Jews and gentiles, and while they are the sons of the kingdom, meaning sons of Jehovah God doesn't that mean they are brothers of Jesus? These particular Christians are the ones who will get a resurrection like Jesus, who was rewarded with immortality and inherited incorruption, so will these anointed Christians who are the brothers of Jesus. These anointed Christians will be resurrected into heaven and be kings,priests, and judges with Jesus in that Messianic Kingdom ruling over the Earth. This group of people, Jews and gentiles is the Israel of God, but also isn't this group of people, who are Jews and gentiles and anointed christians, the anointed church that God is using to communicate through to his people?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
it's like just enough Bible is read to get an idea of one concept, and then all the rest is ignored or something
i dont get it

the desire of the ego for immortality is just overwhelming, i guess?
who can overcome that?

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gentile Christians

Gentile Christian seems like an oxymoron to me.

Yahshua was commissioned only for Israel. YHWH's covenant is with Israel.

(CLV) Hb 8:10
"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.

(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, [Yahshua] answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Gentile Christian seems like an oxymoron to me.

Yahshua was commissioned only for Israel. YHWH's covenant is with Israel.

(CLV) Hb 8:10
"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.

(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, [Yahshua] answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
Greetings HARK!

"Gentile Christian" is not oxymoron. It is just a convenient way of referring to the Gentile who is a brethren in Christ.

I agree, God's covenant is with Israel.

Tong
R0274

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings HARK!

"Gentile Christian" is not oxymoron. It is just a convenient way of referring to the Gentile who is a brethren in Christ.

I agree, God's covenant is with Israel.

Tong
R0274

When we are reborn in Messiah; don't we come out of the nations? Don't we leave that Greek lifestyle behind? Aren't we a new creation, and one with the Father in Messiah?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Wouldn't it be more accurate to call them the anointed Christians, both Jews and gentiles, and while they are the sons of the kingdom, meaning sons of Jehovah God doesn't that mean they are brothers of Jesus?
Greetings Barney!

All Christians have a common anointing by God. And I must say that, all Christians are related to Jesus in more ways than one.

These particular Christians are the ones who will get a resurrection like Jesus, who was rewarded with immortality and inherited incorruption, so will these anointed Christians who are the brothers of Jesus.
All the dead in Christ will be resurrected, but not exactly in the same sense as that with Jesus. And while they will be given immortality and incorruption, it is not as a reward, but as given to them by grace, all because of Jesus Christ, and because all of them are in Christ. Jesus Christ was not rewarded with immortality and incorruption, but is the Lord. Jesus Christ resurrected because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on Him. And in another sense, Jesus Christ was resurrected for our justification.

These anointed Christians will be resurrected into heaven and be kings, priests, and judges with Jesus in that Messianic Kingdom ruling over the Earth. This group of people, Jews and gentiles is the Israel of God, but also isn't this group of people, who are Jews and gentiles and anointed christians, the anointed church that God is using to communicate through to his people?

As I said, all Christians have a common anointing by God. And as Peter said to them "you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light".

Tong
R0275

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone that associates the English term 'gentile' derived from the the Romanist Latin term 'gentillis,' with true believers, degrades them and calls them all heathens and unbelievers. They are saying they are not 'saved' and are really not of the covenant of YHWH, given by YHWH.

This is a misused popular secular and a non-believer's meaning that unfortunately most believers also use extensively for the same meaning today.

All scripture should expunge and stricken the term 'gentile' and replace it with the appropriate Greek ethnos term into the English: nation(s) tribes, (foreign) nations, heathens etc.

Today as when it was first introduced, the term 'gentile' means someone who is not a Jew. It is especially a dangerous meaning today. The causal reader would think a gentile (whether a believer or not) is not a modern Jew. These modern Jews who practice Judaism with their Babylonian Talmud, are now more closely associated as the only Covenant people of YHWH. It is used to deceive and even confound the true believer!

The English word 'gentile' did not originate from the Greek or Hebrew languages. The original term 'goy' from Hebrew, and the Greek term ethnos (ethne) means generally the same: races, families, tribes and nations whether being of Israel (or a true Jew) or not, of other foreign nations.

In recent history however, these fake Jews especially the Zionist cultists and many ignorant Christians deliberately promoted over time and changed the meaning of Hebrew term 'goy.' They merged and adopted it to resemble the meaning of 'gentile,' a non-Jew, even a non-Semite. And then to strongly suggest true believers are not part of YHWH's Covenant. This clearly says to the world that these mostly deceitful Khazarians occupying the political State of Israel today, these fake Jews, are the chosen ones of YHWH to the demotion and detriment of the true chosen and elect of YHWH.

Just saying....APAK

Reactions: HARK!

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today as when it was first introduced, the term 'gentile' means someone who is not a Jew.

The word Jew is ambiguous and creates yet even more confusion. What is a Jew?

The mixed multitude that entered covenant at Sinai became Israel. At that point they were set apart from the nations.

Yahshua rebuked those who claimed to be descendants of Abraham, calling them offspring of Satan.