The Issue of Calvinism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who's the hobo pushing CoreIssue the Calvinism? The Lawyer religion of international confederacy, I wonder if CoreIssue got it, or maybe you'll hear it from a 'minister', policeman, or, Westminster confession advocate. Free Will is basically that you get baptized by choice , right? Or else back to the old days of I'm in Christendom, and us Christians with our Crosses and those heathen, pagan barbarian, losers. I'm a white raving child molester with a gun,here's Sydney portier trying to help that blind white woman around.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and your free will. That’s all you yammer about. The Christ plainly taught the will is not free. Yet, you yammer on that it is free. Yammer, yammer, yammer...

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.[John 6:44]

The Christ plainly stated no man can come UNLESS they are drawn. Yet, you yammer they can via their free will.

”Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.”[John 8:34-36]

The Christ said in vs 34 everyone who sins is the slave to sin. Yet, you yammer on that they, of their own free will, will themselves to Him.

If an Arianist came on here and said the Christ is not God, but the Son of God, they’d be crickets from you and those of your ilk.

If a modalist came on here and denied the Trinity, again crickets from the peanut gallery.

Let someone come on here and deny free will, and you and your ilksters climb on then like a swarm of bees. The yammering, stammering, hammering...yammmering...yammering...yammering, from you and your ilksters.

Hey, that’s your new rock band. CoreIssue and the Yammering Ilksters.

But just keep on yammering to yourself. Good riddance.

Big shock. Avoided my question again.rolleyes.gif

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But yet, Peter noted that the Lord "was unwilling that any should perish but that all should come to repentance". I agree that God the Father provides the rain that softens the "soil" so that the word of God can penetrate and take root. But, I do believe that we have a choice to surrender (or not). I do not believe that "irresistible grace" is taught by Scripture.
My beloved brother and Apostle Peter wrote to and of the Assembly of God "not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance".

The context which occurs immediately prior, "is patient toward you", speaks loud and clear to the audience, as does the opening of the epistle "Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:1). BTW, that "received" contains "siezed by", as in siezed by God, just like the Apostle John wrote with:

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, [even] to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:12-13)

Please see that "nor of the will of man". See that it is not man's will. Behold children of God are born of God.

Recalling that Peter wrote to and of the Assembly of God as found in 2 Peter 1:1, here is the entirety of 2 Peter 3:9:

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

This Holy Spirit inspired writing contains telling phrases:
- His promise (referring to eternal life in the Lord Jesus Christ)
- is patient toward you (that "you" refers to people who received or ["patient"] will receive the faith delivered by our God and Savior, Jesus Christ)
- not wishing for any to perish (that "any" refers back to that "you")
- but for all to come to repentance (that "all" refers back to that "any")

The Apostle Peter clearly, absolutely, and literally points to the members of the Assembly of God, the congregation of believers on the Lord Jesus Christ.

The passage has nothing to do with free will; in other words, the verse provides nothing in support of accepting/choosing Jesus.

Do you, Lady Crosstalk, believe that you chose Jesus?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My beloved brother and Apostle Peter wrote to and of the Assembly of God "not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance".

The context which occurs immediately prior, "is patient toward you", speaks loud and clear to the audience, as does the opening of the epistle "Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:1). BTW, that "received" contains "siezed by", as in siezed by God, just like the Apostle John wrote with:

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, [even] to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:12-13)

Please see that "nor of the will of man". See that it is not man's will. Behold children of God are born of God.

Recalling that Peter wrote to and of the Assembly of God as found in 2 Peter 1:1, here is the entirety of 2 Peter 3:9:

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

This Holy Spirit inspired writing contains telling phrases:
- His promise (referring to eternal life in the Lord Jesus Christ)
- is patient toward you (that "you" refers to people who received or ["patient"] will receive the faith delivered by our God and Savior, Jesus Christ)
- not wishing for any to perish (that "any" refers back to that "you")
- but for all to come to repentance (that "all" refers back to that "any")

The Apostle Peter clearly, absolutely, and literally points to the members of the Assembly of God, the congregation of believers on the Lord Jesus Christ.

The passage has nothing to do with free will; in other words, the verse provides nothing in support of accepting/choosing Jesus.

Do you, Lady Crosstalk, believe that you chose Jesus?
Well said and an amen. FYI....I love your signature. Kudos to your post.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question that I asked in the other thread, that has not been answered, is,

How is a man born again, if not through faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for us on the Cross?

This has to do with the order of things in salvation; because it seems to me that Romans 5:1-2 and Ephesians 2:8-9 declare that faith comes first (before grace).

But assuming for a moment that grace comes before faith, What must I do to be saved (to obtain grace)?

This is an important question; because Jesus said, Ye must be born again.

How is a man born again if not through faith in Jesus and what He did for us on the Cross, in Calvinistic Theology?

If nobody will answer this question, then I consider that the discussion is over, and that I have won the "debate".

Because there is something inherent in the question, that if the right answer is given, Calvinistic theology falls apart.

However, I am open to hearing comments from either side on the statements that I made in the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because God allows it to happen doesn't mean that is what He WANTS to have happen.
God does not "allow" it. he sends them into second death;
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Looks like that is exactly what he commands to happen.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth
You have to remember, to some, God has to gain their approval first. :rolleyes::oops:o_O

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha!! I don't know why you bother Core...I wouldn't waste my time.
It is the immature who feel that they just "must" have the last word. :rolleyes:
Let them play...
Sorry. This is another lazy response. You need to address the issues if you are going to post. This is because you cannot address the issue biblically so you offer this lame post as if it would replace a real substantial post...no..it does not:oops::oops::oops:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which error?
Hello oz,
The errors are mostly;
1] wrong understanding of foreknow in rom8:29.....WHOM NOT WHAT WAS FOREKNOWN

2]wrong and defective view of the fall...Adam died that day, spiritually...he was not wounded by it was a fatality

3] defective view and lack of trust and belief in the absolute sovereignty of God.

4] THERE IS NO FREE WILL

5] the sinner does not seek God by himself, he does not want God.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to remember, to some, God has to gain their approval first. :rolleyes::oops:o_O
oh yes, I forgot...He is a gentleman who would not violate the will of the creature.
He offers a potential salvation...it does not save unless the sinner allows it to take effect..Oh wait. i am getting a posting message in a secret pray tongue...komo ki komi shiki, oh forsure got grot kimo kumo suma...did you get a word of interpretation;);)

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I did not say that He "allows" it anywhere but in this mortal life.