The Jazz Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
This is the point I was at exactly 13 years ago, and it has shocked me to hear someone else express it...

It's that point where you realize its all a ruse. The things we are told will make us happy and so they are what we should go after, are a ruse, and even more, a distraction. Marriage, house, kids, a bigger house, a vacation house, plastic surgery, dieting, a more expensive car, a beautiful lawn, blah, blah, blah.
So where are you now.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, I was not commanded to do that. It's something I discovered I must do for my own survival, and it's not solely based on belief.
ha ok well i was commanded to do that then, wont bother Quoting, and i agree it is not for any religious purposes, for that i would actually have to go back to the world and find a congregation, see, with a pastor that has signed a 501c3, and etc

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So where are you now.

I'm past the point of searching everywhere for a man (or woman, because it doesn't really matter which when you're in an inner crisis mode) or an ideology or something I could hitch my wagon to and be passionate about. I vociferously read everyone and everything and still ended up back where I was, seeing the inanity of life and the world.

I went even further than you, because I began to think, if decades more of this inanity is what I have to look forward to...then those who take their own lives are the smartest and bravest people among us.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha ok well i was commanded to do that then, wont bother Quoting, and i agree it is not for any religious purposes, for that i would actually have to go back to the world and find a congregation, see, with a pastor that has signed a 501c3, and etc

In a strange twist, because some people meet God in a different way, I gave up on the world (in large measure anyway) BEFORE I met God. It made perfect sense to me later, that it would have had to be that way for me, or else I would have just kept searching the world for that "something" that made it even just tolerable.

So I didn't give up the world because I was commanded to do so. I gave it up because I saw its complete insufficiency.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In a strange twist, because some people meet God in a different way, I gave up on the world (in large measure anyway) BEFORE I met God. It made perfect sense to me later, that it would have had to be that way for me, or else I would have just kept searching the world for that "something" that made it even just tolerable.

So I didn't give up the world because I was commanded to do so. I gave it up because I saw its complete insufficiency.
ok then, cool. You met God? Hmm. I understand that that is likely meant as shorthand, but i cannot say that fwiw. I have not met God, in the manner we use that term for those who exist. I say this bc imo that is a dangerous assumption, you now have a "definition" of God, yeh, iow God exists in your mind?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I met God. I wouldn't even be on such a forum as this if I hadn't.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
Your commanded to do what exactly?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok then, cool. You met God? Hmm. I understand that that is likely meant as shorthand, but i cannot say that fwiw. I have not met God, in the manner we use that term for those who exist. I say this bc imo that is a dangerous assumption, you now have a "definition" of God, yeh, iow God exists in your mind?

On that day, you will realize that...I am in you.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seriously doubt that.

Yes, I understand! I would have felt the same way - I DID feel that way, about people who asserted that men could meet God. I didn't even think long enough about them to come to the conclusion that they were insane, because I gave them no thought at all. I just dismissed them immediately. They would get maybe three words out and then they were dismissed by me.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Does that include faith? Since it's a big part of the world.
does leave the world include faith, since faith is a big part of the world. Are you asking do you leave your faith, too? Certainly, in that context imo emptying your pockets and walking out your front door and going to another town and eating what they feed you is an analogy of completely abandoning your faith in the world, yes.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: yes ty sbg
jesus, the self-proclaimed Shining Lights we got, huh
little kids in here now with the "I am pure-hearted" lol

You don't have to be purehearted to meet God and be given the Holy Spirit...that would mean no man could ever receive His Spirit...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You don't have to be purehearted to meet God and be given the Holy Spirit...that would mean no man could ever receive His Spirit...
imo we are having mostly a semantics discussion now on our diff in the def of "meet," and i'm sure we mostly agree on the principles, sbg. Maybe not, but it seems you will not address the point, so enough said for now i guess. God can exist for you as long as you like imo. You will be disappointed, but knowledge brings sorrow i guess

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
Yes, I understand! I would have felt the same way - I DID feel that way, about people who asserted that men could meet God. I didn't even think long enough about them to come to the conclusion that they were insane, because I gave them no thought at all. I just dismissed them immediately. They would get maybe three words out and then they were dismissed by me.
The fact you think you need to express your particular experience about God to me, points out a flaw in your logic. I don't see why you would need to convince me of something you claim to know 100% The fact you are going out of your way to do that is why I doubt your sincerity.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that include faith? Since it's a big part of the world.

Men have left the world and its ridiculousness and inanity behind and never have met God. They simply saw the absurdity of it all and didn't take it seriously anymore. They no longer went after the world and its assertions because they saw it was smoke and mirrors and nonsense. So it isn't a given that you must believe God exists in order to see the inanity and insuffiency of the world. You can lose all faith that the world has anything of worth to offer you, without believing God exists. In fact...for a man who has seen the world and its sayings are useless, he might be even MORE inclined to think God doesn't exist...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact you think you need to express your particular experience about God to me, points out a flaw in your logic. I don't see why you would need to convince me of something you claim to know 100% The fact you are going out of your way to do that is why I doubt your sincerity.

Yes, again, I understand! I would no more believe me when I say God can be met than I would believe someone who said fairies are real.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
does leave the world include faith, since faith is a big part of the world. Are you asking do you leave your faith, too? Certainly, in that context imo emptying your pockets and walking out your front door and going to another town and eating what they feed you is an analogy of completely abandoning your faith in the world, yes.
I would not leave the world, however, I will leave the human condition (Legalistic Criticism) forever. Frankly, I don't need such input.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I deeply understand you, UTF. I came to the same place you are. And I still hate religion. I hate it even more than I ever did.

Reactions: bbyrd009