The Jazz Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not leave the world, however, I will leave the human condition (Legalistic Criticism) forever. Frankly, I don't need such input.

Its the sheer hypocrisy that gets me. Religious men, yes, but even men who are in no way religious are hypocrites too. The absurdity of criticisms from the mouths of men who expect you to be some kind of "perfect" when they themselves are just as messed up as everyone they criticize. Maybe even more so...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more someone needs others to believe what they believe, the less they will be able to accept what other people believe.

Men have convinced me many times of something they believed, but then I found out it was bull. And yes, the more rabid they get in defending what they believe, the more apt I am to flee them. Exchange of ideas, fine. A rabid, arrogant, spittleflinging rage, toodles.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello amadeus, you say that a person must surrender to your God for a personal encounter. I am a little sceptical of this concept being a biblical truth, can you provide a theological source on this matter.

Thankyou.

Hmmm....you got me thinking on this one...

One of our heroes is Paul. He was not surrendered to God. Then he met God on a road...so...he surrendered his whole life to God, but not before God revealed Himself to him.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I kind of balk at the whole I chose to believe God exists and you choose to believe He doesn't thing. It bothers me, because I don't think men who say it are being honest. At least, it wasn't how it happened with me.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be very dishonest for me to say I chose to believe God existed. It did not happen. I quite suddenly could just see that He did, after 42 years of thinking He didn't. How on earth could I then say it was my choice? That would be dishonest and grossly arrogant of me.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo we are having mostly a semantics discussion now on our diff in the def of "meet," and i'm sure we mostly agree on the principles, sbg. Maybe not, but it seems you will not address the point, so enough said for now i guess. God can exist for you as long as you like imo. You will be disappointed, but knowledge brings sorrow i guess

By address the point, I'm assuming you want me to say I did not meet God as in the way I meet people on earth, with a physical handshake and seeing their form. Correct. Sorry I didn't specifically address the point. You said you assumed I did not mean I saw God as I would see a literal human, so I did not think to address it because I didn't see a question. You may have stuck a question mark in there that I missed. It is a different kind of seeing, not done with human eyes. Have I addressed what you wished me to address?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It would be very dishonest for me to say I chose to believe God existed. It did not happen. I quite suddenly could just see that He did, after 42 years of thinking He didn't. How on earth could I then say it was my choice? That would be dishonest and grossly arrogant of me.
go with that then, sbg, i have no objections ok. God does not exist nevertheless, and God will not be moved by your belief either, i dont think

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ex·ist
/iɡˈzist/
verb
  1. 1.
    have objective reality or being.
    "there existed no organization to cope with espionage"
    synonyms: live, be alive, be living, have life, breathe, draw breath; More

2. 2.
    live, especially under adverse conditions.
    "only a minority of people exist on unemployment benefits alone"
    synonyms: survive, subsist, live, stay alive, support oneself, eke out a living, eke out an existence; More
and just in case this is not clear, i will worship no God that you can demonstrate "exists," either. All the gods i know have fallen, see

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
go with that then, sbg, i have no objections ok. God does not exist nevertheless, and God will not be moved by your belief either, i dont think

God does not exist...? You would have to explain your thoughts on that one if I were to have any hope of understanding you.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ex·ist
/iɡˈzist/
verb
  1. 1.
    have objective reality or being.
    "there existed no organization to cope with espionage"
    synonyms: live, be alive, be living, have life, breathe, draw breath; More

2. 2.
    live, especially under adverse conditions.
    "only a minority of people exist on unemployment benefits alone"
    synonyms: survive, subsist, live, stay alive, support oneself, eke out a living, eke out an existence; More
and just in case this is not clear, i will worship no God that you can demonstrate "exists," either. All the gods i know have fallen, see

Oh, I see you did try. Okay, you don't have to worship God. No man can force you to.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Okay, byrd, a nonexistent God spoke to Paul on the road. He heard a nonexistent voice and a nonexistent bright light blinded him. Go with that, I have no objections.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
By address the point, I'm assuming you want me to say I did not meet God as in the way I meet people on earth, with a physical handshake and seeing their form. Correct. Sorry I didn't specifically address the point. You said you assumed I did not mean I saw God as I would see a literal human, so I did not think to address it because I didn't see a question. You may have stuck a question mark in there that I missed. It is a different kind of seeing, not done with human eyes. Have I addressed what you wished me to address?
sbg, idc if you address it or not bro, its no problem for me, ok? But when others hear "I met God," a perception is introduced that you might not even want, is a possible point there ok

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
okay, you dont have to either, not getting why the subject changed here tho wadr, what does one have to do with the other

Um...you said you wouldn't worship a God that exists...? I reckon that's how the subject changed...:p

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sbg, idc if you address it or not bro, its no problem for me, ok? But when others hear "I met God," a perception is introduced that you might not even want, is a possible point there ok

Yeah, I agree, so...I addressed it...

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Um...you said you wouldn't worship a God that exists...? I reckon that's how the subject changed...:p
cute, but as i have already made my position clear there now i am just being taken advantage of? But yes, i will not ever worship a god that has been objectively proven to "exist," a wooden god iow.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cute, but as i have already made my position clear there now i am just being taken advantage of? But yes, i will not ever worship a god that has been objectively proven to "exist," a wooden god iow.

Oh lordy here we go again. I'm taking advantage of you...? I'm taking what you say and trying to understand you. That's all. I have no nefarious purpose, dude. I'm just, as always, trying to understand you. Last time, it was you railing against me for having the hope in me that I would be with God after I die. You said that it was wrong for me to have that hope and that to have that hope is me condemning men to hell. And your railing against me having that hope in me didn't make me think to hope to be with God after I die should be given up. That hope is still in me.

And now I am wrong to worship God and am somehow taking advantage of you. Sheesh.

And Bbyrd, you saying that you have made your position clear is a bit funny. You have to know that conversation with you is a bit difficult for most of us, right? That isn't said to make fun of you in any way, but if you want others to be patient and try to understand what you are trying to convey, you have to be patient with them too. I mean, it can't be a surprise to you that people have a hard time trying to understand what you are saying, can it? I know it might be frustrating to you, I get that.

Reactions: bbyrd009