The Jazz Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
Men have convinced me many times of something they believed, but then I found out it was bull. And yes, the more rabid they get in defending what they believe, the more apt I am to flee them. Exchange of ideas, fine. A rabid, arrogant, spittleflinging rage, toodles.
And yet no one seems to notice that what they believe in their head's counts as the primary cause of humanities current societal madness. 8 billion beliefs and counting, each person believing they are right, each person out to convince the other 99.9% of humans they are wrong.

Everyone so obsessed with changing everybody else, they just never end up changing themselves, they just never learn how to face their own problems.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh lordy here we go again. I'm taking advantage of you...? I'm taking what you say and trying to understand you. That's all. I have no nefarious purpose, dude.
Okay, you don't have to worship God.
ok
I'm just, as always, trying to understand you.
ok
Last time, it was you railing against me for having the hope in me that I would be with God after I die.
sorry? not at all, i said nothing about not being with God after you die, the spirit goes back to God, Who gave it true dat. That is completely diff from hoping to get your soul into heaven though, iow i guess essentially you believe you have a soul and i Read that you are one. We have been over this ground ad nauseum now, havent we?
That hope is still in me.
that hope is still in like everyone bro lol, thief in the night fu ya
And now I am wrong to worship God and am someh
what? no, sorry, wrong to think you know, maybe, God "exists" in your mind, has an identity, ok, you have formed an Image, there is an Old White Guy with a Beard that manifests when you say you have met "God," you believe God is a "Person," yeh? And none of these really matter a whit btw, except as they inform your actions. Sorry if i inferred that you were wrong in doing anything, ok...i mean long as you were not trying to teach that, like you knew it for a fact, no sweat bro. Hey and even then all i got is an opinion, ok

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any information my fellow human beings assume about me.

We do tend to know our own thoughts and then just assume they are the thoughts of everyone else. Or we think everyone is as bad or mean as ourselves, when actually, some people are not as bad or mean as our self. Or...we know our self to be selfish and we assume others are too. So we do tend to assume a lot about others based on our self...

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok
ok
sorry? not at all, i said nothing about not being with God after you die, the spirit goes back to God, Who gave it true dat. That is completely diff from hoping to get your soul into heaven though, iow i guess essentially you believe you have a soul and i Read that you are one. We have been over this ground ad nauseum now, havent we?
what? no, sorry, wrong to think you know, maybe, God "exists" in your mind, has an identity, ok, you have formed an Image, there is an Old White Guy with a Beard that manifests when you say you have met "God," you believe God is a "Person," yeh? And none of these really matter a whit btw, except as they inform your actions. Sorry if i inferred that you were wrong in doing anything, ok...i mean long as you were not trying to teach that, like you knew it for a fact, no sweat bro. Hey and even then all i got is an opinion, ok

Not sure if we actually have discussed it ad museum if we could misunderstand what each other was saying so terribly...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And Bbyrd, you saying that you have made your position clear is a bit funny. You have to know that conversation with you is a bit difficult for most of us, right? That isn't said to make fun of you in any way, but if you want others to be patient and try to understand what you are trying to convey, you have to be patient with them too. I mean, it can't be a surprise to you that people have a hard time trying to understand what you are saying, can it? I know it might be frustrating to you, I get that.
hmm, i think it is more that i have gotten more effective at conveying a literary frustration to ppl as a device, cant think of the last time i got mentally bogged in a forum...i say things for effect, pretty much as i'm whistling now lol. I also dont get offended by being taken advantage of too much, if it makes a valid point or as a literary device to make a point, ok? Even if i cant see what the point was up there, someone else might, iow, and yes i am as hypocrite and full of bunk as anyone else, but for true emotions are like the last thing i get accused of ok, lack of emotion is maybe more true. Um see i dont, ever, expect to be agreed with, either, i mean that is just the nature of hegelian debate. I am not irl; i am here to take heads and win, with ppl who seek my head, and fellowship with those who dont. We got (mostly) Romans here, mithraists, ATers, right? The "We?" with a smatter of Christians here and there, and all the in betweeners like me :) i am just pure evil i guess, thats all!

matter of fact i am prolly more full of crap than most ppl, and very persuasive, too, wont lie, personally i would not believe a word i had to say lol, i would be verifying fs yeh

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I said it. Museum. Lol. Me and Spellchick are tight.

Its good to know you don't get upset at being taken advantage of. It disturbed ME to have you think though, that I was trying to take advantage of you. I don't need you to think highly of me but I would really prefer you don't think I'm doing something that wasn't even in my mind to do, if possible. :)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
hmm, i think it is more that i have gotten more effective at conveying a literary frustration to ppl as a device, cant think of the last time i got mentally bogged in a forum...i say things for effect, pretty much as i'm whistling now lol. I also dont get offended by being taken advantage of too much, if it makes a valid point or as a literary device to make a point, ok? Even if i cant see what the point was up there, someone else might, iow, and yes i am as hypocrite and full of bunk as anyone else, but for true emotions are like the last thing i get accused of ok, lack of emotion is maybe more true. Um see i dont, ever, expect to be agreed with, either, i mean that is just the nature of hegelian debate. I am not irl; i am here to take heads and win, with ppl who seek my head, and fellowship with those who dont. We got (mostly) Romans here, mithraists, ATers, right? The "We?" with a smatter of Christians here and there, and all the in betweeners like me :) i am just pure evil i guess, thats all!

matter of fact i am prolly more full of crap than most ppl, and very persuasive, too, wont lie, personally i would not believe a word i had to say lol, i would be verifying fs yeh
Well my dear bb,
most peeps are in betweens.
And, as I've often said, we ALL have our problems...whatever they may be.
What's good about you is that you're honest....
You say what you want to say...this is good, I hate to WONDER what people think and I sure can't read between the lines...I'm just no good at this.

Also, dare I say that you're VERY intelligent and know too darn much.
The say ignorance is bliss...
I guess some of us just can't be too happy, because we're not ignorant ENOUGH.
And it's not anything we can control.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok
ok

Umm...no, I wasn't trying to teach that I had met God...I was sharing that I did. If anything, I was trying to convey that men can meet God. Paul did. Before he did, he was a religious zealot, seeking to kill followers of the Way.

Actually, no, I don't think of God as a person. I think God is Spirit. And I never could wrap my brain around the 3 person's thing. I rather, if anything, think of God as Spirit who became flesh in Jesus for a time. But I think of Jesus as God. Not claiming it makes sense, its just how I see it based on my reading.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello amadeus, you say that a person must surrender to your God for a personal encounter. I am a little sceptical of this concept being a biblical truth, can you provide a theological source on this matter.

Thankyou.
If by theological source you mean outside of the Bible, No.
In the scriptures, Jesus provides his own example of surrender.

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt" Matt 26:39

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well my dear bb,
You say what you want to say...this is good, I hate to WONDER what people think and I sure can't read between the lines...I'm just no good at this.

Yes, we get to know too many things by which we ask too many questions and encounter too many answers. Ignorance is needed, but when it is too late for that... when we come to God we strive to clear our own slate coming to Him as a small child without all of that stuff in the way simply opening our heart to Him in surrender. Impossible? Alone, yes, so if our clutter is already too great to come to Him that way, then we ask Him for help so as to surrender anyway as the small child who has not gathered the clutter.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes, we get to know too many things by which we ask too many questions and encounter too many answers. Ignorance is needed, but when it is too late for that... when we come to God we strive to clear our own slate coming to Him as a small child without all of that stuff in the way simply opening our heart to Him in surrender. Impossible? Alone, yes, so if our clutter is already too great to come to Him that way, then we ask Him for help so as to surrender anyway as the small child who has not gathered the clutter.
Some persons can't get rid of the clutter....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some persons can't get rid of the clutter....
If they are really sincere, they will ask for help and they will receive His help. Some people are too certain of their own ability to figure it all out... and they refuse to empty themselves.

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." Prov 3:5-7

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matt 7:7-8

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
If by theological source you mean outside of the Bible, No.
In the scriptures, Jesus provides his own example of surrender.

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt" Matt 26:39
This is not what I mean. Do you actually have any biblical evidence (Chapter and Verse) that point out this concept of surrender in a formula that we can apply. Please provide any biblical documentation of the process behind surrendering to your God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not what I mean. Do you actually have any biblical evidence (Chapter and Verse) that point out this concept of surrender in a formula that we can apply. Please provide any biblical documentation of the process behind surrendering to your God.
I could give you a Bible study on it, but to what end? Very simply we follow the lead of the Holy Spirit. If you have never done this and do not already believe in it as a possibility, it would be a waste of time. To grow close to God including in knowledge you must start with belief:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

If you really express an interest in growing I would be happy to try to help you, but you express only doubt and/or disbelief.

No man can bring you to God. He calls a person and the person if he so chooses answers. Only God gives any real increase. The first increase for an unbeliever would be the belief mentioned in the verse I quoted above.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
I could give you a Bible study on it, but to what end? Very simply we follow the lead of the Holy Spirit. If you have never done this and do not already believe in it as a possibility, it would be a waste of time. To grow close to God including in knowledge you must start with belief:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

If you really express an interest in growing I would be happy to try to help you, but you express only doubt and/or disbelief.

No man can bring you to God. He calls a person and the person if he so chooses answers. Only God gives any real increase. The first increase for an unbeliever would be the belief mentioned in the verse I quoted above.
No one can help me but me, that has become painfully obvious living in a world like this. But let's just say for instance that someone could assist me with the matters of my heart & soul, then they better damn well know me well.

Or they'd only make things worse for me, that also is painfully obvious.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Any information my fellow human beings assume about me.
ok, i'm trying to get at did i do that, or someone else, and if i did that what did i assume?
does leave the world include faith, since faith is a big part of the world. Are you asking do you leave your faith, too? Certainly, in that context imo emptying your pockets and walking out your front door and going to another town and eating what they feed you is an analogy of completely abandoning your faith in the world, yes.
this is the post? i assumed something here?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well my dear bb,

man, i guess there's a lotta things little children just dont really need to even know lol. I dunno if i'm so smart or not, really, good at passing tests maybe lol, meh. But i dont know too many ppl in here with any "beliefs" whatsoever GG, tbh. Who among us is not functioning--living their lives iow--based upon their Absolute Truths?

Reactions: GodsGrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Umm...no, I wasn't trying to teach that I had met God...I was sharing that I did. If anything, I was trying to convey that men can meet God. Paul did. Before he did, he was a religious zealot, seeking to kill followers of the Way.

Actually, no, I don't think of God as a person. I think God is Spirit. And I never could wrap my brain around the 3 person's thing. I rather, if anything, think of God as Spirit who became flesh in Jesus for a time. But I think of Jesus as God. Not claiming it makes sense, its just how I see it based on my reading.
sure, i pretty much get you, ok, and of course i cannot say whether you "met God" or not, but see really i can, via Scripture, and i know this is kind of hard to accept ok, but God is not who you met, according to Scripture. If you can accept this. Doesnt mean you're ev...well, it does mean you are evil, but i dont mean that like you are maybe reading it, i am evil too, and why do you call Me good? should get a hearing in here, too, i guess.

But imo find the if He talks to us again, we will die and the appears as an angel of light and the unapproachable light and then see how "I met God" is gonna sound? It's just not something Jesus would ever have said, imo, although some passages could be inferred that way i guess, I came from the Father or something maybe, but so did we all, right. You are elohim, or anyway "I said 'you are elohim'" which i keep waiting for someone to correct me on but no one does, not quite what it says there, but close enough for a start.