The Jesuit Origins of Futurism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your obsession with Jesuits means that you are blind to the truth. Your assumption is that all Jesuits were clueless, but that is not borne out by the facts. And even if no Jesuit had ever existed, the Bible is sufficient -- in and of itself -- to prove that many things recorded in the Bible HAVE NOT BEEN FULFILLED AS YET. And that in a nutshell is so-called "Futurism".

However, it is clear from your posts that you refuse to carefully and diligently study the Scriptures alone, and rely on the opinions of theologians and delusional men for your theology and eschatology. And to him that hath not, even that which he hath shall be taken away.

I would be careful not to point a finger at Dave L about the careful study of the scriptures, particularly when you are as guilty of this error as he is, know what I mean?

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would be careful about a finger at Dave L about the careful study of the scriptures, particularly when you are as guilty of this error as he is, know what I mean?
No, I don't know what you mean. Show me where I am promoting the doctrines of men over Scripture.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, I don't know what you mean. Show me where I am promoting the doctrines of men over Scripture.

When I have posted proof of your ignorance on this forum you have come out swinging in an attempt to take the focus off of what I have posted about your ignorance by accusing me of not being knowledgeable concerning the things of God's Kingdom.

You have argued your righteousness based on the number of people who agree with you on those things as if having the numbers of those who believe like you is a proof of actually having understanding.

In your post above you accused Dave L of not studying the scriptures carefully enough for your liking and all I was doing in my post addressed to you was to point out that there are others who would accuse you of the same things. That was all. All I was saying was be careful that this accusation does not come back and bite you on the bum as well.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just uploaded Pseudo-Ephraem (c. 374-627)

This was 1200 years before you're Jesuits.

Not even interested in reading your uploaded information. Nor am I interested in being tarred with the same brush as Dave L.

D

Dave L

Your obsession with Jesuits means that you are blind to the truth. Your assumption is that all Jesuits were clueless, but that is not borne out by the facts. And even if no Jesuit had ever existed, the Bible is sufficient -- in and of itself -- to prove that many things recorded in the Bible HAVE NOT BEEN FULFILLED AS YET. And that in a nutshell is so-called "Futurism".

However, it is clear from your posts that you refuse to carefully and diligently study the Scriptures alone, and rely on the opinions of theologians and delusional men for your theology and eschatology. And to him that hath not, even that which he hath shall be taken away.
Scripture alone refutes Dispensationalism, that is built upon silence of the scriptures. A phony gap the Jesuits inserted into Daniel's originally contiguous 70 weeks. If you follow the Jesuits, you do not follow Jesus in these matters.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture alone refutes Dispensationalism, that is built upon silence of the scriptures. A phony gap the Jesuits inserted into Daniel's originally contiguous 70 weeks. If you follow the Jesuits, you do not follow Jesus in these matters.
Read the file I posted. You conveniently skipped over it.

D

Dave L

Right, no where does God's Word mention men's doctrine called Futurism, nor Historicism, nor Preterism. Those are all tethers, like a goat on a rope.
It's the false interpretation of futurism that identifies it with the Jesuits.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A phony gap the Jesuits inserted into Daniel's originally contiguous 70 weeks.
There is no phony Jesuit gap in Daniel's 70th week. It is there because Daniel's prophecy has simply not been fulfilled. None of this has been fulfilled as yet:

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, [1] to finish the transgression, and [2] to make an end of sins, and [3] to make reconciliation for iniquity, and [4] to bring in everlasting righteousness, and [5] to seal up the vision and prophecy, and [6] to anoint the most Holy.

Everlasting righteousness can only established in the New Heavens and the New Earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness".

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no phony Jesuit gap in Daniel's 70th week. It is there because Daniel's prophecy has simply not been fulfilled. None of this has been fulfilled as yet:

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, [1] to finish the transgression, and [2] to make an end of sins, and [3] to make reconciliation for iniquity, and [4] to bring in everlasting righteousness, and [5] to seal up the vision and prophecy, and [6] to anoint the most Holy.

Everlasting righteousness can only established in the New Heavens and the New Earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness".

Wrong. Everlasting righteousness will begin with Jesus' return, and the "first resurrection". Unless you believe the "resurrection of life" doesn't mean everlasting life in Jesus...

John 5:28-29
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
KJV

D

Dave L

You are making Daniel a false prophet and turning Jesus into Antichrist by claiming a gap and don't even know it.