The Jesuits ... What is their role? Part 1 and 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In your pride RogerDC your stumbling subjects you to poor judgement.
Pride? What is proud about submitting to the judgement and leadership of Christ's Church?

And you didn't answer my question - Which verse says the Bible is the "fullness" of Christ?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can you suddenly claim to be a Catholic when so many of your posts are anti-Catholic? If you are a Catholic, you have just placed yourself outside the Church, being duped by radical reactionaries and slanted media. It's no secret there are Satanists AT the Vatican, but no one has been able to prove they run or influence anything.
Cardinal Sarah: To oppose the pope is to be outside the church
VATICAN CITY -- Guinean Cardinal Robert Sarah, prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments, said the people who portray him as an opponent of Pope Francis are being used by the devil to help divide the church.

Anti-Catholic Protestant James White and Catholic Reactionary Steve Skojec Echo Each Other’s Gigantic Whoppers

"...These are serious, world-class lies; outright whoppers, the very opposite of the truth: worthy of the old Soviet Union, Communist China, or the Nazi propaganda machine. Where do people get off lying like this? It’s mortal, soul-endangering sin. And when a Catholic commits it against the pope, it’s also blasphemy (yes, blasphemy is more than just lying about God).

Now, what I did was simply search Pope Francis’ Twitter page (since both men above made reference to it), using Google advanced search, for any of the following terms: gospel, good news, salvation, save[d], repent[ant], preach[ing], evangel[ize] [-ism], and faith[ful]. We’ll see how often — as a matter of fact — the Holy Father stresses these things, and some other related ones as well. And the more he does (actually, far more than any of us stress and proclaim them), the more Skojec and White are seen to be damnable, blasphemous liars in this respect. Here are the results, categorized by terms, and in chronological order. You be the judge...click here.
I am not a Roman Catholic, thank God.

Protestants claim to be Catholic, at least the C of E did and so did the Lutherans.

I have come out from them as the Bible expresses we should do, not to follow a whore that they all have become, the reason why is because they have turned from Christ Jesus and are extremely so worldly that they make me feel sick and I have had a gut full enough of such babble over the years that is truly only mans works religious dribble, that's down on the same level as the Pharisee's, not to mention the systemic madness of bastard Jewish idolatry and Islamic idolatry, that has taken front and centre of esteem regard but what do you expect from simplistic religious fools, who clearly do not truly know and understand who Jesus Christ is in reality.

Even I knew full well in the late 70's of the corruption within the Churches of hiding child molesters and they were in fact aiding and abetting them, political powers were keeping a lid on it all. Police who gathered evidence had the rug pulled out from under them from up high and Priest knew only too well what went on, but shut their mouth for fear of others in the ranks. such will go to Hell.
I know them by their works, as the Bible explains that a true Christian will.

In 1980 I was thinking that this is not going to go down well for the sake of the Church (Christ Body) I thought that the Church had so much to offer, but sadly that was being eroded away by Satanist within the Churches.
The RCC came to be known by it's flock, as the Electric Church, because whenever one went, you got a shock.

I asked why did the RC School that my children went to, had such 3rd rate blasphemy crosses about the place, if the Cross does not represent Jesus on the Cross it is blasphemy.
The Cross is a worthless image, not top mention that the Bible explains that it is not a good thing in it's self, but it's Jesus on the Cross that sends the message of his power. Sin put the Son of God up on the Cross and it's what Jesus Christ did, not the bloody Cross, the cross it's self has no power at all, but as too one carrying the Cross, it's the power of Jesus that we a witnessing.

The only Pope that I have a real problem with is Pope Frances, I love St Frances and I was impressed that a Pope would name himself such and had high hopes for this Pope, but what a shocker he is:(. the Media love him and we all know that the Media is a Whore. remember how the Media totally hated every other Pope totally slandering them, in my life time.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Firstly, it is not up to me to do you homework for you - you made the claim that Thomas Aquinas approved of the death penalty for heretics, so the onus is on you to cite an example. Not providing the evidence and passing the buck does nothing for your credibility - it just makes you look like a bs-artist.
RogerDC, Brakelite has given you good direction re this information. He no doubt doesn't need the homework as he is familiar with it...why despise it? There is a truck load online....and to say that it makes him look like a BS artist is not only incorrect but it reveals your engrained prejudice against information that could challenge your view.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pride? What is proud about submitting to the judgement and leadership of Christ's Church?

And you didn't answer my question - Which verse says the Bible is the "fullness" of Christ?
You demand answers to arbitrary questions as if I'm obligated to answer them. All this does is highlight the arrogant position you take....as if that is not proud.....it reflects the same position of the RCC.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A Jesuit is a Catholic priest who is a member of the Society of Jesus, which is a religious order that was founded in the sixteen century and is today headquartered in Rome. (Jesuits are highly intelligent and it takes about ten years of full-time study to become one.)

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Jesuits (The Society of Jesus)
The Benedictans, Franciscans, Dominicans, and Jesuits were having a big meeting that went well into the middle of the night. Suddenly all the lights went out in the meeting room. The Benedictans immediately started chanting Psalms glorifying God, the Franciscans took out their guitars and sang songs praising all creation, and the Dominicans began preaching about the metaphysics of light and darkness; meanwhile the Jesuits went to the basement, found the fuse box, and reset the breaker.

A Franciscan and a Dominican were debating about whose order was the greater. After months of arguing, they decided to ask for an answer from God when they died. Years later, they met in heaven and decided to go to the throne of God to resolve their old disagreement. God seemed a bit puzzled about the question and told them he would reply in writing a few days later. After much deliberation, God sent the following letter:

My beloved children,

Please stop bickering about such trivial matters. Both of your orders are equally great and good in my eyes.

Sincerely yours,

God, S.J.

Jesuit Jokes - compiled by Felix Just, S.J.

Reactions: RogerDC

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your mistake is to assume that your interpretation of the scriptures is the primary source of truth. That is an antichrist fallacy introduced by heretics who are unwitting servants of Satan.

Where do the scriptures say the Bible is the "fullness" of Christ?
Eph 1:22-23 says the CHURCH is the "fullness" of Christ - gee, I wonder what that means ...
SPOT THE FAKE VERSES!
:
Ephesians 1:22-23
22 And God put all things under Christ’s feet, and gave him to the church as head over all things. 23 Now the church is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.

22 And God put scripture alone under Christ’s feet, and gave him scripture alone as head over all things. 23 Now the scriptures is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.

Matthew 18:17
If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. If he refuses to listen to the church, treat him like a Gentile or a tax collector.

If he refuses to listen to them, show him scripture alone. If he refuses to listen to scripture alone, treat him like a Gentile or a tax collector.

1 Timothy 3:15
in case I am delayed, to let you know how people ought to conduct themselves in the household of God, because it is the church of the living God, the support and bulwark of the truth.

in case I am delayed, to let you know how people ought to conduct themselves in the household of God, because it is scripture alone, the support and bulwark of the truth.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I prefer to participate on Saturday evening Mass at 5:00 P.M., which fulfils my Sunday obligation. Your constant harping against Sunday worship is meaningless.
That you believe you have a Sunday obligation means my 'harping' is not meaningless at all. But my harping as you term it isn't against worshipping on Sunday. I worship on Sundays.. And Mondays, Wednesdays, and other days as well. No, it isn't about that. It's the coming Catholic inspired persecution against those who choose to rest on the seventh day Sabbath instead of the global legislated Sunday being enforced by Protestant America. That's the issue. You can worship any day you like. You can go to mass any day you like. No problem. I simply expect the same freedom you demand and rightly expect for yourself. Can you guarantee that?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, it isn't about that. It's the coming Catholic inspired persecution against those who choose to rest on the seventh day Sabbath instead of the global legislated Sunday being enforced by Protestant America.

know that, even though a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if his oracle is not fulfilled or verified, it is an oracle which the LORD did not speak. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously, and you shall have no fear of him.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
know that, even though a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if his oracle is not fulfilled or verified, it is an oracle which the LORD did not speak. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously, and you shall have no fear of him.
well quoted!.....now let's see how what was spoken will unfold. When it unfolds as spoken what will your position be?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That you believe you have a Sunday obligation means my 'harping' is not meaningless at all. But my harping as you term it isn't against worshipping on Sunday. I worship on Sundays.. And Mondays, Wednesdays, and other days as well. No, it isn't about that. It's the coming Catholic inspired persecution against those who choose to rest on the seventh day Sabbath instead of the global legislated Sunday being enforced by Protestant America. That's the issue. You can worship any day you like. You can go to mass any day you like. No problem. I simply expect the same freedom you demand and rightly expect for yourself. Can you guarantee that?
"It's the coming Catholic inspired persecution against those who choose to rest on the seventh day Sabbath instead of the global legislated Sunday being enforced by Protestant America" is a paranoid delusion invented by Ellen G. White. For Catholicism to impose any such thing is impossible, it would contradict numerous encyclicals. Protestants and Catholics don't care what Sabbatarians do, and never will, so this prophecy is absurd. It is an affront to the freedom of all Sunday worshippers because it teaches that Sunday worshippers are the mark of the beast. It demonizes all of Christianity. You have all the freedom you want, but your teaching on this is persecutory in itself. If SDA leaders would listen to its own scholars pleading for amendments on your own books, you wouldn't be losing so many members. The SDA is a house divided.
You guys have had the freedom to worship on Saturday, and always will. So do I. You demand freedom while demonizing all of Christianity over a fear mongering fictitious prophecy that makes no sense.

The Church opposes government sanctioned abortion, same sex marriage, infanticide, euthanasia, slavery etc., and has no power over governments to tell them what to legislate. But the SDA thinks that governments will pass Sunday only worship laws which violates Church teachings in the first place.

Last edited:

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I prefer to participate on Saturday evening Mass at 5:00 P.M., which fulfils my Sunday obligation. Your constant harping against Sunday worship is meaningless.
is that a Catholic mass you attend to eat flesh and blood despite GOD saying pour blood out on the ground?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I asked why did the RC School that my children went to, had such 3rd rate blasphemy crosses about the place, if the Cross does not represent Jesus on the Cross it is blasphemy.
This is the doctrine of Alexander Hislop, who continues to poison the minds of certain fundamentalist circles to this day. This FUNDAMENTAL BAPTIST CHRISTIAN site explains why Hislop's books are unreliable.

Matt. 10:38 – Jesus said, “he who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.” Jesus defines discipleship as one’s willingness to suffer with Him. Being a disciple of Jesus not only means having faith in Him, but offering our sufferings to the Father as He did.

Matt. 16:24; Mark 8:34 – Jesus said, “if any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.” Jesus wants us to empty ourselves so that God can fill us. When we suffer, we can choose to seek consolation in God and become closer to Jesus.

Luke 9:23 – Jesus says we must take up this cross daily. He requires us to join our daily temporal sacrifices (pain, inconvenience, worry) with His eternal sacrifice.

Luke 14:27 – Jesus said, “whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple.” If we reject God because we suffer, we fail to apply the graces that Jesus won for us by His suffering.

John 7:39 – Jesus was first glorified on the cross, not just the resurrection. This text refers to John 19:34, when Jesus was pierced on the cross by the soldier’s lance.

1 Cor. 1:23- Paul preaches a Christ crucified, not just risen. Catholic spirituality focuses on the sacrifice of Christ which is the only means to the resurrection. This is why Catholic churches have crucifixes with the corpus of Jesus affixed to them. Many Protestant churches no longer display the corpus of Jesus (only an empty cross). Thus, they only preach a Christ risen, not crucified. But Reggie goes further, and declares the cross a blasphemy.

Reggie and brokelight are recuperating in my ICU (Ignore Care Unit) and hopefully the Holy Spirit will heal their bigotry and prejudice. Anti-Catholicism is a tradition of men and just as bad as racism.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know @Illuminator I am sure you are very sincere in your beliefs. You are very certain that you have been taught truth and it is your unbound duty to declare that truth with all. I have no axe to grind regarding anyone who sincerely desires to share their faith and explain why they believe the way they do. 50 years ago you may have found me, a dedicated Catholic altar boy and Catholic School student defending the Catholic Church as sincerely and determinedly as you are doing today, only I would not have done so with such eloquence.
It is apparent you are offended by my beliefs. And it seems the basis for your being offended is your perception that I am bigoted, prejudiced, and anti Catholic. I must admit this isn't the first time a Catholic apologist has resorted to using such terms in describing my person. Yet I don't believe we have ever met. Have we? I don't think so. Yet you claim to know me so well. From just a few posts I've written concerning the history and character, not of you personally, not of anyone else personally, but of an institution. I have no issues with you defending the institution. You obviously disagree with my perspective of history, and you think my conclusions are wrong. You don't believe that the papacy has any ambitions for world dominion. You don't believe that history reveals a line of ambitious Popes through the middle ages bent on European power. You don't believe the history that reveals how certain Popes ruled over Kings and queens and used fear and intimidation, and the power of foreign armies, to bring those Nations into subjection. And you also deny how certain Popes took up arms against certain religious bodies that refused to surrender to papal authority. That's fine. You are totally within your rights to deny all of the above. And you are of course totally within your rights to believe that the church has changed. That today the papacy doesn't do any of those things. That she is still the pillar and ground for truth. The source of all that is good and right and virtuous in the world. (Although if she has changed, what did she change from? And if she hasn't changed, then was all the history that is written of her a lie?)
The history books I read.... They are but the ravings and rants if anti Catholic bigots? All of them? With no shred of truth whatsoever? People like Wylie, Foxxe, Daubigne, Dowling, and numerous other all liars and deceivers and bigots? That people like Luther, and the dozens of writers, contemporaries of his, who witnessed the practices and were brought up in Catholic universities and were doctors and lawyers and professors or history and teachers of theology in Catholic universities... They also were all liars and deceivers and bigots and there was not a shred of truth to be believed amongst any of them?
And you think the readers of this thread believe your aggressive and insulting tone against me, and others personally is an adequate defense against countless pages of recorded history? Seriously???? Is that all you've got?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For Catholicism to impose any such thing is impossible, it would contradict numerous encyclicals.
If you knew as much about Adventist views of prophecy as you claim to, you wouldn't have said the above, nor needed to. It isn't the Vatican that imposes the mark of the beast. Although the beast is the papacy. But it isn't the Catholic Church that enforces the mark. It's the apostate Protestant church of America.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And @RogerDC said he didn't know of any Catholic doctrine that isn't in scripture. I just happened to point one out. You call that harping lol. I call it educating... Or as BoL would put it... Schooling.
You obviously haven't bothered to find out why the early (as in, Acts) Church changed the "Sabbath" from Saturday to Sunday. If you did, you would discover that you are wrong - there is scriptural support for the change.