The Jewish People are Jehovah’s Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You know what’s doubly sad, is that scripture is quoted for what the words imply and their assumed meaning, without study of the Bible itself to confirm if it is correctly understood or translated.

“For the Scripture says, ”Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

The opening words are important because of who is spoken about…..”the scripture says”….is referring to the OT and this is a reference to Isaiah 28:16…
“Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says:
“Here I am laying as a foundation in Zion a tested stone,
The precious cornerstone of a sure foundation.

No one exercising faith will panic”.”

These are God’s words.…and the second part “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord” is a quotation from Joel 2:32….where it says….”everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved“…..at the time the apostles lived, there was no NT.
“All scripture” that was “inspired of God“ referred to in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 was a reference to the Hebrew Scriptures.

If the divine name had not been lost, then the ambiguity when identifying which “Lord” is meant, would not exist. “Jehovah” (YHWH) is God’s name….but ”Lord” is just a title, applied to various people in the Bible, including Jesus.
John 14:24…
”Whoever does not love me does not observe my words. The word that you are hearing is not mine, but belongs to the Father who sent me.”

Jesus did not speak his own words, but the words of his God And Father.

He is his Father’s “holy servant”…..(Acts 4:27)

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female; for ye all are one man in Christ Jesus.

There is [now no distinction in regard to salvation] neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you [who believe] are all one in Christ Jesus [no one can claim a spiritual superiority].

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what’s doubly sad, is that scripture is quoted for what the words imply and their assumed meaning, without study of the Bible itself to confirm if it is correctly understood or translated.
Hmmm. I'm not sure such extreme eisegesis even limits itself to actual implications. They are content that the words COULD be taken to support their doctrine, while at the very same time:
  1. Deny explicit Scripture that contradicts their doctrine.
  2. Ignore many more implications from Scripture that undermine and discredit their doctrine.
To them, the God who put his words in stone, setting the standard in the human experience for direct and explicit communciation, suddenly resorts to shadows and implications for what they claim is the most important thing to believe if you are going to be saved.

They take what is absent as the central message of Scripture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female; for ye all are one man in Christ Jesus.

There is [now no distinction in regard to salvation] neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you [who believe] are all one in Christ Jesus [no one can claim a spiritual superiority].
And how was that a response to what I posted? The emphasis was on whose name we are told to call on.
A quotation from Joel 2:32 indicates that it is the name of Yahweh, (Jehovah) since Jesus is the “holy servant” of his God. (Acts 4:27)
Paul also calls Jesus an “apostle”, (Hebrews 3:1) so how is a servant and apostle also the same personage as the one he serves? He is our “High Priest” as well, so how can he serve his God in that capacity if he is also the one being served?
Perhaps you can clear these things up for me...?

But regarding the verse you chose to highlight.....
No longer does nationality, economic status or gender put a follower of Christ in a superior position to any other because “all you are brothers”....they are one body in the service of their Lord in the heavenly Kingdom. No titles will distinguish one from another because all who carry out the assignments given to them as part of the elect, are positions of service and responsibility.....just as they are on earth.

Gender precluded women from serving as priests in Israel, but since there is no gender in heaven (the elect are in spirit form, as are the angels) all will be equal in their service assignments.

Matthew 23:8-12....
8 But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. 9 Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. 10 Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ. 11 But the greatest one among you must be your minister. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”

Here is a question for you....how many names does Jesus have? How many names does God have? (Names, not titles)
Read Revelation 3:12 and note the last line of Jesus’ words....
“‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.”

How many times does Jesus mention his God in that one verse? (he was in heaven when the Revelation was given to John) Even in heaven, Jehovah is the God of Jesus.

What is the “new name” that Jesus is given? He does not divulge it, but Paul made reference to it in Phill 2:7-11...
“No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human. 8 More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake. 9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Note that Jesus is given “a name that above every other name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend”. If Jesus is God, then how does God “exalt him to a superior position and give him a name that is above all others”? There is only one who is “the Most High over all the earth”...Yahweh (Psalm 83:18 Jehovah)....no one can be higher or more superior.

We are to openly acknowledge that “Jesus is Lord” (a title that in English is equivalent to “Sir”) “to the glory of the Father”...not the son.

• Love
Reactions: Wrangler

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And how was that a response to what I posted? The emphasis was on whose name we are told to call on.
A quotation from Joel 2:32 indicates that it is the name of Yahweh, (Jehovah) since Jesus is the “holy servant” of his God. (Acts 4:27)
Paul also calls Jesus an “apostle”, (Hebrews 3:1) so how is a servant and apostle also the same personage as the one he serves? He is our “High Priest” as well, so how can he serve his God in that capacity if he is also the one being served?
Perhaps you can clear these things up for me...?

I noticed that you kept using the Calvinism term "elect".

So, are you a Calvinist,= ? = As only a Calvinist puts a lot of over-emphasis on that term.

So....That verse is talking to Jews, not born again Believers.

Notice vs 5, and 7&8..

Paul is talking to unsaved Jews.

How do you know? Its because he warns them in verse 8 not to "harden their Heart"......comparing them to their "fathers", in verse 9.

Now Abraham is the "Father of our Faith"< but Paul was talking about Moses to these Jews, regarding what these Jew's Father's did....in the OT.

He would not be talking to a group of born again Believers about Moses and 40 yrs walking around Israel, as a warning.

Paul is talking to people who are very familiar with the TORAH and MOSES.
That's not gentiles.
That's JEWS.

So, that is not the gentiles. That's not the bride of Christ, being addressed. = same as Hebrews 10:26.

Thats a Jewish Apostle talking to Jewish unbelievers, about their Messiah, the Jew, referring over and over to MOSES. And that is because Religious Jews worship Moses, and the Law.

If you read Act 28:28 , you'll see the same Paul, the same Jews, and He leaves them....."im going to the Gentiles". "they will hear the Gospel".

But regarding the verse you chose to highlight.....
No longer does nationality, economic status or gender put a follower of Christ in a superior position to any other because “all you are brothers”....they are one body in the service of their Lord in the heavenly Kingdom. No titles will distinguish one from another because all who carry out the assignments given to them as part of the elect, are positions of service and responsibility.....just as they are on earth.

The reason that all are one, is because the verse is talking about being "in Christ", where there is no distinction.

In other words......its not talking about the body, or the person. The verse is describing the Born again Spirit, that is the same.... "in Christ".

Down here, we are all humans, ethnic groups, gender specific.
But the born again spirit, is not any of that.... Its only "in Christ"... and that is "one with God".

Gender precluded women from serving as priests in Israel, but since there is no gender in heaven (the elect are in spirit form, as are the angels) all will be equal in their service assignments.

All will be "conformed into the Image of Christ", exactly the same way..

However, there will be levels of assignment.......based on real service down here.
There is a bema seat of Christ.. There are "Crowns" we "win"..
So, there is no un-equality, because all are one in God, in Christ, but there will be different assignments when we are with Messiah.

This is why we "lay up Treasure in Heaven" by being faithful down here.

Paul said that He faithfully finished his Course, and there is a Crown waiting for Him.
That's not his Salvation, as He has that, as we do who are born again.
There is more to come... there is inheritance, Crowns, rewards.....

1 Corinthians 2:9​

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.​

Matthew 23:8-12....
8 But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. 9 Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. 10 Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ. 11 But the greatest one among you must be your minister. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”

Yes, the "last shall be first"...
The pure servant's heart is the greatest in the KOG.

There is only one who is “the Most High over all the earth”...Yahweh (Psalm 83:18 Jehovah)....no one can be higher or more superior.

We are to openly acknowledge that “Jesus is Lord” (a title that in English is equivalent to “Sir”) “to the glory of the Father”...not the son.

Jesus sometimes spoke of His equivalency with God., Not as Father, but as Deity.

Here are a few..

"All power in heaven and earth has been given to me".

"i have the power to lay down my life and i have the power to take it up again" = "God hath raised Jesus from the Dead"

John 20:22 "receive you the Holy Spirit"", Christ told the 11 apostles ", and that is exactly what God did with Adam...when God breathed into Adam.
=. They both "Breathed" the Holy Spirit, and only God can give the Holy Spirit. And the HS is the Breath of Life.

Jesus said, "you believe in God, believe also in Me".

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I noticed that you kept using the Calvinism term "elect".

So, are you a Calvinist,= ? = As only a Calvinist puts a lot of over-emphasis on that term.
LOL......so talking about God’s “chosen ones” or “saints” means something else when use the term “elect”? Are you serious? What does it mean to be “elected”? What pedantic nonsense.
So....That verse is talking to Jews, not born again Believers.

Notice vs 5, and 7&8..

Paul is talking to unsaved Jews.

How do you know? Its because he warns them in verse 8 not to "harden their Heart"......comparing them to their "fathers", in verse 9.

Now Abraham is the "Father of our Faith"< but Paul was talking about Moses to these Jews, regarding what these Jew's Father's did....in the OT.

He would not be talking to a group of born again Believers about Moses and 40 yrs walking around Israel, as a warning.

Paul is talking to people who are very familiar with the TORAH and MOSES.
That's not gentiles.
That's JEWS.
Again I have to smile.....who is Paul talking to here in “HEBREWS”.....could it be Jewish believers?....members of the Jewish Christian congregation? Since it is included in Christian scripture, it is addressed to Christians who came out of the Jewish religious system because Jesus was sent exclusively to them...”the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. All of the first Christians were Jewish....but you knew that...right?
So, that is not the gentiles. That's not the bride of Christ, being addressed. = same as Hebrews 10:26.
Are you saying that the “bride of Christ” is made up of only gentiles?

Hebrews 10:26 says....in context....
“For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, 27 but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a burning indignation that is going to consume those in opposition. 28 Anyone who has disregarded the Law of Moses dies without compassion on the testimony of two or three. 29 How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt? 30 For we know the One who said: “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again: “Jehovah will judge his people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

This is addressed to Jewish Christians who had to learn what their contemporaries did not.....don’t emulate your forefathers! The nation of Israel served as an example of what not to be, and what not to do, way more than they ever served as a good example.
Thats a Jewish Apostle talking to Jewish unbelievers, about their Messiah, the Jew, referring over and over to MOSES. And that is because Religious Jews worship Moses, and the Law.
He is speaking to Jewish believers, referring to the way Israel behaved all through their history, and especially towards their Messiah when he came to them..
The Pharisees did not teach God’s law authentically....they made adjustments to the meaning of the law to suit themselves....just as Christendom has done by adopting man made traditions and ignoring God’s word and Christ’s commands. (Matt 15:7-9)
If you read Act 28:28 , you'll see the same Paul, the same Jews, and He leaves them....."im going to the Gentiles". "they will hear the Gospel".
Read the context to see who Paul is addressing (Acts 28:17-22)....seriously, my pet hate is those who quote scripture without regard for context.
The Gentiles were later additions to the Christian congregations because it fulfilled the promise made to Abraham, centuries before.....
Gen 22:17-18...
“I will surely bless you and I will surely multiply your offspring like the stars of the heavens and like the grains of sand on the seashore, and your offspring will take possession of the gate of his enemies. 18 And by means of your offspring all nations of the earth will obtain a blessing for themselves because you have listened to my voice.’”

All the nations would eventually be open to the blessings that God was to give to the disciples of his son....but Israel was given first choice as Abraham’s offspring.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus sometimes spoke of His equivalency with God., Not as Father, but as Deity.
Never once did Jesus ever refer to himself as equivalent to his God and Father.
”The Father is greater than I am”……(John 14:28)

“This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.” (John 17:3) There is only “one true God”……and it isn’t Jesus.
Here are a few..

"All power in heaven and earth has been given to me".
Did you miss the bit about “all power” being “given” to Jesus, in heaven and on earth.....”giving” something to someone means that they did not have it before.
If he was deity, then who needed to give him power? He would already possess all the power he needed if he was Almighty God.

“Authority” also needed to be given to Jesus (Matt 28:18).....again, if he was deity, did he not already have “all authority”? Why did it need to be “given” to him? Where is the equality?
"i have the power to lay down my life and i have the power to take it up again" = "God hath raised Jesus from the Dead"
Yes, the power given to him by his Father.....who raised him from the dead. He did not raise himself.
John 20:22 "receive you the Holy Spirit"", Christ told the 11 apostles ", and that is exactly what God did with Adam...when God breathed into Adam.
=. They both "Breathed" the Holy Spirit, and only God can give the Holy Spirit. And the HS is the Breath of Life.
Sorry but this a bit skewed. Receiving the holy spirit empowered the disciples to perform fetes of supernatural power, where does it say that about Adam?
What God breathed into Adam was “the breath (spirit) of life.” Adam was created by God’s spirit, but he manifested no supernatural powers…..nor was he given an immortal soul. He was the “soul” that God created.
Souls are naturally mortal….they die. (Ezekiel 18:4) Never are “souls” called disembodied spirits. We breathe the same air, and die the same death as the animals. (Eccl 3:19-20)
Jesus said, "you believe in God, believe also in Me".
In context….John 14:1-3…
”Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me. 2 In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be.

When he says exercise faith (believe) in God, if he was deity, he could have stopped right there……but he said “believe also in me”….The word “also” means “as well as”…..so the Father taught the son, and the son passed all his knowledge onto his disciples. We need to listen to both, as God’s word was conveyed by his prophets in ancient times, whereas it was by means of his Messiah and apostles in the first century. All of God’s word is inspired by him.

John 7:14-16….
14 When the festival was half over, Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching. 15 And the Jews were astonished, saying: “How does this man have such a knowledge of the Scriptures when he has not studied at the schools?”:16 Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me.

If the Bible does not contradict itself, then you sure have a lot of explaining to do…..

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Souls are naturally mortal….they die. (Ezekiel 18:4) Never are “souls” called disembodied spirits.
It is amazing how anyone can read the Bible and walk away still thinking in terms of the man made tradition of an immortal soul.

AJ, we are not talking about ignorant people here. They've read the Bible! The term willfully ignorant sadly applies. Obviously, the word of God only partially matters to them, only to the point that it "supports" their IDOLATRY. I'm sickened by how widespread IDOLATRY is in Christendom.

Those who falsely believe they are free are most enslaved.
Goethe

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The Jewish People are Jehovah’s Witnesses​

You mean God is right into genocide?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
LOL......so talking about God’s “chosen ones” or “saints” means something else when use the term “elect”? Are you serious? What does it mean to be “elected”? What pedantic nonsense.

Yes im serious.

See, Calvinist's obsess on the term "elect". and "pre-destined".

So, you didnt answer my question. ."are you a calvinist"

You dodged it.

Its not a difficult question, but you chose not to answer., so, that's the answer.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Again I have to smile.....who is Paul talking to here in “HEBREWS”.....could it be Jewish believers?....members of the Jewish Christian congregation? Since it is included in Christian scripture,

You dont understand that these Apostles sometimes preached to the lost, in the "scriptures".
So, those verses are not applicable to the "church", (doctrinally) as they are addressed to unbelievers.

People like you who dont understand this, read the NT and dont realize that sometimes the VERSE is not directed at the Born again Believer.

If you are able to understand this, later on.... then you will find that many verses in the NT, are not doctrinal for the Born again Believer, and if you never understand this, they you'll end up misapplying a verse to yourself, as you do now.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is addressed to Jewish Christians who had to learn what their contemporaries did not...

Not Jewish believers.

Do you Actually own a bible?
I appreciate that you are full of commentaries and online sites..
But, lets get away from that junk, and just read Acts 28:28.

Once again, another verse that is not directed to the BORN AGAIN., as i told you before.... many verses in the NT are not doctrinal or directed to the born again.

See these Jewish Apostles preached to the LOST, and sometimes that is the VERSE.

Hebrews for example if filled with these verses.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Never once did Jesus ever refer to himself as equivalent to his God and Father.
”The Father is greater than I am”……(John 14:28)

You dont read a lot of NT. ....... I can tell.

Here is what Jesus said.

"i and my Father are one".

"if you've seen me you've = SEEN the Father"

and many more.
You can find them, if you have the time. (use a bible).

Did you miss the bit about “all power” being “given” to Jesus, in heaven and on earth.....”giving” something to someone means that they did not have it before.

Jesus had it before.

Let me show you...

Genesis 1.... "The Word was GOD"... and that is pre-incarnate Jesus.

He's found here..."God was manifested in the FLESH"

And notice this also..

Genesis 1... "Let US make man is OUR image"""

Do you see..

"US" and 'OUR"?

That is 2.

God the Father, and Christ the Word.

John 1

If he was deity, then who needed to give him power? He would already possess all the power he needed if he was Almighty God.

He was the God man... while here.

This is why Jesus said......>"i have the POWER to lay down my life and i have the POWER to take it up"..

So, that is Jesus describing His literal resurrection from the Dead.... as "God has raised Him from the Dead".

Receiving the holy spirit empowered the disciples to perform fetes of supernatural power, where does it say that about Adam?
What God breathed into Adam was “the breath (spirit) of life.” Adam was created by God’s spirit, but he manifested no supernatural powers…

You are not thinking, you are too busy trying to prove what you've been taught.

Listen.

God and Jesus both 'Breathed" the Holy Spirit.... you read the verses ? = Only GOD can give the Holy Spirit.

He did, in Genesis and in John.

Also, Adam had supernatural power.
It's implied.
For example he knew the names of all the animals.... He didnt make them up.

When he says exercise faith (believe) in God, if he was deity, he could have stopped right there……but he said “believe also in me”….The word “also” means “as well as”…..so the Father taught the son,

The reason you can believe in Jesus as you believe in the Father, is because "i and my Father are one", Jesus told you.

16 Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me.

Yes, however,

"Colossians 2 1......In Christ.. """.in whom are hidden ALL the treasures of wisdom and knowledge"

So, He had the knowledge, Himself, also.

And if you have a bible, then read John 1:10....as it tells YOU that Jesus made the WORLD. (The earth).(Creation).

Then read Colossians 1:16, and find out that Jesus as the WORD, pre-incarnate is God, as Creator.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's Name includes YHVH's Name within it.
Care to eloborate?
You CANNOT separate Jesus from being part of The GODHEAD,
Yes, because the Godhead doesn't exist.
which something Jehovah's Witness cult attempts to do, even claiming the falseness that Jesus is the Archangel Michael.
Jehovah's Witnesses are not the only ones who believe that Jesus is Michael and archangel. The following groups and individuals also believe this teaching.

1. Seventh-day Adventist
2. Bible Students

Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892), a Baptist minister wrote in his "Morning and Evening" devotional for
(morning October 3) regarding angels, based on Hebrews 1:14, and speaking of the Lord Jesus Christ:

“He it is whose camp is round about them that fear Him; He is the true Michael whose foot is upon the dragon. All hail, Jesus! thou Angel of Jehovah’s presence, to Thee this family offers its morning vows.”
From a Spurgeon sermon ‘The Angelic Life’ (22 November 1868) comes this partial quote:

“Our Lord is called an angel. He is the angel of the covenant... We read that Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels, and the dragon was cast down. The fight is going on every day. Michael is the Lord Jesus, the only Archangel.”

Isaac Watts, (1674-1748) an English Congregationalist wrote: in "The Glory of Christ as God-Man" on page 223

And may not Christ himself be this Michael the Arch-angel, the Prince of Israel? It has been observed by some writers, that the scripture never speaks of arch-angels in the plural number; perhaps there is but one arch-angel and that is Christ.

John Gill, a Baptist pastor (circa 1750) wrote this about Michael the Archangel based on Jude 1:9:

"Yet Michael the Archangel.... By whom is meant, not a created angel, but an eternal one, the Lord Jesus Christ;”

Charles Russel started the Jehovah's Witness cult,
Actually, Russell started the Bible Students Association. After his death there was a huge split in the movement. 15 years later in 1931, the Society, which deviated from much of his beliefs and teachings created the Jehovah's Witnesses.
and it is a cult because he even stated that if one only used his Bible study lessons, they wouldn't need to read The Bible. Whoah! Big Red Flag!
This idea has been floating around for over 100 years, since I'm not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I'll let them respond. I can however speak for Russell, or shall I let Russell speak for himself. Did Russell actually say his writings supplant the Bible?

The article in question is found in September 15, 1910 issue of the Watch Tower, Page 297. Where he states the following:

THE plan of reading twelve pages of the STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES each day, tried by so many, results in more Bible study than any other way that we know of. We believe that it is not so much the time that is given to Bible study, but the amount of study done and the amount of information gained, that counts. We all know people who have spent days and weeks and years in the study of the Bible and have learned little or nothing. We think the idea that Bible study is merely the time spent in handling a Bible and reading over some verses is a mistaken idea.

It is a great deal like hunting or fishing. Some people go hunting every year, and though they do a lot of hunting, it is no sure indication of how much they get. Some do a lot of fishing, but do not get many fish. Bible study is very much the same. It is not the amount of time we spend in poring over a passage, but the amount of information we secure from the Bible.

The six volumes of SCRIPTURE STUDIES are not intended to supplant the Bible. There are various methods to be pursued in the study of the Bible and these aids to Bible study are in such form that they, of themselves, contain the important elements of the Bible as well as the comments or elucidations of those Bible statements, on exactly the same principle that our Lord and the Apostles quoted from the Old Testament, and then gave elucidations of those Old Testament passages. Many of the elucidations were such that if we had not had them, had not had specific interpretations, we might never have been able to discern the proper application of them.

"How's that?," they might say. If one doesn't study The Bible and use it as the measure, then they might easily fall to charlatans like Charles Taze Russel and the JW cult.

Let me ask you a sincere question, and as a professing Christian, I'll assume you'll give a sincere answer. EVERYTHING you know about the Bible and I mean EVERYTHING, did you learn yourself? Did you lock yourself in your study pray for Holy Spirit and with just your Bible in hand, learn it all? Or did you have help? Did you use a concordance, a Bible dictionary, Interlinear, your minister, or some Bible commentary in helping you understand what you were reading?

You see, we all need help, even the Ethiopian Eunuch needed help, when Philip asked “Do you understand what you are reading?” he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” (Acts 8:26-40)

I I believe Ellen White had the Truth, I would study here writings, or if the Jehovah's Witnesses were teaching Truth, I would likewise study their publications. I'm one of those students who has a vast spiritual library. From various denominations. I, like the Bereans of old, "make sure of all things". Do I know it all? Of course not, but what I do know, I studied it out. What I'm not sure of, I love to discuss with others.

Last edited:

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many may name the JWs as a cult today but with the measure of truth they had, they provided a better witness for dealing with adversity in Nazi Germany on a per capita basis than any other group/organization/church claiming to be followers of God and Jesus. The following overview is from Wikipedia.
What's interesting is that under the leadership of Charles Taze Russell, the Bible Students were pro-Israel. they were Christian Zionist, which believed in the restoration of Israel to their homeland and that the Kingdom of God would be established through them.

If you read WHY Hitler opposed the Witnesses, it's because of their mistakenly pro-Israel stance. After the death of Russell, much of what he taught and believed was tossed out. The Society then took an anti-Jewish stand, even calling them "Christ Killers", this is documented from a letter to Hitler from Rutherford. Of course, Hitler and the Nazi's had the Bible Students on his hit list because even after discarding Russell's writings, they still distributed his books, because they had too many on hand and it was a way to make some money as opposed to discarding them as they do today with older publications.

For the record, the Witnesses did not officially adopt the name Jehovah's Witnesses in Europe till the 1950s. Up to that time they were known as Bible Students. Of course, Hitler had no way of knowing of the split that occurred in 1917, with two groups calling themselves Bible Students, those following the Watchtower Society, and those independent of the Society.

Reactions: amadeus

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't matter that JW of today was a later offshoot. Russel began the cult, from his own...
Well with that kind of logic, let's blame Jesus, after all he founded Christianity after all.
A group that doesn't believe Jesus is God The Son isn't a Christian denomination. That fact is simple and is The Word of God...

Seventh-Day Adventist are Trinitarians. In fact Charles Spurgeon, John Gill and Watts were all trinitarians. They're not Christians?

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some might consider these verses indicate both John and Jesus are witnesses of Jehovah God.

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him … made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,2 who bore witness to the word of God … 5 and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead.
Jesus was the ultimate Witness for God as a Jew who fulfilled the law. But he said to his disciples:

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” - Acts 1:8

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus was the ultimate Witness for God as a Jew who fulfilled the law. But he said to his disciples:​

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” - Acts 1:8
Not sure why you say but. Jesus and his brothers - us - all witness to God through Christ.