The Key to Discipleship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may say Lizbeth, that scripture isn’t talking to me, I’m in the Spirit, I can only hear from the Holy Spirit, as I’ve explained, I have been Born Again of imperishable seed, my question is, what has the sins of Israel got to do with me?

When I’m led by the Living Holy Spirit, who is in control of my life, he chose me for his purpose and plan...my spirit is in God,Spirit gives birth to spirit..I am not my own, plus I was bought for a price.

1 Corinthians 6:20​

King James Version​

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
Good verse, but it is just asking you to glorify God. The entire Bible is for His glorification I hope you haven't given up reading your Bible. If the Spirit speaks to you, you need to make sure it is in line with what the Bible says. We are told to test Spirits.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good verse, but it is just asking you to glorify God. The entire Bible is for His glorification I hope you haven't given up reading your Bible. If the Spirit speaks to you, you need to make sure it is in line with what the Bible says. We are told to test Spirits.
Indeed we are told to test the spirits, to make sure what is being relayed to our heart, lines up with his written word.

His Living word is to be glorified not the Bible.the Bible is his written word...God is Spirit, therefore will be glorified in “ Spirit and Truth “.

John 4:24​

King James Version​

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

We don’t worship the Bible.

King James Version​

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Now for me this is saying we were brought with a price, that price was the death and resurrection of Jesus....if Jesus had not taken my sin, then there would be no reconciliation back to God, for by his Spirit we must be “ Born Again “.God is a Living Spirit and he speaks to the heart of his Born Again children, who have been Born Of The Spirit, we have a “ Living “ spiritual relationship with him ,via his Spirit.....” Spirit gives birth to spirit “?

◄ What Does 1 Corinthians 6:20 Mean? ►
For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

1 Corinthians 6:20(NASB)

Verse of the Day

Not only has God created us but He has redeemed us. We not only belong to the Lord because He formed and fashioned us out of the dust of the earth, but we are His precious possession for a second reason. We have been bought with a price: the precious blood of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. And so we are challenged by Paul to: "Glorify God in our body."

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"without the shedding of Blood there is no remission no forgiveness".

Sins have to be forgiven, or as Jesus told you....."you'll die in your sins".

For them to be forgiven, you have to go to The Cross and let Jesus die for them all.

The devil loves what you just taught., as usual @Episkopos
As to say that the Cross is not about forgiveness, is SATANIC Theology.
Ultra Cross denying blasphemy.

I hope a Mod sees what you wrote, as it could be that they might try to do their job and solve you, as you are a severe bane to this forum and a total Luke 11:35, according to your OWN WORDS.

"God be merciful to me a sinner'.

That means you, me, and everyone as "all have sinned"

That mercy is found as The Cross of Christ.

The preaching of the Cross is the "Gospel of the Grace of God".

Its this.

2 Corinthians 5:19

John 3:17

"without the shedding of Blood there is no remission, no forgiveness"

and where is this Shed Blood of Jesus found?

A.) The Cross of Christ

Being born again is proof that God has forgiven your sin and given you the new birth, as this is to become "a new Creation in Christ'
If Christ does not have your sin, on the Cross, then you stil have it, and you'll die in it.

Dont be that one, as there is no 2nd Chance in Hell.

I only teach Paul's Theology.
Or as Paul told the born again..

"be a follower of ME, as i follow Christ"

So, we follow his Doctrine and his Discipleship and His Faith .

I quoted the verse.

Thank you for thinking that i wrote it. as i only posted it.

I appreciate that compliment, but alas, Paul the Apostle to the Gentiles wrote it.

God's mercy endure forever.. and that mercy is found as the Sacrifice as Jesus on the Cross.

"Jesus is the ONE TIME.. .Eternal Sacrifice for sin"...

That's The CROSS of CHRIST.

Salvation is God's Son, given as John 3:16., to all who will BELIEVE.

The Cross of Christ is the only WAY to heaven, as its the only offer of redemption that God offers.
This is why Jesus said........that to go to the Father, you have to go to Christ as the WAY... John 14:6

Thats The Cross of Christ.

Santa Claus didnt die for anyone's sin, and Old Saint Nick has no nail scarred hands.
And, he never rose from the dead after dying for the sin of the world.

We believe in Christ so that God will ... = "faith is counted by God as Christ's righteousness"..
= Justification BY Faith.

And now being redeemed by the Blood of Jesus, (new Covenant) (Blood atonement) we are become a disciple.

Some are good, some are not. Both are going to heaven, because they are born again.

A disciple now learns what it means to have become one "in Christ", and how to exist in that Spiritual reality.

They dont know anything about this, on day 1, right after they are born again.
But, they grow in understanding, provided they have a good teacher, and are led of the Spirit, and study the word.

God Righteousness is God's.
And we have to have it, or God can't (accept). have us.
The only way to get it is to be forgiven and born again.
As in this REDEMPTION< God gives to us.. "The Gift of Righteousness"

This is not a process.
Its a GIFT..

Ive just taught you the Gospel in 3 fairly long posts and you don't recognize it.
false gospel...so muddled that there is nothing in common with the truth. You want to "let Jesus die for your sins" I can't explain to you how manipulative that is. And you think God can't see you... amazing.

Hopefully before the end you will see the folly in your thinking. No one uses God. God uses people. You are not God,... and are not qualified to accept Jesus' sacrifice for yourself. Only God can justify. You don't see how self-righteous you are...because you are so much of that that real righteousness seems evil to you

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great quote you are sharing.....I've 'naturally' increased my prayer time over the years. and this is not done at a set time....it's as the spirit guides me...in bed, cleaning around the house, in the car, at this keyboard praying for others etc. for my wife a lot....health issues.

AMEN!!!
In Hampshire, aye...I used to live for a few years in NEW Hampshire, of these United States of America...close enough right?:IDK:
Hehehe...God Bless Brother...I bet the weather there is better than here, on saying that, it’s the first day of Spring here, plus it’s been a pretty mild day.

Reactions: APAK

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed we are told to test the spirits, to make sure what is being relayed to our heart, lines up with his written word.

His Living word is to be glorified not the Bible.the Bible is his written word...God is Spirit, therefore will be glorified in “ Spirit and Truth “.

John 4:24​

King James Version​

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

We don’t worship the Bible.

King James Version​

Now for me this is saying we were brought with a price, that price was the death and resurrection of Jesus....if Jesus had not taken my sin, then there would be no reconciliation back to God, for by his Spirit we must be “ Born Again “.God is a Living Spirit and he speaks to the heart of his Born Again children, who have been Born Of The Spirit, we have a “ Living “ spiritual relationship with him ,via his Spirit.....” Spirit gives birth to spirit “?

◄ What Does 1 Corinthians 6:20 Mean? ►
For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

1 Corinthians 6:20(NASB)

Verse of the Day

Not only has God created us but He has redeemed us. We not only belong to the Lord because He formed and fashioned us out of the dust of the earth, but we are His precious possession for a second reason. We have been bought with a price: the precious blood of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. And so we are challenged by Paul to: "Glorify God in our body."

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
There are lying spirits as well. Best to check against what the Bible says. You have to have some grounding for your belief. If that were not true, then why do you use the Bible to say you don't need to use the Bible?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are lying spirits as well. Best to check against what the Bible says. You have to have some grounding for your belief. If that were not true, then why do you use the Bible to say you don't need to use the Bible?
His Living word is to be glorified not the Bible.the Bible is his written word..

I think you may be misunderstanding, of course we must read Gods word..I’m just pointing out that Gods word is Alive and Active .

Hebrews 4:12​

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

If we don’t use the Bible, we would never mature or grow in the Spirit...

i posted scripture, the written word of God, that is what I believe the word of God to be saying.

I have to have some grounding for my belief.

I have plenty of grounding in Gods word, although we are forever growing and maturing in his word.

Are you “ Born Again”?....did you understand what the scripture I posted was saying? lol.

As a Born Again, it has taken many, many years to understand God’s word, as it can only be understood in the Spirit, only the Holy Spirit can bring me to understand God’s word, as his word is revealed to our heart/spirit......we learn to communicate with God via his Spirit, as we are his spiritual children, a Born Again has spiritual eyes and ears, which again can take a long time to understand.
I was Born Again 32 years ago....remember it like it were yesterday....you never forget the “ Living spiritual rebirth “.

1 Corinthians 2:14​

King James Version​

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

As I once was, the natural man/ woman.....

I’m very grounded in HIS word...not man made theology...of course this is my opinion/ testimony and belief.

1 Peter 2:10 - Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Romans 8:14-19 - For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. (Read More...)

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:17 - And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Matthew 5:9 - Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Romans 5:1-21 - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: (Read More...)

Romans 8:16 - The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lizbeth testifies that the foundation is found in her. (Christ in her)

If you know ABOUT the foundation...being Christ...then why not go to Him and build from there? Why remain vain in your religious notions?
Incorrect. He is not only in the child of God, but we are also in Him. But according to scripture Christ in us IS the hope of glory.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Incorrect. He is not only in the child of God, but we are also in Him. But according to scripture Christ in us IS the hope of glory.
A superficial understanding doesn't have any power. Religion tends to puff up the condition of its adherents...in their own estimation...whereas God only gives grace to the humble.

How much superficiality does it take to overwhelm a simple exposition of the truth? Well, the shallows know nothing of the depths that are beyond them.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I may say Lizbeth, that scripture isn’t talking to me, I’m in the Spirit, I can only hear from the Holy Spirit, as I’ve explained, I have been Born Again of imperishable seed, my question is, what has the sins of Israel got to do with me?

When I’m led by the Living Holy Spirit, who is in control of my life, he chose me for his purpose and plan...my spirit is in God,Spirit gives birth to spirit..I am not my own, plus I was bought for a price.

King James Version​

All of scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for us, true? So we need to cherish and hide it all away in our hearts because it is all for our good.

The protestant evangelical church is falling into the same sins that Israel fell into....... she is falling away from the Lord and His true gospel and sound doctrine in our days.....and starting to reap the same judgments with more to come. (The church fell away before when it formed into the Catholic institution, but it seems it's falling a second time so to speak and will be judged with finality in the end. Following the same pattern of Israel...when Israel came out of the Babylon captivity, it came out with Babylon mixture, like protestantism came out still with some "Catholic" mixture.) Those scrips in Ezekiel and everything to do with Israel were written for our admonition. For our good. One reason the church is falling away is because of NOT preaching/teaching and heeding and taking seriously the warnings of scripture.

The Lord speaks to us in parables....is a key to understanding. Think of Israel of old as being a kind of living parable of the church.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Key to Discipleship

Discipleship…
Key…Gods Word
Key…Man Deciding.
Key…Mans Word Declaring compliance, parallel to Gods Word.

Mans “KEY”… Is NOT “TRYING”, rather Deciding and “DOING”….

Inasmuch as Gods WORD is truth and power…so ALSO IS a mans WORD truth and power…

“DECIDE” and “DO”…“PARALLEL” your “own” word “SAME” as Gods…
and be it ANY situation; relationships or works…the result will be pleasing to God and big picture beneficial to man

Glory to God,
Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All of scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for us, true? So we need to cherish and hide it all away in our hearts because it is all for our good.

The protestant evangelical church is falling into the same sins that Israel fell into....... she is falling away from the Lord and His true gospel and sound doctrine in our days.....and starting to reap the same judgments with more to come. (The church fell away before when it formed into the Catholic institution, but it seems it's falling a second time so to speak and will be judged with finality in the end. Following the same pattern of Israel...when Israel came out of the Babylon captivity, it came out with Babylon mixture, like protestantism came out still with some "Catholic" mixture.) Those scrips in Ezekiel and everything to do with Israel were written for our admonition. For our good. One reason the church is falling away is because of NOT preaching/teaching and heeding and taking seriously the warnings of scripture.

The Lord speaks to us in parables....is a key to understanding. Think of Israel of old as being a kind of living parable of the church.
The Lord speaks to me through his Spirit.

And reading many posts on this thread, understanding of being Born Again is very differently understood by many....not all of the Bible is addressed to a Born Again.

Ask @Behold that one?

We are led by the Spirit and we learn his word all in his timing..

My point is only the “ Holy Spirit “ is my teacher.

Being Born Again is a supernatural spiritual living birth as Gods word says.

Maybe you can explain being Born Again ,Lizbeth, are you Born Again?

Have you received the spiritual rebirth from God, where Spirit gives birth to spirit?

Are you Born Again of imperishable seed, what does that mean to you?

With respect Sis, I have no understanding of what you teach..a little of it yes.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
According to scripture we have become Born Again , our spirit is Born Again, how would we know this?

It’s the Holy Spirit who indwells our spirit, this can only happen if we have been Born Again by the will of God, it’s a Living supernatural spiritual experience, that you would NEVER forget.

Spirit gives birth to spirit?

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
speaking of the foundation . some folks are trying to REMOVE the actual foundation
and preach rather a foundation on sinking sand that has come of the social inclusive mindset .
JESUS BE THE FOUNDATION . yet more and more are trying to omit the dire need to have to BELIEVE on HIM and
rather be preaching total destruction unto all .
Amen. Christ in us is the foundation and cornerstone and we are building up from there.

1Co 3:11
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

So interesting to me is that the capstone is also the cornerstone.....so in order to finish the building we must never ever remove the foundation that has been laid! Jesus is the beginning AND the end, the author AND the finisher of our faith!

No wonder the bible says this:

Psa 11:3
If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lord speaks to me through his Spirit.

And reading many posts on this thread, understanding of being Born Again is very differently understood by many....not all of the Bible is addressed to a Born Again.

We are led by the Spirit and we learn his word all in his timing..

My point is only the “ Holy Spirit “ is my teacher.

Being Born Again is a supernatural spiritual living birth as Gods word says.

Maybe you can explain being Born Again ,Lizbeth, are you Born Again?

Have you received the spiritual rebirth from God, where Spirit gives birth to spirit?

Are you Born Again of imperishable seed, what does that mean to you?

With respect Sis, I have no understanding of what you teach..a little of it yes.
The Spirit and the Word agree.

Yes, I was born again in '86. I once was blind but now I see!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Spirit and the Word agree.

Yes, I was born again in '86. I once was blind but now I see!
That’s how you explain Born Again experience...I’ve just explained my Born Again experience and it agreed with the word of God..

His Living word is Alive and Active.

Then he leads us to his written word where the Holy Spirit is our guide...because we are Born Again of imperishable seed, the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children, Spirit gives birth to spirit ...a Born Again has direct contact with God via his Spirit.....all biblical.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A superficial understanding doesn't have any power. Religion tends to puff up the condition of its adherents...in their own estimation...whereas God only gives grace to the humble.

How much superficiality does it take to overwhelm a simple exposition of the truth? Well, the shallows know nothing of the depths that are beyond them.
Epi, now before you keep on with slamming folks because they do not understand some of your words, and the same goes for me, can you slow down and explain them.

For example. what does 'go to him' as you responded to Lizbeth, mean?

I want to catch this one as it seems to pop up quite a lot. It's apparently a coded expression and very important to you, for your doctrine. 'Going to Christ' must mean that one is not already present in Christ's spirit? Or it might mean to pray more consistently and with more genuine zeal to Christ to be closer to his spirit even more, more into focus into our lives. How do you think our spirits are physically related or attached together as believers? completely bonded? Interfacing and intertwined or fused together as a hybrid spirit evolving in to Christ? I have not the foggiest idea? Do you? I would guess the energies of both our spirits are shared or bonded somehow, then with access to the Father God (Unitarian view and not your Binitarian view)

Also this 'going to him' comes off as if one still is absent of the Spirit of God. And we are still seekers after God. Does not the Spirit of God bring the Son's spirit into a person once they meet God's criteria for salvation and they become a new creature?

So you say to Lizbeth she has a superficial understanding. And then immediately follow-up with the usual type of rant, with the same accusation of being religious, puffs up by it etc.

Well then are you not responsible to fix it for her, and explain it to her, and me and others. Else why listen to you because you are not prepared to explain it. You say you have the truth, now explain yourself. clearly.

Thanks

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Epi, now before you keep on with slamming folks because they do not understand some of your words, and the same goes for me, can you slow down and explain them.

I want to catch this one as it seems to pop up quite a lot. It's apparently a coded expression and very important to you, for your doctrine. 'Going to Christ' must mean that one is not already present in Christ's spirit? Or it might mean to pray more consistently and with more genuine zeal to Christ to be closer to his spirit even more, more into focus into our lives. How do you think our spirits are physically related or attached together as believers? completely bonded? Interfacing and intertwined or fused together as a hybrid spirit evolving in to Christ? I have not the foggiest idea? Do you? I would guess the energies of both our spirits are shared or bonded somehow, then with access to the Father God (Unitarian view and not your Binitarian view)

Also this 'going to him' comes off as if one still is absent of the Spirit of God. And we are still seekers after God. Does not the Spirit of God bring the Son's spirit into a person once they meet God's criteria for salvation and they become a new creature?

So you say to Lizbeth she has a superficial understanding. And then immediately follow-up with the usual type of rant, with the same accusation of being religious, puffs up by it etc.

Well then are you not responsible to fix it for her, and explain it to her, and me and others. Else why listen to you because you are not prepared to explain it. You say you have the truth, now explain yourself. clearly.

Thanks
Think you're nailing it ......I have the same problem with what Epi brings.....it often sounds as though hei is talking about being born again, as if we aren't already....it's as if he and we don't have the same starting point. Other times it doesn't sound like that. I often find it confusing.

But I doubt he will come into the light and explain himself in the light of scripture....so far he evades that and just resorts to personal ad hominem attacks instead. As if we are just supposed to take his word for everything rather than God's word.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Thanks
You took the words right out of my mouth, I don’t understand a lot of what he is saying, therefore I think it’s best I ask him one question at a time.....

I certainly believe we are all at different levels of understanding Gods word....

Reactions: Lizbeth and APAK

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That’s how you explain Born Again experience...I’ve just explained my Born Again experience and it agreed with the word of God..

His Living word is Alive and Active.

Then he leads us to his written word where the Holy Spirit is our guide...because we are Born Again of imperishable seed, the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children, Spirit gives birth to spirit ...a Born Again has direct contact with God via his Spirit.....all biblical.
Amen. And He, Jesus, is that imperishable seed that was planted in us through the word and by His Spirit.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice