The KJV Bible contains errors.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can doubt as much as you wish. But I know that God tells me to reject such foolishness as KJV ONLYYISM.

It is for this reason that you see me as KJVOnlyism is why you are not hearing to me. Just because I am showing why I rely only on the KJV for the meat of His words in these latter days where faith is hard to find and modern Bibles are supporting false teachings and false tongues and thus apostasy is not grounds to say that I am of KJVOnlyism when "they" are not even addressing the claim I am making here.

God is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. It is all in His omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent hands.

Right. Only Jesus can confirm what I have been sharing with you. Prove everything by Him or don't. So far, you are showing signs that you are just disagreeing with what I say is false tongues and false teaching and as apostasy for the reason why you disagree with what He has been sharing thru me.

I don't have to provide a link, and you cannot tell me HOW I can respond.

The claim that the KJV translaters themselves said that there was a verse in the KJV that they had no manuscript for to not correct this "error" is a new one for me. That is why I had asked you to prove it, otherwise I am not taking you at your word.

If you have the AV1611 as I do, you'll see that the KJV translators knew their translation was not perfect and they said so. They also said that Christians should study other Bibles for comparison. It's located in the very front of that translation. It's title is: THE TRANSLATORS TO THE READER
When the 1599 Geneva Bible was the majority version that was in use, I hardly believe that they would mean also the "future" modern day versions that existed after the KJV today.

Here are the selected quotes, but you can find them at the link I have provided for the purpose of obeying the site rules about citing works.

I am leaving your quote out of the quote box so readers can read it better.

"A man may be counted a virtuous man, though he have made many slips in his life, (else, there were none virtuous, for in many things we offend all) [James 3:2] also a comely man and lovely, though he have some warts upon his hand, yea, not only freckles upon his face, but also scars. No cause therefore why the word translated should be denied to be the word, or forbidden to be current, notwithstanding that some imperfections and blemishes may be noted in the setting forth of it. The Translators to the Reader "

That is not the same as accidentally making lies in the scripture that runs contrary to the rest of scripture. Scripture cannot go against scripture. This was how the lost books were not considered scripture when certain lies in it ran against the accepted books in the Bible back then.

"But it is high time to leave them, and to show in brief what we proposed to ourselves, and what course we held in this our perusal and survey of the Bible. Truly (good Christian Reader) we never thought from the beginning, that we should need to make a new Translation, nor yet to make of a bad one a good one, (for then the imputation of Sixtus had been true in some sort, that our people had been fed with gall of Dragons instead of wine, with whey instead of milk:) but to make a good one better, or out of many good ones, one principal good one, not justly to be excepted against; that hath been our endeavor, that our mark."
http://www.bible-researcher.com/kjvpref.html

Thank you for providing the link, but you are not reading this right. I shall edit it to help you and others see better.

"we never thought from the beginning, that we should need to make a new Translation, nor yet to make of a bad one a good one,.....but to make a good one better, or out of many good ones, one principal good one, not justly to be excepted against; that hath been our endeavor, that our mark."

So the goal of the KJV translators was to make the best Bible translation ever to be used as the one to go by for everyone. So do not deny this.

"Therefore as S. Augustine saith, that variety of Translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures: so diversity of signification and sense in the margin, where the text is no so clear, must needs do good, yea, is necessary, as we are persuaded."
http://www.bible-researcher.com/kjvpref.html

I believe that is referring to the many manuscripts that varies to find the sense in the margin where the text is not clear to make that one principal good one for which they are persuaded in reaching this goal.

So in spite of the way this link's address says that you had provided below; the KJV translators were actually for making the KJV the only one to go by as the principal good one.

Robert Joyner - Were the KJV Translators KJV Only?

"On page 7, the King James translators say, "Nay, we affirm and avow that the meanest translation of the Bible in English is the word of God." (See Appendix A, quote 4) When they say "meanest" they mean the poorest, the worst. So they believed that every translation was the word of God, no matter how many mistakes it had. This is the exact opposite of those who believe the King James is the only Bible for the English speaking people. Those who revere the King James translators so much believe just the opposite of what the translators themselves believed."

No. Robert Joyner is plain wrong. Meanest may infer the poorest or the worst, but it does not mean mistakes or lies in the word of God. Robert Joyner went outside the quote from the KJV translators to input his opinion on their words.

The KJV translators included the Book of Apocrypha and other books inbetween the O.T. & the N.T. as a reference material but the KJV translators never considered them scripture. AND I definitely can say that they should be appalled by what modern Bibles have been changing the message in His words today when it supports false tongues, false teachings, and apostasy.

As I have said before I believe I have read everything or almost everything, both pro and con regarding KJVOnlyism

Not with discernment, you have not. You did not prove everything by Him in KJVOnlyism. I know enough of KJVYOnlyism to say I do not care to be identified with it because of some of the extremism in it like condemning christians for reading or using another Bible version. The scripture says not to condemn christians, but to correct christians. That is where I draw the line. That is why I am not KJVOnlyist.

I do not post things that I don't know about. I'm not perfect by any means. I am a redeemed sinner just like you. But I have seen so much division, damage and discord shown, that I have made it my business to read up on both sides.

I am not perfect either which is why I rely on Him for wisdom as I am counting on Jesus Christ to be my Good Shepherd.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not pitting scripture against scripture. I am saying that your hermeneutic is faulty and eisegesis is the result.

This is where we are in disagreement because you are pitting scripture against scripture when the Holy Spirit cannot speak for Himself but speaks what He hears as John 16:13 and the reference you had chosen which is John 14:25-25 cites that the Holy Spirit teaches & brings into remembrance, BUT only whatever Jesus has said unto us. So still, it is not His own words, but the words of the Son. That is why Romans 8:26-27 in all modern Bibles are wrong in their message, because the groanings of His intercessions are not being uttered. I have shown you the meaning of alaletos from the Strong's Concordance and you still deny the message of Romans 8:26 that the groanings of His intercesssions cannot be uttered; no sound at all. That is why Roans 8:27 is about Jesus Christ, the Son of God, serving as our ONLY Mediator between God and men.

John 14:13-14 explains the prayer system of the divine; Jesus gives His own intercessions, our intercessions, and the Spirit's intercessions to the Father at that throne of grace so that whenever the Father says yes to any of those intercessions, the Son answers the prayer so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers.

That means another reason why the Holy Spirit cannot give His unspeakable intercessions to the Father when the Son of God is the only One that has to do it because the Son is the only One that can answer prayers as all powers have been given unto Him ( Matthew 28:18 ). John 16:13-15 testifies that the Holy Spirit is the means by how the Son answers those prayers, but the scripture & the Holy Spirit gives all that glory to the Son for answered prayers as John 16:14-15 plainly says so.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.........13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

These are the truths in His words as backed up and aligned with all the scripture in the KJV whereas all modern Bibles do not keep the truths aligned.

All modern Bibles supports false tongues that comes by a supernatural phenomenon that is separate from their salvation as believers believe every spirit coming over them as being of God without testing them ( since the Holy Spirit is already in them as promised at their salvation, then that is not the Holy Spirit coming over them "again" bringing this tongue that never comes with interpretation ) and so they assume that the Holy Spirit is using God's gift of tongues which is for speaking unto the people, to turn it around and use it as a form of prayer language when it is not of Him at all.

If you cannot hear me, then you are not hearing Him for I can show all the proof in the scripture but you will not see it unless He opens your eyes.

Abiding Grace

Aug 24, 2009
Arizona
Faith
Country
United States
It is for this reason that you see me as KJVOnlyism is why you are not hearing to me. Just because I am showing why I rely only on the KJV for the meat of His words in these latter days where faith is hard to find and modern Bibles are supporting false teachings and false tongues and thus apostasy is not grounds to say that I am of KJVOnlyism when "they" are not even addressing the claim I am making here.

You have yet to have provided even ONE example. BTW, where is the verse that says the KJV is the ONLY Bible for English Speakers? Or are you like Sam Gipp insisting that you MUST speak English to read the KJV?

You don't have to listen to the whole video. You can hear Gipp say the unthinkable at 40seconds to 2-3 minutes.

Right. Only Jesus can confirm what I have been sharing with you. Prove everything by Him or don't. So far, you are showing signs that you are just disagreeing with what I say is false tongues and false teaching and as apostasy for the reason why you disagree with what He has been sharing thru me.

My source is the Bible. I've studying it for more than 40 years. I don't personally have any problem with tongues, as long as the prosperity gospel is not part of it. Again we should have unity in essentials and charity in all other issues. Tongues aren't an essential doctrine.

Jesus tells me that you are wrong. I'm hoping that you will start to accept that other people believe God speaks to them as well. It's also not very effective.

The claim that the KJV translaters themselves said that there was a verse in the KJV that they had no manuscript for to not correct this "error" is a new one for me. That is why I had asked you to prove it, otherwise I am not taking you at your word.

True to my word:

Don't misquote me.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have yet to have provided even ONE example.

I have. You cannot see it or you are unwilling to. God only knows, and I am not repeating nor citing any new examples again. I give you uo to God to show you, if and when He is so willing to.

BTW, where is the verse that says the KJV is the ONLY Bible for English Speakers? Or are you like Sam Gipp insisting that you MUST speak English to read the KJV?

Care to share that snarkism with the NIV and other modern Bibles?

You don't have to listen to the whole video. You can hear Gipp say the unthinkable at 40seconds to 2-3 minutes.

Thanks for sharing, but you know you can get modern Bibles including the KJV in other languages. Kind of a moot point on both sides of that argument and why I am not KJVOnlyism.

My source is the Bible. I've studying it for more than 40 years. I don't personally have any problem with tongues, as long as the prosperity gospel is not part of it. Again we should have unity in essentials and charity in all other issues. Tongues aren't an essential doctrine.

You shouldn't have unity with that tongue that never comes with interpretation because those who speak in that kind of tongue divide themselves from those that do not. How? Because tongue speakers lay claim to getting this tongue by what they believe is the Holy Spirit coming over them later on in life SEPARATE FROM SALVATION.

There are members in this forum that believe receiving the Holy Spirit is separate from salvation, and they promote believers to seek to receive the Holy Spirit with evidence of this supernatural tongue WHICH NEVER comes with interpretation and so they assume that the Holy Spirit is using it as a prayer language WHICH I HAVE SHOWN YOU SCRIPTURE that the Holy Spirit CANNOT use tongues for His own purposes when He can only speak what He hears. His intercessions as well as His groanings are unspeakable... hence no sound which is a line of discernment about this tongue as not of Him as well as 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 warning about seeking to receive another Jesus or another 'spirit' or another gospel again.

Tongue speakers refuse to believe that born again; aka born of the Spirit is how and when we are saved when we believe in Jesus Christ.

There are those who preach this same phenomenon as "another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues".

There are some that preach that if you do not speak in tongues, you do not have the Holy Spirit, and therefore you are not saved.

So they are separating themselves by this extra phenomenon with tongues from other believers when they do not know what it is. They make 1 Corinthians 12:13 as a lie when they lay claim to another drink of the One Spirit by how we were all baptized by, thus being exclusive from other believers, preaching to them this other gospel by which they are to receive the Holy Spirit by a sign of tongues.

And it doesn't stop there. A book is out for a while now where the author believes there are 3 baptisms with the Holy Ghost. The former co worker and pastor of a church I did not go to, was telling me about that book, but impressing unto me that he believes there are 5 baptisms with the Holy Ghost.

Then there are movements of the "Spirit" where believers are falling down in... ( they do it in receiving tongues too ) in receiving other kinds of signs where they can't move, rendered mute for a time... bark like a dog, act like a fish out of the water, uncontrollable laughter, and etc. that is nothing but confusion which is not of God... just as tongues without interpretation but is babbling nonsense is not of God too when the real God's gift of tongues are for speaking unto the people.... not a prayer language of the Holy Spirit.

So you are not fighting for unity when tongue speakers are the ones dividing, preaching to receive the Holy Spirit NOT BY FAITH but by a sign when 1 Corinthians 14:20-22 has Paul testifying plainly that tongues were never to serve as a sign to believers, but for unbelievers and that tongues were for speaking unto the people.... and verse 20 was Paul trying to get the reader's attention to not misunderstood his words in that chapter for what tongues were for so as to seek the gift of prophesy over all spiritual gifts including tongues from verse 1 of that chapter.

You are the one unaware that you are defending those that divide and preach another gospel to receive Jesus/Holy Spirit apart from salvation.

That is the apostasy. That is the falling away from the faith in these latter days. That is what Jesus warned about in Matthew 7:13-27 & Luke 13:24-30 when He told us to avoid that iniquity by having the spotlight only on the Son in all things; prayer; fellowship, & worship, and not go chasing after seducing spirits for a sign.

Because what tongue speakers preach.. doesn't stop there when they seek to receive the Holy Spirit again and again and again after other sensational signs in the flesh.

Jesus tells me that you are wrong. I'm hoping that you will start to accept that other people believe God speaks to them as well. It's also not very effective.

Jesus told you nothing when His words plainly told you otherwise but you refuse to ask Him to help you understand His words as kept in the KJV. You are not going to find the truth in modern Bibles when you believe Romans 8:26-27 in all modern Bibles is NOT running against the truth in His words in John 16:13 & John 14:25-26 in THAT modern Bible whereas the KJV lines up the truth of John 16:13 & John 14:25-26 with Romans 8:26-27.

But even you cannot see the difference nor the truth in Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV even after showing you Strong's Concordance that His groanings cannot be uttered nor spoken and thus no sound.

Here I am giving you proof again and I said I was not going to do that, but I guess the Lord led me otherwise.

True to my word:

They are talking about words of creatures that the KJV do not know about after searching all those manuscripts to determine what those creatures were; like those words of unicorn.. behemoth...leviathon... words involving creatures that they did not know about. They did not say in the video what those creatures were by name, but obviously, that was what the KJV translators were referring to. So even the people in that video are blowing what the KJV translators were talking about out of proportion about their diligent search about those creature as if their lack of knowledge applies more than that.

Don't misquote me.

I am human and I do not always understand your message either.

Abiding Grace

Aug 24, 2009
Arizona
Faith
Country
United States
I have. You cannot see it or you are unwilling to. God only knows, and I am not repeating nor citing any new examples again. I give you uo to God to show you, if and when He is so willing to.

No, you haven't shown a single verse. That alone should worry you. Saying you have done something doesn't mean you have.

Care to share that snarkism with the NIV and other modern Bibles?

It's snarky to show the mistakes in the KJV? Who knew? There are many more errors. Nevertheless, the KJV is the Bible I grew up using. I would never disrespect it. My problem is with the ONLYISM. Your posts show why.

Thanks for sharing, but you know you can get modern Bibles including the KJV in other languages. Kind of a moot point on both sides of that argument and why I am not KJVOnlyism.

You are KJVOnly. You have questioned my relationship with Jesus Christ over what Bible I prefer. That's the hallmark of KJVOnlyism

You shouldn't have unity with that tongue that never comes with interpretation because those who speak in that kind of tongue divide themselves from those that do not. How? Because tongue speakers lay claim to getting this tongue by what they believe is the Holy Spirit coming over them later on in life SEPARATE FROM SALVATION.

There are members in this forum that believe receiving the Holy Spirit is separate from salvation, and they promote believers to seek to receive the Holy Spirit with evidence of this supernatural tongue WHICH NEVER comes with interpretation and so they assume that the Holy Spirit is using it as a prayer language WHICH I HAVE SHOWN YOU SCRIPTURE that the Holy Spirit CANNOT use tongues for His own purposes when He can only speak what He hears. His intercessions as well as His groanings are unspeakable... hence no sound which is a line of discernment about this tongue as not of Him as well as 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 warning about seeking to receive another Jesus or another 'spirit' or another gospel again.

Tongue speakers refuse to believe that born again; aka born of the Spirit is how and when we are saved when we believe in Jesus Christ.

There are those who preach this same phenomenon as "another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues".

There are some that preach that if you do not speak in tongues, you do not have the Holy Spirit, and therefore you are not saved.

So they are separating themselves by this extra phenomenon with tongues from other believers when they do not know what it is. They make 1 Corinthians 12:13 as a lie when they lay claim to another drink of the One Spirit by how we were all baptized by, thus being exclusive from other believers, preaching to them this other gospel by which they are to receive the Holy Spirit by a sign of tongues.

And it doesn't stop there. A book is out for a while now where the author believes there are 3 baptisms with the Holy Ghost. The former co worker and pastor of a church I did not go to, was telling me about that book, but impressing unto me that he believes there are 5 baptisms with the Holy Ghost.

Then there are movements of the "Spirit" where believers are falling down in... ( they do it in receiving tongues too ) in receiving other kinds of signs where they can't move, rendered mute for a time... bark like a dog, act like a fish out of the water, uncontrollable laughter, and etc. that is nothing but confusion which is not of God... just as tongues without interpretation but is babbling nonsense is not of God too when the real God's gift of tongues are for speaking unto the people.... not a prayer language of the Holy Spirit.

So you are not fighting for unity when tongue speakers are the ones dividing, preaching to receive the Holy Spirit NOT BY FAITH but by a sign when 1 Corinthians 14:20-22 has Paul testifying plainly that tongues were never to serve as a sign to believers, but for unbelievers and that tongues were for speaking unto the people.... and verse 20 was Paul trying to get the reader's attention to not misunderstood his words in that chapter for what tongues were for so as to seek the gift of prophesy over all spiritual gifts including tongues from verse 1 of that chapter.

You are the one unaware that you are defending those that divide and preach another gospel to receive Jesus/Holy Spirit apart from salvation.

That is the apostasy. That is the falling away from the faith in these latter days. That is what Jesus warned about in Matthew 7:13-27 & Luke 13:24-30 when He told us to avoid that iniquity by having the spotlight only on the Son in all things; prayer; fellowship, & worship, and not go chasing after seducing spirits for a sign.

Because what tongue speakers preach.. doesn't stop there when they seek to receive the Holy Spirit again and again and again after other sensational signs in the flesh.

Most of what you have said here is off topic. Here are some things that the Apostle Paul has to say about how Christians should conduct themselves:

1 Corinthians 3:3King James Version (KJV)
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Galatians 5:16-21King James Version (KJV)
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 4:29King James Version (KJV)
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Titus 3:9-11New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and strife and disputes about the Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. 10 Reject a factious man after a first and second warning, 11 knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning, being self-condemned.

Colossians 4:5-6English Standard Version (ESV)

5 Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. 6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

Then James, the brother of Jesus Christ said:
James 1:26New International Version (NIV)
26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless

Jesus told you nothing when His words plainly told you otherwise but you refuse to ask Him to help you understand His words as kept in the KJV. You are not going to find the truth in modern Bibles when you believe Romans 8:26-27 in all modern Bibles is NOT running against the truth in His words in John 16:13 & John 14:25-26 in THAT modern Bible whereas the KJV lines up the truth of John 16:13 & John 14:25-26 with Romans 8:26-27.

But even you cannot see the difference nor the truth in Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV even after showing you Strong's Concordance that His groanings cannot be uttered nor spoken and thus no sound.

Here I am giving you proof again and I said I was not going to do that, but I guess the Lord led me otherwise.

We've been through this. Once again you are misrepresenting what I have said. It's becoming a personal assault upon my truthfulness and character. And it's in direct violation of the scriptures.

They are talking about words of creatures that the KJV do not know about after searching all those manuscripts to determine what those creatures were; like those words of unicorn.. behemoth...leviathon... words involving creatures that they did not know about. They did not say in the video what those creatures were by name, but obviously, that was what the KJV translators were referring to. So even the people in that video are blowing what the KJV translators were talking about out of proportion about their diligent search about those creature as if their lack of knowledge applies more than that.

I am human and I do not always understand your message either.

If you had listened to the video you would have heard that KJVO's complained about marginal notes, foot notes etc in modern Bibles, Yet when confronted about the KJV's use of margins, all of a sudden they had nothing to say. Another hallmark of KJVOnlyism is the extensive use of double standards. It's okay if the KJV translators used margins, but it's not okay for modern translators.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 4:1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

When all Bibles are not saying the same thing; it is time for believers to reconsider all this negative hype of not relying only on the KJV for the meat of His words to discern good and evil by in these latter days where faith is hard to find.

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: 12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it. 13 In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.

That is happening today and I dare say it is because of all those modern Bibles out there making every one doubt God's message in the KJV as if saying "Did God really say that in the KJV? Let's go to another Bible version."

Let's not. Instead of relying on man to give you an easier to read Bible, ask the Lord Jesus Christ for the wisdom in understanding His words in the KJV.