The Last Trumpet is not the seventh Trumpet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Since you well know the OT prophets did not include any seven trumpets blowing about the "day of the Lord" events, then why would you want to add the Feast ritual ideas into it at all?

Many of the descriptions God gave through His OT prophets about the last day of this world with the "day of the Lord" events directly parallel Christ's Revelation events He revealed through His servant John. And that should be enough without having to add a bunch of ritual feast ideas to understand Christ's Revelation. Besides, the 7 trumpets of Revelation sound the 'order' of battle, which is easy to know since Jesus attached 3 separate Woe periods with the last 3 trumpets.

Sounds like a Hal Lindsay novel to me; scare tactics to try and get people to believe in the false Pre-trib Rapture theory. Jesus already defined the trib time being about a time of peace, as Apostle Paul did also, and as given through Daniel also a time of prosperity. The nations throwing a big party and giving each other gifts once God's "two witnesses" are killed per Rev.11 also reveals what kind of time it will be.

If you HAD... understood about the timing of Christ's Wrath per Paul in 1 Thess.5, then you would not be so deluded. Likewise about Paul's "Peace and safety" compared to your 1st trumpet ideas.

Simple to know that the Antichrist is not destroyed at Christ's coming. Don't know why you're trying to insert a change of subject into the discussion about the "last trump" of Paul, like you're trying to save face or something.

God's law is NOT the religion of the Pharisees. How could you not understand that difference? The system of corruption the scribes and Pharisees and Sadduccees were following, and pushed... upon the people, was their OWN TRADITIONS THEY MADE UP. Or didn't you understand why Jesus said this? - -

That vow of purification Paul agreed to because of His Jewish brethren, not for the sake of the Gentiles. And then what happened immediately after Paul had completed the 7 days of purification? The unbelieving Jews siezed him and started beating on him; why? Because of His teaching Christ crucified to the Gentiles, and not the traditions of the Pharisees!

How is it that you don't understand that the Jew's religion is about still trying to be justified by following the law, and not by Faith on Jesus Christ???

My Bible says nothing about Messianic Jews being those who were first called 'Christians'. My Bible says it was the disciples at Antioch that were first called Christians (Acts 11:26). How is it you think to STEAL that title of Christian away from Gentiles that were also disciples at Antioch by falsely inferring it was only about Jews? Obvously, you think much more of youself and Jews than Gentiles.

I know 'how' Jesus referred to the idea of a wedding per His parables, but He did not call believers His bride within it anywhere. He instead used the idea of the wedding involving servants and 'guests', and not as a bride. So a study of the Israelite wedding festival is not at all needed to grasp what He was saying. Those like you who think it's required show the corruptions of the Pharisee traditions in wanting to add an uneeded part to what Christ taught. (And those who got their rocks off with all the military rules and regs to serve in the rear echelons seldom were seen up front where the battles were. They hid behind desks and in rear support areas, spit shinning their shoes and pressing their uniforms).

When Christ comes and requires me to follow the Festivals that He commissions, then I will do it under His service, not under YOUR man-made assumed authority!

I think you just like to argue. Later.

sam

Jun 20, 2012
Brethren, Let me repeat my earlier query;Can we suppose, SERVANTS OF GOD remaining in mortal bodies after Christ appearing on the clouds? ( the Book is addressed to the SERVANTS OF GOD residing in local churches)
We find the Book of Revelation' is addressed to the SERVANTS OF GOD. We find in chapter 7, Apostle John is brought to see an angel with the seal of God on his mission of stamping the seal on SERVANTS OF GOD.
Let me ask those claiming Last trumpet is blown at the breaking of the sixth seal:
How can we presume, the mission of the angel stamping the seal of God something which is to happen after the events we read following the breaking of the sixth seal?
Can we suppose, SERVANTS OF GOD remaining in mortal bodies after Christ appearing on the clouds? (Rev 9:4)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Brethren, Let me repeat my earlier query;Can we suppose, SERVANTS OF GOD remaining in mortal bodies after Christ appearing on the clouds? ( the Book is addressed to the SERVANTS OF GOD residing in local churches)

The concept of flesh death will be over at Christ's second coming. The only death remaining after that, per Rev.20, is the "second death", i.e., the casting into the lake of fire ordained for the devil and his angels.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Since you well know the OT prophets did not include any seven trumpets blowing about the "day of the Lord" events, then why would you want to add the Feast ritual ideas into it at all?
The fact is, is that in Paul's time, there was no reference in OT end-time prophecy for seven Trumpets. This was the point of another poster as well. You want to say Paul was talking about something he did not know about.

Now we have established that Paul was a Pharisee, and while he left that order, physically and spiritually, in Acts, he and the other Messianic Jews, later called Christians, still performed the rites of Biblical purification given to them by God. Jesus said He did not remove even the smallest letter from the Law; the Law is still enforce.

In that system that Paul grew up in, practiced and knew about - there is such a thing as the "Last Trumpet." THAT is why we have to look into the Festivals; Paul references it. Indeed, Paul taught that the Festivals, or "appointed times," because that's what they mean in the Hebrew, are patterns for what is to come! The reality is in Christ, but we have to pay attention to the Festivals.

Col 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Notice that while Paul references the Law, he does not say strict adherence is necessary. This is the conclusion, and the early compromise can be found in the necessity for circumcision in order to be a follower of Christ for those who were not Jewish. This still is a commandment the Jews follow. Notice, compliance with the Law does not confer Salvation; only faith in Jesus saves. His yoke is light. We are not burdened by mindless, rote actions.

Many of the descriptions God gave through His OT prophets about the last day of this world with the "day of the Lord" events directly parallel Christ's Revelation events He revealed through His servant John. And that should be enough without having to add a bunch of ritual feast ideas to understand Christ's Revelation. Besides, the 7 trumpets of Revelation sound the 'order' of battle, which is easy to know since Jesus attached 3 separate Woe periods with the last 3 trumpets.

Your premise is false, so your conclusion is wrong.

While you can find plenty of "Day of the Lord" prophecy, which is most abundantly negative as to the consequences to un-believing in Jesus: Israel, what you cannot find is any of the desolations contained in the Wrath Trumpets two through seven. The only time Armageddon is mentioned, referencing the mountain, Har Mageddon, in the hill country of Ephraim, is in Revelation; it is not in the OT.

Since Jesus fulfilled the Spring Festivals in their order; scholars have long commented that the Fall Festivals will be fulfilled with Jesus' Second Coming.

So I am not "adding" in a bunch of feast ideas, Paul already said the Festivals were a pattern for what is to come. In other words, he introduced the concept before the commentators mentioned it. Furthermore, previously, in the chronological order they were written, Paul had referenced the "Last Trumpet" as sounding at the gathering of the Church on the earth. These two references by Paul, and Paul is the only one to mention the "Last Trumpet," and he wrote that before John wrote about the seven Trumpets of God's Wrath, point us to the Festivals.

Sounds like a Hal Lindsay novel to me; scare tactics to try and get people to believe in the false Pre-trib Rapture theory. Jesus already defined the trib time being about a time of peace, as Apostle Paul did also, and as given through Daniel also a time of prosperity. The nations throwing a big party and giving each other gifts once God's "two witnesses" are killed per Rev.11 also reveals what kind of time it will be.
Again, your thinking shows the great disconnect between what I am saying and what you are hearing.

This is nothing like Pre-Trib, Hal Lindsay, or scare tactics. That you think it is after being told otherwise, then measures your ability to learn.

If you HAD... understood about the timing of Christ's Wrath per Paul in 1 Thess.5, then you would not be so deluded. Likewise about Paul's "Peace and safety" compared to your 1st trumpet ideas.
That is your understanding, which I think is sorely lacking in the ability to comprehend things outside of your own thinking.

ITh 5:3 does not time God's Wrath other than it comes after people talk about "peace and safety." George W. Bush mentioned this phrase repeated in his State of the Union address in 2002 after 9-11. America is still seeking "peace and safety," and we still don't have God's Wrath. So 1Th 5:3 is still applicable. As long as secular people attempt to achieve peace and safety aside from God in their own quest for rigid control, no amount of airport screening, drones being flown overhead, or surveillance cameras with license plate and face recognition programs which can literally track tens of millions of people simultaneously in real time in New York, Chicago, and London - will ever provide them with what they desire. People like James Holmes will still be there, and terrorists will still disrupt that peace and safety because like the clay within the iron, they are among us in our society.

Simple to know that the Antichrist is not destroyed at Christ's coming. Don't know why you're trying to insert a change of subject into the discussion about the "last trump" of Paul, like you're trying to save face or something.
You're making this a personal argument, and that is another fallacy in argument.

The fact that it takes time for the anti-Christ to fall, goes against the classical Post-Trib position which would have Jesus wrap up the whole affair in one day, the last day of the one 'seven.' To that affect, you try to connect the "Last Trumpet" which assembles God's people to Him on the clouds, to the seventh Trumpet of God's Wrath which concludes the plan God has to wipe out man's rule on the earth.

So that fact that God's Wrath takes time, and that the anti-Christ is not destroyed the moment Christ shows up does not favor your position. It does work quite well with a Pre-Wrath eschatological view though.

God's law is NOT the religion of the Pharisees. How could you not understand that difference? The system of corruption the scribes and Pharisees and Sadduccees were following, and pushed... upon the people, was their OWN TRADITIONS THEY MADE UP.
We're not talking about that. That is red herring.

The Festivals are appointed times that God set up for man. They are important; we should pay attention to them. They are patterns for what is to come - however, the reality is found in Christ Jesus. Col 2:16-17

That vow of purification Paul agreed to because of His Jewish brethren, not for the sake of the Gentiles. And then what happened immediately after Paul had completed the 7 days of purification? The unbelieving Jews siezed him and started beating on him; why? Because of His teaching Christ crucified to the Gentiles, and not the traditions of the Pharisees!
You said that Paul did not follow the Jewish system, yet in the smaller of things, he did.

The purification process which Paul went through - seven day's worth - had no relation to his subsequent arrest in Acts 21.

Furthermore, their indictment of Paul was that he had brought Greeks into the Temple. Acts 21:29 is a parenthetical insertion which explains why they thought so. In this bit of information, we can gather that Paul went to the Temple as did John and Peter. What we can also assume from the parenthetical insertion into the history of the early Church is that Paul was innocent of their charge - that is that he kept the Law and did not bring Gentiles into the Inner Court!

So from what you would say invalidates, rather strengthens the argument that the earliest Christians, the Messianic Jews of Jerusalem, kept the OT Law, and even worshipped within that system, set up by God in the case of the Festivals.

My Bible says nothing about Messianic Jews being those who were first called 'Christians'. My Bible says it was the disciples at Antioch that were first called Christians (Acts 11:26). How is it you think to STEAL that title of Christian away from Gentiles that were also disciples at Antioch by falsely inferring it was only about Jews? Obvously, you think much more of youself and Jews than Gentiles.
This really an ugly and stupid argument you're making.

Obviously, you say, but it is so far from the truth about me, that it is more revealing about your nature... Before you think you know what I think, I think that anytime you think you know what is going in my head - you are (literally) out of your (own) mind.

If not Christian, what were they? Today, we call them Messianic Jews. These are people who are Jewish first, and come to believe in Christ. Today, they maintain all their traditions except worshipping in the Jewish Synagogue which denies Christ. They are their own community.

Everything we have in the book of Acts would liken the first Jewish converts to faith in Christ as being exactly like Messianic Jews. In fact, there is nothing which suggests that any of the Jerusalem Jews which formed the nexus of the Church gave their identity as Jews in order to believe in Jesus.

I know 'how' Jesus referred to the idea of a wedding per His parables, but He did not call believers His bride within it anywhere.
This is incorrect.

Jesus made mention of it in John 3:29 and that picture of the bride and groom is replicated in Rev 19:7. Furthermore, Paul uses the bride analogy in 2Co 11:2.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people confuse the “last trump” of 1 Co. 15:51-52 with being the seventh trumpet judgment of Revelations. There are two main reasons why I don’t believe this to be true. The first reason is that it is accepted by most biblical scholars that Revelations was written a few decades after Paul’s letters. There is no scriptural evidence that Paul was even aware of the seven trumpet judgments that was revealed to John.

I think it more likely that Paul was referencing the prophecy of Zech. 9:14: “And the Lord shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.”

I believe the “last trump” is one that God, Himself blows, not an angel as the one who blows the 7[sup]th[/sup] trump. I also believe we see this prophecy further advanced in the words of Christ as found in Matt. 24:31: “And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”

Many people get confused by Paul calling it the “last trump” as it occurs before the seven trumpet judgments. I don’t believe it is intended to mean that there will be no trumpeting after this last one. It just means that it will be the last trump of this age of grace. After this will come severe judgments on Israel and the rest of the earth. Of course the sound of trumpets will be heard throughout the millennium as well.

I do not believe in a pre-trib rapture, my eschatology is Pre-wrath and we believe the rapture occurs at the 7[sup]th[/sup] seal and our arrival in heaven is depicted in Rev. 7:9: “After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands.”

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Many people confuse the “last trump” of 1 Co. 15:51-52 with being the seventh trumpet judgment of Revelations. There are two main reasons why I don’t believe this to be true. The first reason is that it is accepted by most biblical scholars that Revelations was written a few decades after Paul’s letters. There is no scriptural evidence that Paul was even aware of the seven trumpet judgments that was revealed to John.

Think that particular argument has already been covered here. It's moot, because Apostle Paul's mention of a "last" trumpet automatically presupposes more than one trumpet sounding event, and at the same time the idea of a final... trumpet. Thus the trumpets of Revelation, regardless that they were given through Apostle John. Just a mere chronological comparison between the time of Paul's and John's writings is not enough to prove that John knew something that Paul couldn't have.

I think it more likely that Paul was referencing the prophecy of Zech. 9:14: “And the Lord shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.”

I believe the “last trump” is one that God, Himself blows, not an angel as the one who blows the 7[sup]th[/sup] trump. I also believe we see this prophecy further advanced in the words of Christ as found in Matt. 24:31: “And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”

Whether God Himself blows it or tells an angel to blow it still does not disprove Paul's "last trump" from being the final trumpet of Rev.11, the 7th.

Many people get confused by Paul calling it the “last trump” as it occurs before the seven trumpet judgments. I don’t believe it is intended to mean that there will be no trumpeting after this last one. It just means that it will be the last trump of this age of grace. After this will come severe judgments on Israel and the rest of the earth. Of course the sound of trumpets will be heard throughout the millennium as well.

No Scripture proof for Paul's "last trump" occurring prior to the 7 trumpets of Revelation. Instead, by the type of events Paul gave with the "last trump" directly parallels the events of Christ's coming and the resurrection, which is also the subject of the 7th Trumpet of Revelation 11. Thus you are purposefully 'misrepresenting' the Scriptures as they are actually written. That should be enough to prove to others here that you're following an agenda outside of The Scriptures of God's Word.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
No Scripture proof for Paul's "last trump" occurring prior to the 7 trumpets of Revelation. Instead, by the type of events Paul gave with the "last trump" directly parallels the events of Christ's coming and the resurrection, which is also the subject of the 7th Trumpet of Revelation 11. Thus you are purposefully 'misrepresenting' the Scriptures as they are actually written. That should be enough to prove to others here that you're following an agenda outside of The Scriptures of God's Word.
This is an outright falsehood. You are guilty of what you accuse others of doing!

The original post provided the Scriptural proof, and I later backed that up with the sequence-of-events in Revelation chapters 14 through 16 which also show the Harvest happening before the battle at Armageddon even commences!

As far as your "directly parallels" - that is more of you saying by a coincidence of Trumpets and Angels it is the same rather than from within the context of either passage or the events they describe being alike!

You still have yet to address the original logic trail of verses which start with the "Last Trumpet and culminate with the arrival of the Great Multitude, out of the Great Tribulaiton (as defined by Jesus in the Olivet Discourse) which happens before ANY of the Trumpets of God's Wrath. You have yet to acknowledge all the differences which have been chronicled in this thread about the differences between these types of Trumpets. If anyone has had an agenda to defend their eshcatology: you win the prize. Some dogs are too old to change.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, sam.

I had a thought while reading your query: You're asking the wrong question. The SERVANTS OF GOD, having been resurrected, will not be in MORTAL bodies, but that doesn't mean that they won't be in PHYSICAL bodies. They WILL be in physical bodies after Christ's appearing on the clouds, but they will be IMMORTAL, INCORRUPTIBLE bodies, as described by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15. They will be bodies that will no longer decay and will never die again. They will not be just "breathing" bodies (sooma psuchikos) but will be "BLASTING" bodies (sooma pneumatikos), no longer able to die (corruptible), but LIFE-GIVING (QUICKENING) bodies! These are the bodies with which we will come to Isra'el with Him, and with Him, we will reign over those who survive into the Millennial time period, the first 1,000 years of Yeshua`s Kingdom. And, just as His disciples were given the following mission, so we will have a similar mission among those who are yet mortal:

Matthew 10:7-8
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
KJV

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Veteran: Your words:"Thus you are purposefully 'misrepresenting' the Scriptures as they are actually written. That should be enough to prove to others here that you're following an agenda outside of The Scriptures of God's Word.

Your bullying tactics might work on other newbies but it won't work on me. I've been on-line debating for over twenty years and I've heard it all. Let me set you straight on something. There is no one on God's green earth that has a 100% knowledge of prophecy. The only way anyone can achieve that is when prophecy becomes history. All anyone has is their opinions based on their understanding of God's word. We might disagree, so what! I'm not going to tell you, you're wrong and I'm right. That's not my job. The only "agenda" I have is christian fellowship and enjoyable "discussions". The only thing I can do as a pre-wrather is show you or anyone what I believe and why I believe it, backing it up with scripture. We may "tangle" again in the future and the only thing I ask is that we disagree in a Christ-like manner. You have your opinion and I have mine but empty accusations have no room on any "christian discussion" site.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The Motive of some here trying to distance Paul's "last trump" away from the final 7th Trumpet of Revelation 11 is clear. It's about trying to MOVE the events and timing of Christ's second coming and the gathering of His Church to a different timeline order than what is written in God's Word. This is further proven by the following statements by Trekson...

"Many people get confused by Paul calling it the “last trump” as it occurs before the seven trumpet judgments. I don’t believe it is intended to mean that there will be no trumpeting after this last one. It just means that it will be the last trump of this age of grace. After this will come severe judgments on Israel and the rest of the earth. Of course the sound of trumpets will be heard throughout the millennium as well."

It's easy brethren to understand what teleiosis and Trekson are trying to do. All one need do is study the type of events Paul was giving with the "last trump" time marker.

A. "last trump" events (1 Cor.15) = time of the resurrection of the asleep saints, and the saints still alive changed at the "twinkling of an eye", which is about the time of Christ Jesus' second coming and gathering of His Church to go to Jerusalem, on earth (Zech.14). Paul was covering the death swallowed up in victory from Isaiah 25, which is about God removing the vail cast upon the faces of all peoples, revealing the Heavenly with Christ's coming.

B. 7th Trumpet events (Revelation 11) = comes in the "same hour" of the great earthquake and resurrection of God's two witnesses, all the kingdoms of this world become Christ's. Just prior to this final Trumpet God's two witnesses were prophesying against the one-world beast kingdom and the false beast king on earth. This timing is the same as the Zech.14 timing when Christ returns to reign over all nations and peoples on earth and hands out His rewards to His elect. It is the same timing as the "last trump" timing which Paul covered about the resurrection and change of the saints and their gathering when Jesus returns.

If the "last trump" timing was for a time prior to the sounding of the 7 Trumpets, as Trekson suggests, then that is a suggestion that supposes Christ's coming and our gathering is PRIOR to the tribulation, since the 7 Trumpet events are about tribulation timing. That essentially is the Pre-tribulational Rapture theology position, a false position not written in God's Word.

Christ made it very clear that the time of His return and our gathering to Him is AFTER... the "great tribulation" He taught of in Matthew 24 and Mark 13...

Matt 24:29-31
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
(KJV)

Mark 13:24-27
24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall He send His angels, and shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
(KJV)

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see where you're coming from. There is no seven year tribulation in the bible. I do believe in a future 70th week consisting of seven years but only a short period within that context is the great trib. The great trib, imo, is Satan's wrath against the church per Rev. 12:17. It will start around the midpoint and will last a guesstimated 1 1/2 to 2 yrs, concluding in the pre-wrath rapture of the church. After that Christ's and God's wrath of judgment (trumpets & vials) come upon the earth and the church is not appointed to wrath so we'll be out of here by then, imho.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I see where you're coming from. There is no seven year tribulation in the bible. I do believe in a future 70th week consisting of seven years but only a short period within that context is the great trib. The great trib, imo, is Satan's wrath against the church per Rev. 12:17. It will start around the midpoint and will last a guesstimated 1 1/2 to 2 yrs, concluding in the pre-wrath rapture of the church. After that Christ's and God's wrath of judgment (trumpets & vials) come upon the earth and the church is not appointed to wrath so we'll be out of here by then, imho.

Where did I say there was a 7 year tribulation?

If you believe in the Pre-Wrath theological position, then it's impossible to claim the "last trump" blows prior to ANY of the 7 Trumpets of Revelation.

The tribulation is upon Christ's Church. God's Wrath is upon the wicked on the day Christ returns, which is the "day of the Lord" per the OT prophets and Christ's Apostles.

Do you not see the problem with the Pre-Wrath position? Per God's Word, His Wrath is... on... "the day of the Lord" when Jesus returns???

As per our Lord Jesus' warning about His coming at Rev.16:15 on the 6th Vial, that Wrath has not come yet at that point in time. See the problem?

So what is the meaning of the KJV translators idea of vials of "wrath" (Greek 'thumos') in Rev.16:1 vs. the final "wrath" on the 7th Vial of Rev.16:19? Notice the Greek word for "wrath" on the 7th Vial of Rev.16:19 is Greek 'orge'.

It means to separate the idea of God's cup of wrath poured out only on the 7th Vial "day of the Lord" timing from the type of wrath on the previous six vials, which still means tribulation upon the saints timing.

Christ's Church is still here on earth all the way through all 6 Vials. It's because Christ does not return to gather us until the final 7th Vial, which is when God's cup of wrath is poured out upon the wicked, which is what the "day of the Lord" event is about per His OT prophets.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Veteran, in my opinion, the Day of the Lord starts with the signs of the sixth seal as referenced by Joel and Matt. 24 and extends through the millennium until after the GWTJ which is still part of the day of the Lord. In the OT there are way too many events to believe it to be just a single 24 hour day and the term "that day" is also used to prophecy about things that can only have millennial significance.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Veteran, in my opinion, the Day of the Lord starts with the signs of the sixth seal as referenced by Joel and Matt. 24 and extends through the millennium until after the GWTJ which is still part of the day of the Lord. In the OT there are way too many events to believe it to be just a single 24 hour day and the term "that day" is also used to prophecy about things that can only have millennial significance.

The "day of the Lord" begins... when our Lord Jesus returns to gather us. The OT prophets, as Paul and Peter also, covered the event of Christ's return and our gathering on... that "day of the Lord" event (1 Thess.5:1-2; 2 Pet.3:10; 2 Thess.2:1-2; Zechariah 14:1-5).

So when does our Lord Jesus gather us? Sometime 'during' that "day of the Lord" event within a timeframe of the "thousand years" of Rev.20? Obviously not, but at the very start of that day.

Don't you remember, our Lord Jesus, Paul, and Peter all linked the start of that "day of the Lord" event with the "as a thief" metaphor?

You're still trying to make those Scriptures fit within the cornered theology of man's Pre-Wrath theology. That's not going to work.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Veteran, Your words:The "day of the Lord" begins... when our Lord Jesus returns to gather us. The OT prophets, as Paul and Peter also, covered the event of Christ's return and our gathering on... that "day of the Lord" event (1 Thess.5:1-2; 2 Pet.3:10; 2 Thess.2:1-2; Zechariah 14:1-5).

So when does our Lord Jesus gather us?

Let's look at those verses. 1 Thess. 5:1-2. The key to understanding this is vs. 4. We are not in darkness because we know the signs preceding His return and they are the signs of Matt. 24 which parallel the seals of Rev. 6.

2 Pet. 3:10. I believe this is another example of telescoping prophecy and Peter is describing events at the end of the millennium which I believe is also a part of the "day" of the Lord.

2 Thess. 2:1-2 (-4) Actually this affirms that His return won't be until after the a of d is set up after the middle of the week.

Zech. 14:1-5. Vs. 1 starts with "A" day not "the" day and is speaking of Armageddon, back in cp. 13:1 it is speaking of the "same" day of the Lord but within a millennial context. Check out these verses.

Joel 2:30-31 - "And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
[sup]31 [/sup]The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come."

These are the same signs as the 6th seal and this verse says it is just "before" the day of the Lord begins. So we are really in agreement, the first act of the day of the Lord is our 7th seal rapture, the first part of His two stage return. It really flows quite smoothly and pardon me for saying so but trying to get around Rev. 16:15 is putting things out of sequence, imo, unless you look at it the way I explained it in the Rev. 16:15 post. I believe in pre-wrath because to me, it makes an absolute logical sense to my mind. There are no "things' that doesn't make sense with this theory, imo.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Veteran, Your words:The "day of the Lord" begins... when our Lord Jesus returns to gather us. The OT prophets, as Paul and Peter also, covered the event of Christ's return and our gathering on... that "day of the Lord" event (1 Thess.5:1-2; 2 Pet.3:10; 2 Thess.2:1-2; Zechariah 14:1-5).

So when does our Lord Jesus gather us?

Let's look at those verses. 1 Thess. 5:1-2. The key to understanding this is vs. 4. We are not in darkness because we know the signs preceding His return and they are the signs of Matt. 24 which parallel the seals of Rev. 6.

So far, I agree.

2 Pet. 3:10. I believe this is another example of telescoping prophecy and Peter is describing events at the end of the millennium which I believe is also a part of the "day" of the Lord.

Nope. You've made an error with that interpretation of 2 Peter 3:10.

Peter specifically linked those events to the "day of the Lord" coming "as a thief in the night". Jesus said His coming will be "as a thief", remember? That's what Paul was speaking about in 1 Thess.5, the day of "sudden destruction" upon those who will be saying, "Peace and safety", which is "day of the Lord" timing per Paul there, which he also said will come "as a thief".

Our Lord Jesus and His Apostles Paul and Peter gave that "as a thief" marker with the "day of the Lord" timing just so we would not... get the timing of Christ's return to gather us mixed up. What the Pre-Wrath theological position is teaching you to try... to do, is to attempt to separate that "as a thief" time marker apart from the "day of the Lord" connection in Scripture. One cannot do that and still claim to be following the Scripture as written.

In other words, the "as a thief" time marker is a metaphor used about Christ's coming as a 'surprise' upon many on the earth when it happens. That's how God shows the "day of the Lord" events coming per His OT prophets. That "as a thief" idea originated from that sudden end idea in those Books of the prophets. One of the ideas on that In Isaiah I especially find interesting, is how God in the Hebrew used the emptying girgling sound a bottle makes when turned upside down with its contents poured out suddenly (Isa.24:1).

2 Thess. 2:1-2 (-4) Actually this affirms that His return won't be until after the a of d is set up after the middle of the week.

That still does not change Paul's declaration of the time of Christ's coming and our gathering in 2 Thess.2:1-2. And he associated that time with "the day of the Lord" there, which is rendered there "day of Christ" in the KJV, but is actually the Greek word kurios in the manuscripts, which means 'Lord'. Thusly, Paul's ref. of "day of Christ" actually means "day of the Lord".

Zech. 14:1-5. Vs. 1 starts with "A" day not "the" day and is speaking of Armageddon, back in cp. 13:1 it is speaking of the "same" day of the Lord but within a millennial context. Check out these verses.

The Zech.14 Scripture is very plain that the events are about "the day of the Lord" timing...

Zech 14:1-3
1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle.
(KJV)

Only starting at Zech.14:8 is Millennium timing starting to be mentioned there...

Zech 14:6-8
6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
(KJV)

What is that "But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD" about? Remember how our Lord Jesus said no one knows the day of His coming, but The Father only? (Matt.24:36). Then right after that, notice those living waters going out from Jerusalem. That's Ezekiel 47 timing, Milennium timing. So there's the timeline dividing point between the day of Christ's coming as a thief on the day of The Lord and the start of the Milennium right there.

Joel 2:30-31 - "And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
[sup]31 [/sup]The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come."

These are the same signs as the 6th seal and this verse says it is just "before" the day of the Lord begins. So we are really in agreement, the first act of the day of the Lord is our 7th seal rapture, the first part of His two stage return. It really flows quite smoothly and pardon me for saying so but trying to get around Rev. 16:15 is putting things out of sequence, imo, unless you look at it the way I explained it in the Rev. 16:15 post. I believe in pre-wrath because to me, it makes an absolute logical sense to my mind. There are no "things' that doesn't make sense with this theory, imo.

No, we are not in complete agreement. The signs of the sun and moon turning to darkness involve eclipses in Jerusalem. They've been multiplying. There is no "two stage return". When Jesus warned us in Rev.16:15 to keep our garments because His coming will be "as a thief", it means we are still here through the 6th Vial, and He will not come until the 7th Vial.

You can try to justify what you're thinking in your mind all you want, but as I've shown here, you are leaving certain areas of the Scripture as they are written to heed man's doctrine of the Pre-Wrath theological position, specially creating a separation between the "as a thief" marker that is aligned with the "day of the Lord" events.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Veteran, did you ever consider that Christ/the day of the Lord could come as a "thief", more than once? We agree that when the term "as a thief" is used it is speaking of unbelievers and not the church. Imo, He could come as a thief once with the rapture, capturing the world with surprise, not because of it's secretcy, but by it's reality. Again, with judgment and wrath because they failed to "hear" the warnings and again at the end of the millennium when humanity is back to it's old rebellious state of mind because of Satan's release from the pit. The bible doesn't tell us how long the time frame is between his release and the final war but it could be thousands of years, so the "end" could come like a thief for them too.

Veteran, you see the seals, trumpets and vials happening concurrently, I do not. I just follow the line of scriptures. The 7th seal opens the 1st trumpet, the 7th trumpet opens the first vial, it's just that simple and multiple earthquakes and signs are not an unreasonable expectation.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Veteran, did you ever consider that Christ/the day of the Lord could come as a "thief", more than once?

Impossible, otherwise we might as well believe the false pre-trib secret rapture idea that is not written either. Either we keep to God's Word, or we don't. It's each person's choice.

We agree that when the term "as a thief" is used it is speaking of unbelievers and not the church.

Not completely we don't. There will be many in the Church that will be deceived with Christ's coming as much as the unbelievers will be. Remember the apostasy Paul warned of, and what main event causes the "strong delusion". Christ's coming will not be "as a thief" for only those 'sealed' by God with His seal.

Imo, He could come as a thief once with the rapture, capturing the world with surprise, not because of it's secretcy, but by it's reality.

I say again, impossible, because the idea of the 'rapture' (actually the Greek harpazo event per 1 Thess.4 and 1 Cor.15) will affect all... peoples on earth, not just the Church. In 1 Cor.15 Paul was covering the change at the "twinklling of an eye" for all peoples, not just Christ's Church. He was pulling from Isaiah 25 about that. All... on earth will be changed. Our Lord Jesus in John 5:28-29 revealed that point too.

When our Lord Jesus appears coming in the clouds with the 'asleep' resurrected saints to gather us, all on earth are going to shocked by it. It's at that very point that the fake "Peace and safety" the deceived will be saying, will end. It's about the Heavenly dimension being opened up for all to see, as we all will be changed to the spiritual body at an instant.

Again, with judgment and wrath because they failed to "hear" the warnings and again at the end of the millennium when humanity is back to it's old rebellious state of mind because of Satan's release from the pit. The bible doesn't tell us how long the time frame is between his release and the final war but it could be thousands of years, so the "end" could come like a thief for them too.

Well, God's Word does show us the timeframe after Satan's final release at the end of Christ's future "thousand years" reign. It will be enough time for Satan to gather the deceived to go upon the "camp of the saints" to try and destroy the holy city in Jerusalem then. Moreover, the idea of a full 'day' for the "day of the Lord", per God's reckoning, is one thousand years (2 Pet.3; Gen.2:17). So that reveals at the end of the Rev.20 thousand years, the final Gog/Magog event is to going to come quickly thereafter.

Moreover, the "as a thief" idea per Scripture is about Christ Jesus being 'revealed' to all, in Person. That does not wait until the end of the Milennium (thousand years of Rev.20). So I don't know why you're even trying to go there, except with trying to pry that "as a thief" time marker apart from the last day of this present world when our Lord Jesus returns, which is the first day of "the day of the Lord" per God's Word.

Veteran, you see the seals, trumpets and vials happening concurrently, I do not. I just follow the line of scriptures. The 7th seal opens the 1st trumpet, the 7th trumpet opens the first vial, it's just that simple and multiple earthquakes and signs are not an unreasonable expectation.

The order in which John was given our Lord's Revelation is not the exact order of all its events.

The only strict numerical order we can be certain of is with the last 3 Trumpets. It's because those 3 have 3 Woe periods attached to them, giving us the proper event order as Revelation unfolds. Understanding that section, from the end of Rev.8 through Rev.11, helps determine the true order of events between the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials.

For example: In Rev.6 with the Seals, the first one mentioned is about the rider on a white horse coming to conquer. That is either the Antichrist or it's our Lord Jesus. Regardless of which one believes that is, why is it the first mentioned Seal? We know the later Seals must take place before either the false messiah or our Lord Jesus will come.

Also, the 6th Seal contains "day of the Lord" events with the heavens departing as a scroll rolled up, with the wicked hiding in the holes and rocks because of Christ's coming. If the Seals were meant only as a prep for the Trumpets, with Christ's coming on the 7th Trumpet, then why is that event already being mentioned on that 6th Seal?

Also, why is our Lord Jesus still giving us the warning to keep our garments because His coming will be "as a thief", on the 6th Vial? If His coming is on the 7th Trumpet, then why would He continue to give that warning all the way through the 6th Vial?

Also, why is the beast miracle working still going on within the 6th Vial, the kings still being gathered in prep for the battle of Armageddon when Jesus comes with His army to defeat them?

The answer is simple. Our Lord Jesus only gave 7 Signs of the end per His Olivet Discourse. The 7 Seals are about all... of those 7 Signs; the 7 Trumpets are about all... of those same 7 Signs, and the 7 Vials are all... about those same 7 Signs. Jesus gave us 3 SETS of descriptions of the same 7 Signs He gave in His Olivet Discourse. That does not mean we can create more tribulation events and times of His coming than He gave with just those 7 Signs. Yet, that is exactly what many do with their confused study of Revelation by trying to follow numbers more than concentrating on the individual events given.

And I must admit, it's a very excellent system to deceive those who won't heed all of God's Word.

The answer of why the rider on the white horse is the first Seal mentioned in Rev.6 is given by parallel study with the 7 Sign order Jesus gave us in Matt.24 and Mark 13. The first sign our Lord Jesus gave in His Olivet Discourse was to not allow any man to deceived us. That's what that rider on the white horse represents, the coming pseudo-Christ He further explains in more detail later in His Discourse. The 2nd Sign He gave was that of war and rumours of war, which is the 2nd Seal of Rev.6. The rest of the 7 Signs follow the layout of the Seals in Rev.6. I'm thinking you already know some about this.

Now if Rev.6 with the 7 Seals follow the 7 Signs He was giving in His Olivet Discourse, then what about the 7 Trumpets, and then the 7 Vials? Since He gave us that parallel study between His Olivet Discourse and Rev.6, why don't we see that as applied as a parallel study for the 7 Trumpets and 7 Vials also?

If you understand, then our Lord Jesus did show... us by that how... to properly interpret His Book of Revelation involving the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials. Once that is understood, then all the 7 Signs in Revelation start pulling together, revealing the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials occur concurrently. The last 3 Trumpets, Seals, and Vials especially show they happen concurrently.

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
I agree you Veteran that they all end concurrently but I'm going to have withhold judgment about the beginning of each; I'm not sure they begin concurrently. Seems to me that the seals might have a earlier beginning but I have no actual proof.

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I agree you Veteran that they all end concurrently but I'm going to have withhold judgment about the beginning of each; I'm not sure they begin concurrently. Seems to me that the seals might have a earlier beginning but I have no actual proof.

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

There are some... overlaps. That's true. But further into the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials, like on the 666 timing, there's to be a specific event which involves the height of the tribulation events, that of the dragon's coming to establish idol worship on 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe timing.