• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone with access to the Bible can read God’s law, so pretending it isn’t there won’t make it go away. It is one thing for there to be no wrath for when someone sins while being ignorant of God’s law against it and it is another thing for someone to deliberately rebel against God’s law.
I think when we read Jesus telling his Apostles his law yet again,and then stating,if they love him keep his commands, we know God's law still holds in a new covenant. As Jesus reiterated.

When we read those who insist that teaching of Jesus no longer holds,I think we need to consider the import of such an absurd rebuke of Christ's authority.

Because the Gospel and his laws are inextricably linked.

What's noticable in the collective that rebukes the laws of Christ,when he was God in the flesh, I think, is how anti they really are.

The same people who insist the Sabbath does not exist for Christians,are typically the same ones who insist eternal irrevocable Salvation is false doctrine. They also insist,boldly contrary to what is written in scripture in any version, that God's Elect is a description referring to those who Elect to follow Christ.
The veneer sometimes donned on this consistent rhetoric of those described is to invoke as their "reasoning" for their (false) perspective is that those not on accord are advocating Calvinism.
Which in fact is something they rarely know anything about.

In short the consistent thread within that collective is to openly deny Christ and his purpose and actual message.
Anti-Gospel,Anti-Jesus.

They think it isn't obvious. In fact it is impossible to miss.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not enough body bags to execute those who work on weekends as Moses COMMANDED!
Jesus gave himself to pay the penalty for our sins, so it would be unjust to enforce a penalty that he has already paid. Still not he fact that God considers breaking the Sabbath to be worthy of the death penalty and the fact that Jesus gave himself to pay that penalty on our behalf should make us want to go and sin no more.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It isn't Moses' law. It is God's.
And Jesus/God put his law in perspective.
Malachi 4:4
4 "Remember the Law of Moses, My servant, Which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel, With the statutes and judgments.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malachi 4:4
4 "Remember the Law of Moses, My servant, Which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel, With the statutes and judgments.
The Law of Moses is referred to as being the Law of God in verses like Nehemiah 8:1-8, Ezra 7:6-12, and Luke 2:22-23. In Deuteronomy 5:31-33, Moses wrote down everything that God commanded him without departing from it, so it is called the Law of Moses not because it belongs to Moses, but because God gave it to Israel through Moses as a mediator. In Malachi 4:4. It again states the the Law of Moses was commanded by God.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law of Moses is referred to as being the Law of God in verses like Nehemiah 8:1-8, Ezra 7:6-12, and Luke 2:22-23. In Deuteronomy 5:31-33, Moses wrote down everything that God commanded him without departing from it, so it is called the Law of Moses not because it belongs to Moses, but because God gave it to Israel through Moses as a mediator. In Malachi 4:4. It again states the the Law of Moses was commanded by God.
Of course the Law of Moses is the Law of God. But I don't know anyone who obeys the Law of Moses. NOBODY!

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course the Law of Moses is the Law of God. But I don't know anyone who obeys the Law of Moses. NOBODY!
I find that hard to believe. For example, you’re telling me that you don’t know anyone who has ever honored their parents? I don’t believe it.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that hard to believe. For example, you’re telling me that you don’t know anyone who has ever honored their parents? I don’t believe it.
You actually know some who execute gays, those who work in weekends, ??? I don't.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You actually know some who execute gays, those who work in weekends, ??? I don't.
For you to insist that the penalty of their sin should still be enforced is to deny that Jesus gave himself to pay the penalty for our sins.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For you to insist that the penalty of their sin should still be enforced is to deny that Jesus gave himself to pay the penalty for our sins.
Make up your mind. I quoted the Law and you reject it now. You don't like the Law you're preaching? Hmm

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make up your mind. I quoted the Law and you reject it now. You don't like the Law you're preaching? Hmm
I just don't like your denial that Jesus gave himself to pay the penalty for our sins.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don't like your denial that Jesus gave himself to pay the penalty for our sins.
Lying is condemned in both OT and NT! And I don't like the LIE you just told about me.

Last edited: