"strong delusions"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Midwest
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the "strong delusions" mentioned by Paul in 2 Corinthians 2:11

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Reactions: MA2444

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I don't think God personally sends delusions to them, but He allows them to happen to them, but the Lie and the delusion are both coming from the enemy.

They had to fo ask permission to do this, just like in Job. SO I wonder what kind of electronics they are already using against us? They could have anything set up in space by now. They can prolly hit you with a beam that is invisible to the naked eye and cause your brain to stop firing right , causing chaos within...? I dunno. We may have to wait until the end to see what all they were really doing.

Oh, I forgot to answer the question. I think the strong delusions that is spoken ofwill be done artificially, ike by electronics and weapons, but the end goal is to allow the antichrist to function in lying signs and wonders. To be able to call down fire from heaven to kill people, and those people will buy into the delusion 101% and believe it. But, geez they can already do that. The Lie, is that Aliens are from a different planet. But they are not! They are from another dimension. They can't admit to that without acknowledging God as being real.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A delusion is something not based on facts or reality; it exists only in a person's mind. In the context, the "strong delusion" Paul seems to be talking about will involve the acceptance the lawless one as some sort of savior.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the "strong delusions"?
Dear Berean,
The strong delusion is the spirit of anti-Christ and the lie is that Satan is Christ and his apostate church is the true church.

2Cor 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

A short time after the death of Paul, the churches which he and the others apostles started all become apostate. The apostasy occurred because of the introduction of the spirit of anti-Christ into the world.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Though Paul did not write much about the coming apostasy, it was a very big deal and the knowledge of its coming greatly distressed Paul. No one should take the tears that Paul shed over this revelation lightly.

Paul died somewhere around 65 A.D. and John wrote his 3 letters to his churches sometime around 90 A.D.

Here is what John said in his first letter:

1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

As John says, an apostate believer does not believe that Christ ever came in the flesh (to them personally). Coming "in the flesh" is John's way of describing when Christ comes to an unbeliever and gives them the Early Rain of the Spirit.

The Early Rain of the Spirit is what Paul received on the Damascus Road and what the Apostles received when they walked with Christ on His journey to the cross.

In the marriage analogy, the Early Rain of the Spirit is what causes an unbeliever to become a chaste virgin and to be espoused to Christ. The marriage occurs when Christ returns with Latter Rain and judgment. This is the point of conversion.

When an unbeliever receives the Early Rain of the Spirit, it will give them a "measure of faith" and certain spiritual gifts. This is when they enter the church. However, the Early Rain of the Spirit is given in "measure" (small amount) and will not heal the new believer's spiritual blindness. As a result, the believer will (for the most part) not understand the spiritual teachings of Christ (see Mark 8:15-25 for Christ's teaching on spiritual blindness). In this spiritually blind condition, Christ will only appear to the believer "in the flesh", or as Paul says "Christ and Him crucified" (1Cor 2:2). The believer will be able to understand Christ's physical work which lead Him to the cross, but His spiritual work and teachings under the New Covenant will remain blurred.

It is these spiritually blind & unconverted believers who were deceived by Satan when the spirit of anti-Christ came into the world near the end of the 1st century. None of them were spared. Even to this day, all new believers (shortly after they are called out from the world) will experience this same "strong delusion" and will become apostate.

These verses applies:

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, it is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word (both good and evil) that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Lam 3:38 Out of the mouth of the Most High doth not there proceed evil and good?

Back to what John said in 1John 4:3. Paul's warning to the churches about the coming apostasy was probably common knowledge in the churches as evidenced by John saying "whereof ye have heard that it should come". John then adds that the spirit of anti-Christ is not only coming but that it is "already in the world".

The Revelation of Jesus Christ which John received by a vision is John's final letter to the churches. In that vision, the apostasy that came upon the church at the end of the 1st century is taught in detail. The Seven Headed Beast introduced in chapter 13 represents an apostate believer who has become a "man of sin" (2Thes 2:1-8). The second of beast of chapter 13 represents the spirit of anti-Christ (false prophet) which spiritually controls the apostate believer.

Christ also frequently taught about the coming apostasy in the four gospels.

Below is where Christ describes how powerful the deceptions of Satan will be to unconverted believers:

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Christ even taught about how the church will become apostate:

Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself SEVEN other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

The spiritual symbol of an unclean spirit represents a spirit which teaches Satan's false truth through lies and deceptions.

Since a new believer remains spiritually blind (Mark 8:21-25) after receiving the Early Rain of the Spirit, they cannot replace their worldly false beliefs with the truth of Christ. ONE unclean spirit leaves but comes back with SEVEN more. The number "seven" represents perfection. In this case, the number seven represents the perfection of Satan's lies/deceptions which come to a believer by the indwelling of the spirit of anti-Christ. Now, instead of ONE unclean spirit within the believer, they now have EIGHT. The number eight is a spiritual symbol which represents a new spiritual condition. In this case, the new spiritual condition is worse than the first (a "man of sin").

The apostasy of the church is truly a strong delusion and has continued to hold its grip on the church even up to this present day. However, since it is a "strong delusion", the believers in the apostate churches of the world (all approx. 2,000 denominations/sects of Christianity) are completely unaware that they are following Satan instead of Christ. That is the nature of being deceived - while it is happening to a person, they cannot know it. It is only AFTER they come out from the deception that they can know that they had been deceived.

Since Christ is saving the Elect during this age, Christ will not allow His Elect to remain under Satan's deceptions until they die.

These verses apply:

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand. 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

"This gospel of the kingdom" is not referring to Christ's Gospel. It is referring to Satan's "another gospel" which the Elect believer is unknowingly following. When the verse says that this gospel "shall be preached in all the world", it means when Satan's false gospel has been fully accepted by the believer. The "nations" represents the strongholds of the believers thoughts and beliefs. Once an Elect believer arrives at this "worse than the first" spiritual state of being, they are ready for the end to come. The "end" that Christ is referring to is the end of the ages when He returns for an Elect believer's salvation (Heb 9:28).

When Christ comes the second time, He will pour out the Latter Rain of the Spirit which will restore the fallen away believer to salvation.

The Latter Rain of the Spirit is what the Apostles received on the Day of Pentecost and what Paul received after being blind in Damascus for three days.

In the farming analogy, it is the day of the wheat harvest:

1Sam 12:17 Is it not wheat harvest to day? I will call unto the LORD, and he shall send thunder and Rain (Latter Rain); that ye may perceive and see that your wickedness is great (see the Abomination of Desolation), which ye have done in the sight of the LORD, in asking you a king (Satan).

Next, Christ will judge the believer to remove the "chaff" from within them. During this time of judgment, the spirit of anti-Christ and the Great Harlot (worsened carnal nature of the believer) will be removed and cast into the Lake of Fire for destruction (shown in Mat 24:40-41, Rev 19:20). This judgment will complete the believer's conversion from a "man of sin" (worsened child of the Devil) into a new child of God.

What I have explained above is what the Lord has shown me concerning the "strong delusion" and the spiritual pathway that He causes all His Elect to travel to their conversion/salvation. That pathway goes through the apostate church.

Joe

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think God personally sends delusions to them, but He allows them to happen to them,
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Here is why:

Isaiah 66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Soo...you're saying that the evil spirit is named strong delusion? The bad guys go and ask permission to sift us, Job shows us that, then God allows it and sends them out with an allowance to go sift them.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Chaff is done through believing in the exaltation and death satan provides, rather than the humility/meekness of Christ, which brings life.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Soo...you're saying that the evil spirit is named strong delusion? The bad guys go and ask permission to sift us, Job shows us that, then God allows it and sends them out with an allowance to go sift them.
No we are to just believe in Jesus Christ who always does what pleases the Father, rather than men who do not hear God ( only the Son knows the Father) and who do evil before Gods eyes choosing that which does not please God..

Isaiah 66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Galatians 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No we are to just believe in Jesus Christ who always does what pleases the Father, rather than men who do not hear God ( only the Son knows the Father) and who do evil before Gods eyes choosing that which does not please God..

John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Galatians 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

That very well could be. I'll chew on that.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What are the "strong delusions" mentioned by Paul in 2 Corinthians 2:11

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
The objective of Salvation is not just the final result of putting on immortality as described in 1 Corinthians 15:53. Its objective is to become healthy both emotionally, spiritually and physically.
Delusion is the result of unhealthy paradigms held and insisted on. The greater the insistence on maintaining an unhealthy view the greater the delusion.

A physical example might be; insist on believing and ingesting McDonalds and Coke on a daily basis expecting a buff and well functioning body system, is a delusion.

The same principle applies to both our emotional world and our understanding of the greater reality (spiritual)

Reactions: MA2444

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soo...you're saying that the evil spirit is named strong delusion?
Maybe
The bad guys go and ask permission to sift us, Job shows us that, then God allows it and sends them out with an allowance to go sift them.
Well God gave Satan permission, so what's your point? God doesn't ask anyone's permission.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Look guys, the new testament is peace, it is not every man at dispute with the other, it is belief in the love of God and to have that love for one another. Try it.

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well God gave Satan permission, so what's your point? God doesn't ask anyone's permission.

God dont have to ask permission, but if the enemy wants to come sift you and bring on delusions for you, they have to go ask God if He will let them do that. So it is not God's delusion that He sends to the people. More like He allows delusion to come to them.

That's my point.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God dont have to ask permission, but if the enemy wants to come sift you and bring on delusions for you, they have to go ask God if He will let them do that. So it is not God's delusion that He sends to the people. More like He allows delusion to come to them.

That's my point.
God's point:

Reactions: marks

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could delusions be God’s removal of His Holy Spirt for a future test.
Could apostasy be the Antichrist convincing All he is Jesus
So All turn their worship to the devil

Can’t get a bigger apostasy than that

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland

Ezekiel 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's point:

I dont *think* so, but maybe.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What is (are) the "strong delusion(s)" mentioned by Paul in 2 Corinthians 2:11
The passage does cover the "strong delusion", singular, as the belief in the "unrighteous deception", and "lying wonders" of the lawless one/ man of sin/ son of perdition/ false prophet, aka the Antichrist.

2Th 2:9
The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10
and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11
And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

Those who do not receive the love of the truth forfeit their salvation and are stuck with the consequences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anonymous 1